trying to split a stock 1:4

When I were trying to split a stock using Money2000,
Money2000 ended up telling me: "The stock split can not
be completed due to a lack of disk space." But I still
have 18G left on my hard disk.
0
anonymous (74719)
1/19/2004 12:45:30 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Wei wrote:

>When I were trying to split a stock using Money2000,
>Money2000 ended up telling me: "The stock split can not
>be completed due to a lack of disk space." But I still
>have 18G left on my hard disk.

I would try booting into Safe Mode and see if you can do the split.
I don't expect it to solve the problem, but it is easy to try.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/19/2004 1:21:55 AM
I am using MS Money Deluxe 2002. The error I get for a 3:2 split..
when dealing with the fractional shares
Is this

The stock split completed. Disk problems prevented the additona/change
of some transactions.

I know it splits shares fine if there are not fractional shares
involved.. what can I do to get this corrected?

Thanks

Jim

"Wei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I were trying to split a stock using Money2000,
>Money2000 ended up telling me: "The stock split can not
>be completed due to a lack of disk space." But I still
>have 18G left on my hard disk.

0
jc1451 (12)
1/23/2004 5:19:43 PM
In microsoft.public.money, jimcat wrote:

>I am using MS Money Deluxe 2002. The error I get for a 3:2 split..
>when dealing with the fractional shares
>Is this
>
>The stock split completed. Disk problems prevented the additona/change
>of some transactions.
>
>I know it splits shares fine if there are not fractional shares
>involved.. what can I do to get this corrected?

I suspect a corrupt file.
See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/23/2004 5:47:42 PM
>I suspect a corrupt file.
>See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information.

No, what I think is happening, (it may be a bad file,) but I am
leaning to this: I have 3 accounts in one portfolio, a roth ira. a
standard ira and a traditional account/ Some of the accounts have the
same equities, but not the same amount of shares.

I can split a company that only has one entity in an account, For
Example BMY company is only in one account. I can split it 3:2 and
have the fractional share go to a cash account. I just did a test and
it worked fine..

But when I split a stock that is in more then one account, DHI is in
2 accounts, this is where the error occurs.

Please back up your files before you try to do a split.  The test I
just ran, when I canceled the split, it added fractional shares. In
stead of 25 and  a 3:2 split to make 37.50 ( with the ,50 going to
cash) It canceled the split but gave me 27.50 shares. Which of course
was incorrect.. but since I did a backup before trying anything, I was
ok.

0
jc1451 (12)
1/24/2004 3:20:26 AM
In microsoft.public.money, jimcat wrote:

>No, what I think is happening, (it may be a bad file,) but I am
>leaning to this: I have 3 accounts in one portfolio, a roth ira. a
>standard ira and a traditional account/ Some of the accounts have the
>same equities, but not the same amount of shares.
>
>I can split a company that only has one entity in an account, For
>Example BMY company is only in one account. I can split it 3:2 and
>have the fractional share go to a cash account. I just did a test and
>it worked fine..
>
>But when I split a stock that is in more then one account, DHI is in
>2 accounts, this is where the error occurs.
>
>Please back up your files before you try to do a split.  The test I
>just ran, when I canceled the split, it added fractional shares. In
>stead of 25 and  a 3:2 split to make 37.50 ( with the ,50 going to
>cash) It canceled the split but gave me 27.50 shares. Which of course
>was incorrect.. but since I did a backup before trying anything, I was
>ok.

I did a test buy of 10 shares of a new fake stock in three accounts
in both Money 2004 and in Money 2000. I used a different date for
each Buy. When I did the split, it worked correctly -- generated a
Sell of 0.3333 shares in each account.install or the Money file.

So mine does not work the same as yours. You could try the test in a
File->New file to see if the problem is with the file or the
install.

To work around it, you could just do the Sell for the fractions
manually, tho you should not have to do it.

