Unable to login using passport to MS Money 2005.

I reinstalled my OS. Previously I has Money 2004.

With the new OS, I installed Money 2005 and opened my existing money file. I
always get login failed.

If I create a new money file, my passport works.

Regards,
Xavier
0
Xavier (19)
12/8/2004 4:43:05 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Using Money 98 in a virtual PC
I have used Money 98 for a good many years and am attached to it. It has run in 98, 2000, and XP without a hitch. I now have a 64 bit Windows 7 machine with a virtual PC installed which operates on XP as its operating system. I have my Money 98 installed there, but in that environment it runs with glacial slowness and I don't know why. All of the other apps I have in that VPC run just fine. I did notice that instead of using My Money.mny it uses My Money XP.mny. I can't imagine why that would cause slowing. Can anyone tell me where to look for answers? Thanks In microsoft....

Money automatically assigns splits
How do I stop Money 2006 from automatically assigning splits based on a past transaction ? E.g. if I go to Costco and spend $50 on groceries and $20 on misc, next time I download transactions from my credit card and the Payee is Costco, Money automatically enters splits ($50 groceries and $20 misc), even though the downloaded transaction has a different amount altogether... Does anybody know how to stop this stupid behavior ? And, how to prevent Money from automatically assigning categories to the downloaded transactions ? Thanks ! Don't download transaction data? That was the seriou...

Using Autocorrect to remove spaces
Hi, I am looking at how to remove extra spaces, and have been thinking about using Autocorrect. I have been reading another thread which suggested; For Each cell In Selection cell.Value = WorksheetFunction.Trim(cell.Text) Next What I have been using is; With Application.AutoCorrect .AddReplacement "Want", "Replace" End With Works well within a loop changing any "Replace" text with "Want". Something I didn't get Substitute to do correctly within a loop. What I can't get AutoCorrect to do though is work with spaces, so...

Unable to open calendar

Sa Login Error
Dear All, Recently on our test machine the password for sa was rest in the db. Now when I am trying to connect to my CRM application it is giving me an error, which in event viewer is : --------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: RLSERVICE Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 6/22/2008 Time: 11:47:46 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER02 Description: Start: Login failed for user 'sa'. ----------- How can this be resolved? ...

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

using for-next index in range variable
MSDN seems to say that range values must be written in the A1 format. I need to compare a value in column D (sample IDs) of worksheet import and compare it to column A (location) of worksheet data. If the values are equal I need to set a cell in worksheet data equal to the sum of columns I:M in the same row that the sample ID = the location. Will something like this work: If worksheet(import).cell[D"i"] = worksheet(data).cell[A"j"] then worksheet(data).cell[k,j] = sum(worksheet(import).[I"i":M"i"] Is there a different, perhaps easier way to do this? ...

Upgrading from Money 2006 Trial
Greetings, I originally installed from a trial download and just purchased Money 2006 Delux on CD from a store near me (Staples). Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not I need to actually install the software from the CD, or if its as simple as entering a license key somewhere? If I install from the CD will it automatically recognize all of the accounts I already set up? Thanks "tfritsch" <tfritsch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8595F50C-11FB-4F0D-A89F-A3CE4EF904DE@microsoft.com... > Greetings, > > I originally installed from a trial ...

using embedded .xsd vs file based .xsd
I am thinking of embedding my schemas as embedded resources instead of reading it using URI at run-time. I came across some snags while trying to do just that such as, previously unknown to me, XmlValidatingReader.Schemas.Add was using XmlValidatingReader.Resolver to resolve my schemas using the URI method. Resolver property was never set, so the reader simply ignored any external references even though one of the schema explicitly imports the other one. I verified this by removing the referred schema from the schema collection, and the code chugged along fine. But when I changed the code to ...

Using "OR" in an IF statement
I am trying to use the command OR in an If statement and I am having no luck. In Lotus 123 I could string commands by using #OR# to produce a common result. For example: =IF(J3="INVEST" #OR# IF(K3 = "INVEST",1,"NO")) I can't seem to make this work in Excel. Can anyone provide me with a correction? Doug, Like this =IF(OR(J3="Invest",K3="Invest"),"The true condition","the false condition") If the true or false condition is numeric then drop the quotes -- Mike When competing hypotheses are other...

