Upgrade from Money 2000 Standard to Money 2004 Deluxe

"Conflict in version"

Just bought a HP iPAQ.
Wanted to upgrade my exisitng Money2000 Standard.
Rec'd error message "Conflict in version".
Any idea?
Are there diff version in Asia & USA?

Please help
0
anonymous (74717)
12/15/2003 2:39:28 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

You probably realise that Money will only convert within regions.  UK > UK,
USA > USA etc.
In Asia the International Version of Money is usually on sale and is
different from the UK and USA versions and is not compatible.

"PT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Conflict in version"
>
> Just bought a HP iPAQ.
> Wanted to upgrade my exisitng Money2000 Standard.
> Rec'd error message "Conflict in version".
> Any idea?
> Are there diff version in Asia & USA?
>
> Please help

excel 2000 out of memory
How big can a spreadsheet be in excel 2000 ?? I can seam to get over about 70 MB or I get can't open it and save it, I have 512 MB RAM and there is plenty left over when excel runs out of memory ?? Kim Hi Kim see http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel Version 2 now available. www.DecisionModels.com "Kim" <k@lazy.dk> wrote in message news:fD3zb.50506$jf4.2762193@news000.worldonline.dk... > How big can a spreadsheet be in excel 2000 ?? > > I can seam to get over about 70 MB or I get can't open ...

Password Problem
I have just installed Money 2004 over the top of my old Money 2003. At the sign-in page, Money has decided that my old passport password is not correct (I didn't change it) and will not let me in. I have followed several support tech suggestions such as change my password (didn't work) and set up a new .Net Passport (didn't work either). I am now at a loss on how to resolve this issue without completely uninstalling the program and risking loss of all my data. I still have my Money 2003 CD. Could I try to re-install this over 2004? I do have a hard disk back-up for ...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Money 3.0 XP and Networking Query
Hi, I have a client who is using money 3 for personal purposes for keeping track of shares and dividends and such. I realise Money 3 is very old (looks like it was for windows 3.1!) but he does not wish to upgrade to a newer version of money which is more complicated and has many features which he will never use. My questions are: 1] Will money 3 work reliably in XP? 2] Has anyone tried using money 3 over a network? i.e. sharing the file and using it on different computers (it would not have to be at the same time).? Otherwise, can you suggest a program that can deal with buying/se...

Backing Up Contacts in Outlook 2000
I have MS Office 2000 installed in my PC and use Outlook 2000 solely for Contact Data . I have all my APPLICATIONS installed on the C: which is where XP Pro SP2 is also installed. I use the D drive for DATA and back up all the data each day using Second Copy. This works OK for all the data except the Outlook Contact data which I understand is contained in the file "contacts.pst" I cannot find the path for this file so cannot , therefore backup this data. How do I find the PATH for this file so that I can point Second Copy to it so that it too will be included in the daily b...

2002 MS Money restore
I've used MS Money 2002 for the past 6 years. I recently got a virus and had to have the computer re-set, I apparently lost the saved back-up files. I have the files on disc, but I have been unable to re-install them on Money 2002. I've tried "restore backup files", "import" and "open", with no good results. Any ideas? HELP What happens? What errors? etc etc What O/S? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for...

MS Money 2006 SMB
I've a small company that gives invoices in two currencies, USD and Mexican Pesos but it happens that sometimes my customers make payments of invoices made in a USD currency with Mexican Pesos, at some valid day exchange rate. When that transaction happens, we deposit in one of our accounts according to the payment, meaning that, if they pay in Pesos we deposit that payment in our Pesos account. But I´ve noticed that Money only uses one type of currency as a base, and I can not apply that payment to that invoice. Can anyone help? ...

Updating to Money 2007 from Money 2000 Canadian Version
After 7 years I want to update my Canadian version of Microsoft Money 2000 to the US Deluxe version of Money 2007. I live in Israel and we have accounts in Israel in Israeli Shekels, Canada in $ Canadian and the US in $US. Will Money 2007 be able to handle all these accounts in their respective currencies? I presently have a different file for each currency. Each file has a respective base currency. My Money 2000 Canadian Version handles these accounts and different currencies with no problem. My computer is configured as followes for dates: dd/mm/yyyy. In the US, the dates are usuall...