I would consider getting a newer copy of salv.exe and let it make a
version of your file. See if the problem disappears.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274584  has
a download link.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/24/2004 5:37:05 AM
>>Please back up your files before you try to do a split.  The test I
>>just ran, when I canceled the split, it added fractional shares. In
>>stead of 25 and  a 3:2 split to make 37.50 ( with the ,50 going to
>>cash) It canceled the split but gave me 27.50 shares. Which of course
>>was incorrect.. but since I did a backup before trying anything, I was
>>ok.
>>

>I did a test buy of 10 shares of a new fake stock in three accounts
>in both Money 2004 and in Money 2000. I used a different date for
>each Buy. When I did the split, it worked correctly -- generated a
>Sell of 0.3333 shares in each account.install or the Money file.

This was not the same test.. you needed one of 10 shares and one of 5
shares of the same stock:

No worries though, here is the answer in from Microsoft that did the
same test I did

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your response.

I understand you would like me to check whether I can reproduce the
symptom on my side to check whether this is a program issue. Here is
what I did:

1. I created a main account, a Roth IRA account, and a traditional IRA
account in the sample file. Then I added 30 shares of DHI into the
traditional IRA account and 25 shares into the Roth IRA account.

2. After updating the quotes and exchange rates, the split was not
recorded automatically thus I manually recorded a split on 1/13/2004
for DHI. When recording, I was asked how to deal with the fraction
shares and I kept them.

Now the quantities are 37.5 and 45.

3. Then I go to Update Prices->Update Manually and removed the split.
Then record the split again.

Now I received the error message as follows:

"The stock split has been completed. Disk problems prevented the
addition/change of some transactions."

Then I tested using one single account with a dummy investment. After
splitting the investment it has fractional shares. I removed the split
and re-add the activity again. Then I received the same error message.
Then I tested selecting keep the fractional shares, and the error
message does not appears.

In a word, if we convert the fractional shares after split into a cash
account, the error message will appear. This results in the missing of
the cash portion that should have been transferred into a cash
account.

Then we can confirm that this is an issue lies with the Money 2002
program. I have reported the issue to our Product Team to let them be
aware of this. I have tested the issue with Money 2004, and the
problem does not occur. Thus Money 2004 should have fixed the issue.

So Microsoft techs get the same problem with the same scenario I have
for my real accounts.

So, it is not just my poor little computer.. its the BIGGIES as well
:)

We are working out a amicable solution..

Thanks

>So mine does not work the same as yours. You could try the test in a
>File->New file to see if the problem is with the file or the
>install.
>
>To work around it, you could just do the Sell for the fractions
>manually, tho you should not have to do it.
>
>I would consider getting a newer copy of salv.exe and let it make a
>version of your file. See if the problem disappears.
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274584  has
>a download link.

0
jc1451 (12)
1/25/2004 12:54:36 AM
In microsoft.public.money, jimcat wrote:

>>>Please back up your files before you try to do a split.  The test I
>>>just ran, when I canceled the split, it added fractional shares. In
>>>stead of 25 and  a 3:2 split to make 37.50 ( with the ,50 going to
>>>cash) It canceled the split but gave me 27.50 shares. Which of course
>>>was incorrect.. but since I did a backup before trying anything, I was
>>>ok.
>>>

>>I did a test buy of 10 shares of a new fake stock in three accounts
>>in both Money 2004 and in Money 2000. I used a different date for
>>each Buy. When I did the split, it worked correctly -- generated a
>>Sell of 0.3333 shares in each account.install or the Money file.
>
>This was not the same test.. you needed one of 10 shares and one of 5
>shares of the same stock:

I did 10 and 10 and 10 with a 1 for 3 split. That generated 3
fractional share sales.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/25/2004 5:15:27 AM

>I did 10 and 10 and 10 with a 1 for 3 split. That generated 3
>fractional share sales.

Do a 10 and a 5 of the same equity :) that is the test.. not equal
sizes the perform the 3:2  split and ask for the fractional shares to
be put into a cash account
0
jc1451 (12)
1/26/2004 12:36:38 AM
In microsoft.public.money, jimcat wrote:

>>I did 10 and 10 and 10 with a 1 for 3 split. That generated 3
>>fractional share sales.
>
>Do a 10 and a 5 of the same equity :) that is the test.. not equal
>sizes the perform the 3:2  split and ask for the fractional shares to
>be put into a cash account

I just did the test with a 10 in one account and 5 in another in a
new Money 2000 file.. I did a 2 for 3 split. No problem. It
generated a sell of the fractional shares in both accounts.

