Unable to connect to online quote server

I'm not getting quotes this morning, is anyone else seeing this
problem?
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Same here. Probably too much traffic.
<g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm not getting quotes this morning, is anyone else seeing this
> problem?

0
nospam7515 (2084)
3/23/2009 3:16:49 PM
Having the same problem here.  The message I get when checking msn network
status is: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

Also it refers to IIs services problem and that the site does not exist.  I
can post the whole page is anyone is interested.

JC

On Mar 23, 1:07=A0pm, "JC" <handccomput...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Having the same problem here. =A0The message I get when checking msn netw=
ork
> status is: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
>
> Also it refers to IIs services problem and that the site does not exist. =
=A0I
> can post the whole page is anyone is interested.
>
> JC<g.m.cox.m...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I'm not getting quotes this morning, is anyone else seeing this
> > problem?- Hide quoted text -

My money just started updating... guess they got it fixed.
The quotes server has been down all day, except perhaps for a few minutes
this morning. What a day for no portfolio updating!

Dave
In microsoft.public.money, Dave M. <Dave
M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The quotes server has been down all day, except perhaps for a few minutes
>this morning. What a day for no portfolio updating!

It worked for me the 4 times I did
Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesNow today.

Are you using Money Plus on an XP machine with IE7 installed, or
what?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/23/2009 9:56:08 PM
In message <c81gs4l4t7035eehe2hne7l9gd323nlhod@4ax.com>, Cal Learner--
MVP <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> writes
>In microsoft.public.money, Dave M. <Dave
>M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>The quotes server has been down all day, except perhaps for a few minutes
>>this morning. What a day for no portfolio updating!
>
>It worked for me the 4 times I did
>Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesNow today.
>
>Are you using Money Plus on an XP machine with IE7 installed, or
>what?

It is not down but has been 'difficult' today timing out connections.
I have been able to get prices downloaded after three or four attempts
in quick succession. Tedious - but worse things happen...

--
Martin Beenham (martin dot beenham at hotmail dot co dot uk)
0

Today, it didn't want to work... but I've found, as with many things, a
reboot makes it work again.

Any other suggestions appreciated!

Today, it didn't seem to work

In microsoft.public.money, Rick Sparks wrote:

>That [Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesNow presumably] won't work for me as I'm past the expiration date for online services.

Are you talking about MSN Money / MoneyCentral, or what?

>..... but quote updating seems to continue, and, in general, works pretty
>well whenever I start up Money 2006 on WinXP.
>
>Today, it didn't want to work... but I've found, as with many things, a
>reboot makes it work again.
>
>Any other suggestions appreciated!
>

>Today, it didn't seem to work
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Dave M. <Dave
>> M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >The quotes server has been down all day, except perhaps for a few minutes
>> >this morning. What a day for no portfolio updating!
>>
>> It worked for me the 4 times I did
>>  today.
>>
>> Are you using Money Plus on an XP machine with IE7 installed, or
>> what?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/23/2009 11:40:26 PM
I have the application MS Money Deluxe 2006.
I don't go online via MS Passport

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Rick Sparks wrote:
>
> >That [Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesNow presumably] won't work for me as I'm past the expiration date for online services.
>
> Are you talking about MSN Money / MoneyCentral, or what?
>
> >..... but quote updating seems to continue, and, in general, works pretty
> >well whenever I start up Money 2006 on WinXP.
> >
> >Today, it didn't want to work... but I've found, as with many things, a
> >reboot makes it work again.
> >
> >Any other suggestions appreciated!
> >

> >Today, it didn't seem to work
> >
> >"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> >> It worked for me the 4 times I did
> >>  today.
> >>
> >> Are you using Money Plus on an XP machine with IE7 installed, or
> >> what?

Hi, Cal -

The server is now up and running fune. Just FYI - I'm running Win XP + IE8.
The problem was definitely with the server, however.

Dave

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Dave M. <Dave
> M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >The quotes server has been down all day, except perhaps for a few minutes
> >this morning. What a day for no portfolio updating!
>
> It worked for me the 4 times I did
> Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesNow today.
>
> Are you using Money Plus on an XP machine with IE7 installed, or
> what?

