Upgrading from Money 2002

Does anyone know if you can upgrade from Money 2002 to
Money 2004 without going through 2003?

Thanks!

Catherine
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Yes, you can.

"Catherine Waltham Sajdak" <blueeyes_79@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if you can upgrade from Money 2002 to
> Money 2004 without going through 2003?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Catherine

0
bjclarinet (489)

Password Problem
I have just installed Money 2004 over the top of my old Money 2003. At the sign-in page, Money has decided that my old passport password is not correct (I didn't change it) and will not let me in. I have followed several support tech suggestions such as change my password (didn't work) and set up a new .Net Passport (didn't work either). I am now at a loss on how to resolve this issue without completely uninstalling the program and risking loss of all my data. I still have my Money 2003 CD. Could I try to re-install this over 2004? I do have a hard disk back-up for ...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Money 3.0 XP and Networking Query
Hi, I have a client who is using money 3 for personal purposes for keeping track of shares and dividends and such. I realise Money 3 is very old (looks like it was for windows 3.1!) but he does not wish to upgrade to a newer version of money which is more complicated and has many features which he will never use. My questions are: 1] Will money 3 work reliably in XP? 2] Has anyone tried using money 3 over a network? i.e. sharing the file and using it on different computers (it would not have to be at the same time).? Otherwise, can you suggest a program that can deal with buying/se...

2002 MS Money restore
I've used MS Money 2002 for the past 6 years. I recently got a virus and had to have the computer re-set, I apparently lost the saved back-up files. I have the files on disc, but I have been unable to re-install them on Money 2002. I've tried "restore backup files", "import" and "open", with no good results. Any ideas? HELP What happens? What errors? etc etc What O/S? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for...

MS Money 2006 SMB
I've a small company that gives invoices in two currencies, USD and Mexican Pesos but it happens that sometimes my customers make payments of invoices made in a USD currency with Mexican Pesos, at some valid day exchange rate. When that transaction happens, we deposit in one of our accounts according to the payment, meaning that, if they pay in Pesos we deposit that payment in our Pesos account. But I´ve noticed that Money only uses one type of currency as a base, and I can not apply that payment to that invoice. Can anyone help? ...

Updating to Money 2007 from Money 2000 Canadian Version
After 7 years I want to update my Canadian version of Microsoft Money 2000 to the US Deluxe version of Money 2007. I live in Israel and we have accounts in Israel in Israeli Shekels, Canada in $ Canadian and the US in $US. Will Money 2007 be able to handle all these accounts in their respective currencies? I presently have a different file for each currency. Each file has a respective base currency. My Money 2000 Canadian Version handles these accounts and different currencies with no problem. My computer is configured as followes for dates: dd/mm/yyyy. In the US, the dates are usuall...

Outlook 2002, msvcrt.dll crash
I have a user whose Outlook crashes shortly after it is opened, with the error: "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.6626.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.1106, fault address 0x0003381c." I've tried Office repair, uninstalling/reinstalling Office, and all service packs are up to date. This error started yesterday after the user says he upgraded to Media Player 10, but it still occured after I went to the previous restore point. msvcrt is the MS C++ runtime DLL.The version that is on his/her machine may now be incompatible with the version needed f...

Money 2004 #4
I see that some are using this latest version. So where is the Microsoft info on this product? http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.asp only lists 2003 versions. http://shop.microsoft.com/ only shows 2003 versions http://shop.microsoft.com/special/itsnew/ only says "Coming Soon" Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between Quicken products and MS Money products? Thanks Brian W In microsoft.public.money, Brian W wrote: > >Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between >Quicken products and MS Money prod...

Upgrading the CPU?

money 2002 standard
cashflow review has stopped working - I click on the button or icon and nothing happens - it was fine yesterday The FAQ on this issue: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits is, for reasons unknown, causing this problem. The offending bill/deposit can be identified by trial and error as follows: 1) make a copy of your Money data file 2) open the copy 3) delete scheduled bills/deposits one-by-one until cash flow happiness returns; the last one deleted is your suspect, though there may be...

8.0 Upgrade

Quicken 2004 vs. Money 2004
Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... Thanks, Tom CNET.com ran an article comparing the two a couple of months ago. You might take a look over there. DAE >-----Original Message----- >Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm >running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left >figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... > >Than...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Money 2004 Tax Reports
When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this problem? It seems fairly simple. In microsoft.public.money, Carlos wrote: >When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I >get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) >and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this >problem? It seems fairly simple. For Taxes->TaxReports->TaxSoftwareReport, probably you want to set the date range to l...

XP Upgrade

Will Publisher 2002 work with Office 2003?
I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office 2003? Hi LaLana (LaLana@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software || for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office || 2003? Yes it will. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Better watch it Brian. the last t...

Resetting Money 2000
Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to let me start over without having to compete with all the info that's been put in before? We stopped using the program sometime last year and now I want to start using it again anew. Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer. Jake File|New is usually very effective. "Jake" <deos17@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:070801c362c8$c11313a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of > uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to le...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Outlook 2002 Rule Wizard Missing
I have just switch from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002, and when I installed Outlook I noticed there is no "Rules Wizard" listed in the "Tools" drop down menu. I chosed every thing to be on the Hard Drive during the install. I am using Version (10.2627.2625.). Is this an add on program or what. I am lost to why it not there. Used it in Outlook Express and was most happy with filtering successfully. Can someone explain what must be done or direct me. jerome Are you in the Inbox folder when you check for the Rules Wizard? Do you have e-mail accounts set up? ...

Can Quicken 2003 Deluxe file be converted into Money 2005 Trial fi
When I try to do conversion in from Quicken 2003 Deluxe QDF file into Money 2005 Deluxe Trial version file conversion always fails. Is this possible to do? Or do I need a full deluxe version first? Or does it work at all? In microsoft.public.money, Nihad wrote: >When I try to do conversion in from Quicken 2003 Deluxe QDF file into Money >2005 Deluxe Trial version file conversion always fails. Is this possible to >do? Or do I need a full deluxe version first? Or does it work at all? US versions? It should usually work, but it will not always work. First do Validate in Quick...

Not sure what this would fall under in Money 2004
I just upgraded from Money 2003 Deluxe to Money 2004 Deluxe. When I get everything reconciled in 2004, all my numbers come out just the way they are supposed to. When I exit Money and come back to it later on, I find that my balance on my checking account is off. I am the only one who uses this program. It's almost like there's something in Money that adds the starting balance in my checking account to what the balance is now and that's how much Money says that I have. It only does it on that one account in Money. Is there any way that I can get this corrected? Thank you in a...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

money essentials #14
I have money 2003 and it will not work on my new vista 64 bit machine as it updates it for usa and I am a canadian and has no cdn banks or currancy-have looked at money essentials,is this either us ar cdn and can I restore my money 2003 files In microsoft.public.money, kelsey3181 wrote: >I have money 2003 and it will not work on my new vista 64 bit machine as it >updates it for usa and I am a canadian and has no cdn banks or currancy I am not sure what you mean. Try launching Money by right-clicking its launch icon, and choosing RunAsAdministrator. If that works, there are steps ...