Using Money 2007 in my Doesktop and Laptop when not at home

Good Day all,

What method do I use to take my current MSM2007 data/file on my home desktop
CPU and transfer it to my laptop when I'm travelling? I will frequently do
this, therefore how can may I do this periodically and keep my laptop MSM2007
current as well?

Thank you,

David
0
David4882 (672)
3/10/2008 1:26:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, David wrote:

>What method do I use to take my current MSM2007 data/file on my home desktop
>CPU and transfer it to my laptop when I'm travelling? I will frequently do
>this, therefore how can may I do this periodically and keep my laptop MSM2007
>current as well?

I would copy your latest *.mny file from one to the other via USB
flash drive or networking. Keep backups on each machine.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/10/2008 1:29:26 AM
Carl,
Thanks for your response.
I have a question, I'm using Vista business and looking in my MSM2007
folder, just where is the *mny file you reference? I do not see in the
program file, is it hidden?
However, when I do back-up my file to an external drive, I see a file named
"My Money Backup_2008-03-10-092900" actually I see various such files over
time.
David....

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, David wrote:
>

> >What method do I use to take my current MSM2007 data/file on my home desktop
> >CPU and transfer it to my laptop when I'm travelling? I will frequently do
> >this, therefore how can may I do this periodically and keep my laptop MSM2007
> >current as well?
>
> I would copy your latest *.mny file from one to the other via USB
> flash drive or networking. Keep backups on each machine.

0
David4882 (672)
3/10/2008 5:25:04 PM
In microsoft.public.money, David wrote:

>I have a question, I'm using Vista business and looking in my MSM2007
>folder, just where is the *mny file you reference? I do not see in the
>program file, is it hidden?
>However, when I do back-up my file to an external drive, I see a file named
>"My Money Backup_2008-03-10-092900" actually I see various such files over
>time.

If you would like Windows Explorer to show file extensions, click
Start->ControlPanel->View and un-tick
HideFileExtensionsForKnownFileTypes

Depending on which appearance theme you have selected, the Start
button may not say Start.  In any case, it is the left-hand button
in your task bar, if you have a horizontal task bar (typically at
the bottom).

In order to find out where your *.mny files are, do Start->Search
and search for "*.mny" without the quotes. You can also enter
"*.mny" without the quotes in the box that you see when you click
the Start button. Right-click and choose Properties to see where the
file is located.

Similarly, you can look for *.mbf files, which are Money Backup
Files.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Simple Context Menu using CMenu (in a RichEditCtrl)
This is the context of editing in a RichEditCtrl. All I want to do is create a simple context menu that pops up on right click. Let me mention that I already have implemented a context menu that I use in conjunction with TrackPopupMenu(). However, I want to implement a second context menu with significantly different behavior. The TrackPopupMenu() implementation performs a command (puts a command ID into a message queue) when a menu item is selected, which is the desired behavior. And the menu entries are known at compile time. For the context menu that I wish to implement: 1) The en...

Print on outlook 2007
Dear all, I am use Microsoft outlook 2007 for receive e-mals, when a mail more then one pages, how can i use print slection/some numbers of pages in a mail? thanks. "Muhammad Younas" <Muhammad Younas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F323AC5E-975B-450D-ADFB-4D26C44992F9@microsoft.com... > Dear all, > I am use Microsoft outlook 2007 for receive e-mals, when a mail more then > one pages, how can i use print slection/some numbers of pages in a mail? > > thanks. Open the email and do Other Actions (in the Actions section) and click on View in B...

Automatically naming a file using cell contents
How do I use the contents of a cell to automatically name a file using a macro to populate Save As? Include this in your macro: Activeworkbook.SaveAs Filenmae:=Range("A1").Value & ".xls" tj "Rob" wrote: > How do I use the contents of a cell to automatically name a file using a > macro to populate Save As? ...

How can I print text in a circle using Word or Publisher?
The closest you're going to get is to use Wordart. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ca_scrapper" <ca_scrapper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97D46E80-A813-4CCC-B4A3-1029B1AE2446@microsoft.com... > Create the text, then create a circle round it. Presto, text within a circle. Or do you want the text to take the shape of a circle? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher text in the shape of a circle, thanks for taking time to help. "Ed Bennett" wrote: > Create the text, then create a circle round it. Presto, ...

Specify data for use in FRx pivot tables
How do I specify what data fields appear in an Excel pivot table (or ..cub file) from FRx? I want to export the natural account number into the pivot table to sort on. TIA ...

