Undo account download

My wife for some reason decided to download account information from our
financial institution.  After she did it, everything we have so meticuloously
entered up to this point is now marked with a generic POS Trasnaction or some
other garbled infromation that is useless to us.  Is there a way to undo this
account download?
0
brodiemac (19)
1/18/2008 12:22:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, brodiemac wrote:

>My wife for some reason decided to download account information from our
>financial institution.  After she did it, everything we have so meticuloously
>entered up to this point is now marked with a generic POS Trasnaction or some
>other garbled infromation that is useless to us.  Is there a way to undo this
>account download?

File->Restore.

Money 2006 and later keep 4 time-stamped backups by default, and the
default can be changed.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Undo save?
Hello people! I have a user who inadvertently saved his workbook after deleting a worksheet. I was wondering if there was a way to restore his file to the previous version when he last saved his file. I know there exists the backup copy function, but I am still curious to know if there is a way to backup in the file modification history after a save. (and a bad modification). Thanks! Louisp -- louisp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ louisp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25880 View this thread: htt...

How to safely remove a bank account from showing up?
I just installed Money 2005 with the intention of tracking my personal finances only. I have a full business accounting solution for tracking my business accounts. However, my personal *and* business bank accounts are all with the same bank, and when I entered the online access information for my bank, it brought up a list of ALL my accounts. I don't want to confuse my business accounts with my personal, nor do I even want to see them here in Money. I just want to see and track my personal. So, I right clicked on one of the business accounts from the Account list, and saw an option...

GP 9.0 Year-end and Variable Allocation Accounts
This year we defined variable allocation accounts which have worked well for us. However, we find at year-end that, after setting up the new fiscal year, we cannot use these accounts to post into the new year. And, once the previous year is closed, we cannot use these accounts to back-post into the historical year either. We need one or the other of these capabilities. Q1 - Why does GP impose this restriction and Q2 - is there a workaround that can be suggested? Thanks. -- BizTech I cannot answer Q1, but for Q2, the workaround would be to not close the GL until you have all trx p...

Account balance not equal to account register
My checking account balance does not equal my account register. I tried the repair feature of Money 2004 but it didn't fix this problem. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >My checking account balance does not equal my account >register. I tried the repair feature of Money 2004 but >it didn't fix this problem. Any ideas? There are two balances in your Money 2004 register -- Today's and Ending. The Ending balance should match the Account list. I am not sure of what inconsistency you are seeing. See if Money 2004 register gives different balance w...

Accrued Purchases account
We have 4 sites that vendors will deliver product to. We also have Accrued Purchase accounts setup for each site. When we recieve product the inventory account segment for the site updates to the correct ID. Is there a way to have the other distribution accounts (i.e. Accrued Purchases) update as well? Thanks Does each vendor send product to the multiple sites? If not, then you could set vendor card to post using 'purchasing offset' account' Cards >> Purchasing >> Vendor >> Options Then enter the accrued acct you want in the accrued purchases field C...

Undo Posting to AP
Is there a procedure to undo a posting to AP. If not how can I revers the charge? About the only thing you can do is pull up the AP transaction and void it. It'll reverse out the GL entry it creates for you. "Vic Abrahamian" <VicAbrahamian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D153CA-C8A9-4827-BDA2-EF43BE417ED8@microsoft.com... > Is there a procedure to undo a posting to AP. If not how can I revers the > charge? > ...

separate email accounts
How can I change my email accounts to separate accounts. now when someone sends an email to me or my husband it comes in the same inbox. we want separate in and out mail Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? Dale <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07e401c3a93d$bc61c890$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I change my email accounts to separate accounts. > now when someone sends an email to me or my husband it > comes in the same inbox. we want separate in and out mail > ...

Multiple Accounts
Can multiple accounts be linked to an Opportunity? I work in the construction industry and there are always multiple accounts associated with an opportunity (project). I would also like to be able to report on these relationships by opportunity. Please let me know. Thanks! You can only assign on account but you're able to specify additional account-opportunity relationships. They're available in settings/relationship roles. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for. The typical workaround to specify additional accounts is a helper entity that links to accounts and conta...

Undo a catlogue merge?
I am making a booklet and was playing with the catalogue merge thing. I've decided not to do what i need to do that way but now whenever I open that file it keeps asking me about merging that file. How do i make it stop doing that? It took me a long time to get the master pages set up the way I want them and get some of the stuff placed right. Can somebody help this noobie? Annie Open your document, tell it to open without the data source. Tools - Mail and Catalog Merge - Cancel Merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsof...

Asset Account Disappeared
I upgraded Money to Money 2005 and now the Asset account that I had setup for my house is not displayed in my account list and is not counted towards my Total Account Balance. If I go to the Loan Account that I have setup for my home loan, there is a link that says "Go to <name of asset account>" and it takes me to the asset account. If I go to the asset account it shows everything correctly and gives me a link to "Go to loan". Is there a way to fix this? ...

