Using Money Plus 2008 Home and Business in the UK

I have been having ongoing problems with my current version of Money (2005)
which is the latest release in the UK and now out of support!
Does anyone in this forum use the US version of Money Plus 2008 or Plus Home
and Business on a regular basis in the UK? If so are there any problems
associated with using the US version?
My Bank does not provide facilities for background banking and I currently
just download and iport OFX V2 file for all my accounts so thats not an
issue. I have downladed the trial version and I am able via a QIF file to
import my accounts but have not tried entering business details as yet. . I
am aware that it may be difficult to download and pay for the US version if I
dont have a US address but I have a relation in the US who could purchase for
me.
Any tips or advice would be appreciated
--
Regards

John Felstead
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/535.aspx

Bob Peel, MVP

"John Felstead" <John.felstead@hertscc.gov.uk> wrote in message
> I have been having ongoing problems with my current version of Money
> (2005)
> which is the latest release in the UK and now out of support!
> Does anyone in this forum use the US version of Money Plus 2008 or Plus
> and Business on a regular basis in the UK? If so are there any problems
> associated with using the US version?
> My Bank does not provide facilities for background banking and I currently
> just download and iport OFX V2 file for all my accounts so thats not an
> issue. I have downladed the trial version and I am able via a QIF file to
> import my accounts but have not tried entering business details as yet. .
> am aware that it may be difficult to download and pay for the US version
> if I
> dont have a US address but I have a relation in the US who could purchase
> for
> me.
> Any tips or advice would be appreciated
> --
> Regards
>
> John Felstead

0
Bob_Peel (292)
2/2/2009 9:58:48 AM
Thanks for that Bob, but I have already read this page and the majority of
your very helpful website. Unfortunately it does not really answer my
question.

I am aware that you are currently using a copy of the 2008 software so that
you can test and respond to this forum and wondered how you are getting on
with a US based version in the UK. For example is a checking account the US
the same as a UK current account, or should I just use a Bank Account for
setting up with Barclays?

 I have a Barclays Open Plan account which includes numerous Pots which each
have their own account number and name. When I download an OFX file from
Barclays it contains more than one account and the software needs to know
which account to import each section of the file. I was hoping that 2008 was
more robust than 2005.
I have had major problems with Money 2005 when trying to download an OFX
file from a credit card company site. It kept importing into the current
account. In the end I had to uninstall and clean the PC of all traces of
money and then re-install!!!!
I noticed tonight that Money Plus 2008 does not like OFX v2 files and
complains they are corrupt. It will happily import OFXv1 files though.
Any other foibles of the US version you can share?
--
Regards

John Felstead

In microsoft.public.money, John Felstead wrote:

> I have a Barclays Open Plan account which includes numerous Pots which each
>have their own account number and name. When I download an OFX file from
>Barclays it contains more than one account and the software needs to know
>which account to import each section of the file. I was hoping that 2008 was
>more robust than 2005.
>I have had major problems with Money 2005 when trying to download an OFX
>file from a credit card company site. It kept importing into the current
>account. In the end I had to uninstall and clean the PC of all traces of
>money and then re-install!!!!

If OFX Web statements are placed in the wrong account, blank the
Financial Institution (FI) for the *wrong* account in account
settings.  Do that in the Account Settings/Details, which you can
reach by right-clicking the account name on the Account List.  Don't
just change the FI.  Blank it.

On the Account List, if there are transactions to read for the
wrong account, right-click TransactionsToRead, and then click
Delete Statement.

Import the OFX file.  Money should ask which account to use.  Tell
Money the statement should go onto the right account.

Put the FI for the *wrong* account back.

If that does not fix it, see method 2 of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910214 where you temporarily
change the currency of the wrong account.

>I noticed tonight that Money Plus 2008 does not like OFX v2 files and
>complains they are corrupt. It will happily import OFXv1 files though.

I suspect your OFX v2 file may be deficient. OFXAnalyzer from
http://www.microsoft.com/money/fi/tools.mspx might give you
information.

>Any other foibles of the US version you can share?
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
2/2/2009 9:41:13 PM
Hi Cal,
Thanks for the info but I have already tried all these suggestions which you
provided in a previous post to me but without any sucess. Blanking the
financial instituition resulted in an error message that "there was a
communication issue please contact your financial institution". I tried
changing the currency but it would not save and kept reverting back to UK£.
Finally in desperation I uninstalled Money completely and followed the MS KB
about cleaning the PC of all traces of money. A clean install of money
allowed me to choose the correct account when I first downloaded and ofx file
from my bank. I have posted an update in the previous thread explaining what
I finally did and thanking you for your help.
What I was really after was a response from Bob as he is using the US
version in the UK and wanted some practical advice on the differences and if
it was useable in the UK.
I will try the OFX analyser but the same file imports fine into Money 2005
but not the trial of Money 2008 hence my questions to Bob to see if he had
experienced similar issues.
--
Regards

