Unlisted Managed Fund Unit Prices

I have a number of unlisted managed funds in my portfolio
which require that I enter the unit prices manually.  I
do this typically on a monthly basis.

The unit prices are often quoted to 4 or 5 decimal
places, however when I enter them into MS Money (v12)
manually they get rounded to 3 decimal places.  This
makes it impossible to track unlisted managed funds
accurately.

This is not a display problem because the qty * price
ends up wih a significant variance to my actual holdings.

Is there a way around this problem?

Thanks
Stephen

PS.  I note that when I enter price details at the time I
buy or sell the units the price does NOT get rounded.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/10/2004 4:03:06 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Collections Management Letter functions stop working after installing GP 7.5 SP7
Hello everyone. GP 7.5 SP7 on SQL2000. I just installed SP7 and the Overdue Invoices functions in the Collections Management e-mail screen are longer working. All it prints is either None or 0.00 when the user clicks on Substitute in the E-mail window. In this case, the customer they were trying to e-mail does have overdue invoices. I installed SP7 in both our test and production companies. In the test company, it works just fine. It was a routine upgrade when I was testing it and I did not have to do anything special to make it work. What is causing this to not work all of a sudden? ...

manage outlook through gpo
I need to manage outlook(2003) users through GPO because users roam through multiple computers and each time they log on they don't have thei profile configurated. is this possible? Yes you need to look at the Office Resource kit for the GPO bits and check out http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011402691033.aspxb for roaming "Guillermo G. Lovato" <g_lovato@ubbi.com> wrote in message news:u%231cerCSGHA.5736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I need to manage outlook(2003) users through GPO because users roam through >multiple computers and each time they l...

Initialization file for File Manager
Hey Friends I created a file manager application using CListCtrl. It has 4 columns, 1. File Name 2. Date 3. Description 4. File Path I want to save the new files added to the file manager by user. So that whenever user opens the app, user can see the files selected earlier. I think it can be done using a initialization or text file. Can anyone tell me, how to save and load into a file and then to update the CListCtrl? Thanks in advance Assume a text file. On close, save the list of files as lines in the text file On open, read the text file and add the file descriptions back in....

User Manager in Deployment Manager
Hello, When i open the User Manager in the Deployment Manager, i get the following error : "Login Failed for NT AUTHORITY\Anonymous Login(80040e4d)" The web application is working fine. The setup is as follows : 1. Domain Controller and Exchange Server in one machine 2. SQL Server 2000 is in another machine 3. CRM Server running in a Windows 2000 Adv. Server is in a separate machine. All the 3 servers are in the same domain. Thanks for your time. Regards, Venkat Venkat, Check the event log on you SQL box. I'm guessing there was an issue with the authentication to SQ...

exchange system manager #8
we have two virtual servers and a front end server on view on the exchange system manager. We have created a new public folder and it is not on view for the frontend server. If we connect to both of the virtual servers via the public folder structure it can be viewed. ...

Integration manager #4
Hello, I have a question about Great plains. My company has developed client tracking software fo foster ids. We are currently developing an AP module. Currently our AP vouchers are sent to wichita(we are in Topeka), where they are hand entered into Great plains. We would like to automate this proccesss. Our application as a SQL server back end. We are looking at using Integration manager to pull the records directly from opur database. The problem we have right now is that we cannot find appropriate documentation on what the records need to "look" like in order for them to be impor...

Unlisted-recipients
I have recieved email that is addressed to me but in the body of the email it reads to Unlisted-Recipients. I know this mail delivery was part of a big list. I do understand using the BBC option to hide recipients, what I can't figure out is the Unlisted-Recipients part and how my name is the only one in the To: box. Ask the person who sent it to you - are you just curious as to how they did this? Probably a mail merge or a third party list server. Bill Legge wrote: > I have recieved email that is addressed to me but in the > body of the email it reads to Unlisted-Recipients...