Money 2004 #4
I see that some are using this latest version. So where is the Microsoft info on this product? http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.asp only lists 2003 versions. http://shop.microsoft.com/ only shows 2003 versions http://shop.microsoft.com/special/itsnew/ only says "Coming Soon" Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between Quicken products and MS Money products? Thanks Brian W In microsoft.public.money, Brian W wrote: > >Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between >Quicken products and MS Money prod...

Upgrading the CPU?

money 2002 standard
cashflow review has stopped working - I click on the button or icon and nothing happens - it was fine yesterday The FAQ on this issue: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits is, for reasons unknown, causing this problem. The offending bill/deposit can be identified by trial and error as follows: 1) make a copy of your Money data file 2) open the copy 3) delete scheduled bills/deposits one-by-one until cash flow happiness returns; the last one deleted is your suspect, though there may be...

unable to drag scrollbar in excell 2000
I have office 2000 installed on my xp home sp2 machine and when i click on the scroll bar in excel to drag it to the required point on the worksheet it just jumps to the end of the sheet in effect acting like a page up or down button. i am actually clicking on the scroll bar as i now clicking under it has the same effect. has anyone come across this or have a fix? i have a wheel mouse and can scroll down the page with that but this is starting to bug me now.. any suggestions greatly appreciated ...

8.0 Upgrade

Quicken 2004 vs. Money 2004
Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... Thanks, Tom CNET.com ran an article comparing the two a couple of months ago. You might take a look over there. DAE >-----Original Message----- >Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm >running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left >figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... > >Than...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

multile problems with Exch 2000
Hi, I'm having real problems with my exchange - 2000 on 2000AS. I can't mail enable a public folder. I can't give a user an email address - manually or automatically on creation. I can't backup (NTBackUP) as it crashes (I suspect when it starts to look at the data) everytime. I'm getting very nervous!!! Any suggestions (polite ones) apart from getting a new server? NEIL What happens when you try to do any of this?? Do you get any errors? What shows in your event logs?? S. "Neil Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message news:d...

Standard Costs
I created a MO in a test account in Great Plains. It's status now is 'Complete'. How can I verify the posting of the standard costs into a certain account? Is there a certain inquiry I can use? First, confirm all batches are posted or examine the transactions in the batches to see if your transaction is found there. Then, use the financial inquiry to examine the inventory asset account(s) for the item to ensure the proper amount(s) are posted. Keep in mind, depending on how you setup your cash flow through manufacturing that up to nine different accounts can be hit wit...

Money 2004 Tax Reports
When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this problem? It seems fairly simple. In microsoft.public.money, Carlos wrote: >When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I >get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) >and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this >problem? It seems fairly simple. For Taxes->TaxReports->TaxSoftwareReport, probably you want to set the date range to l...

XP Upgrade

sort blockwise (excel 2000 or later)
Hello, I use excel 2000 and have the following table Col1 | Col 2 ---------------------- Item 2 | Item 2b | Item 2a | Item 2c | Item 2d Item1 | Item1a | Item 1b | Item 1c .... Item n Item n1 I want to sort that list in a way that I obtain either of the following: Item1 | Item1a | Item 1b | Item 1c Item 2 | Item 2b | Item 2a | Item 2c | Item 2d or Item1 | Item1a | Item 1b | Item 1c Item 2 | Item 2a | Item 2b | Item 2c | Item 2d Any ...

Resetting Money 2000
Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to let me start over without having to compete with all the info that's been put in before? We stopped using the program sometime last year and now I want to start using it again anew. Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer. Jake File|New is usually very effective. "Jake" <deos17@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:070801c362c8$c11313a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of > uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to le...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Can Quicken 2003 Deluxe file be converted into Money 2005 Trial fi
When I try to do conversion in from Quicken 2003 Deluxe QDF file into Money 2005 Deluxe Trial version file conversion always fails. Is this possible to do? Or do I need a full deluxe version first? Or does it work at all? In microsoft.public.money, Nihad wrote: >When I try to do conversion in from Quicken 2003 Deluxe QDF file into Money >2005 Deluxe Trial version file conversion always fails. Is this possible to >do? Or do I need a full deluxe version first? Or does it work at all? US versions? It should usually work, but it will not always work. First do Validate in Quick...