Upgrade (2004 to 2005) Question

I would like to upgrade to 2005 but do not want to carry forward my money
file as it has gotten messy (bad categories, etc, bad transaction matching
issues).

However, I do want to keep the bank info so I can use 2005 w/my current
accounts and start a new money file.

When I install 2005, how do I accomplish this.

Thanks,
Rick
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, RickInTheMoney wrote:

>I would like to upgrade to 2005 but do not want to carry forward my money
>file as it has gotten messy (bad categories, etc, bad transaction matching
>issues).
>
>However, I do want to keep the bank info so I can use 2005 w/my current
>accounts and start a new money file.
>
>When I install 2005, how do I accomplish this.

Print out the bank information. Create the new Money file without
importing the old. Enter the bank information by keyboard.

Your other choices are to delete things from a copy of the existing
file before converting, or to delete things after conversion.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/16/2004 6:05:35 PM
Why? Have you checked out the trial version? Read some of the threads here
with good, bad, and ugly about M05? Read http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm?

You are more than welcome to reach your own conclusion and I'm not urging a
specific conclusion. I just think you should be aware of what you are
getting.

"RickInTheMoney" <RickInTheMoney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to upgrade to 2005

Thanks Cal for the info (I thought it might be easier). And thanks Dick for
the heads up, I'll take a look at the threads you refer to.

Rick

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Why? Have you checked out the trial version? Read some of the threads here
> with good, bad, and ugly about M05? Read http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm?
>
> You are more than welcome to reach your own conclusion and I'm not urging a
> specific conclusion. I just think you should be aware of what you are
> getting.
>
> "RickInTheMoney" <RickInTheMoney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I would like to upgrade to 2005

I would also advocate caution about upgrading. I have not evaluated 2005
thoroughly, because I have not been able to upgrade effectively yet and
it and whether I will be able to is debatable. The upgrade procedure
seems to be asinine.

There are a few things that I noticed almost immediately, that I did not
like:

1. The cash flow forcast and "coming soon" transactions disappeard from
the bottom of my bank account. I found them extremely useful. I
appreciate that not everyone does, but that should make it optional. It
is not a reason to remove it.

2. Some terms have changed (for example, electronic payment and
automatic payment have been replaced) and the new terms do not occur in
the help system so you can't find out exactly what the new terms mean
and what exactly they replace.

3. I was not able to find a single thing I looked for in the help
system. It appears to be totally useless. Apparently it is also on-line
only. When I travel overseas and only have brief, intermittent access to
the Internet, this could prove to be a major problem.

4. Every time I invoke the help system it repositions the money window
so that it covers the entire screen. I work on multiple things at once.
That is why I use Windows. When someone forces me into full screen mode,
I want to go for the programmer's throat. Besides, I resent people
telling me how I should work.

If I get to the point where I can actually use the software, I may find
some new things that I like, but I can't recall anyone in this newsgroup
raving about anything.

It is more likely that my copy of the software is going to go back to
where it came from. This appears to be a really bad release.

regards,
Alan.
0
alanv (15)

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Document Recovery question
Microsoft Powerpoint 2002 recently crashed while I was working on a poster, which was almost done and unsaved. The document recovery opened up automatically when Powerpoint automatically restarted, with two available files: the original version of the file (which was just a template) and the recovered version, saved with AutoRecover minutes before the program crashed. That is obviously the version of the file that I want, but when I click on it and tell it to open or Save As, nothing happens. Rather: all that happens is, on the bottom left, for a microsecond it says "Mi...

Headquarters Question
how r u doing all ? I have a client who is interested in HQ for his chain store, but the feature he wanted as buying from store A and returning to store B is not existed in HQ. Correct me if I am wrong for this. Did you guys any third party add-ons were developped for solving this issue, or anyone think they could provide a solution. Give a email and let's talk about this. My email is jiyang1@yahoo.com. Take care! Jiyang ...

Outlook Folder List Questions
2 Questions: 1) Is there a way to change the font on the Folder List? 2) After adding other mailboxes to your account, is there a way to alpha-sort them on your Folder List? Both of these are for Outlook 2002. Thanks! Stacey L. Scott Client Support Center Operations Target Corporation In news:1d7ff01c423c0$b3ac19f0$a301280a@phx.gbl, Stacey wrote: > 2 Questions: > > 1) Is there a way to change the font on the Folder List? This is tied to one of your Windows font settings, I believe -- try changing some of the fonts in Control Panel | Display | Appearance tab. If you're ...

Password Problem
I have just installed Money 2004 over the top of my old Money 2003. At the sign-in page, Money has decided that my old passport password is not correct (I didn't change it) and will not let me in. I have followed several support tech suggestions such as change my password (didn't work) and set up a new .Net Passport (didn't work either). I am now at a loss on how to resolve this issue without completely uninstalling the program and risking loss of all my data. I still have my Money 2003 CD. Could I try to re-install this over 2004? I do have a hard disk back-up for ...

Question on the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes)
How do I modify the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes) with more than 10 rows/columns in Visio 2007 I'm trying to build a chart that is 12 columns, by 18 rows. The shape is "mis-behaving" when I try to change it. Thank you! JLH Hello JLH, The Feature Comparison shape is really a grouped shape that contains 10 rows and 10 columns that you choose to reveal or hide depending on the custom properties you set ('Set Fields...'). So if you want to extend this you can either edit the shape and add more rows and columns to the group (bear in mind that each ...

