Upgrading Money for W95 to later or latest version?

I have been using Money for W95 since I bought my first computer over
10 years ago and for whatever reason have never got round to upgrading
it. My question is whether it is possible to uprade this version of
Money to a later version or the latest version (which I understand is
2005 in the UK)? Are there compatability issues? I have data going
back 10 years or more which I would rather not lose and really want to
get myself out of the ark and into the brave new world!

I've done a search on the 'net and - perhaps unsurprisingly - have not
found much to read on Money for W95. So any tips would be welcome.

Many thanks.

0
britbear (1)
3/20/2007 1:46:25 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Password Problem
I have just installed Money 2004 over the top of my old Money 2003. At the sign-in page, Money has decided that my old passport password is not correct (I didn't change it) and will not let me in. I have followed several support tech suggestions such as change my password (didn't work) and set up a new .Net Passport (didn't work either). I am now at a loss on how to resolve this issue without completely uninstalling the program and risking loss of all my data. I still have my Money 2003 CD. Could I try to re-install this over 2004? I do have a hard disk back-up for ...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

win CE 6.0 build error
Im running MIPSII CPU on Win CE 6.0 everything was well on building BSP until I updated R3 and several QFE for Win CE 6.0 from Jan --> Aug 2009. sysgen ERROR is the one I get - it fails within a minute of SYSGEN or clean SYSGEN the folliwing is what I get from build.log at \WINCE600\ -------------------- icrosoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.42 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. -nodefaultlib -include:DllMain -entry:_DllMainCRTStartup -pdb:C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\build_test\build_test\Wince600\simuMIPSII_MIPSII\cesysgen\oak\target\MIPSI...

Money 3.0 XP and Networking Query
Hi, I have a client who is using money 3 for personal purposes for keeping track of shares and dividends and such. I realise Money 3 is very old (looks like it was for windows 3.1!) but he does not wish to upgrade to a newer version of money which is more complicated and has many features which he will never use. My questions are: 1] Will money 3 work reliably in XP? 2] Has anyone tried using money 3 over a network? i.e. sharing the file and using it on different computers (it would not have to be at the same time).? Otherwise, can you suggest a program that can deal with buying/se...

2002 MS Money restore
I've used MS Money 2002 for the past 6 years. I recently got a virus and had to have the computer re-set, I apparently lost the saved back-up files. I have the files on disc, but I have been unable to re-install them on Money 2002. I've tried "restore backup files", "import" and "open", with no good results. Any ideas? HELP What happens? What errors? etc etc What O/S? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for...

MS Money 2006 SMB
I've a small company that gives invoices in two currencies, USD and Mexican Pesos but it happens that sometimes my customers make payments of invoices made in a USD currency with Mexican Pesos, at some valid day exchange rate. When that transaction happens, we deposit in one of our accounts according to the payment, meaning that, if they pay in Pesos we deposit that payment in our Pesos account. But I´ve noticed that Money only uses one type of currency as a base, and I can not apply that payment to that invoice. Can anyone help? ...

Updating to Money 2007 from Money 2000 Canadian Version
After 7 years I want to update my Canadian version of Microsoft Money 2000 to the US Deluxe version of Money 2007. I live in Israel and we have accounts in Israel in Israeli Shekels, Canada in $ Canadian and the US in $US. Will Money 2007 be able to handle all these accounts in their respective currencies? I presently have a different file for each currency. Each file has a respective base currency. My Money 2000 Canadian Version handles these accounts and different currencies with no problem. My computer is configured as followes for dates: dd/mm/yyyy. In the US, the dates are usuall...

Money 2004 #4
I see that some are using this latest version. So where is the Microsoft info on this product? http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.asp only lists 2003 versions. http://shop.microsoft.com/ only shows 2003 versions http://shop.microsoft.com/special/itsnew/ only says "Coming Soon" Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between Quicken products and MS Money products? Thanks Brian W In microsoft.public.money, Brian W wrote: > >Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between >Quicken products and MS Money prod...

Upgrading the CPU?

money 2002 standard
cashflow review has stopped working - I click on the button or icon and nothing happens - it was fine yesterday The FAQ on this issue: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits is, for reasons unknown, causing this problem. The offending bill/deposit can be identified by trial and error as follows: 1) make a copy of your Money data file 2) open the copy 3) delete scheduled bills/deposits one-by-one until cash flow happiness returns; the last one deleted is your suspect, though there may be...

