UK stuck with old version

This is most probably a pointless question, but here goes.

I wondered why that in the UK the latest version is money 2005, where as if
you live in the USA you can get money 2007.
Is there many new things in money 2007 that are not in money 2005?

NIK

--
Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup.

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I guess that the cost of converting M2007 to work for the UK was a lot
greater than any potential sales! :-(

See http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2007/Default.aspx for a list of M2007
features.
--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"niknik1971" <niknik1971NOSPAM@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> This is most probably a pointless question, but here goes.
>
> I wondered why that in the UK the latest version is money 2005, where as
> if you live in the USA you can get money 2007.
> Is there many new things in money 2007 that are not in money 2005?
>
> NIK
>
> --
> Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup.

0
bob_peel2056 (736)

Macro button name Normal.NewMacros.UK instead of UK
Hello I'm trying to create a speller language switching macro into Outlook-Word message window toolbar (seems to be tyhe same as Word toolbar) The macro is created into normal.dot and appears to Macro list normally. But when I name Macro as UK, it appears to Toolbar like Normal.NewMacros.UK, when dragged there. Any ideas how to change name on toolbar to UK? XP Pro, Office 2003 Thanks View | Toolbars | Customize. Right-click the button and edit the caption. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power U...

Reinstall RWW / Company Web on SBS 03 OLD Server
I have a friend that runs SBS 03, it's old, but it's all they can afford. Somehow they have trashed the company web as well as RWW - I suspect that this happened about the time that one of the updates broke the CompanyWeb last year.... Is there a documented way to reinstall the company web/RWW on SBS 03 without having to rebuild the server? -- You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that. Trust yourself. spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email addre...

Money Versions
Is it possible to run say the Uk and the USA version of Money 2003 on the same computer and OS at the same time, assuming that each version has it's own data? Thansk in advance. Yes with great care. You will need to install the two versions into different directories and you absolutely must not run the two versions simultaneously. You will also need to watch which file you are opening as Money "remembers" the last one used. You can make this easier by creating two desktop shortcuts with the correct paths and in the Target fields add the full path to the respective Money file ...

mouse stuck in excel
I am expriencing a strange problem, When I left click on any cell while in Excel, the left click seems to sort of stuck it keeps on selecting the cells whereever I move. It does not allow me to select anything from the menu or even close the excel. All I am left to do is ctrl-alt-del and kill the excel from task manager everything remain fine (selection of menu etc) , if i donot click on any cell once i click on cell, I am doomed. I have tried to isolate the problem: It started after I installed my USB Optical mouse Everything else works fine, there is virtually no problem with any of the ...

VAT Reduction in UK
Anybody got any thoughts on the easiest/best way to deal with the reduced VAT rate in the UK which applies from Monday 1/12/2008. We have about 6,000 active items in the database all priced VAT inclusive. I realise that we've not got 6,000 items with the wrong price tag on them too. At a cost of about 50p a tag (labour and materials) - HM Govt appears to have just spent about £3,000 of my money. This is help for small businesses? -- JW Watson & Son Retail Jewellers We are releasing a utility by Thursday to handle this: 1- Create a new Sales Tax/Vat 15% 2- Create...

How can I use a cusotom property like "version" in my Slides in Po
Hello, my question is how can I use a custom property like "version" in my slides. I don't found in Poerpoint 2007 or 2010Beta a fieldfunction like Word and my research for a marko solution that automatic make this work - had no success. Any Idea?? In article <876413AB-9ECA-4FF3-A0B2-297174CF260F@microsoft.com>, Little Attila wrote: > Hello, > > my question is how can I use a custom property like "version" in my slides. > > I don't found in Poerpoint 2007 or 2010Beta a fieldfunction like Word and my > research for ...

reading old mail
i need to read both old and new mail from outlook web access is there any way to do this? Outlook Web Access shows you everything in your Exchange mailbox. If you'd downloaded it via POP to another client, or used a PST file for delivery, you can't see it in OWA. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > i need to read both old and new mail from outlook web > access is there any way to do this? Where is the "old" email stored? If not in the mailbox or mailbox folders, then it will be unavailable for viewing. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repli...

Mail getting stuck on recieving .... freezes
All of a sudden ... incoming mail freezes and I have to log out and then end to get new email ... just started happening since last microsoft vista update .... What can I do ...??? Which third party security programs are you running? Some of them are not very compatible with Windows Mail, and new incompatibilities tend to occur when updates are installed. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Gary in INDY" <Gary in INDY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:4B02A2A6-4D65-4...

Add a new cell value to the old one?
Hi I want to add the new cell value to the old? example If the value is 10 in A3 and the sum realted cell A5=10. Then cell A get a new value, 13, then the cell value in A5 should be 23 and so on. It is possible to do that direct in excel or vba? Run -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Rune, With VBA you can Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A3")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(2, 0).Value = .Offset(2, 0).Value + ...

MS Office Trial Version Uninstallation
I recently installed the full version of office 2004 on my Mac Book Pro without uninstalling the trial version, but I do not seem to be experiencing any problems. What sorts of problems could occur? Also, would I lose the full version if I try uninstalling the trial version? There are a number of problems you might encounter, such as some applications still being registered as trial versions. In that case, you might still have Test Drive messages pop up in your different Office applications. I have seen language-confused dialogue boxes on a friend's machine, i.e. the "save as" ...

UK when?
Hi When will MS CRM be available in UK? Or is it already available? Thanks Regards It is already here. "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:eMPDTNQxDHA.2452@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > When will MS CRM be available in UK? Or is it already available? > > Thanks > > Regards > > Where can I get more information from and may be test drive? Regards "James Downes" <james@zenduce.net> wrote in message news:un56StXxDHA.3116@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > It is already here. > > > "John" &l...

