Upgrading - Error when importing Money File

I want to upgrade from Microsoft Money Financial Suite OEM Edition Version
11.0 to latest version but on trying to open the money file in Microsoft
Money 2007 I get the following error message:

File was created by an incompatible version

Question 1: As the old version was pre-loaded into the Computer when I
bought it in India, I don't know which country US/Canada/UK/Australia this
software belongs to. So how can I confirm which country is it for?

Question 2: And, how can I upgrade it to a version of Money from US or UK.

--
Kapil
0

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Copy files
Hi, I need to know how to copy files from one folder to a different folde selecting only the files listed in a range of cells. The range with the file names in would by column a, the files wil always be in the same folder where they are being taken from, and wil always be copied into the same destination folder. any help would be appreciated. Regards, Mark Pitchford -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try something like the following Sub copy_files() Dim rng as range dim cell as range Dim SrcFilename As String Dim DestFilename As String Set rng = selection For each ...

2002 MS Money restore
I've used MS Money 2002 for the past 6 years. I recently got a virus and had to have the computer re-set, I apparently lost the saved back-up files. I have the files on disc, but I have been unable to re-install them on Money 2002. I've tried "restore backup files", "import" and "open", with no good results. Any ideas? HELP What happens? What errors? etc etc What O/S? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for...

Money 3.0 XP and Networking Query
Hi, I have a client who is using money 3 for personal purposes for keeping track of shares and dividends and such. I realise Money 3 is very old (looks like it was for windows 3.1!) but he does not wish to upgrade to a newer version of money which is more complicated and has many features which he will never use. My questions are: 1] Will money 3 work reliably in XP? 2] Has anyone tried using money 3 over a network? i.e. sharing the file and using it on different computers (it would not have to be at the same time).? Otherwise, can you suggest a program that can deal with buying/se...

atr files in attachments
When viewing an attachment with Outlook 2000 (XP), there are other image files that show up. ie bubbles.atr.jpg. They are displayed when viewing any attachment from any email. Where did they come from and how to I get rid of them? Thanx in advance. -- RFS iBox Technologies Industrial & Security Computer Cabinets www.iboxcabinets.com ...

Money 2004 #4
I see that some are using this latest version. So where is the Microsoft info on this product? http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.asp only lists 2003 versions. http://shop.microsoft.com/ only shows 2003 versions http://shop.microsoft.com/special/itsnew/ only says "Coming Soon" Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between Quicken products and MS Money products? Thanks Brian W In microsoft.public.money, Brian W wrote: > >Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between >Quicken products and MS Money prod...

Importing Leads and Contacts
Has anyone else run into this problem. When trying to import leads or contacts you get an error stating that "The ActiveX control did not download properly. The import is being stopped.". If anyone has found a cure please post. >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone else run into this problem. When trying to import leads or >contacts you get an error stating that "The ActiveX control did not download >properly. The import is being stopped.". If anyone has found a cure >please post. > > >. > Try installing the sales force automati...

Excel file opens with a blank screen
I have an excel file with a few worksheets. Sometimes (But this does not happen every time) after I run a macro that takes data from other files and puts it onto a worksheet in the current file, after I save and close the current file and then reopen the file, it comes up blank. I can still view my vb code, but I cannot see the actual spreadsheets unless I go to View-->Full screen and then reduce the view with the minimize icon on the little toolbar that pops up. What really makes this odd, is that a friend in another lab can run the macro and open the file at his place with no prob...

Upgrading the CPU?

Quicken 2004 vs. Money 2004
Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... Thanks, Tom CNET.com ran an article comparing the two a couple of months ago. You might take a look over there. DAE >-----Original Message----- >Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm >running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left >figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... > >Than...

Unable to import files
I can no longer import any video files I've downloaded from the net. I get error message that contains long tech info line. Anyone else encounter this and how did you fix? Import the files into what? Do you mean you can't play the files in Media Center? Will they play in Media Player or some other app? If so, what version (XP, Vista, 7)? What kind of video files (mpeg, avi, mov, etc.) -- James Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida "SholyHit" <SholyHit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A53339E6-2E08-4AF6-9777-B7E6FD7921...

