Upgrading from 2004 to 2006

I am going to upgrade from Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe to Microsoft Money
2006 Premium.  I have a couple of questions:

  1.. Should I uninstall Money 2004 first, before installing Money 2006?  Or
will installing Money 2006 automatically uninstall Money 2004?
  2.. Of course I want to transfer all of my data from Money 2004 to Money
2006.  How do I handle that?
Rod

0
Rod9506 (98)
11/28/2005 12:56:24 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Answers/comments inline below.

"Rod" <Rod@NO.SPAM> wrote in message

> I am going to upgrade from Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe to Microsoft Money
> 2006 Premium.  I have a couple of questions:

I hope you know what you are getting into with M06. See
http://umpmfaq.info/Money2006.htm for my experiences. YMMV.

>  1.. Should I uninstall Money 2004 first, before installing Money 2006?
> Or will installing Money 2006 automatically uninstall Money 2004?

M06 will, IIRC, prompt you about uninstalling M04 if you go to install it in
the same directory.

>  2.. Of course I want to transfer all of my data from Money 2004 to Money
> 2006.  How do I handle that?

M06 will take care of this automagically if the M04 file was most recently
opened in M04. Please read and heed the prompts along the way.

"Rod" <Rod@NO.SPAM> wrote in message

> I am going to upgrade from Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe to Microsoft Money
> 2006 Premium.  I have a couple of questions:

Have you downloaded and tried the Deluxe Trial? Deluxe is the same as
Premium, except for bundled third-party services. Get your feet wet first.

If you decide to buy Deluxe or Premium, buy a CD. Don't buy online as some
users experience problems during install or later. You can get it cheap
(Standard or Deluxe, at least) at discount stores, or bundled with tax
software.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
11/28/2005 3:44:41 AM
What is IIRC?

I must admit that you have kind of put me off of Money 2006.

Rod

message news:OSA%23dz78FHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Answers/comments inline below.
>
> "Rod" <Rod@NO.SPAM> wrote in message
>>
>> I am going to upgrade from Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe to Microsoft Money
>> 2006 Premium.  I have a couple of questions:
>
> I hope you know what you are getting into with M06. See
> http://umpmfaq.info/Money2006.htm for my experiences. YMMV.
>
>>  1.. Should I uninstall Money 2004 first, before installing Money 2006?
>> Or will installing Money 2006 automatically uninstall Money 2004?
>
> M06 will, IIRC, prompt you about uninstalling M04 if you go to install it
> in the same directory.
>
>>  2.. Of course I want to transfer all of my data from Money 2004 to Money
>> 2006.  How do I handle that?
>
> M06 will take care of this automagically if the M04 file was most recently
> opened in M04. Please read and heed the prompts along the way.

0
Rod9506 (98)
11/29/2005 12:57:52 PM
I did get it cheap, from Costco.  And, yes, I've gotten a CD with it on it.

Rod

"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message

> "Rod" <Rod@NO.SPAM> wrote in message
>>
>> I am going to upgrade from Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe to Microsoft Money
>> 2006 Premium.  I have a couple of questions:
>
> Have you downloaded and tried the Deluxe Trial? Deluxe is the same as
> Premium, except for bundled third-party services. Get your feet wet first.
>
> If you decide to buy Deluxe or Premium, buy a CD. Don't buy online as some
> users experience problems during install or later. You can get it cheap
> (Standard or Deluxe, at least) at discount stores, or bundled with tax
> software.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL

0
Rod9506 (98)
11/29/2005 12:59:10 PM
IIRC = if I recall correctly.

BTW (by the way), some people like M06. Acquire information and make your
own decision. You can try the demo version for free, but be careful how you
do so if you want to preserve the choice to stay on M04. A file, once
upgraded, cannot be reverted. Both versions can co-exist on the same system
if you install them in the same directory. If you remove the most recently
installed version, you may have to restore file type associations for the
previously installed version.

> What is IIRC?
>
> I must admit that you have kind of put me off of Money 2006.

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Password Problem
I have just installed Money 2004 over the top of my old Money 2003. At the sign-in page, Money has decided that my old passport password is not correct (I didn't change it) and will not let me in. I have followed several support tech suggestions such as change my password (didn't work) and set up a new .Net Passport (didn't work either). I am now at a loss on how to resolve this issue without completely uninstalling the program and risking loss of all my data. I still have my Money 2003 CD. Could I try to re-install this over 2004? I do have a hard disk back-up for ...

Upgrading the CPU?