ANN: nxslt (.NET XSLT Command Line Utility) version 1.4
Hello! I'm glad to announce version 1.4 of nxslt - .NET XSLT command line utility. It's maintenance release. What is nxslt ------------- nxslt is a feature-rich command line utility that allows to perform XSL Transformations (XSLT) using .NET Framework's XSLT implementation - System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform class. nxslt basically dublicates functionality and command line options, provided by Microsoft's MSXSL.EXE Command Line Transformation Utility. In addition, nxslt has some distinct advanced features, like support for XInclude, embedded stylesheets, custom URI resolving, mult...

Quicken 2004 vs. Money 2004
Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... Thanks, Tom CNET.com ran an article comparing the two a couple of months ago. You might take a look over there. DAE >-----Original Message----- >Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm >running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left >figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... > >Than...

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Money 2004 Tax Reports
When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this problem? It seems fairly simple. In microsoft.public.money, Carlos wrote: >When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I >get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) >and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this >problem? It seems fairly simple. For Taxes->TaxReports->TaxSoftwareReport, probably you want to set the date range to l...

sort blockwise (excel 2000 or later)
Hello, I use excel 2000 and have the following table Col1 | Col 2 ---------------------- Item 2 | Item 2b | Item 2a | Item 2c | Item 2d Item1 | Item1a | Item 1b | Item 1c .... Item n Item n1 I want to sort that list in a way that I obtain either of the following: Item1 | Item1a | Item 1b | Item 1c Item 2 | Item 2b | Item 2a | Item 2c | Item 2d or Item1 | Item1a | Item 1b | Item 1c Item 2 | Item 2a | Item 2b | Item 2c | Item 2d Any ...

XP Upgrade

Resetting Money 2000
Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to let me start over without having to compete with all the info that's been put in before? We stopped using the program sometime last year and now I want to start using it again anew. Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer. Jake File|New is usually very effective. "Jake" <deos17@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:070801c362c8$c11313a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of > uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to le...

incompatible version error
Geeting the above error after reformating my laptop and reinstall back eveything. Microsoft money 2004 cannot open my mymoney.mny. I'm currently using Windows XP service Pack 3 please help...more than 12 months of transaction in side. Incompatible Version generally means you are trying to open a data file written with on localized version of Money with a differently localized version of Money. Say the file was written with Money for UK and you are trying to open the file with Money for US. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "XiaoQiang" <XiaoQiang@discussions.mic...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Teacher and Student Version of Office
Is the 'Teacher/Student Version' of Microsoft Office the same as the "Small Office" version? I have a student in the household that would like to use Excel and Access in her classes, doing her homework at home. AND, is it compatible with Windows Me? Anyone know Karen No, it doesn't appear to include Access. The below is from the Microsoft site. A. Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 includes: .. Excel 2003 .. Outlook 2003 .. PowerPoint 2003 .. Word 2003 http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/students/default.mspx look at Frequently asked questi...

Can Quicken 2003 Deluxe file be converted into Money 2005 Trial fi
When I try to do conversion in from Quicken 2003 Deluxe QDF file into Money 2005 Deluxe Trial version file conversion always fails. Is this possible to do? Or do I need a full deluxe version first? Or does it work at all? In microsoft.public.money, Nihad wrote: >When I try to do conversion in from Quicken 2003 Deluxe QDF file into Money >2005 Deluxe Trial version file conversion always fails. Is this possible to >do? Or do I need a full deluxe version first? Or does it work at all? US versions? It should usually work, but it will not always work. First do Validate in Quick...

Not sure what this would fall under in Money 2004
I just upgraded from Money 2003 Deluxe to Money 2004 Deluxe. When I get everything reconciled in 2004, all my numbers come out just the way they are supposed to. When I exit Money and come back to it later on, I find that my balance on my checking account is off. I am the only one who uses this program. It's almost like there's something in Money that adds the starting balance in my checking account to what the balance is now and that's how much Money says that I have. It only does it on that one account in Money. Is there any way that I can get this corrected? Thank you in a...