Multiple Interest Rates on the Same Credit Card Account
Has anyone figured out how to differentiate between different interest rates (i.e. Purchases at 10%, Cash Advances at 20%) in Microsoft Money 2002? Help! The debt reduction planner is not all that helpful with out this key piece of information!! ...

how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragra
how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragraph. i need to have all subsequent paras indented. in my previous version of word when i set this in 'special' indent, i could easily undo that on any paragraph by using backspace. i am using word 2007. Open your normal.dotx template from within Word (using the Open command in the Office button), select the paragraph mark in the otherwise blank typing area (Show Non-Printing Characters: Ctrl- Shift-8), and apply the style Normal. Save the template. The next time you make a new document, the cursor will be at...

Inactivate Accounts
I want to inactivate a couple of hundred of accounts that we don’t use any more due to some branch closures. Our account string consists of 4 segments and the second segment denotes the branch. Unfortunately you can not do this via Mass Modify since you can not use wildcards for the main accounts segment (first segment). I know you can only inactivate an account if it has a zero current balance. It will take me hours to open each account in Account Maintenance and inactivate them one by one. What I was thinking of doing is run a trial balance for each branch to make sure there are n...

Project Accounting Forecast by month?
Does GP's PA module allow for forecasts by month? If so, is there a report that exists to show? If not, what is the table (s) this infomation resides in? Thanks! ...

Account Limit Notification to administrator and user #3
I can configure the exchange server so that when a user account is nearing its quota limit an email is sent notifying the user. I need to have the same message go to the administratrator as well. Anybody knows how to do this????? ...

Account Record Changing?
We have a Customer Maintenance question that we cannot figure out, hoping for insight from more experienced users. Sometimes the Bill To and Ship To defaults in the Customer Record change to the last one used on an order, and we can't figure out how. The only party that really uses that record is Accounting, and they claim ignorance. Does anyone know how those might change from another entry or posting transaction? ...

Color coding incoming email by account
It seems to me I used to be able to do this. I would like for incoming email from one account to be one color (red), while incoming email from another account is another color (blue). I can't seem to find this in any of the menus. ...

Responding to e-mails, Outlook not using my default e-mail account(s)
Hello, sure hope I can get some help on this. I am in an office using Exchange (and Outlook 2003) and I have three e-mail accounts set up. My Exchange account is listed as my first (and default) one in the list, followed by two POP accounts. The second POP account is my work account and the third/final POP account is my personal e-mail account. When I go to send an e-mail, it uses my Exchange account (as I believe it should). But when I respond to ANY e-mail (no matter which account the e-mail was sent to) it ALWAYS uses my personal account to send from (which is really not a good thing gi...

undo a macro
Hello. I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or workbook can be captured prior to running a macro so that the results of the macro can be undone by using the the undo button. -- Thanks, Mike Hi Mike, Look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip23.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mike Archer" <MikeArcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC161A31-95C1-4DC8-9FC2-2AC3F68FF3BB@microsoft.com... > Hello. I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or > workbook > can ...

Ability to inherit Contact addresses from Account
Just wondering if there is a way to inherit the Account's primary address when creating a related Contact to that Account. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Dale ...

Problems Sending Via IMAP Account
I am desperately hoping someone can help because this is sending me nuts and I shall be eternally grateful. I am running Windows XP with Outlook 2003 and I have an Exchange account and an IMAP account. I do not connect regularly to the Exchange Server - I don't really need to. When I have an internet connection (but not necessarily a connection to the Exchange Server) I can receive mails for the IMAP account with no problem at all using 'send / receive'. However, I cannot send from the IMAP account. The mail goes into the Exchange outbox (which I understand is correct) but never ...

Pension Account?
Hi, I am trying to set up a pension account in Money 2005 without much success. My employer runs a salary sacrifice scheme and I have been a member since 2004. Can anyone offer a step by step guide or point me to a good web site that will show me how to set this up? Regards Sean I guess this means that you sacrifice an amount each month into the scheme. This is transferred to another account - so setup a retirement account first. With each payment (ie, the sacrifice), transfer the money into the 'cash' part of this account. The best way would be to transfer it from your paysl...

Money 2005 will not download statements.
I have tried for several days to update my accounts that are connected to their banks. After hitting the sync button up top and waiting, the only thing that works is the stock updates. None of the bank statement will download and I get a dialog box stating that the update has failed. I have tried to delete temporary internet files and even download the statements directly from the web sites with no results. This problem is different from the statments downloading but not being able to view them. They just simply wont download. Same thing happend to me... My bank/credit card accoun...

VBA- Undo?
v2007 Is there no Application.Undo in PPT? If not, has anyone had success using another strategy in VBA for reversing the last action a user did in a slide edit? Thanks, Melina You can call on the Undo button using the following code: Application.CommandBars.ExecuteMso "Undo" - Chirag PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html "Mel" <mel.turco@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:89f5064e-0901-428a-bdce-9d61f1d2cce0@15g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > v2007 > > I...

New identities/accounts
I have 2 identities on OE and when I go through Message > Accounts > Add etc. I fill in the details and the new account shows in the accounts panels but the Inbox, Sent Items etc. don't show in the main OE screen. Does OE only allow two identities? BTW, for hotmail (actually, an address ending in .live.co.uk) should I use POP3 and SMTP? Which ports? WTIA. You are confusing Identities and Accounts. You can have one or more identities (File, Identities) each identity can have one ore more accounts (Tools, Accounts). Identities are used to keep mail separate as...