VAT when converting from Quicken

Still evaluating Money 2004 Trial Version and, having liked what I saw when
I converted my personal Quicken XG file to Money, I have now converted my
small business Quicken file and have a problem with VAT.

I've been through my accounts and enabled them for VAT.  [Easy - just a few
minutes]

I've been through my categories and added the VAT percentage.  [Fairly
easy - under half-an-hour]

However, the only way I've discovered of adding VAT to existing transactions
is to amend each individual transaction (open Transaction, change Category
drop-down box from Split/Multiple Categories to the correct Category, click
Enter).  This will be very time-consuming and take many days to complete.

Is there a better way to convert?

Thanks in advance

Keith Ward

0
news9019 (3)
6/9/2004 3:58:09 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Did you try the Tool > Find and Replace w/ Advanced?  This can be used
for most any global changes but I do not know how it can handle actual
split transactions unless you could also globally find and then delete
(or change) them.

arthur
--
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:58:09 +0100, "Keith64"  wrote:

>However, the only way I've discovered of adding VAT to existing transactions
>is to amend each individual transaction (open Transaction, change Category
>drop-down box from Split/Multiple Categories to the correct Category, click
>Enter).  This will be very time-consuming and take many days to complete.
>
>Is there a better way to convert?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Keith Ward

I've just tried this.
When I select multiple transactions to change, it still presents them one at
a time for each change.  Not a lot of fun if there's 1100 transactions to be
changed.

I understand Money2002 handled business transactions better.  Perhaps I
should be trying that version.

Keith

"Arthur" <no.body.lives.here@xoxy.net> wrote in message
> Did you try the Tool > Find and Replace w/ Advanced?  This can be used
> for most any global changes but I do not know how it can handle actual
> split transactions unless you could also globally find and then delete
> (or change) them.
>
> arthur
> --
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:58:09 +0100, "Keith64"  wrote:
> >
> >However, the only way I've discovered of adding VAT to existing
transactions
> >is to amend each individual transaction (open Transaction, change
Category
> >drop-down box from Split/Multiple Categories to the correct Category,
click
> >Enter).  This will be very time-consuming and take many days to complete.
> >
> >Is there a better way to convert?
> >
> >Thanks in advance
> >
> >Keith Ward

0
news9019 (3)

Quicken Convert #5
Downloaded Money05 trial. Validated 10 MB quicken file. Followed instructions in Money for conversion, hung-up computer, twice. Reduced size of quicken file to 5 MB. Now receive following error message: ------------------------------------------------------------ Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again. --------------------------------------------------------...

converting rows and columns
Hi, I have a dataset that is not organized the way I want it to. The data is organized as follows: Country Variable Year1 Year2 Year3 ... A 1 10 20 30 A 2 5 6 7 A 3 45 40 35 B 1 4 9 2 B 2 ... B 3 ... C 1 C 2 etc. I want to copy this data into another table that is organized as follows: Country Year Variable1 Variable2 Variable3 A year1 ... ... ... A year2 ... A year3 . B year1 . B ye...

Converting VC6 Project to VS2005
When opening a VC6 (MFC) project in VS2005 I get the following warning, "The project 'MyAppp.dsp' must be converted to the current Visual C++ project format. After it has been converted, you will not be able to edit this project in previous versions of Visual Studio. Convert and open the project?" This warning appears each time I open the project with VS2005, and contrary to the warning I have found that I am indeed able to edit the project with VC6. I am hoping that someone can explain why this warning appears, why it appears each time I open the project in VS2005, ...

Converting varying length Vertically-aligned records to Horizontal Rows of list (tabular)
I have a Excel Spreadsheet with Records of books. The fields and data value is entered as the First and Second Column (ColA, ColB). The records are separated by 2 empty rows. Some fields are missing for some records: Some record may miss the 'author' whereas some records may miss some other fields, say ,'subject' AND 'totalpage'. The Objective is to tranform the record horizontally with Each ffield in one column with missing field blanked so that all the field are aligned in a column e.g. colA for 'Title', colB for 'Author' How can we convert varying ...

VAT Receipt
Hi I am looking for a receipt that details Total Taxable amount by Tax code this is for customers claiming vat back on goods bought Thanks rsn ...

URGENT error converting a lead to a contact
I am getting an error converting a lead to a contact. Does anyone know what the default datamappings should be between a lead and a contact. I am wondering if that is the problem. The error is Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: An unexpected error occurred. Error Details: Object Type was not provided on attribute 'ownerid' Error Number: 0x80040216 Source File: D:\crm\Build\3297 \src\platform\include\OMCommon\CrmPropertyBagUtil.inl Line Number: 457 Date: 07-29-2004 Time: 9:32:16 AM Type: Platform Error (2) Server: amisql Query String: /SFA/le...

