Update of account glitch on closed accounts

I get the following error message when updating my accounts at a bank.  I
have several accounts and the others get properly updated.

"Microsoft Money could not update your account because you bank or brokerage
does not have a record of it.  The account may be closed or the account
number may have change.  Learn more."

It is true that the account that cannot be updated is a closed account there
at the bank.  So, my question is...How can i tell MS money to stop asking
the bank for this account's information?

I have only been able to figure out how to tell MS Money to query (or not
query) a bank...I can't find out how to restrict the accounts requested from
the bank.

I am using Money SMall Business 2005

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote:

>I get the following error message when updating my accounts at a bank.  I
>have several accounts and the others get properly updated.
>
>"Microsoft Money could not update your account because you bank or brokerage
>does not have a record of it.  The account may be closed or the account
>number may have change.  Learn more."
>
>It is true that the account that cannot be updated is a closed account there
>at the bank.  So, my question is...How can i tell MS money to stop asking
>the bank for this account's information?

It is not under your control.  :-(

The common work around for a somewhat similar thing is to have that
account as a closed account in Money.

Whether this will help your case, I don't know.

>I have only been able to figure out how to tell MS Money to query (or not
>query) a bank...I can't find out how to restrict the accounts requested from
>the bank.
>
>I am using Money SMall Business 2005
>
>Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
4/30/2006 4:39:30 PM
Steve,

The usual method is:

1. disable online services within Money for your bank
2. close within Money the account you closed at the bank
3. setup online services for your bank again

The latter step should produce only the open account(s) at your bank.
This step may also involve merging accounts that were created as part
of the onine setup process with your existing Money accounts.

If you did step 2 before step 1, re-open it before disabling online
services.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
JB

Steve wrote:
> I get the following error message when updating my accounts at a bank.  I
> have several accounts and the others get properly updated.
>
> "Microsoft Money could not update your account because you bank or brokerage
> does not have a record of it.  The account may be closed or the account
> number may have change.  Learn more."
>
> It is true that the account that cannot be updated is a closed account there
> at the bank.  So, my question is...How can i tell MS money to stop asking
> the bank for this account's information?
>
> I have only been able to figure out how to tell MS Money to query (or not
> query) a bank...I can't find out how to restrict the accounts requested from
> the bank.
>
> I am using Money SMall Business 2005

johnbusc (409)
4/30/2006 7:40:35 PM
<johnbusc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Steve,
>
> The usual method is:
>
> 1. disable online services within Money for your bank

I you have apays scheduled, stop those and do an online update before
disabling online services. Otherwise they'll continue at the bank and not
show up in Money. You can convert back to apay after reenabling online
services.

Any outstanding epays also will cease to be linked but those aren't such a
problem, since they're one-time events. When they clear, you can match
them, but you can't review status until it actually does clear.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
4/30/2006 9:32:55 PM
Chris Cowles wrote:
> I you have apays scheduled, stop those and do an online update before
> disabling online services.

Thanks for the update Chris.  I would assume it doesn't apply in the
OP's case since the account was already closed but good advice for the
"usual method" in general!

Regards,
JB

0
johnbusc (409)
4/30/2006 9:43:21 PM

> Chris Cowles wrote:
>> I you have apays scheduled, stop those and do an online update before
>> disabling online services.
>
> Thanks for the update Chris.  I would assume it doesn't apply in the
> OP's case since the account was already closed...

You probably are correct. I hadn't read that far down, was commenting on
the 'disable online services'.

0
spam_magnet (1210)

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Restricting Entering GL Accounts on the Fly from AP
We would like to restrict the ability to enter new GL accounts on the Fly during transaction entry in Accounts Payable but are unsure how to accomplish. -- Thomas J. Browne Chief Financial Officer Bellefairejcb.org Using security (Advanced of regular), if you remove access to the Financial Account Maintenance screen from the AP clerks ID, they shouln not be able to actually create a new account. When they put in an account number that does not exist, it will ask them to add, and when then click Yes, theu should get an access denied security message. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "...

Update question

Credit card accounts in Money 2007 budget
Money 2006 allowed your credit card accounts to be included in your budget, so purchases made on your credit card counted in your budget. Makes total sense to me. Money 2007 ignores credit card purchases on budgets. Tech support confirmed that this is the case in 2007, they had no idea why they did this and suggested that I create a cash account and manually duplicate each credit card transaction in that account to track expenses in my budget. That's really difficult (and error-prone) because I make most of my purchases with a credit card, I rarely use cash or checks. Has anyone found a ...

Changing account status
In an effort to have only one Administrator account on my machine (mine) I changed my wife's to a limited account. As a consequence, Outlook 2003 would not open. It said something to the effect that 'these folders could not be opened' and the server was not available. Changing it back to an Administrator's account solved the problem. What gives? ...

How update entity in post update?

Outlook Change Account Problem
The one is driving me nuts. When I set up another Pop3 account, the user information I entered, (specifically: Your Name) was entered incorrectly. I had tested it with the test function button and it worked just fine; both user name and address were sent through. I even sent an e-mail from that account to another, still OK. OK, so now I want to correct the name, but Outlook refuses to change it. I have tried deleting that account, all accounts, and deleting associated registry entries for that account, etc. No dice. The old name still appears in the message. Is there some hidden setti...

latest update too MSCFV2

Sent Items with 2 accounts
In my Outlook 2003, I have configured my office email id as well as my group email account. Whenever i sent a mail out from my group account that mail getting stored in my sent items folder. I want those mail to get stored in my group sent folder. Configure a rule to move mail to the appropriate folder on sending "mrbalaje" <mrbalaje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:177E7C94-A5B4-4DB8-9592-0CAF5D64CD26@microsoft.com... > In my Outlook 2003, I have configured my office email id as well as my > group > email account. Whenever i sent a mai...

No Account Descriptions with Mass Modify
In Release 9, I copied a range of accounts into a new department range. For example, I copied a group of 100-xxxx-xx accounts to 700-xxxx-xx. It created the new accounts but the account descriptions are blank in the new accounts. Why is that? Did I miss a setup? Hi Elaine When you use a mass modify screen to copy a range of accounts, if the segments dont have a description defined on the following screen, the description would be blank for the newly created acccounts. Tools>Setup> Financial>Segment. Please feel free to give me a shout back if you need further assistance....

Escrow Accounts in Money 2004 Deluxe
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C39C83.CCF80140 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I just set up a mortgage account with associated escrow payments for the = first time. It appears that my monthly payments are correctly allocated = to principal, interest, insurance, and taxes, but then the escrow = amounts just seem to disappear. I'd like to be able to see what the = current escrow balance is, and be able to record the transfer from = escrow account to payee when the premium or t...

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

multiple account mail duplication
I have set up 2 accounts in Windows Live Mail. Irrespective of which account incoming mail is addressed to, it gets duplicated into the other account. How do I fix it that incoming messages only hit the email account to which they are addressed without this duplication? Thanks!!!!! -- Edmund Do both accounts use the same password? It sounds like one account is an alias of the other account. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Edmund" <Edmund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F19664C-5A95-44B6-B945-7FB773E2F517@microsoft.com... > I h...

Help with Bill Pay and Merging of Account with Money 2005
I just upgraded from Money 2003, which work wonderfully. Compared to 2005, it's a great tool. I cannot get MSN Bill Pay to work correctly. It created duplicate accounts that when merged, totally messes up the original, even after I delete duplicates. Anyone have any suggestions, other than the "canned" non-technical help from the delayed Microsoft Help system? ...

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?