Unable to read downloaded transactions on Money 2003

I am using Money 2003 on win XP. I have had no problems
viewing downloaded transactions before. Over the last few
days, I have not been able to read downloaded
transactions especially in one of my bank accounts.  It
keeps saying that I have transactions to view but they do
not show up in the register.

Based on what I have read in this message board, I have
cleaned out my internet explorer temp files and I have
run "msmoney -s".

I am still having problems. In fact, when I run "msmoney -
s" then program crashes and asks me to send an error
report to microsoft.

Thanks for any help that you could provide.
0
anonymous (74722)
1/27/2004 5:07:39 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I've had this EXACT same problem over the last few days.
I ran a "super salvage" that said it fixed the problem,
but it didn't (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=kb;en-us;q274584).  I looked through the google
archive of this board and found a link to that.

Here's a RANT for anybody at msft (and should probably go
into its own thread):  I've used this product since
version "97" and ALWAYS have ended up with corrupted
files.  Always.  I've also always thought that if I
upgraded, maybe my files will not get corrupted anymore.
No such luck.  I have other issues I've lived with, but
I'm giving up.

mg

0
goos_here (3)
1/27/2004 5:25:37 AM
With Money closed, right mouse click on the Internet Explorer icon on your
Desktop and choose Properties. On the General tab and in the Temporary
Internet files section, click the Delete Files...button, and then click OK.
Close the Internet Properties window and restart Money. Try downloading your
statements again. If you are prompted to review items, can you now see them?

--
Regards,
Kim Renna

I will no longer respond to direct email unless I have requested it.
Please post to the newsgroups so that others may benefit from your
questions.

The MVP program does not constitute employment or contractual obligation
with Microsoft Corporation.

"Matthew Goos" <goos_here@hotmail.spammemoreplease.com> wrote in message
> I've had this EXACT same problem over the last few days.
> I ran a "super salvage" that said it fixed the problem,
> but it didn't (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
> scid=kb;en-us;q274584).  I looked through the google
> archive of this board and found a link to that.
>
> Here's a RANT for anybody at msft (and should probably go
> into its own thread):  I've used this product since
> version "97" and ALWAYS have ended up with corrupted
> files.  Always.  I've also always thought that if I
> upgraded, maybe my files will not get corrupted anymore.
> No such luck.  I have other issues I've lived with, but
> I'm giving up.
>
> mg

I did this (based on information for similar problems in other postings)
with no luck.  I also 'deleted' the statements from the account page (by
right clicking on the statement and deleting) -- also with no luck.

"Kimberly Renna-Griego" <Kimberly_Smith@no_spam.msn.com> wrote in message
With Money closed, right mouse click on the Internet Explorer icon on your
Desktop and choose Properties. On the General tab and in the Temporary
Internet files section, click the Delete Files...button, and then click OK.
Close the Internet Properties window and restart Money. Try downloading your
statements again. If you are prompted to review items, can you now see them?

--
Regards,
Kim Renna
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Products

I will no longer respond to direct email unless I have requested it.
Please post to the newsgroups so that others may benefit from your
questions.

The MVP program does not constitute employment or contractual obligation
with Microsoft Corporation.

"Matthew Goos" <goos_here@hotmail.spammemoreplease.com> wrote in message
> I've had this EXACT same problem over the last few days.
> I ran a "super salvage" that said it fixed the problem,
> but it didn't (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
> scid=kb;en-us;q274584).  I looked through the google
> archive of this board and found a link to that.
>
> Here's a RANT for anybody at msft (and should probably go
> into its own thread):  I've used this product since
> version "97" and ALWAYS have ended up with corrupted
> files.  Always.  I've also always thought that if I
> upgraded, maybe my files will not get corrupted anymore.
> No such luck.  I have other issues I've lived with, but
> I'm giving up.
>
> mg

