Vista and Money upgrade

Is it necessary (or recommended) to upgrade to Vista SP1 to successfully
upgrade to Money Plus?   I have installed the latest Windows updates....just
not SP1.

0
stevev5413 (11)
12/23/2008 7:02:40 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I don't think a dependency was ever identified here.

In microsoft.public.money, stevev wrote:

>Is it necessary (or recommended) to upgrade to Vista SP1 to successfully
>upgrade to Money Plus?   I have installed the latest Windows updates....just
>not SP1.

Not required.

Be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that
you will have full privileges to, such as within the user's
Documents folder.  If they are in ProgramFiles, Vista will create
an impermanent copy of the file for the user to use, unless the
user explicitly right-clicks at launch and choose
RunAsAdministrator that time.

Install Money from the Money Plus by browsing to the setup file.
Right-click that file, and choose RunAsAdministrator.

After install, right-click the Money icon and choose
RunAsAdministrator to let potential updates happen.  Reboot the
computer.  You should not have to run as Administrator normally.

Also change your backup path from
 "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\" to
 "C:\Users\username\Documents\"

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

How to upgrade to 2004?
I have Money 2003. Am interested in upgrading to 2004. I don't see anywhere on the Money site to upgrade (as opposed to buying outright) 2004. Is that possible? Where do I go? >Subject: How to upgrade to 2004? >From: "leenman" anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 7/30/2004 6:57 PM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id: <78eb01c47691$09497100$a301280a@phx.gbl> > >I have Money 2003. Am interested in upgrading to 2004. I >don't see anywhere on the Money site to upgrade (as >opposed to buying outright) 2004. Is that possible? Where >do I...

VISTA
When I go to save my excel 2007 worksheet which is running in compatibility mode because I have VISTA I get DOCUMENT NOT SAVED can anybody help? Thank you -- Paula Paula, Your Excel 2007 is not running in compatibility mode because of Vista. Compatibility mode means you have opens a old Excel file made with a version that pre-dates XL 2007 Form the Start menu open Excel. It will open with a blank XL 2007 workbook Add some data and Save Tell us what happens best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "PaulaC" <P...

Test Environment for Upgrade from 9 to 10
Our live GP 9 data is in the default instance of an SQL 2005 installation. We don't have separate hardware to test the upgrade to GP 10. If I install a new named instance of SQL server on our existing hardware can I test the upgrade on this named instance without affecting our live data in the default instance? In other words, can I run an instance of GP 9 and separate instance of GP 10 on the same server hardware? Thanks, -- Mike Sinclair yes you will need to install the current revs (matching your system) of V9 and copy your live db to that named instance. Use the knowledge...

Money 2006 and IE7 (and upgrade to Money 2007)
Hello, I have Money 2006 Small Business. I reformatted my computer and installed IE7. I'm not attempting to install Money 2006 and it is not letting me stating there is a required component (IE6?) that is required to install. How can I install Money 2006 after I've installed IE7? Is there a discount to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money 2007? Thank you, In microsoft.public.money, jswpg wrote: > >I have Money 2006 Small Business. I reformatted my computer and installed >IE7. I'm not attempting to install Money 2006 and it is not letting me >stating there is ...

setup for money 2005
I ordered money essentials for my new computer. Went thru stacks of old stuff, and discarded disc for money 2005 -- big mistake. Now I have the new PC, and have discovered that money essentials will not import old data, and will not perform any of the offline functions of a money program. It is just an online bank which I don't want and cannot use. Is there any possible way to transfer my money software and files to the new computer??? They are demanding that I setup from the disc. The only alternative that I can see is to move into a bigger apartment which will have to space to...

upgrading: from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002
I'm current;y trying to upgrade a home computer. I'm replacing Windows 98 with Windows 2000 and also installing Office 2000. With my current set-up I'm using Outlook Express as my mail. When all is said and done with my upgrade procedures I want to be using Outlook 2002. The problem I have is that it seems that Outlook Express does not have the same file extension as Outlook 2002 (.PST). My plan is to do a full new install of Windows 2000, which will delete everything on my computer, application wise. Then I'll have to reload programs, etc. I can't figure o...

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area on vista
Hp lap top, had my first bsod. had not changed anything in 6 days just surfing web. It was slow, and rebooted. bsod. I am in safe mode with network now, if i load into reg vista, it bsod. Here is what I have tried so far. not in any real order Restore to last up date 5/7 Failed restore to 5/4 failed, Restore to day before I added antivirus software 4/29 failed Ran spybot, safe mode Ran cc cleaner safe mode Ran chkdsk c:/r 8 bad sectors. Finally here. This is my work cpu, and i need to get the invoicing out. I have it backed up. I can access it through here. I will say this l...

