Trying to get Microsft Money Plus Deluxe to work on 2 machines...

I purchased a boxed version of Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and loaded it onto
my Lenovo Windows Vista laptop with no problems. I then went to load it onto
my Dell Inspiron 6000 Windows XP laptop, but when the Activation screen came
on, it would not allow me to enter all the digits of the Product Key into the
Activation fields. So, I deleted Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe from the Dell
Inspiron 6000 Windows XP laptop, purchased a new version of Microsoft Money
Plus Deluxe (with a unique Product Key), loaded it onto my Dell Inspiron 6000
Windows XP laptop, and now have the same thing happening, where I can not
enter all the digits of the Product Key into the Activation screen. I would
like to get Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe working correctly on my Dell Inspiron
6000 Windows XP laptop.
0
TechMarc (2)
2/2/2008 4:13:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

See if http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/533.aspx applies.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"TechMarc" <TechMarc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I purchased a boxed version of Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and loaded it
>onto
> my Lenovo Windows Vista laptop with no problems. I then went to load it
> onto
> my Dell Inspiron 6000 Windows XP laptop, but when the Activation screen
> came
> on, it would not allow me to enter all the digits of the Product Key into
> the
> Activation fields. So, I deleted Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe from the Dell
> Inspiron 6000 Windows XP laptop, purchased a new version of Microsoft
> Money
> Plus Deluxe (with a unique Product Key), loaded it onto my Dell Inspiron
> 6000
> Windows XP laptop, and now have the same thing happening, where I can not
> enter all the digits of the Product Key into the Activation screen. I
> would
> like to get Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe working correctly on my Dell
> Inspiron
> 6000 Windows XP laptop.

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
2/2/2008 4:34:46 PM

"Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:

> See if http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/533.aspx applies.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "TechMarc" <TechMarc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I purchased a boxed version of Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and loaded it
> >onto
> > my Lenovo Windows Vista laptop with no problems. I then went to load it
> > onto
> > my Dell Inspiron 6000 Windows XP laptop, but when the Activation screen
> > came
> > on, it would not allow me to enter all the digits of the Product Key into
> > the
> > Activation fields. So, I deleted Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe from the Dell
> > Inspiron 6000 Windows XP laptop, purchased a new version of Microsoft
> > Money
> > Plus Deluxe (with a unique Product Key), loaded it onto my Dell Inspiron
> > 6000
> > Windows XP laptop, and now have the same thing happening, where I can not
> > enter all the digits of the Product Key into the Activation screen. I
> > would
> > like to get Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe working correctly on my Dell
> > Inspiron
> > 6000 Windows XP laptop.

This appears to have solved my problem. Thank you so much. Now I wonder if
it was necessary to purchase a second copy of Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.
Thanks again.
0
TechMarc (2)
2/2/2008 4:54:01 PM
You would need to read the EULA. Prior versions allowed you to have one copy
on a desktop m/c and one on a laptop but the terms of the license were that
they shouldn't be used simultaneously.

--

> "Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:
>
>> See if http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/533.aspx applies.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>

>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "TechMarc" <TechMarc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I purchased a boxed version of Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and loaded it
>> >onto
>> > my Lenovo Windows Vista laptop with no problems. I then went to load it
>> > onto
>> > my Dell Inspiron 6000 Windows XP laptop, but when the Activation screen
>> > came
>> > on, it would not allow me to enter all the digits of the Product Key
>> > into
>> > the
>> > Activation fields. So, I deleted Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe from the
>> > Dell
>> > Inspiron 6000 Windows XP laptop, purchased a new version of Microsoft
>> > Money
>> > Plus Deluxe (with a unique Product Key), loaded it onto my Dell
>> > Inspiron
>> > 6000
>> > Windows XP laptop, and now have the same thing happening, where I can
>> > not
>> > enter all the digits of the Product Key into the Activation screen. I
>> > would
>> > like to get Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe working correctly on my Dell
>> > Inspiron
>> > 6000 Windows XP laptop.
>>
> This appears to have solved my problem. Thank you so much. Now I wonder if
> it was necessary to purchase a second copy of Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.
> Thanks again.

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
2/2/2008 5:38:25 PM
In microsoft.public.money, TechMarc wrote:

>Now I wonder if
>it was necessary to purchase a second copy of Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.
>Thanks again.

Based on Help->About->LicenseTerms, I expect it was not.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/2/2008 5:38:40 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Bob Peel, MVP wrote:

>You would need to read the EULA. Prior versions allowed you to have one copy
>on a desktop m/c and one on a laptop but the terms of the license were that
>they shouldn't be used simultaneously.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Want to get rid of UTC offset in serialization of DateTime
Hi everyone! In the following code we get a UTC offset in xml. Since I want my WAP users in UTC+02:00 to see data on a server in some US time zone, a lot of confusion will be created from this behavior. Either I use .NET logic on the server and get server local time or I create xhtml pages directly from serialized objects. Eitherway I'll have to write my own logic to take care of utc offset. Is it possible to override XmlSerializer so what my local desktop user send to the webservice is saved on the server without utc offset? That way, the time that is local to my users will be saved on ...