Outlook 2007 error message #3
Does Outlook 2007 have an error log? My I-net mail server is having a problem. Outlook attempts to send message but after a minute or so pops up a little messsage on lower right screen saying "Error-click here to read" , or something similar but disappears before I can click on it. Is that message logges somewhere? TIA, John John Smith <oldibm66@cableone.net> wrote: > Does Outlook 2007 have an error log? If you enable, them, logs exist, but not otherwise. See this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300479 -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Exchange 2007 and 64 Bit Harware...
Hey.... Do all components in Exchange 2007 require a 64 bit platform...Frontend/Backend..? We have roughly 6 servers in our Exchange environment......I am assuming a migration to Exchange 2007 will require (6) 64 bit servers... Thanks Yes, if they're in production. In fact, you might not need so many servers in E2k7. From my experience, they're really effecitive. -- Ray MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MCP "jeff" <jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49EE49BB-6D46-43EA-A64F-651FC831F253@microsoft.com... > Hey.... > > Do all components in Excha...

are you using Banner Ads?
LINK: http://keyring.onodot.com If you aren't... You Should Be. If you are...... You Need Banner Keyring Everyone knows that banner ads are an essential part of marketing online. Banner ads are crucial for attracting attention and building a recognizable brand. But most marketers and small businesses don't use banners as much as they should. Why? Because managing them is a pain. You need to purchase clicks or impressions at dozens of websites, and then visit each of them constantly to measure the results and change your URLs each time you start using a new ba...

Email Host Providers Using Exch03 & OWA
Please direct me to a more appropriate list or website or looking for feedback. I am looking for a person email provider to host my domain on a Exchange 2003 platform that provides OWA and Client Outlook 03 access w/ - 2 GB or more which can be segrated in any manner across mailboxes - ability to create up to 4 or more mailboxes on domain - full use of contacts, calendar, journal, task on the Server end - Access to newsfeeds from the same gui - 20 mb or more attachment sizes can be sent - host my personal domain (already own) - ball park of $12/month - NO team folders, public folders, share...

use copy paste function in the find & replace box
In my language I need to use a special character which is very important. Because it is used very often, I intend to use the find and replace box, but I can't apply copy paste in the box and the character code doesn't work as well. I noticed that with Excel 2007 it is possible, but with Excel 2003 I can not do it, and my computer is a little old, so I can't install Office 2007 Can anyone help me solve the problem? Thank you, Shkendi Try to produce this special character within "Word" and then copy/paste it into "Excels" Find&Replac...

using same precompiled header file for all projects in a workspace?
I have a workspace that contains many projects, each of which uses precompiled headers. Th pch is the same for all of the projects, but VS seems to want a separate precompiled header file for each project. Is there a way to tell a project to use a precompiled header from another project? In the project settings, you can specify the complete path and name of the resulting PCH file. If all projects use the same path and name, I'm pretty sure that will give you the desired results. "Brian Westcott" <bwestcott@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:OKvaAqFlFHA.2860@TK2MSFTNGP...

How can I get my ABC spellchecker to use UK English
I am preparing a large commercial brochure in the UK and the spellchecker refuses to change from English US, which as we know is totally different to English UK.. any ideas please. I have tried resetting it but I still get told to change my 's' to 'z'!! Thanks This based on the Help from Publisher 2000. In the Help Answer Wizard look for "spell checker". The "Tip" section of the answer is, The English (U.S.) version of Microsoft Publisher 2000 comes with proofing tools for English. To check spelling in other languages, use the Microsoft Office 2000...

FWD: Use the security pack
--qrefvnmrennzsepb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tjrsijwrcfo"; type="multipart/alternative" --tjrsijwrcfo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ivmdjdfecikn" --ivmdjdfecikn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

Access 2007 Combo Box Search
I have two combo boxes on a form. I want to be able to select Status such as OPEN from one box and a year from the next combo box. Then click on Search and pull up all records based on one or both selections. The results would display in the detail section of the form. I can do this with the DoCmd.ApplyFilter method in VBA for one box. However, how do I get it to search by both criteria? Example: This works BTW in a Private Sub event procedure... If Me.year = "2009" Then DoCmd.ApplyFilter , "[qryfrmViewAllRecords].[year]='2009'" I then want a secon...

Works version 7.0 to Office 2007
Hi, I'd like to upgrade my works (version 7) and would like Office 2007. Am I allowed and able to upgrade from my works to office 2007? Thanks "mikeymike" <mikeymike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:634B0E12-BD82-4743-A384-5C14E023F8AC@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'd like to upgrade my works (version 7) and would like Office 2007. > Am I > allowed and able to upgrade from my works to office 2007? > > Thanks Works 7 is a valid upgrade qualifying product. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/FX101754511033.aspx for ...

