Two computers, one Money file.

I want to use Money on my business laptop and my home desktop, and I want 
the two to synchronize (possibly via online sync.). Does anyone know if this 
is possible? Would I need to buy an additional license? Thanks.

Uffe. 


0
uhen (1)
10/23/2004 12:13:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

6 Replies
1330 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

In microsoft.public.money, Uffe Henrichsen wrote:

>I want to use Money on my business laptop and my home desktop, and I want 
>the two to synchronize (possibly via online sync.). Does anyone know if this 
>is possible? Would I need to buy an additional license? Thanks.

See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html for information on
accessing the same data file via network.

If you have a purchased copy of Money, it can be used on a desktop
and a laptop used by one person

You may be a person that will like roaming/synchronization. That
lets you use a web interface via a Microsoft server to read and
change things via internet.


0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/23/2004 2:53:12 AM
Sharing the same data file over a local network is one thing, but not as 
useful as being able to synch multiple files. Let me confirm that no one 
knows a way to synch two Money files? I seem to remember you could do this 
with a PDA.

-Max

"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:7rhjn0h7f6kdpq7i77r3i71e79uaub8jrl@4ax.com...
> In microsoft.public.money, Uffe Henrichsen wrote:
>
>>I want to use Money on my business laptop and my home desktop, and I want
>>the two to synchronize (possibly via online sync.). Does anyone know if 
>>this
>>is possible? Would I need to buy an additional license? Thanks.
>
> See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html for information on
> accessing the same data file via network.
>
> If you have a purchased copy of Money, it can be used on a desktop
> and a laptop used by one person
>
> You may be a person that will like roaming/synchronization. That
> lets you use a web interface via a Microsoft server to read and
> change things via internet.
>
> 


0
nospam848 (26)
10/23/2004 4:11:19 PM
You couldn't sync two files with the Pocket PC client nor, I suspect, with 
Ultrasoft Money for the Palm.

-- 
Michael Gordon
MVP


"Max" <nospam@notvalid.com> wrote in message 
news:eb39vrRuEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Sharing the same data file over a local network is one thing, but not as 
> useful as being able to synch multiple files. Let me confirm that no one 
> knows a way to synch two Money files? I seem to remember you could do this 
> with a PDA.
>
> -Max
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
> news:7rhjn0h7f6kdpq7i77r3i71e79uaub8jrl@4ax.com...
>> In microsoft.public.money, Uffe Henrichsen wrote:
>>
>>>I want to use Money on my business laptop and my home desktop, and I want
>>>the two to synchronize (possibly via online sync.). Does anyone know if 
>>>this
>>>is possible? Would I need to buy an additional license? Thanks.
>>
>> See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html for information on
>> accessing the same data file via network.
>>
>> If you have a purchased copy of Money, it can be used on a desktop
>> and a laptop used by one person
>>
>> You may be a person that will like roaming/synchronization. That
>> lets you use a web interface via a Microsoft server to read and
>> change things via internet.
>>
>>
>
> 


0
gordonm (1013)
10/23/2004 10:01:15 PM
Unfortunately, the kinds of activities you can do via roaming are quite 
limited.

-- 
Michael Gordon
MVP


"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:7rhjn0h7f6kdpq7i77r3i71e79uaub8jrl@4ax.com...
> In microsoft.public.money, Uffe Henrichsen wrote:
>
>>I want to use Money on my business laptop and my home desktop, and I want
>>the two to synchronize (possibly via online sync.). Does anyone know if 
>>this
>>is possible? Would I need to buy an additional license? Thanks.
>
> See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html for information on
> accessing the same data file via network.
>
> If you have a purchased copy of Money, it can be used on a desktop
> and a laptop used by one person
>
> You may be a person that will like roaming/synchronization. That
> lets you use a web interface via a Microsoft server to read and
> change things via internet.
>
> 


0
gordonm (1013)
10/23/2004 10:02:02 PM
Odd. You can't add an entry on the PPC version of Money and synch it with 
the PC?
What's the point of the PPC version? Readonly?