So close and yet so far (IF ISNA question)
I'm using the following formula =INDEX(QB6!$A:$A,MATCH($B31,QB6!$B:$B,0)) This generally works, but occasionally it doesn't find a match on page QB6, in which case I get the #N/A! error. Instead of getting that error, I would like to force a value into that cell (a defined number). I'm trying to tweak it using the IF ISNA commands but just can't seem to get it right. Thanks in advance Try this: =IF(ISERROR(INDEX(QB6!$A:$A,MATCH($B31,QB6!$B:$B,0)))=TRUE,"THERE IS AN ERROR",INDEX(QB6!$A:$A,MATCH($B31,QB6!$B:$B,0))) You can replace the "There is an error...

MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Add-n for MS Sharepoint CUub
I am trying to get SQL Reporting Services installed in the MOSS 2007 test environment (SP2). After my servers and Farm are set up and running, I install MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Add-in for MS Sharepoint Technologies. When I try to build a cube (which worked before I installed the add-in), my cube build services breaks with an ActiveX Component Can't Create error I've searched the internet high and low for a workaround, but the only one I find that works is removing the Add-in. Not a good choice as we want this running to mirror our production. I se...

Number format question #2
I have the following formula: ="*First year estimated home sales of "&C35&" with 15% growth rate in subsequent years." I want to have this statement adjust to changes made in the number (C35). However, this is what the phrase looks like: *First year estimated home sales of 67188 with 15% growth rate in subsequent years. How can I get the number to format show the comma? -- Joker "...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me." Gen. 21:6 ="*First year estimated home sales of " & text(C35,"#,##0")...

newbie question #5
Hi all, I'm fairly new with working with exchange, and recently came across this problem: I want to receive e-mail from another domain that we bought. There are plenty of tutorials on the web that explain how this is done, and they all come down to the same: add it to the recipient policies. And so I did. The policy is made, all users have their extra address, I applied the policy, I updated the recipient update services... but still all e-mail to this domain arrives at the postmasters' inbox. Another thing: internally it seems to work fine. So it just applies to e-mail coming...

Switchboard Question 12-13-07
I noticed that the switchboard is only limited to 8 menu selections per switchboard. Can that be increased? If so, how can I modify it? Thank you, On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:06:00 -0800, TomP wrote: > I noticed that the switchboard is only limited to 8 menu selections per > switchboard. Can that be increased? If so, how can I modify it? > > Thank you, Adding a 9th or 10th etc. button is no problem, however you cannot edit the extra buttons using the switchboard manager. Any changes on those buttons will have to be done manually. There are better methods of creating a switch...

Upgrading the CPU?

Active document opened in IE questions
Hi all I have created an active document application. When I typed a file name in IE's location bar in WinMe, IE started my application to display the file I want to know, by what mean, IE send message to my application to open the file? If I want to get the message sent to my application by IE, how t do it Second, when typed another file's name in IE's location bar, IE first use my application to open the file , then it told my application to close the first file, errors ocurs , when my application get the close message, the second file is also closed, what can I do many th...

Work Flow Monitor Question
Does anyone know whether or not the WorkFlow Monitor will tell you whether or not your workflow is running in an infinite loop? I have created a complex workflow and before I test it I want to know if the Monitor will tell me if it is looping......... No it won't. You would be able to figure it out though by seeing that it isn't ending. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:55:35 -0700, "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Does anyone know whether ...

Money 2004 #4
I see that some are using this latest version. So where is the Microsoft info on this product? http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.asp only lists 2003 versions. http://shop.microsoft.com/ only shows 2003 versions http://shop.microsoft.com/special/itsnew/ only says "Coming Soon" Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between Quicken products and MS Money products? Thanks Brian W In microsoft.public.money, Brian W wrote: > >Where can I get a list of features so I can make an informed choice between >Quicken products and MS Money prod...

Match/ Index question
I want to use a named chart in a match lookup function as a part of my vlookup equation. The problem when I am encountering is it is reading the name of the chart as just a cell value and not pulling the information from that chart. Does anyone know how to embed the name of a chart so you can use it in a function. Below is an example of my problem. =vlookup(a1,index(r202:r206,match(d214,s202:s206,0) the 'r202:r206' are my charts, but excel is just reading them as cells hi Cory, you can not use the cell address to name a cell range -- isabelle Le 2012-02-08 16:14, Cory Tilto...

Question (possible OT)
What are the differences between C++ and C#? Only brief response required. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cscon/html/vclrfcomparisonbetweenccsharp.asp -------------------------------------------- Manish Agarwal <manishkrishan@hotmail.com> http://personal.vsnl.com/mkag "Hamish Dean" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:741Jc.34$N77.37515@news.xtra.co.nz... > What are the differences between C++ and C#? > > Only brief response required. > > ...

8.0 Upgrade

Quicken 2004 vs. Money 2004
Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... Thanks, Tom CNET.com ran an article comparing the two a couple of months ago. You might take a look over there. DAE >-----Original Message----- >Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm >running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left >figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... > >Than...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Question on purchase return
I have a purchase line for 100 units for $1 each. I received these 100 units and thereafter returned back 60 of these units (through a return transaction of type Return). The Received not invoiced report shows the outstanding as $40. When I go to purchase invoice, the purchase line is pulling up for $100. I was expecting to pull up the purchase line for $40. Have I done anything wrong here? What is the correct process? KT Well, it sounds like you did the steps correctly. The only thing you did not say is did you do a return or a return w/credit. The Return w/Credit assumes you are ...

Money 2004 Tax Reports
When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this problem? It seems fairly simple. In microsoft.public.money, Carlos wrote: >When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I >get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) >and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this >problem? It seems fairly simple. For Taxes->TaxReports->TaxSoftwareReport, probably you want to set the date range to l...

XP Upgrade