0
DaveM518 (75)
3/24/2009 1:41:01 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Rick Sparks wrote:

>I have the application MS Money Deluxe 2006.
>I don't go online via MS Passport

Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesNow does not need
LiveID/Passport.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Rick Sparks wrote:
>>
>> >That [Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesNow presumably] won't work for me as I'm past the expiration date for online services.
>>
>> Are you talking about MSN Money / MoneyCentral, or what?
>>
>> >..... but quote updating seems to continue, and, in general, works pretty
>> >well whenever I start up Money 2006 on WinXP.
>> >
>> >Today, it didn't want to work... but I've found, as with many things, a
>> >reboot makes it work again.
>> >
>> >Any other suggestions appreciated!
>> >

>> >Today, it didn't seem to work

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/24/2009 2:39:25 AM
No..... I didn't say it did...
What I do get is an expiration notice to upgrade because my online services
have expired... and it doesn't update stock prices.... but it will on its'
own, generally, if I just wait.

So... other than wait for MS Money Deluxe to update prices on its' own
(which it generally does), is there any other way to do it??

Thanks for your help... I'm trying to be as clear as I can.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Rick Sparks wrote:
>
> >I have the application MS Money Deluxe 2006.
> >I don't go online via MS Passport
>
> Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesNow does not need
> LiveID/Passport.

> >> Are you talking about MSN Money / MoneyCentral, or what?

0
Sparks (6)

"stronger" or "more powerful" repair for PST files than SCANPST?
I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003 crashing frequently and unpredictably and with Outlook sometimes hanging while starting up. In the latter case, I need to use Task Manager to stop the Outlook.pst process and then restart. I run SCANPST very frequently, several times a day, because of all the crashes. Sometimes Outlook stalls on startup right after I've run SCANPST. Other times, Outlook crashes after only a few minutes of usage, right after a SCANPST. So I'm wondering if one of the expensive commercial Outlook repair utilities can fix my problem(s). I would have to pay f...

Purchase Order "Ship to" Contact Name
Our purchasing agent has pointed out that she has never had the "CONTACT LINE" for the SHIP TO ADDRESS to ever show up on the POs. Where does this pull from? It was initially shown as coming from POP_PRINT DOC LIST_TEMP. I attempted to pull in from PO_POP, still nothing and then again, tried to create a calculated field from POP_Print Doc List_Temp. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. You can always pull the Vendor Contact field from the PM Address Master table. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximum...

Outlook 2002 SP2 automatic update of server rules
Laides and Gentlemen, after installing outlook 2002 on the computer I have the problem that the generated rules are automatically updated if the rule wizard is closed. Due to the big amount of rules I am using it is not possible to activate all rules on the server. With the previous version of outlook it was possible to select between automatic or manual update of the server. In the actual one this is not possilbe within the rule wizard. Is there a way to keep oll rules on the client and prevent this update of the server? Due to the fact that the client is up and running 24h / 7 da...

Why is Outlook telling me I'm not online when I am?
When I try to connect to Outlook 2007 it states that "the connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must me online or connectred to compelter this action". The problem is that I am online when trying to connect to Outlook. It will not let me go in and change the settings it only closes the Outlook suite. What can I do? I would really like to use this feature. I am using Windows XP. Cougar1960 wrote: > When I try to connect to Outlook 2007 it states that "the connection to > Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must me online or co...

Project Server 2007 Task Update Status
Does anyone know of a way for me to setup a view that will enable my resource managers to view the status of task updates that have been submitted to the PM? We require PM approval of task updates before timesheets can be submitted, and I would like the resource managers to see whether thier folks have submitted updates (imported from thier timesheets) to the PM and whether those update requests are pending, approved or rejected. I can find any fields availabe in the resource assignments view that show (change requested, submission status, etc.) for tasks, nor do I see anything that I ca...

Unable to open calendar

can't connect using "telnet servername 25"
I have an Exchange 2003 server on our LAN. I find some PC's and servers can connect to the Exchaneg server using command > telnet 10.10.10.1 25 and some can't. I have no firewall between any of the pc's and servers. The exchange 2003 server is 10.10.10.1 When I run on a pc or server that can't connect I get this messag: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>telnet 10.10.10.1 25 Connecting To 10.10.10.1...Could not open connection to the host, on port 25: Connect failed Why is this happening? On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 04:35:28 -0800, "SW" <SW@discussions...

Removing Exchange 5.5 Servers
I've migrated to Exchange 2003 about two years ago. However, the two exchange 5.5 server we use to use are still listed in exchnage manager on the exchnage 2003 box. The orignal exchange 5.5 server we migrated was shutdown two years ago since hten. I tried turning back on but was unable to connect to the domain. It was a NT4 box and we're running a 2000 domain. It stated unable to connect to domain controller. in the past I had to use a host file to connect from the NT4 boxes since rebuilding the domain controller that holds all the master roles. I also have an exchnage 5...