-Max

"Michael Gordon, MVP" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message 
news:uwItTvUuEHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> You couldn't sync two files with the Pocket PC client nor, I suspect, with 
> Ultrasoft Money for the Palm.
>
> -- 
> Michael Gordon
> MVP
>
>
> "Max" <nospam@notvalid.com> wrote in message 
> news:eb39vrRuEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Sharing the same data file over a local network is one thing, but not as 
>> useful as being able to synch multiple files. Let me confirm that no one 
>> knows a way to synch two Money files? I seem to remember you could do 
>> this with a PDA.
>>
>> -Max
>>
>> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
>> news:7rhjn0h7f6kdpq7i77r3i71e79uaub8jrl@4ax.com...
>>> In microsoft.public.money, Uffe Henrichsen wrote:
>>>
>>>>I want to use Money on my business laptop and my home desktop, and I 
>>>>want
>>>>the two to synchronize (possibly via online sync.). Does anyone know if 
>>>>this
>>>>is possible? Would I need to buy an additional license? Thanks.
>>>
>>> See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html for information on
>>> accessing the same data file via network.
>>>
>>> If you have a purchased copy of Money, it can be used on a desktop
>>> and a laptop used by one person
>>>
>>> You may be a person that will like roaming/synchronization. That
>>> lets you use a web interface via a Microsoft server to read and
>>> change things via internet.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
nospam848 (26)
10/24/2004 8:09:05 PM
Sorry I wasn't clearer -- what you shouldn't do is sync one desktop  mny 
file with two different ppc devices  or two different desktop mny files with 
one ppc device.

-- 
Michael Gordon
MVP


"Max" <nospam@notvalid.com> wrote in message 
news:ugByRVguEHA.3456@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Odd. You can't add an entry on the PPC version of Money and synch it with 
> the PC?
> What's the point of the PPC version? Readonly?
>
> -Max
>
> "Michael Gordon, MVP" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message 
> news:uwItTvUuEHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> You couldn't sync two files with the Pocket PC client nor, I suspect, 
>> with Ultrasoft Money for the Palm.
>>
>> -- 
>> Michael Gordon
>> MVP
>>
>>
>> "Max" <nospam@notvalid.com> wrote in message 
>> news:eb39vrRuEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Sharing the same data file over a local network is one thing, but not as 
>>> useful as being able to synch multiple files. Let me confirm that no one 
>>> knows a way to synch two Money files? I seem to remember you could do 
>>> this with a PDA.
>>>
>>> -Max
>>>
>>> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
>>> news:7rhjn0h7f6kdpq7i77r3i71e79uaub8jrl@4ax.com...
>>>> In microsoft.public.money, Uffe Henrichsen wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>I want to use Money on my business laptop and my home desktop, and I 
>>>>>want
>>>>>the two to synchronize (possibly via online sync.). Does anyone know if 
>>>>>this
>>>>>is possible? Would I need to buy an additional license? Thanks.
>>>>
>>>> See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html for information on
>>>> accessing the same data file via network.
>>>>
>>>> If you have a purchased copy of Money, it can be used on a desktop
>>>> and a laptop used by one person
>>>>
>>>> You may be a person that will like roaming/synchronization. That
>>>> lets you use a web interface via a Microsoft server to read and
>>>> change things via internet.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
gordonm (1013)
10/24/2004 11:53:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

synchiing two computers?
Is there a way to synch Outlook on two computers? I end up with some email on my laptop and some on my desktop - it would be nice if the two could be synched so that I could have all of my email on both computers. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Bill Andersen asked: | Is there a way to synch Outlook on two computers? | I end up with some...

Unable to view some Excel files on Network
I am running Office 97 Pro on a Windows 98 Workstation on a Novel network. We have applied all the patches that we know of to bot Office and Windows 98. Upon roll out the user notified me that sh cant get into a certain file for her to do her jobI have uninstalle Office and rebuilt this machine and still get an illegal operation error. The error says "EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in modul EXCEL.EXE at 016f:30002924". No-one including network administrator can access certain Excel documents that are stored on the network fro a certain computer but other documents are fine. I...