John Felstead

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, John Felstead wrote:
>

> > I have a Barclays Open Plan account which includes numerous Pots which each
> >have their own account number and name. When I download an OFX file from
> >Barclays it contains more than one account and the software needs to know
> >which account to import each section of the file. I was hoping that 2008 was
> >more robust than 2005.
> >I have had major problems with Money 2005 when trying to download an OFX
> >file from a credit card company site. It kept importing into the current
> >account. In the end I had to uninstall and clean the PC of all traces of
> >money and then re-install!!!!
>
> If OFX Web statements are placed in the wrong account, blank the
> Financial Institution (FI) for the *wrong* account in account
> settings.  Do that in the Account Settings/Details, which you can
> reach by right-clicking the account name on the Account List.  Don't
> just change the FI.  Blank it.
>
> On the Account List, if there are transactions to read for the
> wrong account, right-click TransactionsToRead, and then click
> Delete Statement.
>
> Import the OFX file.  Money should ask which account to use.  Tell
> Money the statement should go onto the right account.
>
> Put the FI for the *wrong* account back.
>

> If that does not fix it, see method 2 of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910214 where you temporarily
> change the currency of the wrong account.
>
> >I noticed tonight that Money Plus 2008 does not like OFX v2 files and
> >complains they are corrupt. It will happily import OFXv1 files though.
>
> I suspect your OFX v2 file may be deficient. OFXAnalyzer from
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/fi/tools.mspx might give you
> information.
>

> >Any other foibles of the US version you can share?

Need advice on NT4 -> Server 2008 R2 upgrade
We currently have an NT4 domain but are looking at making the jump to Server 2008 R2, A/D, etc. but we have some limitations on what can be upgraded so I need some advice. Here is our current configuration: * NT4 PDC and BDC * All user workstations are Win XP SP3 * All file servers except for the PDC and BDC are Server 2003 Std * There are about 10 process control workstations running Windows 2000. These can _NEVER_ change. * There are a hundred or so NT4 workstations. These can _NEVER_ change. * A few Linux systems that are running SAMBA and use the NT4 domain for authentication....

Spending by Category Report on Home Page
I have Customized my Spending by Category Report to not include Taxes and some other stuff (under the Reports tab). However, I also have the Spending by Category report show up on my Home Page. This report does not include the customizations I made under Reports, so it shows ALL categories. Anyone know how to make the Home Page report be the same as the other one? Thanks! Hi, The report on the home page is not customizeable. I believe this is rather meant to give you a general overview of your spending. Infact if you watch closely at regular intervals the all the homepage charts ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Mac Word 2008
I've used Word since version one for DOS and was an alpha tester for the first Word for Windows, so I'm not a total dunce. But for the life of me, I cannot figure how to place in the footer "Page X of Y (total pages)". For at least the last 10 years, plus in Mac Word 2004, I could open the footer and insert this feature easily. I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this in Mac Word 2008 to no blessed avail!! Why trying to do something that was so easy in previous versions of Word can possibly be viewed as an "enhancement&...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

microsoft money/msn money
whats is the differances between microsoft money and msn money Where your data is stored and where the application really runs are the first two that come to mind. With Money, you don't **need** the Internet to do anything. It's an application installed on your computer that uses data files stored on your computer, just like Excel, Word or WordPad. With MSN, it's all about the Internet--that's where your data is stored. The "application" is all driven by their web site. "alphonso" <alphonso50removethis@msn.com> wrote in message news:0903D6EB-7F9C-45A...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Upgrading Money for W95 to later or latest version?
I have been using Money for W95 since I bought my first computer over 10 years ago and for whatever reason have never got round to upgrading it. My question is whether it is possible to uprade this version of Money to a later version or the latest version (which I understand is 2005 in the UK)? Are there compatability issues? I have data going back 10 years or more which I would rather not lose and really want to get myself out of the ark and into the brave new world! I've done a search on the 'net and - perhaps unsurprisingly - have not found much to read on Money for W95. So any tip...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...

Using secured OMA

NOT Impressed with Money 2005
Just updated from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business to Money 2005 Small Business. Can't find any improvements worth having (for my operation), but lots of backward steps. The interface is glitchy ... sometimes it works, sometimes I get odd errors that look almost like an internet failure. Sometimes even the help menu won't start. Features I've hoped to see over the years still aren't there. It seemed to convert my old money file with no problems, but I've had to abandon online updates. I have multiple money files (personal, business 1, business 2,etc) and at ...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Error message on Money 2005
Keep getting error message: Money is not able to load some or all of your financial Planner data. Please note the error number of the message, and then contact Microsfot Technical Support for mor information. HRESULT=0x80046213 I am using an XP machine, I have also imported a Quicken file! In microsoft.public.money, Shane Nation wrote: >Keep getting error message: >Money is not able to load some or all of your financial Planner data. Really? > Please >note the error number of the message, and then contact Microsfot Technical >Support for mor information. >HRESULT...

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

Money 2005 UK to Money 2005 Financial Suite UK
Hi, I've been running the standard UK version of Money 2005 on 64-bit Vista Business with no problems. I've just got a copy of the UK version of Money 2005 Financial Suite, and have installed it - as far as I can tell, the installation proceeded normally. However, now I can't open any of my Money files. When I try, it tells me it needs to convert them, then says that it can't find the file it's trying to convert or that it may be read-only or I may not have permissions to access it. I'm running Money as administrator. Should I have completely uninstalled the ...