Run a Query using VBA without User Interface
Hello, I have a VBA Macro that Opens an Append Query (see below), which works great, except for the end user has to answer the following MsAccess prompts: 1) You are about to run an append query that will modify data in your table. (They have to click Yes) 2) You are about to append 1 row(s). (They have to click Yes) I'd rather them not have to answer either question. Instead I'd like the Append Query to run and do what it's asked without any human intervention. Can this be done? Please help! VBA Macro Code: DoCmd.OpenQuery "tblTask_List Query", acViewNorm...

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

MS Money bacdkup issue
I backed up MS Money before I refromatted my HD. I installed Money after reformatting an am trying to restore with the backup. It is asking me for a password before it will do the restore. I don't have a record of ever creating one and I am usually pretty good about keeping track of that stuff. Futhermore, it isn't letting me continue when I try to use the obvious passwords that I almost always use on things like this. I am not even sure how to ask Microsoft to reset the password. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I just restored a backup on mine, and u...

how to use cursor to navigate active cells
With our Excel 2003, I could navigate to different cells by using the cursor keys. The cursor up key moved the active cell up. Left, right and down moved the active cell in the appropriate direction. I could select multiple cells by holding the shift key down and using the cursor keys to start selecting large groups of cells. Now, with Excel 2007, the cursor keys move the sheet around in the window, instead of moving the active cell in the indicated direction. I have found no way to select multiple cells. How can I get my Excel 2007 cursor keys to move the active cell, instead of moving t...

Importing an Excel file into Money
I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could download directly into Money (or Quicken) there is a monthly charge to do this. I don't want to use Money or Quicken to pay my bills, simply to organize my finances better. I am able to download my account data into Excel. Is there anyway I can import from Excel into Money? I tried doing this using the import feature, but nothing happened when I selected the Excel file and clicked import (no error messages or anything). In microsoft.public.money, Cruzin wrote: >I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could >...

Upgrade from Money 7.0 to Money 2007
I have a client that's currently using Money 99 Personal & Business (version 7.0). They would like to upgrade to Money 2007 Premium. -They no longer need the business portion. Is this upgrade possible? Can anyone describe any problems they might encounter? Thanks! -- www.ECKinc.com In microsoft.public.money, ECKinc wrote: >I have a client that's currently using Money 99 Personal & Business (version >7.0). They would like to upgrade to Money 2007 Premium. -They no longer >need the business portion. Is this upgrade possible? Can anyone describe >any ...

Unable to conect

Running Total in report using net of two columns in third column
I have a client time/fees database of over 22k records. I have a report which provided a summary of all time booke and all fees charges to that client. What I require is two additional columns the first which provides a running total of time bookings and the second which provides a running total of the net of the time booked field less the fees charged field, i.e. the net of time bookings which have not been invoiced. I can do this in excel but in access I appear to be getting data from other clients which should not be included in the report. What type of field are you usin...

Using secondary email when distributing a Campaign Activity
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to use the marketing list's member primary AND secondary emails when send a email mass mailout from a campaign activity. I believe we could do it using the sdk, but am not sure how (plug-in, workflow?) Has anyone achieved this somehow? Thanks Hi Fred, Yes, our latest VEM (Vizola eMarketing Addin) module has this feature, please checkout http://www.vizola.com/vem - you can download and try the evaluation version - it also includes all the template usage + tracking and bounce features you need. On the COMPOSE EMAIL screen you are presented w...

Printing in MS Publisher 2003
I support a department that uses Publisher to create its monthly calendar. The secretary creates the base calendar, then e-mails it to the department members for them to add their own events. The secretary has a network printer as her default. The department members have local printers as their default (in fact, two users only have one printer configured in their respective "Printers and Faxes"). The two users in question print the calendar, after saving it to their local machine, and it prints to the secretary's network printer. Mousing over the print icon in the tool...