Compare two cells in two different files and return answer
I am attempting to compare two text cells and if they both exist, I want to bring in a "yes" answer. If they don't, bring in a "no" answer. Here's an example of text. File 1 Col A Col B BRATTA ZPB_COMMON AHERNC ZPB_COMMON GENCABH ZPB_COMMON File 2 Col A Col B BRATTA ZPB_COMMON AHERNC ZPB_COMMON GENCABH So, what I want to do is say in File 1 take cells A1 and B1 compare them to File 2 and search Col A and Col B and if there is an exact mat...

Unable to download into Money Delux 2004
I had my Money 2004 working properly, so that downloads in Money OFX format from my bank would automatically trigger the function in Money that prompted me to import the file. However, for some reason, this has now stopped working. When I am in my bank's website, and click on the download to Money option, it flashes what appears to be the download window, and then completes, but a) never gives me the file save/open option and b) Money sits quietly running in the background and does not recognize a file waiting for its attention. Does anyone have any idea how I go about fixing thi...

UK shares update but US ones do not
Hi Guys, I have V17 of US Money Plus. All my shares in my UK broker accounts update okay with the online updates. But I have two shares in US accounts (US:IVV, US:BRK) that do not update. I'm wondering if the online update only works in one region? Would be grateful if someone could confirm this. Cheers In microsoft.public.money, ouroboros wrote: > >I have V17 of US Money Plus. All my shares in my UK broker accounts update >okay with the online updates. But I have two shares in US accounts (US:IVV, >US:BRK) that do not update. Bad symbols for ...

How to Model IRA Withdrawals in Money 2004 Lifetime planner
I'm planning to setup a scheduled withdrawal from my IRA. I'd like to model the affects of this plan in the Lifetime Planner. How can this be done? I only see how Money withdraws from IRA after all tax-paid savings are liquidated. That's ok as a scenerio, but I'm trying to force a withdrawal. Possible? I don't see a way to do this. "Rob Schneider" <rmschne@removetheones_b1e1e1b.net.net> wrote in message news:e2qLjZ1hEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm planning to setup a scheduled withdrawal from my IRA. I'd like to > model the ...

Error message when joining a new computer/user
I am working on Exchange 5.5. All current users can log in, send and recieve email. However, when I try to install a current user on a newly reformatted machine or even to join any user to an existing machine I get the folowing error. The name could not be resolved. The Microsoft Exchange book was unable to log on to the Microsoft Exchange server computer. Contact your system adminstrator if the problem persists This happens at every station now. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for any help ...

Try to move Exch db files, then store doesn't get mounted anymore
any idea on how to solve the problem below ? Exch2003 SP2. I've done these steps in several servers, but one particular server/system fails to get the Mailbox and Public Folder Stores mounted after moving the database files from one partition to the other. The steps: I stopped the Public Folder Store. I click the respective restore, "Properties", I go to "database" tab. There I inform location of where I want to move the database files to (E:\program files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata). I've got the message that files have been moved OK. Then I attempt to mount store, a...

Pivot table for two different data variables
I have the following table Name type Cost overhead amy C1 23 12 bob C2 129 17 cat C2 36 45 doo C2 100 32 I owuld like to create a pivot table that looks similar to: the standard pivot table. (Please ignore type for now.) name Data Total amy Sum of overhead 200 Sum of cost 12 bob Sum of overhead 130 Sum of cost 23 cat Sum of overhead 90 Sum of cost 19 doo Sum of overhead 87 Sum of cost 34 Total Sum of overhead 507 Total Sum of cost 88 But with overall total (overhead + cost) for ...

Attaching a word file to a ppt. presentation
Is there a way to attach a word file to Power Point when in presentation mode via a company share point site? ...

Money 2002 Capacity
Money 2002 was included with a new computer purchase of mine. I am not at all familiar with it at this time. I want to use something to track the account of a "CLUB" that will include individual accounts within the main account. Is Money 2002 a good program to use or should I be looking into a custom database? > Money 2002 was included with a new computer purchase of > mine. I am not at all familiar with it at this time. I > want to use something to track the account of a "CLUB" > that will include individual accounts within the main > account. Is Money...