Links don't work when converted to PDF...
I am doing a Newsletter for a friends business that will be emailed to her customers. For the articles that are too long for the space on the first page, I put a "more details" link to another page within the same document that contains the entire article. I was able to get this to work in Publisher. However, when I try to convert it to a PDF the links in the PDF don't work. I need this to work as I have to send the file as a PDF to the person who does her website so it can be added there each month. I have checked the "add bookmarks and links" button in ado...

Convert .pub to .doc file?
Is there a version of Publisher that will convert a single page document (text and graphics) into a Microsoft Word .doc file? If not, is there a utility program that will do this? Thanks. jd wrote: > Is there a version of Publisher that will convert a single page document > (text and graphics) into a Microsoft Word .doc file? > > If not, is there a utility program that will do this? No and no. At least not very satisfactorily. Why do you want to do this? Perhaps we can find an alternative solution. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org No and no. --...

Office XML Converters for Mac now available
All: There is a beta of the new Office XML format converters available on Mactopia: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/download/Office2004/ConverterBeta.xml For those of you unfamiliar with beta testing, the rest of this post explains some of the ground-rules :-) Note that I am intentionally exaggerating the risks here, and being unnecessarily blunt, in order to try to overcome the "assumption" that if it's on the Microsoft website it must be in some way guaranteed. I really am trying to warn people who have no experience of soft...

Convert Column to row with variable data
Hi I'm using Excel 2k and I have a spreadsheet that looks like this Name Address Fred 21 Blah St London Sue Tower 50 London EC2 and need it to look like this Name Address 1 Address2 Address3 Fred 21 Blah St London Sue Tower 50 London EC2 I have a macro that can convert from column to row but only for a set number of columns. Is there any way to account for the variable amount of data for each address ? Any help much appreciated Thanks David David: I suggest the following formulae - copied down as necessary: C2: =IF(...

Convert To Word
Hi, just wondering, is it possible to convert a report to Microsoft word from Access in the 07 version. there used to be a button that did it in the 03 versoon but i can seem to find it...??? -- Lois Don't know if this is the one you are looking for but in the ribbon - tab "External Data" - Group "Export" you'll find the word button which can export to Word. It's rtf format though. hth -- Maurice Ausum "Lois" wrote: > Hi, > just wondering, is it possible to convert a report to Microsoft word from > Access in the...

Converting a HEX string
Hello All I'm using "modCOMM - Written by: David M. Hitchner" to send data out of the serial port. I need to send HEX strings (eg 0E0E00000505000C20450164A5A5 ) to external devices. Each part of the string is 2 HEX characters. If I send a HEX string directly to it, I get incorrect data at the other end. By using 2 HEX programs and a null cable, I can pass the strings correctly to the equipment, and also monitor what Excel is sending out of the serial port. If I send this -> I get this on the HEX comms program 0E0E00000505000C20450164A5A5 -> 3045304...

Converting a contact Database into mailing labels
Does anyone know how to convert and existing .xls database file into mailing labels without re-keying the information? Maybe this will help Jerard http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318117 HOW TO: Use Addresses from an Excel 2002 Worksheet to Create Labels in Word 2002 Also see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Jerard" <Jerardo3@optonline.net> wrote in message news:01f501c35144$46306ab0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to convert and existing .x...

VAT
I have forgotten what formula to insert in a cell for the calculation of VAT on the total of three previous columns any help please would be appreciated. Assuming that the 3 columns each represent the net amount, and each amount is subject to the standard rate of VAT in the UK =ROUNDDOWN(SUM($A1:$C1)*0.175,2) If however the facts are as above but the amounts in the column are VAT inclusive, then the VAT would be =ROUNDDOWN(SUM($A1:$C1)*(7/47),2) If there are zero-rated, reduced rate, exempt or outside-the-scope supplies, or if the supplies are subject to a rate of VAT applicable in ano...

Money 2004 & VAT
Does Money 2004 Standard automatically calculates VAT or sales Tax? Is mny. file size related to Money version (standard, premium, small business?) Best Regards John I think you'd need to enable VAT tracking (at least that is what I did in M2000 standard) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b51801c45012$0b13b1d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does Money 2004 Standard automatically calculates VAT or > sales Tax? > Is mny. file size related to Money version (standard, > premium, small business?) > > Best Regards > John If the standard versi...