0
goos_here (3)
1/27/2004 7:11:45 PM
Will, I fixed my problem, maybe it will work for you (and everyone else who
seems to 'suddenly' have this problem -- what's up with that???)
1)  through windows explorer, make a copy of your current (corrupted) mny
file (for sanity in case everything below really doesn't solve your
problems)
2)  Open money and from the account page, delete ALL unread statements (next
to the account name there should by a hyperlink; right click on the link and
choose delete).  If money crashes on you anywhere during this step, re-open
it and complete.  Once ALL statements have been deleted, close money.  Make
sure that the money scheduler thing isn't running in the background.
3)  download/install super salvage (per instructions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q274584 -- if the
link doesn't work, goto support.microsoft.com and in the search field type
"q274584")
4)  Run the salvage program (be sure to save to a new name)
5)  Clear your IE cache (there are numerous posts in this group with
instruction on how to do this)
6)  Start money with the new (post salvage) file. My file is pswd protected,
so from the startup/password page I could choose file-open-newFile.  I'm not
sure what will happen if your file isn't password protected.  I think I read
somewhere in these posts that you could start a different file from the
command line (c:\program files\microsoft money\system\msmoney
[myNewFile.mny]).
7)  At this point, I forced a download from my financial institutions.  I
could read statements again and I did not seem to be missing any
transactions (based on a very quick comparison to the information on my
bank's website)
8)  backup everything
9)  Convert to Quicken (which is what I'm going to do; I'm thinking 7 years
of dealing with these types of problems is enough -- I'm a bit slow
sometimes.  Since my money file gets corrupted every year or so, it isn't
like I have 7 years of continuous data, so I'm hoping that the switch will
be not too bad)

I wish you the best and hope that this will solve problems.
[search terms for others with this problem]
crash cannot read downloaded statements download corrupt corrupted
transaction XP Home send report
AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 11.0.0.716 ModName: mnyob99.dll
ModVer: 11.0.0.716 Offset: 00174a6e

"Will Song" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am using Money 2003 on win XP. I have had no problems
viewing downloaded transactions before. Over the last few
days, I have not been able to read downloaded
transactions especially in one of my bank accounts.  It
keeps saying that I have transactions to view but they do
not show up in the register.

Based on what I have read in this message board, I have
cleaned out my internet explorer temp files and I have
run "msmoney -s".

I am still having problems. In fact, when I run "msmoney -
s" then program crashes and asks me to send an error
report to microsoft.

Thanks for any help that you could provide.

0
goos_here (3)
1/28/2004 4:45:46 PM
Matthew, you are a genius!!  Thank you for the help.  It
finally worked.  I did not know that this was such a
recurring problem with Money.  I was a former Quicken
user and decided to try Money because I thought it might
be easier.  Maybe I was wrong...

Thanks again!

0
anonymous (74722)

Importing Outlook data into Access 2003
I recently reinstalled Office 2003 and have encountered the following problem: I want to import my contacts in Outlook into an Access 2003 database. When I go to File/Get External data, there is no option to import from Outlook. In fact, the only choices I'm given are Microsoft Access, Windows Sharepoint Services, XML and ODBC databases. How can I enable the options I've had in past installations of Access? Thanks in advance, Pic Select Full install instead of typical Pieter "Pic" <compuBUTNOTTHIStoot@att.net> wrote in message news:uqqbh3t26icr6bo0httq2b6640b78pq56...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

Outlook 2003 Cant get to newsgroups
I dragged the NEWS icon from tools/customize/commands/go to the GO button on the tool bar. It worked fine then I got on a newsgroup and a posting that read "payback" multiple times. I didnot open the attachment. Next time I tryied to go to NEWS it was not there. How can I get newsgroup access back? Tryied reinstalling Outlook2003 and Office 2003 with no luck. Expect the answer to be in registry. Help please. I got the similar problem and got the fix. Here is what you need to do: - add the NEWS button under Go menu - accept Outlook Express is your default NEWS client - c...

Money 2007 E-Pay
Noticed this morning when I was paying my bills this anomaly. Perhaps I am missing something. Scenario: Paying a credit card bill. In Money 2004 (my previous version of Money) I would use Credit Card as the category and in the subcategory use the particular credit card account I was paying. Worked great. Money 2007, there is a new category named Credit Cards/Transfer. When selecting this there are no payee categories listed. However further down the list is another category named Credit Card. Using Credit Card shows the various payees. Not sure what the difference is between Credit C...