Mailbox Manager #2
After upgraden our Exchange 2000/Windows 2000 to Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 our clients get no e-mail anymore form the Mailbox Management process. In the Event viewer I get the following message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9313 Date: 18-1-2004 Time: 0:08:20 User: N/A Computer: EXMAIL Description: Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager failed to send the following message: Subject: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager on EXMAIL completed processing successfully. Recipient: ........ Error: c1050000 For more inf...

Capital Gains Report: Mutual Fund
Hi, I'm trying to run a report for my mutual fund, that experienced monthly contributions, to calculate the capital gains for several redemptions i've made in 2008 for my taxes. I changed the default option (Tools->Settings->Investment Settings) and have unticked the "Track all investments as FIFO". When i run the built in "Capital Gains" repot, it appears to be calculating FIFO as it enumerates the gain/loss for each purchase transaction and summarizes it. I don't see an option for the investment/account to change/display the Cost Basis method. ...

returns management #4
I am looking to install returns management and depot management (V9). Ans therefore looking for some honest advice as to whether it is really worth implementing, rather than survive with the returns function in sales management. any comments good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks. We're struggling with the standard sales returns functionality as well. We've looked into returns management and would love to have it but can't justify the cost for our environment. It would be a great add though to be able to have real RMA functionality and an actual receipt process on retu...

Price Comparison Macro
I have a workbook with four sheets in it. On each of the first three sheets, located in cells F33:F52 and N33:N52 are unit prices. The fourth sheet is blank. I would like to know if (and how) a macro can be created that would look at the unit price in cell F33 of Sheet 1, then compare it to the unit price in F33 of Sheet 2 and F33 of Sheet three, decide which is the lowest, and place it in the cell F33 of sheet 4. Then, look at the next cell (F34) and do the same thing, etc. I am an absolute novie with VBA, but really need this. It would make my life so much easier. Thanks. Gosh...

Stock funds are days behind the real price
Why are the stock funds not been updated for days? I have stock funds from diffrent brokers (out of europe) and if i have it right this data is coming from monrningstar but this information is more then 5 days behind. Why? And will this be fixed? ...

Deployment Manager Snap-in Failed
In MSCRM 1.2 we tried to create a new Business Unit with a new name. This caused users in our original BU to have problems, so we tried to delete the new BU after moving all users back to the initla BU. In the process, MSCRM failed and we get a snap-in failure message when we try to open the Deployment Manager. We have verified within Active Directory that all users have the propoer permission. Can we simply run a reinstall to fix the snap-in failure issue? Make sure when logging into the server to run deployment manager that you log in as an administrator in the domain, not just log...

Document Management System
I would like to implement a document management system which allows users to search for files on an intranet. Ideally when you find a file/document, you should be able to note its attributes: namely features like: location, author, type of file, what other files are related to it..e.g an Excel worksheet may be related to a jpg. Secondly the system should allow you to add files onto the system...and as you add, you will allocate the various attributes of the file e.g. if its a file for Sales Department, it will have attributes such as salesperson who created it, name of department, sheet no ...

When a Project Manager shouldn't be a Project Manager.
Scenario based question: In two branches of my RBS, I have resources which typically serve as project managers, so they both belong to the Project Manager group. Resources are setup such so that one Project Manager is able to assign her team to her projects, while the other is able to assign his team to his projects. In some projects though, we mix the teams to get the job done. To do this, the Project Manager who is the owner is able to assign the other Project Manager as a resource on her project. Once done, the newly added Project Manager can then add his people as he s...

Portfolio
I am using Money 2003 to track my investments and use the "standard view" for my portfolio which includes a "Change" column to show price changes. The "Change" column shows changes to the investments I am watching (e.g. FTSE) but shows no changes on any other investment even though many are taking place. Can anyone help me fix this problem? Changes are downloaded when you go on-line to get prices. They are not calculated by Money. Not all stocks show changes on download. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.c...

