Upgrade 2006 to Small Business

Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so, how?
0
CF (5)
6/17/2006 3:21:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, CF wrote:

>Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so, how?

See
http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/editorial/22/cswspring06/default.mspx
or visit a store.

I would first just try to install over the existing installation. If
Money asks if it should uninstall the previous version for you, say
yes.

If there is a problem, you could uninstall the old first, and then
install the new.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/17/2006 3:47:28 AM
In addition to Cal's comments, when you install the new version it will go
and look for your .mny file and perform any upgrades it needs without you
doing anything.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"CF" <CF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so,
> how?

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
6/17/2006 6:32:56 AM
CF,
In addition of what others have said, I would personally back-up your current
xxxx.mny file to a CD, floppy diskette, other removable media, or another PC, if
on a network. Just in case, something goes wrong, and the file or new
installation are/is corrupted. It can't hurt, I will reduce some of the
frustration, just in case something goes wrong, "Murphy's Law".

--
Have A Good Day
Rich/rerat

(RRR News)    <message rule>

"Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in message
In addition to Cal's comments, when you install the new version it will go
and look for your .mny file and perform any upgrades it needs without you
doing anything.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,
Microsoft MVP - Money

For UK tips & fixes see

"CF" <CF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so,
> how?

0
rrr_news (40)

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Get SQL Business Alerts to work with Manufacturing Tables
I was surprised during recent project that SQL Business Alerts did not work with any manufacturing tables. In our situation we wanted ECN's (from Engineering Change Module) to work with SQL Business Alerts so that users would know a new ECN had been created. The inconsistently in our (Microsoft Great Plains) product is still an issue. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

MS Money 2006 SMB
I've a small company that gives invoices in two currencies, USD and Mexican Pesos but it happens that sometimes my customers make payments of invoices made in a USD currency with Mexican Pesos, at some valid day exchange rate. When that transaction happens, we deposit in one of our accounts according to the payment, meaning that, if they pay in Pesos we deposit that payment in our Pesos account. But I´ve noticed that Money only uses one type of currency as a base, and I can not apply that payment to that invoice. Can anyone help? ...

Upgrading the CPU?

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

XP Upgrade

MSM2004 Sm Business Invoice Templates
It appears that one cannot adjust the columns in the invoice templates. For example, I need a wider descriptiojn field and a smaller Qty field. BTW, it would be nice if there was a "Date" field (not to be confused with the invoice date). Are there proprietary packages available that one can purchase that will read the invoice data from MSM2004 -- and are more flexible in design? Bill ...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

Outlook and hosted Exchange for very small business: general advice wanted
I have a very small small business -- three PCs I have used a POP mail service with Outlook 2000 and used net folders to share contacts. I am thinking of upgrading to Outlook 2003, and moving to a hosted Exchange service for e-mail. I have never used Exchange for email, and am having a little trouble even knowing what to ask potential service providers. One concern I have is about how I would keep email archives. I understand that Exchange synchronizes what appears in my Outlook folders with what is on the Exchanger server. One service I am looking at keeps deleted items for 30 days. I ...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Upgrade pains...
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I'm getting an error that says the "database is not published for merge replication"... Which sounds like a really dumb error (and check to make), because 3.0 doesn't even use replication! If anybody has come across this one and has a solution I'd be most grateful. (I've tried republishing, removing replication totally, even running the script at the end of the upgrade white paper to 'eliminate replication' hangover issues... Thanks, Dave -- Log file contents --- 12:51:55| Error| Install exceptio...

Domain Upgrade
We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD domain to 2008 and would like to know its impact on Exchange, OCS, LCS etc There should be none. Good luck! -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Glen" <Glen@live.com> wrote in message news:OHx5MsykKHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows > 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD doma...

Money 2006
My new year's resolution is to clean up my Payee and Catagory list in Money...consolidate catagories, payees, etc. I just went to the Payee List for the first time in awhile and noticed that in addition to picking up the Payee from the Payee field in the check register, the Payee List also picks up on the Memo field in every one of my investment accounts and shows any memo as an actual Payee. Strange, but when I got to that transaction and erase my memo, it stops showing up as a Payee. I don't want to erase all my comments from all my transactions in all my accounts, but it w...

Upgrade Error
I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the Reports Feature. When I select that feature, I get a page that tell sme that a Money upgrade is in progress and that I will be able to use the feature when that is complete. The problem is that the progress bar never moves and the update has never completed. I am not sure what is going on and I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Beal Boru <Beal Boru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the >Report...

Upgrade
Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? Howdie! Am 03.05.2010 20:57, schrieb Collins: > Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server > 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? > > Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? You're asking a couple of questions here, each of them being a broad topic that one can't just answer with "yes, no, maybe&q...

Remove Disabled Business Units
MS CRM doesn't allow removal of Business Units once it is saved or even disabled. Is there any other methods to resolve? Can i run query directly on MS CRM database in SQL server to remove them? This is not recommended. The BU's have ties into the security model and Role hierarchy. As such, the interdependencies can be quite complex in the DB. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Alice" <Alice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:527A8F10-D92D-4738-8E4D-6D67BD62C7CA@microsoft.com... MS CRM doesn't allow removal of Business Units once it is save...

Upgrading 2005 from 2004
This is a message for ya'll trying to convert that file from 2004 to the new "improved" 2005. This worked for me running a XP SP2 laptop with 2 users. First uninstall 2005. Reinstall 2004. Under the file menu you will find "repair money File". Click on that and do a standard repair. Reinstall 2005. Use the new repaired file and it works. I noticed that the repaired file was half the size of the old file. It apparently had a record file error. Hope this helps ya'll out. Now to find out what new problems I will find. Matt You should have stopped ...

Issue with Office Enterprise Installation on small HDD
Hi, We have installed some Samsung MagicInfo screens which have a built in HDD but it is pretty small, around 500MB. This obviously stuffs up being able to install Office Enterprise 2007. I have a D drive too which is about 1.5GB To get round this I thought I'd try installing across a network from a server to see if that would help but it doesn't. I only need to install Powerpoint and maybe Word and wonder if there is a away round this. We are using Enterprise 2007 as this is an NHS practice and therefore they have access to this. Thanks, Paul "Paul Be...

Business Shop
Diamond Investment http://giuelith.wordpress.com/about/ Merchant Business http://merchantbusiness.blogspot.com/ Celebrities Portfolios http://wellnessmerchant.blogspot.com/ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Communiques-Celebrities Giuen Holding Ltd. Construction Equipment Order http://jetequip.blogspot.com/ When exploratory plans for future constructions encompass ideas ideally on inexpensive land, also requirement for expertise on construction equipment become demand for performance. We know it would more than satisfy every other conversation as well as applications for prospects to m...