You will note that this thread started with "trying to split a stock
using Money2000". I have not attempted to see what Money 2002 would
do.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/26/2004 1:06:03 PM
2002 deluxe is the one I use

try 30 and 25.. because 30 would give you an even 45.. and 25 should
give you 37.50 but you want that ,50 to go to a cash account

via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal Learner-- MVP) wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, jimcat wrote:
>

>>>I did 10 and 10 and 10 with a 1 for 3 split. That generated 3
>>>fractional share sales.
>>
>>Do a 10 and a 5 of the same equity :) that is the test.. not equal
>>sizes the perform the 3:2  split and ask for the fractional shares to
>>be put into a cash account
>
>I just did the test with a 10 in one account and 5 in another in a
>new Money 2000 file.. I did a 2 for 3 split. No problem. It
>generated a sell of the fractional shares in both accounts.
>
>You will note that this thread started with "trying to split a stock
>using Money2000". I have not attempted to see what Money 2002 would
>do.

0
jc1451 (12)
1/27/2004 4:32:54 AM
In microsoft.public.money, jimcat wrote:

>2002 deluxe is the one I use
>
>try 30 and 25.. because 30 would give you an even 45.. and 25 should
>give you 37.50 but you want that ,50 to go to a cash account

Right away.   :-^

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

validation #4
I am currently using validation ina cell on many pages to se the mode of the page, using vba how do i change the validation cell value ? Just set the value Range("A1").value = "some value" be aware that DV will not check it for validity this way. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Alexandre Brisebois (www.pointnetsolutions.com)" <alexandre.brisebois@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124981612.495504.193540@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I am currently using validation ina cell on many pages to se the mode &...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Exporting Word 5.1 addresses to Office 2004
Is it possible to export addresses from Word 5.1 envelope function to Office 2004? I find this tool is very clunky in Office 2004. Thanks.......Arnie~~~Silver Spring, MD We're not ignoring you, we don't know :-) The envelope is saved as part of the template in Word. If you copy your 5.1 template to your new computer, it should just work... Try it... Cheers On 30/12/06 1:50 AM, in article 1167403854.641551.47510@73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com, "armil" <armil.2930@verizon.net> wrote: > Is it possible to export addresses from Word 5.1 envelope function to > Of...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Graph intra-day stock data
How do you graph intra day data (Date, Open, High, Low, Close) format. Where the Date includes the time: (2/22/04 9:00 AM format). Currently, I get a chart with all the individual 30 min bars being grouped into just a daily bar, I would like individual bars for each half hour. The easiest way would be to use a XY Scatter chart, rather than a Line chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <106ea01c3f3b9$e560c6d0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.mi...

Deletion Service CRM 4.0
Deletion Service in CRM 4.0 We have a CRM 4.0 Enterprise installation and have a question about the deletion service which we understand to be controlled by the CrmAsyncService. We used the data migration tool to import in 74,000 leads to test the system, then used the same tool to delete the data (only leads). The deletion process completed successfully but when interrogating the backend SQL database noticed that all 74,000 leads are still in the system. They are marked for deletion by the DeletionStateCode=2 but never get deleted. The end users never see these records but am concerned...

exporting report to 1 html page
I have a report that when run shows our current open positions. I can choose to export the report in html format, however it does so and makes 3 different html files, one per page. I want to put the html file in our web-site via Dreamweaver so I want it to create just one file with all the listings instead of one file per page. How can I do this? Thanks, CEV Hello Chad, As far as I know, this feature is not available. Please rest assured that your feedback on this feature is routed to the proper channel. Also, you may want to consider SQL Server Reporting Service. You could use ...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

New CRM 1.2 installation login problems
I'm sure this has been asked before but my searches did not turn up anything that matches so ... I just installed CRM 1.2 on a box running SBS 2003 Premium with SQL Server 2000 SP3a. Everything went fine during the installation. I followed the procedure in Microsoft's document found here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm12/deploy/15_sbs03.mspx After installation, when I try to browse to http://crmweb from a computer joined to the domain, I get prompted to provide user name and password credentials. After providing them three times I get a 401.1 error ...