Mail gets delivered, but never shows up
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has experienced these symptoms before: I can send email through my exchange server (SBS 2003) just fine. Recieving mail is accepted by the SMTP component, and delivered to the appropriate mailbox according to the Message Tracking Center. However, no new mail since last week is showing up in Outlook! To diagnose this, I tried logging in via OWA instead of the full outlook client, only to find that I see the new messages' subject lines, but when I click on a particular subject to load the full message, I get a "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Serve...

range name #2
I have defined a range name for a group of cells. If I add new rows/columns, I want those cells to be included in to the range name automatically. Can you please let me know? Thanks in advance. You should INSERT new rows within the interior rather than tacking data onto the bottom of the list. If you don't want to do that, you must define the range name using a formula like this in the RefersTo box: =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A$1:$A$5000),3) The range will start at A1 and extend down for as many rows as you have data in column A (but no embedded blanks are allows) and 3 columns wide...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Installation of Money 04 with anti-virus
When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message saying that my McAfee Virus Scan might interfere with Money setup, and "can prevent you from using Money to download stock prices and other info..." Any advice? Take the message seriously. And search the archives of the newsgroup at http://groups.google.com; use advanced search and search newsgroup microsoft.public.money. "Clarence" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e201c3ce58$bc73dea0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message > saying that my...

Passport and quotes in Money
Been posting that can not download any quotes for update investments. Know online because can use certain parts of money. See that a passport may be needed in order to down load quotes. If enter my passport which works on MSN it will not work on Money, keep saying try and enter you passport again. Never had a problem with Quicken so getting close to deleting money and installing an old quicken. Good. Then post their newsgroup complaints can. "L" <grchavnf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:034201c3cd66$94473a00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Been posting that can not download a...

Recorded macros not working using the shortcut keys
Hello, I have recorded two macros that work fine except they do not run using the shortcut keys I defined. I've stepped through the macros and the shortcut keys are in the scripts, but I can only run them by pulling up the list of macros and selecting the macro and clicking run. I'm using Office 2007 in XP. TIA, Robert When you pull up the list of Macros and select your macro, go to the options box and create a shortcut key. On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 06:11:40 -0800 (PST), CurlyDave <davesexcel@gmail.com> wrote: >When you pull up the list of Macros and select your macro, go to...

Notify Alert does not work in Excel
In a network environment, opening an Excel workbook that is already opened by someone else, prompts me with a choice of "Open as Read-Only, or choose Notify to be alerted when it is available". Although I choose "Notify", I do not receive any notification when the file is closed. Is there a setting within MS Office that needs to be configured for this feature to work? ...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

Storage Groups #2
OK, Are there any advantages to having multiple Message Stores in a single Storage Group, vice splitting out the Message Stores over several Storage Groups... I am assuming that if I put two message stores in a storage group, I will still end up with a single MDB. Thanks Carl On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:16:43 -0400, "Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: >OK, Are there any advantages to having multiple Message Stores in a single >Storage Group, vice splitting out the Message Stores over several Storage >Groups... I am assuming that if I put two message stor...

Money 2007 online issues?
I recently installed money 2007. I previously owned the 2004 version. I am trying to set up my online banking accounts thru USAA. When I go to do this, and try to chose my bank, in red text, it says "list is temporarily unavailable". When I try and just do updates, it will not let me. Also, when I try to sign in, it says that my windows live accoutn can not be verified, please go online and try again. So i'm getting the impression that money 2007 is somehow not connected to the internet. I have verizon FIOS so I know I am connected. Also, i noticed that everytime I try to ...

How do I format charge card numbers? #2
I want to format cells to accept charge card numbers with the spaces. Hi with the selected cell, right click, select Format Cells, select custom, and enter "0"'s where you want digits, and spaces where you want spaces, eg"0000 0000 0000 000". While when entering it will not have spaces, it will enter correctly. "tspraetz" wrote: > I want to format cells to accept charge card numbers with the spaces. Kassie, I did that, but for some reason it changes the last digit to a zero. "Kassie" wrote: > Hi > > with the selected cell, r...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

How can I get toolbar buttons back?
I accidently removed the buttons on the toolbar. It was the icons for home, page, options (I think) and some others. I was tryimg to customize and clicked on something that made those disappear. How can I get them back? -- my_realtor (Linda) Right click on the Toolbar | Customize | Add or Remove Commands and add them back. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "my_realtor" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3726FE3F-F5B8-4EF8-868B-009799DB8A8C@microsoft.com... >I accidently removed the button...

user doesn't get internet mail
hi, i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. he can get from inside and send with no problem. thank you ron On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:19:04 -0800, "iz" <iz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, >i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. >he can get from inside and send with no problem. >thank you >ron Has he actually got an smtp address on his mailbox properties? Internal mail in 5.5 doesn't use the smtp ...

