using my Money 2005 file on two different computers

I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data.  My Money file lives on my
computer.  I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file.  I want to
be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is networked to
my computer.
We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with no
sucess.  We can see the file but the password does not work.
We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the file from
her computer we can get the password to work.  The same thing that happens
when we try to restore a backup on her computer.
We tried using the MSN Internet access to the file but that didn't seem like
a good solution for our purposes.
It should be easy to open the file from her computer over the network.
What do we need to do to open a Money 2005 file from another computer over a
local network?
Thank you,
John
0
John1063 (943)
7/18/2006 10:09:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6AAA0.1C1DC480

Are both computers running the same version of Money 2005?
Sounds as if the second computer needs an online update.
  "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data.  My Money file =
lives on my=20
  computer.  I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file.  I =
want to=20
  be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is =
networked to=20
  my computer.
  We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with =
no=20
  sucess.  We can see the file but the password does not work.
  We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the =
file from=20
  her computer we can get the password to work.  The same thing that =
happens=20
  when we try to restore a backup on her computer.
  We tried using the MSN Internet access to the file but that didn't =
seem like=20
  a good solution for our purposes.
  It should be easy to open the file from her computer over the network.
  What do we need to do to open a Money 2005 file from another computer =
over a=20
  local network?
  Thank you,
  John
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6AAA0.1C1DC480

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Are both computers running the same version of Money 2005?</DIV>
<DIV>Sounds as if the second computer needs an online update.</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"John" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:John@discussions.microsoft.com">John@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:2B6559DA-D7FB-4539-A844-ABDA843C9832@microsoft.com">news:2B6=
559DA-D7FB-4539-A844-ABDA843C9832@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data.&nbsp; My Money file =
lives on=20
  my <BR>computer.&nbsp; I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into =
this=20
  file.&nbsp; I want to <BR>be able to have her work on the data from =
her=20
  computer which is networked to <BR>my computer.<BR>We have tried =
opening the=20
  file from her computer over the network with no <BR>sucess.&nbsp; We =
can see=20
  the file but the password does not work.<BR>We have tried burning the =
file to=20
  a CD but when we try to open the file from <BR>her computer we can get =
the=20
  password to work.&nbsp; The same thing that happens <BR>when we try to =
restore=20
  a backup on her computer.<BR>We tried using the MSN Internet access to =
the=20
  file but that didn't seem like <BR>a good solution for our =
purposes.<BR>It=20
  should be easy to open the file from her computer over the =
network.<BR>What do=20
  we need to do to open a Money 2005 file from another computer over a =
<BR>local=20
  network?<BR>Thank you,<BR>John</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6AAA0.1C1DC480--

I was able to open a money file used on my desktop with my notebook which is
networked.

As far as using the file from the CD, you would first have to take the file
off the CD since it is write protected on the CD.  Can you open a file (such
as an excel file) from one machine if the file resides on the other machine,
how about if the Excel file is password protected?  It is possible that it
is a permission issue.

--

Neil

"Tagman" <Tagman_2000@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
[...]

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

Is there a way to export and save file properties for an Excel do.
Can this be done either in text or XML? ...

XmlTextReader and 2GB file limit
Are there any work arounds to get XmlTextReader to work with files bigger than 2GB? I tried to get the source of XmlTextReader and create a version with long (instead of int) offsets but I can't compile it due to package restrictions. Best wishes, Hugh McFadden hugh.mcfadden@visiongain.com Hugh McFadden wrote: > Are there any work arounds to get XmlTextReader to work with files bigger > than 2GB? I tried to get the source of XmlTextReader and create a version > with long (instead of int) offsets but I can't compile it due to package > restrictions. Sorry for lame qu...

using forms

Excel Display Errors in file
I have several excell 2000 documents that when opened, the first sheet in the workbook will display most of the data at around a size 72 font that will not show in the cell. All the other sheets in this workbook are fine. This also effects the column and row headings (A B C, 1 2 3). If I go to View > Zoom and zoom from the default of 75% to anything else, it fixes the problem. I can then zoom back to 75% and everything still looks fine. (Including row and column headings) The next time I open the file, the first sheet is still messed up. I have tried saving to web page and...

Using Spanish on Publisher

System Files
Hello, I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I am trying to create a bootable cd. Please advise. -- Mike Jessica@aol.com wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I > am trying to create a bootable cd. > > Please advise. First of all, I'll have to admit, I've never made a bootable CD from scratch myself. These are just a few bits and pieces I've noticed along the way. It is not simply a matter of "throwing" some files onto a CD. http...

Why can't I re-import a registry file created by RegSaveKey(...) under Win 9x?
Hello: I was trying to save a registry key to a file say, "mykey" with help of RegSaveKey(...) [not RegSaveKeyEx(...)]. The file can be re-imported with "Regedit" under WinXP if it is produced under Win XP. But for the same program running under Win 98/95, the files created under these OSs cannot be re-imported. These files cannot be re-imported under WinXP. Can anyone tell me why? The exerpted code is listed below: .... char szSubKey[_MAX_FNAME]; char FileName[_MAX_FNAME]; long rc = 0; HKEY hKey; sprintf(szSubKey, "Software\Mykey"); sprintf(FileName,...

microsoft money/msn money
whats is the differances between microsoft money and msn money Where your data is stored and where the application really runs are the first two that come to mind. With Money, you don't **need** the Internet to do anything. It's an application installed on your computer that uses data files stored on your computer, just like Excel, Word or WordPad. With MSN, it's all about the Internet--that's where your data is stored. The "application" is all driven by their web site. "alphonso" <alphonso50removethis@msn.com> wrote in message news:0903D6EB-7F9C-45A...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Upgrading Money for W95 to later or latest version?
I have been using Money for W95 since I bought my first computer over 10 years ago and for whatever reason have never got round to upgrading it. My question is whether it is possible to uprade this version of Money to a later version or the latest version (which I understand is 2005 in the UK)? Are there compatability issues? I have data going back 10 years or more which I would rather not lose and really want to get myself out of the ark and into the brave new world! I've done a search on the 'net and - perhaps unsurprisingly - have not found much to read on Money for W95. So any tip...

Snapshot Viewer will not open .snp file
We have a client that sends us .snp files as email attachments. We have Office 2007 installed on new Windows XP PCs. We have the Snapshot Viewer installed. When we attempt to open an .snp file, either from email or after saving attachment to the desktop, all we get is a blank Snapshot Viewer window. If we re-install the Shapshot Viewer we can then open one .snp file and then it reverts back to opening with a blank viewer window for subsequent ..snp files that are opened. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Susie Install a different Printer Driver for the workstations exhibiting ...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...

Using secured OMA

NOT Impressed with Money 2005
Just updated from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business to Money 2005 Small Business. Can't find any improvements worth having (for my operation), but lots of backward steps. The interface is glitchy ... sometimes it works, sometimes I get odd errors that look almost like an internet failure. Sometimes even the help menu won't start. Features I've hoped to see over the years still aren't there. It seemed to convert my old money file with no problems, but I've had to abandon online updates. I have multiple money files (personal, business 1, business 2,etc) and at ...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?