Saving as PDF file
I am trying to convert an excel spreadsheet into a PDF file, what is the easiest way to accomplish this? Brian, Purchase Adobe Acrobat, install it, and press a button. Once you have Acrobat, the rest is very easy. Kevin "Brian" <Brian.Moddelmog@williams.com> wrote in message news:026101c37d4a$c9b4b120$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to convert an excel spreadsheet into a PDF > file, what is the easiest way to accomplish this? Brian, If you search about 5-20 messages down from yours, you will see the exact same question being asked. You can get more answers...

Mora than one Domain Exchange 2003
Hello! i have instaled an exchange 2003 and i need to use two domain, so the first domain works fine but now i need to use one of the user with another domain. Before this exchange 2003 i was running exchange 5.5 with both domains without any problems. Pls can anybody help me? Many thanks!!! Hi! Yes, the user that use the second domain needs that domain (the second) to be their primary (in fact the only) email adress. Thanks!! Martin. "PhilE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:F5FF4465-9DF5-4094-B679-776DEBCC8391@microsoft.com... > Does...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria
I have a spreadsheet that logs work activities and records team members' completion of project units. Column B records team member names. Column C has project unit status - 'pending', 'beta' or 'completed'. It's easy to set up a formula to count how many units are allocated to each team member - =COUNTIF(B1:B1000,"Joe"). But what I need to do is set up formulas to count how many units Joe has completed, or has pending or at beta, and this means assessing data in both columns - which COUNTIF won't do. This doesn't strike me as an especially...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

All Replies from One Account Regardless of Which Received
I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2007. I want to receive mail via one but when I hit reply have OL automatically use the other. I have already set the other as the default account in TOOLS-- ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Is this possible and if so how? No it is not possible automatically. Outlook used the receiving account = to send by default. You would need to change it manually for each item = you send (use the Accounts button). --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, BigK asked: | I have two acco...

Select cheques
When you are building a batch of cheques for one creditor and you add to the batch several payments the payments print out on seperate remittances even though you have specified to print one cheque per creditor. You have to go to edit payments to put all the payments on the one remittance advice. Can this additional funtionality be added to this screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

OT: A New Type Of Computer.
A man showed me his computer the other day. It was made out of wood, about a quarter of an inch in diameter and about 7 inches long. It had graphite going up through the middle of it and the delete button was on the end (made out of rubber). He said a power outage had no effect on it. Maybe I need to trade my computer in on a newer model like his. HoopleHead Alert. "Urlay Nook" <UrlayBurlay@TheNook.com> wrote in message news:%23iiXVmRJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :A man showed me his computer the other day. : It was made out of wood, about a quarter of a...

Importing Office data file into Personal Folder
Using newly upgraded Win XP and Outlook 2002, I am unable to import to my Personal Folder a file labeled "outlook.pst" but file type Office data file. I have tried without success, using DB 287837, to convert the Office data file to an Outlook data file, but the conversion is not reflected in Win Explorer. Any suggestions? -- Chuck In news:188E8BDE-23D4-4907-86C7-6686B8CDE57E@microsoft.com, CTW67 <CTW67@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Using newly upgraded Win XP and Outlook 2002, I am unable to import > to my Personal Folder a file labeled "outlook.pst&...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

Import mutual fund prices in to MS Money
Is there a way i can import latest prices of my funds in to MS Money using QIF or OFX or any other way. I am in India and i use Money 2004 Delux. I want to update the prices of my funds. I am a programmer and can write code to import files in to Money if it can update the price. Thank you No. But if you want some serious programming joy you could sniff the protocol they use to get them over the web and do some creative routing/spoofing--right up until your copy times out its online services and refuses to even try to get quotes over the web. For M04D, you should already be past t...

Reclassify an Investment from a STock to a Money market intestment
How do I reclassify Reclassify an Investment from a Stock to a Money market intestment In microsoft.public.money, DB wrote: >How do I reclassify Reclassify an Investment from a Stock to a Money market >intestment > It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears. A few minutes should do it. In the details, remove the symbol, and rename the existing investment to something you will never use. Let's suppose you choose zzzz. Create a new investment with the correct type, name and symbol. Go back to investment zzzz and choose View: Investment Details. Change each...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...