How do I install Excel 2000 Analysis Tool Pak? #2
Operating system is XP. Office 2000 came installed. I am trying to calculate CUMPRINC, but can not do so without Add In form Analysis Tool Pak, which is not installed. Don't have disc with Tool Pak on it. Hoew do I find it online, download and install it? AFAIK, it's not available on-line. You must find your CD. On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:51:03 -0700, "jamo" <jamo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Operating system is XP. Office 2000 came installed. I am trying to calculate >CUMPRINC, but can not do so without Add In form Analysis Tool Pak, which is >not ins...

Getting Exchange Protocol Virtual Server Status (Start,Stop,Paused)
Hi All, We can see Virtual servers for every protocols on 'Exchange System Manager'. By right clicking the each virtual severs we can see the status as (Start, stop or Paused). But I like to get status information programmatically. Can any one can provide a snap or code or any link that will help me to get the above information. Thanks in Advance Manu I don't know but I would think this would be exposed through CDOEXM. PaulB "Manu" <dinil_kv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OohMS9zvFHA.2956@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > > > We ca...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Getting Tab Text
Hi, I have a Tab Control with Tabs. I'm trying to get the Tab Text. I can get the tab and set the text no problem. But, when I try to read the text, pszText is alway's a <Bad Ptr> If I immediately get the Item after I set the Item, It shows the Text. //Initially setting Tab Text. TCITEM tcItem; tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT; tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer(); String.ReleaseBuffer(); //I don't think this matters. It fails both with and without. c_TabCtrl.InsertItem(c_TabCtrl.GetItemCount(), &tcItem); //Trying to get Tab Text TCITEM tcItem; tcItem.mask = TCI...

TRowePrice or Ameritrade in Money 2005
Does these both work well with Money 2005? Are they both good brokerages? John wrote in <vcmdnXgwObb1KMXcRVn-rw@comcast.com>: >Does these both work well with Money 2005? >Are they both good brokerages? > I've used TRowePrice for years with no complaints, but I'm no Warren Buffet. Money 2005 has been screwing up my investment balances though. It used to work great with Money 2002. They are both reputable firms. At the present time, I am unable to download any of my Ameritrade account data with Money 2005. From a few other reports, Ameritrade is not working with ...

How to get add-in functions to show up in function list?
I managed to create an add-in (test.xlam) and get in installed. It has one function: Function myarea(length As Variant, width As Variant) myarea = length * width End Function If I enter "=myarea(3,4)" in a cell, I get 12. What I don't get is prompted with the name of the function. If I type "=m", I am offered choices from Match to Multinomial, but not MyArea. Can I get my add-in functions listed and then, once selected, promted for the arguments? Which version of Excel are you using? In Excel 2007 you get user defined functiona listed as well as the bui...

How to enter a new car (and sale of old one) in Money 2004
How to I enter a new car? I just bought a new car with a loan, a $100 credit card deposit and a large down payment from my checking account. I'm able to set up the car and the loan, but what are my offsets for the transactions to my checking and credit card accounts? I have an accounting background and I would expect to debit an asset account (the car) and credit the checking, credit card and loan accounts, buy Money won't let me do that. I tried entering the car with a zero balance. Then I put the check in trying to use splits of a greater amount for the car and negatives ...

Get 'Requesting data...' message
I moved my computer to a totally different domain. Ever since then I periodically get a screen that pops up while in Outlook that says 'Requesting data from server E01...' E01 is the Exchange server on the OLD domain. I am not connected to the domain on which this server resides. I've looked everywhere in my Outlook setup to try to determine why it's looking for E01 and I can't find it anywhere. I believe this is also causing some latency problems; for example, after composing an e-mail and clicking on Send, it can sometimes take 10-15 seconds before the e-ma...

archive date not working
When I try to archive my money file, it does not use the date option. I asked it to archive, selected a date of 1/1/00 (and also 12/31/99). When the archive was created, it had everything from 1995 through today, 2003. I just purchased Money 2004 Deluxe. Have never used archive before. Suggest you forget all about archive - it is an absolute pain in the butt and causes more problems than it theoretically solves. Many of us have been very happily running for 8 years or more without ever archiving. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.c...