Amex download issue
1/23/2005 was the last date that my American Express credit card account downloaded into Money (2004). Prior to that it happened automatically daily. I went to the American Express website and downloaded an ofx file - named ofx.ofx - and upon clicking on it and making sure that the account matched, money reported that the info was imported correctly. But it wasn't. There are still no account register entrees past 1/23/2005 (and yes there was activity beyond that date). Any ideas would be appreciated. thx Just spoke to Amex - they are having tech issues and are aware of the...

rules and alerts after read
I want to create rules where emails are sent to particular folders after they have been read. How do I do this? The rules and alerts section in my outlook 2003 version doesn't seem to allow me to do this. Rules act on mail when received or sent, not after being read. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Turtle asked: | I want to create rules where emails are sent to particular folders | after they have been...

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

Nested schema bug? Project compiles, but doesn't read XML properly
We've run into an issue with VS2005 (at least I *think* it's an issue with Visual Studio) and one of our XML dataset schemas. We're trying to add a nested XML element to an existing element, but even though the project compiles fine, the XML document is not being read into a dataset properly. This is a trimmed-down sample of our current (working) XML document: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <AppMasterDataset xmlns="..."> <Aspects> <Key>...</Key> <Label>...</Label> <Aspect> ...

Recurring Transactions or Repeat Sales
Hi Is there a way to process recurring transactions or repeat sales in Store Operations or is there any third party add on available for this purpose? We have a computer store and offer service contracts to our customers for which we bill them on regular basis either monthly or quarterly. At the moment we just have to make a not of when their next bill is due and then we enter the transaction the store operations. Ues a program Called ESC from costal Computer corporation. That is what it is made for. Rick, We are currently implementing ConnectWise PSA (connectwise.com). It is ...

Pocket Money for Smartphones
Does anyone know if there are any plans to create a version of pocket money that is compatible with smartphones running Mobile 2003? It's really a pain that mobile Money doesn't work on any smartphones! ...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Conversion from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer and it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data" files (active as well as archive) so I can resume using them with my new computer? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Have a great day, except you spammers To email, remove the obvious ....... On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:10:00 -1000, Les <lester123_nospam@att.net> wrote: > Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer > and > it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data&qu...

Multiple Account Download from One Financial Instituition
Hi, I have at one brokerage mutliple accounts (individual, joint, 401K, roll-over etc). In Money they are all separate accounts. When I connect with the brokerage I am only able to connect to one type of account (in this case retirement). How can I download multiple accounts from a brokerage (when not all have the same URL). Please email me your reply. Thanks Sandeep ...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Outlook 2003 not displaying multipart/mixed messages properly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C49BFC.AB34E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know that Outlook is known for having problems displaying = multipart/mixed messages but this is just weird. I am using Outlook 2003 with a POP email account and occasionally with = an email that has been exchanged a few times already and I will send out = a reply and when the person replies back to me what they wrote no longer = appears in the email. I basically get back a copy of the email I sent =...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

Reports in Money Small Business 2004
Since "upgrading" from Money SB 2002 to SB 2004, when I run a Sales Analysis Report (ie, "All Projects" or any project for that matter) . . . NONE of the sales/invoices are included (except as $zero) for the dates BEFORE I "upgraded" the software. The paid (or unpaid) invoice (s) for all of the projects are still there, showing the correct amount of money, they are not, however included in ANY type of report I try to run. In other words, I can ONLY get totals within a report SINCE I "upgraded" (since 6/1/04). IF I were to run any sales reports...

I want to read,but:
The web display: Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed. could you tell how to access another web like this? "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:eDQ5RlJmEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > The web display: > Directory Listing Denied > This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed. > could you tell how to access another web like this? > > looks like the link got wrapped, you may have to copy it out and put it back together... or you could try this: http://tinyurl.com/3mtvv ...