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

.gif file attachments
When I receive .gif attachments the only option I have is to save as a .bmp in My pictures. How do I change this? Clear your IE cache (tools, options, internet options, delete files) and see if that helps. Mickey wrote: > When I receive .gif attachments the only option I have is > to save as a .bmp in My pictures. How do I change this? Thank you for the response. I did this and it did not make a difference. I went into My Pictures, options, file associations and the .gif is associated with my Animation Shop but still it only gives me the option to save as .bmp. Does it mat...

PowerPoint 2007 can't open PPT file from app installation folder
I have an application that launches PowerPoint 2007 and opens a PPT file in slideshow mode. If the file is in the installation folder (C:\Program Files\MyApp Folder\Presentations\), I get this error: The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirus program is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn ...

Money 2004 Tax Reports
When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this problem? It seems fairly simple. In microsoft.public.money, Carlos wrote: >When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I >get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) >and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this >problem? It seems fairly simple. For Taxes->TaxReports->TaxSoftwareReport, probably you want to set the date range to l...

Automatically import web leads.
We're migrating from GoldMine 6.7 to MS CRM. With GM, we had a thing where a customer would enter their name and email address on our site, we'd receive this information by email, and we'd do something with the emails to import the contacts into GM. (I didn't do that step, so I'm not entirely certain.) Now we're moving to CRM. I'm looking for a way to automatically import contacts as Leads into our database. I've heard of Scribe, but I'm trying to (a) find anything more useful than a sales doc and (b) see if maybe we can develop something in-house that ...

Resetting Money 2000
Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to let me start over without having to compete with all the info that's been put in before? We stopped using the program sometime last year and now I want to start using it again anew. Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer. Jake File|New is usually very effective. "Jake" <deos17@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:070801c362c8$c11313a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of > uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to le...

Problems with EDB files
Had a server reboot and the edb file is currupted. I have tried all the usual stuff to repair but get odd messages, please see below Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Initiating FILE DUMP mode... Database: priv1.edb File Type: Database Format ulMagic: 0x89abcdef Engine ulMagic: 0x89abcdef Format ulVersion: 0x620,11 Engine ulVersion: 0x620,11 Created ulVersion: 0x620,9 DB Signature: Create time:06/28/2005 17:49:44 Rand:2744620 Computer: cbDbPage: 4096 dbtime: 2 (0x2) State: Clean Shutdown Log Required...

XP Upgrade

Money 2004 Deluxe #10
When I make enter a monthly payment amount into the debt reduction planner, it makes my first month's payment 2-5 times larger than what I intend to pay that month toward debt reduction. The rest of the month's are correct, but that first month throws off the entire budget. If anyone knows the solution to this, you will be quelling the rantings of a frustrated Money user. Thanks! ...

Importing object with transparent backgrounds
In PP 2003 i could import objects from corel draw, microsoft photo editor (with transparent back grounds) into slide and the backround would be transparent. If I do the same with pp2007 the tranparent the background is white. If i save the object to file and then use object insert it works but it is a pain. Why and what was changed Not sure why the difference but have you tried saving the object as a PNG file with transparency and then import the PNG into PPT? This feature was dropped in the 2007 version. Bummer. There are a couple of "add-in's", but I haven'...

Importing MFC resources
Hi, I have a very large project that consists of several MFC applications, all created with VS 7.1. What I'd like to do now is create MFC resources that can be shared among these different applications. For example, I'd like to create a dialog resource, along with the code to handle that dialog's controls, and then bundle it up for use by all the other applications. I've tried a few things with very little success. I seem to always end up with resource ID conflicts when I import a resource into another project. I can manually patch this up in the resource.h file, b...

Unable to import to journal folders
I am trying to create through importing about 150 journal notes that are in an excel file (one row for each note). Outlook will not let me import from this file or any other one into a journal folder. Anyone know why this is the case? Thanks, Rick ...