Problems with money99 when upgrading from 98 to Xp
I have just upgraded from win98 to WinXP and now when I try to open MSMoney I get the following error: --- MSNMONEY.EXE - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetCtrlGuid could not be located in the dynamic link library mspfctl0.dll --- Any suggestions on how I can get this working again? Scott I would try uninstalling Money and reinstalling to a new directory. -- <scott.wuk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124277959.590797.171400@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have just upgraded from win98 to WinXP > and now when I try to open MSMoney I get the following ...

Outlook 2003 crashes and restarts in Vista
Hi all! I'm hoping to get some help from all of you! After my laptop installed some updates it started to crash Outlook whenever I'm writing an email. I have re-installed Outlook and even uninstalled some of the updates I thought would be conflictive, however it still happens. Here's the error I'm getting: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 11.0.8312.0 Application Timestamp: 4a403990 Fault Module Name: OUTLLIB.dll Fault Module Version: 11.0.8313.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a793...

Money 2008 and transfers
I have money 2008 and at my bank we have 5 accounts between my wife and I. We transfer money between accounts and am wondering if there is a way to ignore these so they dont end up in the reports. Depends on many things: 1) Are you using Essential or Deluxe/Premium edition? 2) Essential or Advanced Register/Reports? 3) Which reports? Almost all Advanced Reports in Deluxe and above can be tailored to include and/or omit Transfers. "Ken-Ken" <ken.mott@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193289711.800710.111460@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I have money 2008 and at my b...

Password errors when reinstalling Money 2003
I recently formatted my hard drive and reinstalled all my software. Now, when I try to open my MS Money file, it tells me I'm entering the wrong password. I'm using the same password I've used for years, and there is no way I or anyone else have changed it. I've tried looking for password recovery software, but it seems they all only work on Money 2001 and earlier. I tried opening the backup and get the same error. Has anyone else experienced this? I've never had this problem before, but it happened the first time I tried to use it after reinstalling, so I'...

Vista not starting
Hi! My Dell Dimension/Vista Home Premium SPlatest has been running reasonably troublefree for thre years. Last week, the machine would come up to the 'Micrsosft Corporation' progress bar and progress away to glory. Sometimes a restart would work, sometimes not. The third time it happened, I found it wouldnt start even after three restarts It started on safe mode. I went back to normal mode and (I think) it did not start. Or maybe it ddid. I chanced to look at Event Viewer ( people should make it a practice to do so in the event of unexpected situations) and found a DHCP f...

how to install php on vista
I try to install php on window vista by running window installer from php.net. But in Configure IIS, I can not find add new extension (.php) in IIS manager. Also there is no php5isapi.dll in php folder. I try to run test.php on localhost, it gives error message "The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration." Need help to solve this problem. Thanks. On 09 Apr 2010, =?Utf-8?B?eW9yaw==?= <york@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I try to install php on window vista by running wind...

Where's my bank? Money 2002
On it's website, my bank, has all the information for downloading to Money, but they are not listed in Money 2002's banks list. They are listed on the Financial Institutions Online page but I'm not sure how to get that info into the money program. I have tried setting up my accounts according to the instructions but I'm hitting a brick wall. Any help I can get will be GREATLY appreciated. marilyn In microsoft.public.money, marilyn wrote: >On it's website, my bank, has all the information for >downloading to Money, but they are not listed in Money >20...

Exchange 5.5 standard to Enterprise Upgrade
H We have exchange 5.5 standard edition with NT 4 server. We are in pocess of upgrading it to Exchange 2003 but I think before upgrading it to Exchange 2003 we should upgrade it to 5.5 enterprise edition. I know its a old question but can some one please point me some old posting or can please give steps to upgrade 5.5 Std to 5.5 enterprise Thanks in advance Hello, You should be able to run reinstall from the Exchange Enterprise CD. This will upgrade the server to Enterprise. Here is the article: 170280 XADM: Upgrading From Exchange Server Standard Edition to the Enterprise http://support...

