Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium

Hi,

I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that
my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this
problem, and if yes what was the work around.

--
Cheers
Catherine

cfeld (2)
6/7/2004 10:27:24 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote:

>I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that
>my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this
>problem, and if yes what was the work around.

Money cannot open a version localized for another country.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;197668
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;178830
Get a later version for the original country, or consider QIF
export/import.

So, for example, a US Money version will not read a UK version, and
vice versa.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
6/8/2004 4:09:53 AM
thanks Carl I am sure this is the issue, had Australian version the 1st
time, now US.

When you saf QIF what do you mean, I worry as I no longer have the old
version on my machine.

--
Cheers
Catherine

> In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote:
>

> >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told
that
> >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had
this
> >problem, and if yes what was the work around.
>
> Money cannot open a version localized for another country.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;197668
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;178830
> Get a later version for the original country, or consider QIF
> export/import.
>
> So, for example, a US Money version will not read a UK version, and
> vice versa.

0
cfeld (2)
6/8/2004 8:58:02 PM
You are right to worry. QIF export is something that the application that
knows how to deal with the file (say your previous Australian version) has
to do.

"Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT]" <cfeld@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks Carl I am sure this is the issue, had Australian version the 1st
> time, now US.
>
> When you saf QIF what do you mean, I worry as I no longer have the old
> version on my machine.

In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote:

>thanks Carl I am sure this is the issue, had Australian version the 1st
>time, now US.
>
>When you saf QIF what do you mean, I worry as I no longer have the old
>version on my machine.

I would uninstall the current version, download the International
trial version at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1762739a-66f7-43f9-8a95-1ed4b9108d7b&DisplayLang=en
and install.

Convert your old Australian file. Export the QIF files.

Uninstall.

Install your new version. Do the QIF import of the files ALL AT ONCE
with Ctrl+<click>.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
6/9/2004 12:56:52 AM
qif is the file extension (aka filetype) eg filename.qif
It was 'invented' by Quicken as in Quicken Import File
It is now widely used eg by the bank that will download transactions
will probably use the .qif standard ( word used very loosely ).

Btw, do not use real email addresses in news groups unless you love to
receive lots of SPAM

arthur
----------
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:58:02 -0700, "Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT]"
wrote:

>When you saf QIF what do you mean, I worry as I no longer have the old
>version on my machine.

Password Problem
I have just installed Money 2004 over the top of my old Money 2003. At the sign-in page, Money has decided that my old passport password is not correct (I didn't change it) and will not let me in. I have followed several support tech suggestions such as change my password (didn't work) and set up a new .Net Passport (didn't work either). I am now at a loss on how to resolve this issue without completely uninstalling the program and risking loss of all my data. I still have my Money 2003 CD. Could I try to re-install this over 2004? I do have a hard disk back-up for ...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Money 3.0 XP and Networking Query
Hi, I have a client who is using money 3 for personal purposes for keeping track of shares and dividends and such. I realise Money 3 is very old (looks like it was for windows 3.1!) but he does not wish to upgrade to a newer version of money which is more complicated and has many features which he will never use. My questions are: 1] Will money 3 work reliably in XP? 2] Has anyone tried using money 3 over a network? i.e. sharing the file and using it on different computers (it would not have to be at the same time).? Otherwise, can you suggest a program that can deal with buying/se...

2002 MS Money restore
I've used MS Money 2002 for the past 6 years. I recently got a virus and had to have the computer re-set, I apparently lost the saved back-up files. I have the files on disc, but I have been unable to re-install them on Money 2002. I've tried "restore backup files", "import" and "open", with no good results. Any ideas? HELP What happens? What errors? etc etc What O/S? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for...

MS Money 2006 SMB
I've a small company that gives invoices in two currencies, USD and Mexican Pesos but it happens that sometimes my customers make payments of invoices made in a USD currency with Mexican Pesos, at some valid day exchange rate. When that transaction happens, we deposit in one of our accounts according to the payment, meaning that, if they pay in Pesos we deposit that payment in our Pesos account. But I´ve noticed that Money only uses one type of currency as a base, and I can not apply that payment to that invoice. Can anyone help? ...