Why Outlook profermance is slow when using the old profile?
Our Company install a windows 2000 server and exchange server recently. And all computer use windows xp. But after set up the email system, some user's outlook profermance is very slow, need 5-10 seconds to preview mai. and this user's is using their old profile when enter the domain. Can anybody help? I'm not sure which Outlook version this started but if you have Instant Messaging enabled in Outlook you can get significant performance hits. In OL XP it's in Options - Other...at the bottom. HTH -- *************** No Email Replies "William Ho" <w.ho@dbln...

Finding complete version info for Outlook 98?
Hi all, Does anyone know how to determine the complete version of Outlook 98 from within a C++ program? The Outllib.dll file usually contains the full version information (Outlook 97 and 2000, anyway) but for Outlook 98 all I get is "8.5". What I really need is a way to determine if Outlook 98 is at least version 8.5.5109. This is for an installation program. I need to be able to detect if they're running that version of Outlook 98 so that I can make the installer behave reasonably on older versions of Outlook 98. Any ideas? -- Chris Salter ...

POS use in the UK
I currently have a system to be used in the UK, can anyone tell me if the system will or will not communicate and if not why? As I said the system is currently in the UK and when trying to settle a transaction it says unable to connect to internet, however it does have internet and the pc itself can connect to the web. Any suggestions will help, Thanks. Are you using Microsoft POS or Microsoft Retail Management System (RMS)? The MS POS is not released in the UK and does not support VAT etc... Microsoft RMS does. If you want to talk about it call me at my office 020 8907 6900 Afshin ...

Embedded IE7 browser object
We have an MFC app that embeds the WebBrowser ActiveX control. Starting in IE7, we've been getting a scripting error due to an exception closing a window that the user has already closed for pages that we display in this WebBrowser control. This doesn't happen when the same page is viewed in Internet Explorer 7, nor does it happen in either situation on computers with IE5-6. The following is a JavaScript example that recreates this situation: var winName = "myWin"; var theURL = "http://www.microsoft.com"; var objWin = window.open(theURL, winName); // U...

Special offer on exams for UK customers at Allitcertkiller.co.uk
Special offer on exams for UK customers at http://www.Allitcertkiller.co.uk ...

stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive"
Reply Alls were working perfectly yesterday and I can send emails without trouble. But a Reply All today is permanently stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive". How do I fix this? Remove the message from your Outbox and try again. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm Without knowing any details, it is hard to say what might have caused this and how to prevent it from happening in the future. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and...

Chase Bank no longer fully supports any version of MS Money
I know it sounds like doom and gloom, but I have spent the last week researching this and what I have found out about Chase Bank is quite disappointing. Through the merger with Bank One, Chase Bank has decided to cutover to the Bank One online banking systems - These systems do support OFX download, if thats your bag baby, but they no longer fully support direct download. While direct download from within Money still works, not all fields come down, ie if your employer pays in your salary, the deposit entry will just appear as "payment', it will not include the name of the di...

Pocket PC Money 2004 US to UK date format
Can the date on the POCKET version be amended to the UK date format dd/mm/yy? Have changed the control panel/regional settings to UK - which seems to work for all other dates except those on Pocket Money. Thanks Blue Sorry no. You will have to learn to love the US format! ;-) -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "bluebrown" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1aa501c3f80c$e5c19170$3501280a@phx.gbl... > >...

I have an email that is stuck in the OUTBOX
I have an email with an attachment that is stuck in the Outbox. I tried to delete it and the computer message said I an not delete because it is in the process of sending. That was 10 days ago. PLEASE Help Me Hi - whenever you post in here, include your version, mode, and service level of Outlook. You can find this in help | about in Outlook. Methods and answers vary by version. Also note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging...

Outlook 2002 Version Problem
9/19/04 Need Help! We have a personal computer but can not get my name deleted in the field named owner, and cannot get Outlook activated to perform tasks. Reminder feature and alarm does not work either. I want a different name to appear on Untitled Task screen when someone else is entering info. for a task to be done either as a reminder to one's self or emailing that task to be done by someone else at a different personal computer that is not connected to a company network. I don't know a lot about Outlook so can tasks be assigned for yourself and as reminders as well as...

Msg to distribution group stuck in E2k3
Hello, I tried to setup a distribution group in Exchange 2003. Let's name our Exchange domain domain.local. I created a distribution group "test" with universal group scope. It was created in Exchange so that RUS associated an smtp address test@domain.local following the recipient policy of the domain. I added other groups as member each containing users with mail accounts. Finally I'm not able to send mail to the members via the created email address. In Outlook I can check the recipient I entered to the "To" field. "test" is the result of the entered &...

UK keyboard layout driver?
XP Pro, SP3 A friend who is new to computers was puzzled that he couldn't access the @ sign and kept getting " instead. I explained that he had his comp configured for a US keyboard. Went into Regional Settings but found there was not a UK option for Input Language or keyboard layout. Have done a bit of Googling but the only solutions I can find involve some kind of registry hack. Tried MS Knowledge Base but nothing obvious there. Is there a site that simply allows you to download and install a UK keyboard layout driver? On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 09:10:30 +0100...

.net Versions
I have been maintaining VB 6 apps and at your suggestion added Virtual XP to my new Win 7 machine. Thank you all for that advice. I have some time on my hands and decided to look again at VB.Net for a new app. I bought VB.Net Standard 2002 and Matthew MacDonald's book back in 2004 I think. I tried to load it on my new Win 7 machine and low and behold, just like XP I get the message that there are incompatabilities. Of course it works fine in the Virtual XP partition. I don't know if I am going to get through the pain of learning to program in Net so rather than she...

Word comments (annotating) system stuck in capitals