Exchange server using Office 2003 and Vista
I'm trying to connect to my corportate email through Outlook 2003 using exchange server. The instructions that were provided to me are for PCs running Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I can't complete the setup because I don't have some of the icons listed in the instructions. I think it is because of my OS. I am running: Windows Vista Home Premium (64 Bit) Office 2003 Professional Is there a way to setup up Office 2003 to connect using exchange server in the Vista Home Premium or is this ANOTHER feature not available? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Using dialog templates with modeless dialog launched in a DLL
I'm seeing some weird behavior and suspect that I'm going about this in a wrong way. I have an MFC EXE that calls into a Regular MFC DLL to open a modeless dialog. The dialog is designed using the resource editor in the DLL. Because I'm using the DLL's resources when opening the dialog, I'm using the AfxGetStaticModule() in the DLL's entrypoint. For the most part, this works. But I noticed the other day that some things like tab ordering the default buttons aren't honored on my dialog. Can anybody explain why this is happening? Is there a preferred way t...

Any way to use headset for telephone call to a Contact?
The way Outlook seems to handle telephone calls is, you choose your Contact, you select Communicate\Call, choose the phone number, and hit "Start Call." Then you pick up the handset of your telephone to do the talking. Is there any way to make this work with a headset (headphones/microphone) connected to the computer, instead of a separate telephone? -- -- Steven L. sdlitvin@earthlinkNOSPAM.net Remove the "NOSPAM" before sending to this email address. Outlook has no role in this at all. It uses the Windows dialer to dial numbers. As far as I ...

Find the cell ID of last row in the column and use it in SUMIF for
Hi, I have this formula to find the cell ID of the last row in a column: =ADDRESS(MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,'IT hours'!A:A),1) eg.. if the result is $A$933 I want to use this Cell ID in a SUMIF formula. SUMIFS('IT Ratio'!$A$4:$A$933,'IT Ratio'!$A$4:$A$118,'For SLR'!E$17,.....) ie. to replace the $A$933 in the formula, so that the sumifs will work dynamically. May I know what should be the syntax for this? Appreciate any help. Thanks, YY. I am not sure how this is going to help; but to use that reference in your formula use INDIRECT() ...

Project Server 2007 and WSS 3.0 license
Can someone tell me how the licensing works with MS Proj Server 2007 and WSS.3.0? We have 50+ Project Server 2007 license already. Do we need to purchase WSS 3.0 licenses also? Or, do they come with the server purchase? Windows SharePoint Services is included with Windows Server. No additional licenses required. -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "nkbrgs" <nkbrgs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0412E2D8-F034-4B4C-95B8...

problem with fonts using Word as editor
All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check mark and go into default, but mew msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What is one to do? Leo ...

Problem using XPathDocument
Hi, I am getting XmlException while running the following code: string sConfigXPath = Constants.CONST_CONFIG_XPATH + "[@"+Constants.CONST_CONFIG_TYPE_ID + "="+this.iType + "]"; string sConfigFile = Constants.CONST_CONFIG_FILE_LOCATION; //Returns me the physical path @"C:\Temp\MyXml.xml" XPathDocument xpdConfig = new XPathDocument(sConfigFile,XmlSpace.Default); //XmlException raised here. XPathNavigator xpnConfig = ((IXPathNavigable)xpdConfig).CreateNavigator(); XPathNodeIterator iter = xpnConfig.Select(sConfigXPath); while(iter.MoveNext(...

Last used row
Dear sir,with best regards,i have in my worksheet more than (10000) used rows,how can i reach the last row which is full of data directly ( by a code ) Many thanks in advance. -- tofimoon4 Assuming Column A represents all rows.........go to bottom of sheet then come up to last filled cell. Sub select_last() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp) msgbox rng.Address End Sub Gord On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:43:05 +0000, tofimoon4 <tofimoon4.9bb6f48@excelbanter.com> wrote: > >Dear sir,with best regards,i have in my worksheet more than (10000) used >...

Using the "group and show detail" in a pivot table
I am in a pivot table and want to group my dates (i.e. 1/1/01, 3/4/01) by month (i.e. January, February). When I right click on the date column, then click "group and show detail" then "group" I get a message saying "cannot group that selection". I have used this feature in the past with success, but I am wondering if there is something in my source data preventing it from grouping. Can anyone help? -- Karen It means you have cells in that column that aren't dates. Maybe there's blanks, or text. Ensure all your cells are dates, then ...

my word 2007 is locked
My word 2007 is locked, I can't use the keys and I'm not sure what to do with it. I just got it within a month ago and I'm not sure what the product key is. When I tried to enter it the last time from a confirmation, there were too much numbers. Help. Have you activated the product? Is it a full version or a trial version? If it's a trial version, it may have expired, in which case you'll have to buy the full version. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "V" <V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADADAF2-1D5A-4A8E-8F...