MONEY 2004 OEM Standard
Hi... How frustrating! When I bring up my FAVORITE REPORT, 'Monthly Budget' , it does not include all the accounts that have balances, and gives me inaccurate totals that don't balance to the total where my checks are posted, I went back to the original entries there and they are posted correcly as to Categories, Subcategories and amounts. Categories are also typed properly per the listing in the main heading ,CATEGORIES. Anyone? Please? Thanx always for the great help! Mike ...

Microsoft RMS POS 2.0 & Vista Home Premium
We just purchased a new PC with Vista Home Premium, and we plan on buying Microsoft RMS POS 2.0. Will version 2.0 of RMS POS run on Vista Home Premium? Thanks, Tom While RMS does on on Vista very well, in my opinion but you will want to make sure that all of addional POS hardware will work with Vista as well i.e. scanners, printers. etc... I know that the TPI plug-in from Mercury is not compatible with Vista and neither are the Mini MIRC check readers from Magtek. Having the ability to process checks is not as critical as it once was, as alot of retailers will no longer accept check...

Upgrade to Great Plains Dynamics 9.0 error, Column PRODID not foun
Hello, I am attempting a test upgrade from Great Plains 7.5 to Dynamics 9.0 and I get an error during the system tables upgrade portion, right at the 'Load Additional Required Data' step. The error message is: The following SQL statement produced an error: delete from DU000010 where PRODID=258 followed by: ERROR [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PRODID'. I checked the DU000010 table and the column does NOT exist. I also tried upgrading from 7.5 to 8.0, which worked, but when I then try to upgrade that 8.0 to 9.0, I still get the sa...

Money Essentials #6
How do i restore a money 2003 file into money essentials? -- faf In microsoft.public.money, faf wrote: >How do i restore a money 2003 file into money essentials? It cannot be done. See "*" note on http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=002&active_tab=Compare You don't. Money Essentials knows nothing about real Money files. Trade in Money Essentials For Deluxe. "faf" <faf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA1E0E88-8B95-407F-8704-3B1EF4F08692@microsoft.com... > How do i restore a money 2003 file into money essential...

Windows Vista and 2 Gb RAM?
Hi, Some people on the XP Discussion told me that Widows Vista only really runs well if it has 2Gb RAM. I know that the Upgrade advisor states a lot less, and that the Minimum system requirements is less also. Is this 2Gb need/want true, in what cases, and why? Is it just that Vista runs much smoother on 2 GB RAM? Thank you. Brian Having 2gig of RAM is a lot better than having 1 GIG or even 512MB. Go for it and you will not regret it -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...

Outlook 2003
All, I just upgraded my office 2003 installation to the beta2 technical refresh and have lost the ability to connect to my pop email accounts (I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003). After I reinstalled the beta 1 version of Office 2003, I installed 2 of my pop accounts, to narrow down the problem, and Outlook 2003 worked just fine. However when I installed the "Office 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (English version)" from the update site on the new install of Beta 1 and rebooted my computer I once again lost the ability to connect to my POP Servers. The error mess...

Money 2002 #23
I have been using Money for some time without any problems downloading transactions. My download went fine from the bank and seemed to be in Money. It said I had a statement to review but I don't see the transactions in the account register. I clicked on help and it said to clear my temp files - I did and then another faq said to do Internet Updates. Did that rebooted and now Money won't even open. Help it's tax time. In microsoft.public.money, Cindy wrote: >I have been using Money for some time without any >problems downloading transactions. My download went...

Favorite feature about Vista
The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look better. I sent a message to Laredo Community College and I CCed Alejandra, so I hope Alejandra gets the message that this is not email. "Alejandra Contreras" <i1405104@cisnet.laredo.edu> wrote in message news:uY2t40AsKHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. > It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look > better....

Outlook 2007, Vista and Unread Mail
Unread Mail no longer displays the number of new unread mails; instead, folders with new mails are displayed in bold. But when I click on Unread Mail, I can read the mails that are new. How can I get Unread Mail to display the number of Unread Mails, and the folders containing new emails to NOT be displayed in bold? -- Thanks, John Hi John, What happens if you right click on the Unread Mail folder and click properties? Is the "Show number of Unread Items" radio button selected? -- Benjamin Gay [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

Money 2006
I start using Money since 99, up to Money 2004,I am able to generate a monthly report for whichever the month I want as long as the data are available. This means I can get a monthly report a few years back and take it to compare with my present monthly report or for some other purposes. But since Money 2005,the program only allows you to have the most recent 12 monthly reports including the one in progress. I just upgrade to M06 and it seems this function is the same as 05. Can someone help to verify if my understanding is correct and whether possible to change the program setting to ...