"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"
I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages from certain people. Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav" When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid. Type the file name and location in the correct format, such as...

Windows Server Backup
I want to go through the restoration process of Exchange date - the entire database, individual mailboxes, emails etc. My lab setup is as follows (all in a vmware machine):- Windows Server 2008 Exchange 2007 (32-bit/sp1/eval) Email flow etc works fine. I've taken a full backup using windows server backup. When I come to restore the backup in the Select recovery type screen the option for Applications is greyed out. It says that you can recover applications that have registered with Windows Server Backup. I need to find out how to get Exchange to register with Window...

will not write file to server
when i try to do save as to my nevell server i get them message file is read only. there is a hot fix for this but i don't know how to get it can someone help thanks pete The MSKB article that discusses this problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];824424 suggests ways to contact MS. I don't know of any other ways. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

How many virtual server Exchange supports?
In 4 nodes cluster environment, how many virtual server Exchange 2003 supports? From 329208.KB.EN-US - XADM: Exchange Virtual Server Limitations on Exchange 2000 Clusters and "Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 enforce Active/Passive scenarios on Exchange clusters that have more than two nodes. This means that on a four-node Exchange 2000 cluster or a four-node Exchange 2003 cluster, only three Exchange virtual servers can be created, and only one Exchange virtual server can be hosted per node. " amyma@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email ...

unable to scroll the page

Using "OR" in an IF statement
I am trying to use the command OR in an If statement and I am having no luck. In Lotus 123 I could string commands by using #OR# to produce a common result. For example: =IF(J3="INVEST" #OR# IF(K3 = "INVEST",1,"NO")) I can't seem to make this work in Excel. Can anyone provide me with a correction? Doug, Like this =IF(OR(J3="Invest",K3="Invest"),"The true condition","the false condition") If the true or false condition is numeric then drop the quotes -- Mike When competing hypotheses are other...

My New NG post never get there, but they show in "Sent"
Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show up in my sent folder. I wonder if it has anything to do with me changing from OE to Outlook for my email. Your help is appreciated............Peter Nothing to do with OL, OE is the default newsreader, though it may be accessed within OL or IE. I do see a post in this ng from you, dated 2nd "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message news:q9udnYzlyfK8ILDfRVn-sQ@omsoft.com... > Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show > up in my sent folder. I wonder if it...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Remove old failed server from ADSI
Hi, I actually work with an 2K3 R2 server SERVER2. This server is the only DC of the domain. But I found with frsdiag and ADSI old records about SERVER1 that no longer exists. This cause DFRS issue and Exchange pb. I found a solution for the DFRS with adsutil clean metadata. But how to remove olds records from ADSI in the following path : CN=Servers,CN=Premier groupe administratif,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=DOMAIN NAME,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=DOMAIN NAME,DC=com Thanks in advance. -- Julien Demarey This is more an AD issue rather than Exch...

"No internet accounts were found to import"
seems to be common problem Outlook2K - but i haven't found an answer i want to import an O/Express (.iaf) email account - dead easy on my home machine using Tools/Accounts/import - but my works network machine doesn't have Tools/Accounts - it has Tools/Services so i tried File/Import/ImportInternetMailAccount and without even looking it responds: "No internet accounts were found to import" anyone know how to import an email account ? Can you switch the machine to Internet Mail Only mode: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm "JethroUK�" <rep...

Unable to conect

Windows 2003 server SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindow
Hi all, I'm trying to use this functions (SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindowPos) on Windows 2003 server, but it is working when I have a Administrator level and when I try the sameprogam with the operator level I have an exception like <Impossible to run this information from the remote pc>. I tryed the same program on Window XP with the operator level and it is working. Somebody knows why ? I'm looking forward to receiving an answer soon possible. BR lolo An exception sounds surprising; none of those APIs are specified as throwing an exception. You would...

SendAs for "Exchange Domain Servers" and "Exchange Enterprise Servers" denied
Hi all, I'm having problems with SMTP with all my exchange servers (4) under the same organization. The Event IDs are 7010 and 7004. I look them up and they are caused by the impossibility to authenticate between servers. I've made focus on the article 843106 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106&sd=ee there, this paragraph call my attention: If Integrated Windows Authentication is enabled, but the events persist, the sending server in the 7004 event or in the 7010 event may lack or be denied the SendAs right on the receiving server. If the sen...