CRM 4.0 Cisco Unified Connector
Team, Does anyone have any experience with the Cisco CRM Connector in terms of hardware/software requirements, configuration…etc I am also not sure if the connector for CRM 4.0 is available… I believe the 4.0 Cisco connector is due for release imminently... :) ...

business cards #4
Hi, I'm using Microsoft Publisher 2000 for the first time. I have made up some business cards and am about to cut them out. I know from other programmes that I have used before that you can display cutting guidelines for using a guillotine. Does anyone know if this is possible with Microsoft Publisher. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Debbie. Don't use perforated card stock? -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in the Americas! "Debbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1906201c4...

Newsgroups #4
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C3A8FC.E0CC0D80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am actually surprised at Microsoft. I have always wonder why they = never implemented the new reader into Outlook. I understand that Outlook = Express was made for home users which need basic email functionality. = But as an office user we use Outlook heavily for email, collaboration, = contact, etc.. It is a real pain to have to open and configure Outlook = Express as well just to be able to use Newsg...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Select TOP 4 Records For Each Group
I have a query that I need to select the TOP 4 records for each distintive group. The layout: 2 Columns of data(Charge and ICV). Charge is an integer and ICV is a single. I need to get the TOP 4 ICVs for each charge. How do I set Grouping and/or Summing to do this? Thank You See: Subquery basics: TOP n records per group at: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#TopN -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Tirelle" <Tirelle@disc...

Page breaks #4
Can anyone enlighten me to the use of page breaks ? I thought if I were to "insert page break" in a spreadsheet where the print range had already been established the printer would automatically divide the print to two pages but this does'nt happen What am I doing or not doing? thanks Mark Go to Page Setup, tab Page and make sure Fit to x by x pages is not ticked. hans >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone enlighten me to the use of page breaks ? > >I thought if I were to "insert page break" in a spreadsheet where the print >range had alread...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

Avoid automatic text to column split while pasting data
I am copying data from Access and pasting it in Excel. The column containing "LastName, FirstName" is automatically getting pasted in 2 columns. I want it to get pasted in one column only. Currently ColA ColB John| Doe I need it to be ColA Thank you! John, Doe You probably used Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by "comma" for some other operation. Excel remembers this.........thank you much<g> Run through Data>Text to Columns with some dummy text and change the delimiter to nothing. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:41:00 -0700, Query...

ADCtool step 4 reports too many objects
All, I am in the process of migrating from an nt4 5.5 exchange server to a win2003 exchange 2003 server. The problem is with step 4 of ADCtool. It completes the first pass ok (reports 254 objects in 5.5 that are replicated to AD) but then says that objects exist in AD that aren't replicated to 5.5 (items processed: 279). I realised that there were some duplicate contacts and conflicting dist groups in AD and deleted them thinking this would fix the problem. It didn't. The strangest part being that the number of ites processed (279) didn't go down. I turned the logging level...

DON=?ISO-8859-1?B?uQ==?=T OPEN MICROSOFT EMAILS!
I think you get the point! However, none of them are actually coming from Microsoft, so it's somewhat inappropriate. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele "Ryan McLeod" <rmcleod1@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:BBA2C448.45C%rmcleod1@san.rr.com... > I think you get the point! > ...

split commissions on order and transfer it to invoice
Customer would like to be able to split commissions between different sales people on an order and then be able to transfer it to an invoice without the information disappearing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

error message when trying to delete messages in inbox
I cannot delete messages in my email inbox. When attempting to delete messages, Outlook says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I continue to get the message even though I restarted Outlook. My mail works fine, but I just cannot delete anything. Does someone know a solution? Can you delete them if you hold shift as you delete? How many items are in the deleted items folder? Are you using any type of AV scanner on the message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

account blocked error code: 550 5.3.4
I get this error message when trying to send email. I don't believe that I have violated the term. Please unlock my account. 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This account is currently blocked from sending messages. If you don't think you've violated the Windows Live Terms of Use, please contact customer support. -- Greeting earthlings Contact your ISP's Customer Support and not WLM -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "1martian" <1martia...

crm 1.2 to crm 3 upgrade time out
CRM upgrade from 1.2 to 3 is failing with a timeout issue on a very large db (almost 16Gb). Any ideas? Event Logs: 15:06:31| Info| Adding attribute :StatusCode To Entity : Email 16:06:55| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. at System.Data.SqlCli...