Money 2004 #4
I see that some are using this latest version. So where is the Microsoft info on this product? http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.asp only lists 2003 versions. http://shop.microsoft.com/ only shows 2003 versions http://shop.microsoft.com/special/itsnew/ only says "Coming Soon" Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between Quicken products and MS Money products? Thanks Brian W In microsoft.public.money, Brian W wrote: > >Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between >Quicken products and MS Money prod...

8.0 Upgrade

Quicken 2004 vs. Money 2004
Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... Thanks, Tom CNET.com ran an article comparing the two a couple of months ago. You might take a look over there. DAE >-----Original Message----- >Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm >running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left >figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... > >Than...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Money 2004 Tax Reports
When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this problem? It seems fairly simple. In microsoft.public.money, Carlos wrote: >When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I >get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) >and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this >problem? It seems fairly simple. For Taxes->TaxReports->TaxSoftwareReport, probably you want to set the date range to l...

XP Upgrade

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Not sure what this would fall under in Money 2004
I just upgraded from Money 2003 Deluxe to Money 2004 Deluxe. When I get everything reconciled in 2004, all my numbers come out just the way they are supposed to. When I exit Money and come back to it later on, I find that my balance on my checking account is off. I am the only one who uses this program. It's almost like there's something in Money that adds the starting balance in my checking account to what the balance is now and that's how much Money says that I have. It only does it on that one account in Money. Is there any way that I can get this corrected? Thank you in a...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

Upgrade pains...
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I'm getting an error that says the "database is not published for merge replication"... Which sounds like a really dumb error (and check to make), because 3.0 doesn't even use replication! If anybody has come across this one and has a solution I'd be most grateful. (I've tried republishing, removing replication totally, even running the script at the end of the upgrade white paper to 'eliminate replication' hangover issues... Thanks, Dave -- Log file contents --- 12:51:55| Error| Install exceptio...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Money 2006
My new year's resolution is to clean up my Payee and Catagory list in Money...consolidate catagories, payees, etc. I just went to the Payee List for the first time in awhile and noticed that in addition to picking up the Payee from the Payee field in the check register, the Payee List also picks up on the Memo field in every one of my investment accounts and shows any memo as an actual Payee. Strange, but when I got to that transaction and erase my memo, it stops showing up as a Payee. I don't want to erase all my comments from all my transactions in all my accounts, but it w...

Domain Upgrade
We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD domain to 2008 and would like to know its impact on Exchange, OCS, LCS etc There should be none. Good luck! -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Glen" <Glen@live.com> wrote in message news:OHx5MsykKHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows > 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD doma...

Money 2004 #66
I can no longer connect to my Bank through Money 2004. I have been using this for some months with no problems whatsover. The only alterations to the PC I have done is to remove the "Opera" browser. I have a permanent NTL broadband connection. Help would be appreciated. Which bank, US or UK money, any errors? Have you tried reinstalling IE to make sure all of its associations are correct> -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions...

Upgrade Error
I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the Reports Feature. When I select that feature, I get a page that tell sme that a Money upgrade is in progress and that I will be able to use the feature when that is complete. The problem is that the progress bar never moves and the update has never completed. I am not sure what is going on and I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Beal Boru <Beal Boru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the >Report...

Upgrade
Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? Howdie! Am 03.05.2010 20:57, schrieb Collins: > Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server > 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? > > Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? You're asking a couple of questions here, each of them being a broad topic that one can't just answer with "yes, no, maybe&q...

Upgrading 2005 from 2004
This is a message for ya'll trying to convert that file from 2004 to the new "improved" 2005. This worked for me running a XP SP2 laptop with 2 users. First uninstall 2005. Reinstall 2004. Under the file menu you will find "repair money File". Click on that and do a standard repair. Reinstall 2005. Use the new repaired file and it works. I noticed that the repaired file was half the size of the old file. It apparently had a record file error. Hope this helps ya'll out. Now to find out what new problems I will find. Matt You should have stopped ...

reconcile downloaded statement 2006
Money wants to reconcile with the date a check cleared instead of the date it was written. How do I change this? In microsoft.public.money, JPinAZ wrote: >Money wants to reconcile with the date a check cleared instead of the date it >was written. How do I change this? You might de-select Tools->Settings->OnlineServiceSettings->OverwriteTransactionDatesWithDatesFromDownloadedTransactions That did it. Thank You "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, JPinAZ wrote: > > >Money wants to reconcile with the date a check cleared instead of ...