Converting Spreadsheet to Table in Access?
Hello - I am performing an exercise in futility (I think). I have been able to migrate data from an old MS Works file to a new MS Access 2000 table, and now I'd like to do the same with data I have in a spreadsheet. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? Thanks! Hi this is more a MS Access question but you can either linka spreadsheet as table or use 'File - Import' in MS Access and choose your Excel table as data so�rce -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:...

Quicken file conversion #3
I am getting the following error when I try to convert my Quicken 2004 file to Money 2005 Premium. It is not that big of a file (about 6 MB) and I got plenty of disk space and memory... Anyone know what is going on? ------------------------------------------------------------ Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again --------------------------------------------...

convert pptx to docx
How to convert PowerPoint to Word document? - Click the Office Button - Publish - Create Handouts in Microsoft Office Word -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "PowerPoint to Word" <PowerPoint to Word@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7288185-5BF8-4418-AEF3-D9D832AB5F0D@microsoft.com... > How to convert PowerPoint to Word document? ...

Converting a Number
Does anyone know of a rotuine to convert a number into its equivalent in English, e.g. 400,000 = Four Hundred Thousand. Thanks. -- Anthony Anthony, Have a look at... http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Anthony Ching" <AnthonyChing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7C96913-A24B-4179-8333-9833FBBAFEA6@microsoft.com... Does anyone know of a r...

Convert currency to $X.XMM
Is it possible to convert $5,682,000.00 to $5.6MM in Excel? I think the $5.6MM abreviation is pretty widely used, but I'm not sure how to customize to that. Hmm, usually $5,682,000.00 would convert to $5.7MM. If that's acceptable, then a custom format will work for you Format>Cells>Number. Choose Custom in the right hand panel & then, under Type use something along the lines of $#,###.0,,"MM"_);($#,###.0,,"MM") That will leave the underlying value alone, but will present it as described. Be aware that anything less than 50,000 will be shown as...

Convert Publisher 2003 files
How can I convert Publisher 2003 files to be compatible with Publisher 2000. I get an error message that reads Publisher cannot open files from a different version. Save As, Select file type version 2000. Save. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Leo Riley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3626916B-CA0B-4084-B72F-9ADEB41AA077@microsoft.com... > How can I convert Publisher 2003 files to be compatible with Publisher 2000. I get an error message that rea...

VAT
Where do you fill in VAT in Microsoft CRM? Hi Martin, There is no automatic VAT calculation in CRM. You can either do a calculation using Javascript on the quote/order/invoice form or do a line item calculation on quote/order/invoice which will feed into the total tax line on the relevant entity. Hope this helps. -- Peter Clements Certified Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional Capgemini UK "Martin" wrote: > Where do you fill in VAT in Microsoft CRM? I'm struggling with this currently. I've got as far as a VAT picklist field and hope to have an onchange event on ...

Mixed VAT inclusive and VAT exclusive with one HQ?
Hi... We have a rollout with about 30 shops and 2 warehouses... (in the UK) The shops are retail and therefore we want to set Store Ops to be VAT inclusive. The Warehouses operate wholesale and therefore we want to set the those stores to be VAT exclusive. Is anyone doing this already? Are there any issues? We are having a VERY tough time getting a straight yes/no answer or examples from both Microsoft and some long time RMS partners. Does anyone know if it's possible with one HQ to run mixed inc/exc VAT without issue? Many thanks. Mark. ...

Convert User to Contact
I have a AD user with a mailbox who has left the company to be a contract employee. Is there a way to convert the USER to a CONTACT? I want him in the GAL, but I do not want him to have an Exchange mailbox. In news:C6F8686A-3530-446E-94A7-1550F3EA7312@microsoft.com, DB <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have a AD user with a mailbox who has left the company to be a > contract employee. Is there a way to convert the USER to a CONTACT? I > want him in the GAL, but I do not want him to have an Exchange > mailbox. Mailbox-disable him, and then mail-enable him and ass...

convert to csv using macro gives wrong seperator
Hi, We used to store excel data to a CSV file on our server to be pickup by another program. This is always done with a macro which simply executes a save-to-csv. Since installing Office2007, this macro writes this CSV file with a wrong delimeter. The file is generated with a ',' in stead of a ';' (which is defined). When we save the document as CSV without the macro (manual process) the file is correctly written... any suggestions? Try using the "Local" parameter in your macro (I assume you're using the SaveAs method): ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filena...