Project Management with Outlook
Hi, currently we're managing our projects with Outlook tasks, how ever the more projects we get the more we get into trouble with this technique. We have considered to use MS Project Server how ever, we doubt that this is the right tool, because it has no Outlook task integration. Any thoughts? Regards, Ole Outlook wasn't really meant to be used for complex project manangement. However, there are some tools here that help supplement or link Outlook to other things: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/project_management.htm "Ole Erricson" <Ole_Erricson@hotmail.com&...

Contact Manager re-intall
After choosing not to use BCM (Business Contact Manager) when I first started with Outlook 2003 I now find myself interested in using it. How do I activate it? I have reinstalled BCM a number of times but I am probably overlooking something simple but I find there are no menu items, dialog box, comm or other add-ins that will allow me to turn it on. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Do you have an Exchange account in your profile? If so, BCM won't run. You'll have to create another profile with either a POP3 or IMAP4 account or no email account at all. Then BCM shuld lo...

Subform help for a case management database
Hi I have a case management database where there is one main form and a subform. The subform is a tab control (with 5 tabs). Within each tab control is a subform which also consists of a tab control. The key for the database is the StudentID. What I want to do is to be able to see all the subforms for a particular student. So if I choose to see all the pertinent information collected for Student01 (aka John Smith), when I navigate through the subform, only John's information will appear. The Subform has a tabcontrol based on themes. For each theme, the tabcontrol ...

Manage/administer rules
Is there a way in Exchange 2000/2003 to create rules that would apply to all users mailboxes A customer wants to create a "default" set of rules for all employees Thanks! What sort of rules are you referring to? You can use Recipient Policies to create Mailbox Manager rules. 319188 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control Mailboxes in Exchange 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319188 (This article also applies to Exchange 2003) -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: ...

Integration Manager
Is there a way to create a reversing GL JE in IM? I see a field to put the reversing date but it doesn't do anything. Seems like I must be missing a step. Thanks. OOOPPPPS! This Q was already posted and answered. Sorry. "patfinn_98" wrote: > Is there a way to create a reversing GL JE in IM? I see a field to put the > reversing date but it doesn't do anything. Seems like I must be missing a > step. > > Thanks. ...

Not able to shutdown/restart IE 8 using restart manager
I am handling an activeX control which needs to be reinstalled even when it is being used by IE. I am using Restart Manager to achieve this on windows 7. What I observed is that IE simply reloads the tab that uses my activeX control when I call RmShutdown(), so I am not able to re-install the control. And RmRestart() simply returns without any error. Please help me how I can re-install the activeX control by temporarily shutting down apps which are using it and restarting them once the installation is done. Thanks. Hi Varaha, Application Mutex "varaha" <vara...

Remove items from "Update Price" window
My uncle uses Money 2006 and has been trying to figure out how to prevent old investments from showing up in the "Update Price" window when he wants to update an investment manually. It's really just an annoyance and makes it take longer to search through the list to find the one he needs. In microsoft.public.money, N1tr0 wrote: >My uncle uses Money 2006 and has been trying to figure out how to prevent old >investments from showing up in the "Update Price" window when he wants to >update an investment manually. It's really just an annoyance and mak...

Managing Tasks and Projects in Outlook
Hi, I am curiuous to hear about the best way to manage tasks and projects in Outlook. Currently I manage projects by either setting up a task and constantly updating it with notes, or by setting up a folder and placing project e-mail messagges into the folder. I'm hoping there is an easier way to handle the management. I am also interested to hear of any Outlook add-ons or plug-in's that can help me with Task/Project Management. As far as stand alone programs are concerned, I have tried Microsoft Project, but it seems like overkill to me. Thanks for your help. ccesena@redwoodcity....

Integration Manager+Receivable Management+Batches
I have used the Integration Manager to import my history in to the Receivables Module. This has created many batches that begin with "RMCSH". Can I safely remove these batches without affecting my Receivables balances? ...