Updating to Money 2007 from Money 2000 Canadian Version
After 7 years I want to update my Canadian version of Microsoft Money 2000 to the US Deluxe version of Money 2007. I live in Israel and we have accounts in Israel in Israeli Shekels, Canada in $ Canadian and the US in $US. Will Money 2007 be able to handle all these accounts in their respective currencies? I presently have a different file for each currency. Each file has a respective base currency. My Money 2000 Canadian Version handles these accounts and different currencies with no problem. My computer is configured as followes for dates: dd/mm/yyyy. In the US, the dates are usuall...

Money 2004 #4
I see that some are using this latest version. So where is the Microsoft info on this product? http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.asp only lists 2003 versions. http://shop.microsoft.com/ only shows 2003 versions http://shop.microsoft.com/special/itsnew/ only says "Coming Soon" Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between Quicken products and MS Money products? Thanks Brian W In microsoft.public.money, Brian W wrote: > >Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between >Quicken products and MS Money prod...

Upgrading the CPU?

money 2002 standard
cashflow review has stopped working - I click on the button or icon and nothing happens - it was fine yesterday The FAQ on this issue: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits is, for reasons unknown, causing this problem. The offending bill/deposit can be identified by trial and error as follows: 1) make a copy of your Money data file 2) open the copy 3) delete scheduled bills/deposits one-by-one until cash flow happiness returns; the last one deleted is your suspect, though there may be...

Quicken 2004 vs. Money 2004
Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... Thanks, Tom CNET.com ran an article comparing the two a couple of months ago. You might take a look over there. DAE >-----Original Message----- >Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm >running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left >figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... > >Than...

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Money 2004 Tax Reports
When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this problem? It seems fairly simple. In microsoft.public.money, Carlos wrote: >When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I >get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) >and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this >problem? It seems fairly simple. For Taxes->TaxReports->TaxSoftwareReport, probably you want to set the date range to l...

XP Upgrade

Resetting Money 2000
Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to let me start over without having to compete with all the info that's been put in before? We stopped using the program sometime last year and now I want to start using it again anew. Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer. Jake File|New is usually very effective. "Jake" <deos17@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:070801c362c8$c11313a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of > uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to le...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Can Quicken 2003 Deluxe file be converted into Money 2005 Trial fi
When I try to do conversion in from Quicken 2003 Deluxe QDF file into Money 2005 Deluxe Trial version file conversion always fails. Is this possible to do? Or do I need a full deluxe version first? Or does it work at all? In microsoft.public.money, Nihad wrote: >When I try to do conversion in from Quicken 2003 Deluxe QDF file into Money >2005 Deluxe Trial version file conversion always fails. Is this possible to >do? Or do I need a full deluxe version first? Or does it work at all? US versions? It should usually work, but it will not always work. First do Validate in Quick...

Not sure what this would fall under in Money 2004
I just upgraded from Money 2003 Deluxe to Money 2004 Deluxe. When I get everything reconciled in 2004, all my numbers come out just the way they are supposed to. When I exit Money and come back to it later on, I find that my balance on my checking account is off. I am the only one who uses this program. It's almost like there's something in Money that adds the starting balance in my checking account to what the balance is now and that's how much Money says that I have. It only does it on that one account in Money. Is there any way that I can get this corrected? Thank you in a...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

money essentials #14
I have money 2003 and it will not work on my new vista 64 bit machine as it updates it for usa and I am a canadian and has no cdn banks or currancy-have looked at money essentials,is this either us ar cdn and can I restore my money 2003 files In microsoft.public.money, kelsey3181 wrote: >I have money 2003 and it will not work on my new vista 64 bit machine as it >updates it for usa and I am a canadian and has no cdn banks or currancy I am not sure what you mean. Try launching Money by right-clicking its launch icon, and choosing RunAsAdministrator. If that works, there are steps ...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...