Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005

I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium
this evening.  I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version.

I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web"
option in Settings.  It said that I had to disable Bill
Pay first before it would continue and that it would
enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete.
Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again.  I
can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills,
but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore.

When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank
accounts that are enabled for direct banking.  I also see
MSN Bill Pay listed under Bill Payment Provider.  On that
same Bill Pay line, there is nothing listed under Payment
Accounts, and under To Do it says "Set up online
services".  Now if I click that, I am taken to the MSN
Bill Pay site where it asks me to enter my PIN.  I do so,
and I'm logged into the Bill Pay website with no further
instructions.  I went to Settings and clicked on
Microsoft Money where it says to click to integrate with
Money.  I am then asked to enter a temporary password.
Above that it says that once I enter the temporary
password, that Money will ask me for that password when I
am returned to Money.  I enter the temporary password and
am taken to the scheduled payments (Bills) screen in
Money.  I'm not asked for any passwords and I'm in the
same boat I was before that big circle.

Does anyone know what I need to do to correct this?  I
really need to be able to monitor and pay my bills from
within Money.  It's funny how dependant I have become of
this feature.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike
0
anonymous (74723)
9/17/2004 5:29:38 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Mike,

I can imagine your frustration.  Unfortunately you're on the cutting
edge and I suspect we'll be looking to you for pointers in the very
near future.  Meanwhile, one possibility is that it was just a case of
bad timing as a later post has indicated MSN Bill Pay was down (no
doubt fine tuning for the nonsense you experienced).  See below and
best of luck to you (let us know how you make out)...

Regards,
JB

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<2ad901c49c77$5376ea80$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium
> this evening.  I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version.
>
> I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web"
> option in Settings.  It said that I had to disable Bill
> Pay first before it would continue and that it would
> enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete.
> Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again.  I
> can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills,
> but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore.
>
> When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank
> accounts that are enabled for direct banking.  I also see
> MSN Bill Pay listed under Bill Payment Provider.  On that
> same Bill Pay line, there is nothing listed under Payment
> Accounts, and under To Do it says "Set up online
> services".  Now if I click that, I am taken to the MSN
> Bill Pay site where it asks me to enter my PIN.  I do so,
> and I'm logged into the Bill Pay website with no further
> instructions.  I went to Settings and clicked on
> Microsoft Money where it says to click to integrate with
> Money.  I am then asked to enter a temporary password.
> Above that it says that once I enter the temporary
> password, that Money will ask me for that password when I
> am returned to Money.  I enter the temporary password and
> am taken to the scheduled payments (Bills) screen in
> Money.  I'm not asked for any passwords and I'm in the
> same boat I was before that big circle.
>
> Does anyone know what I need to do to correct this?  I
> really need to be able to monitor and pay my bills from
> within Money.  It's funny how dependant I have become of
> this feature.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Mike
0
johnbusc (409)
9/17/2004 8:55:42 PM
Thanks JB.  I was on the phone with Microsoft Support
with someone in India for about an hour just now and they
were unable to resolve the issues.  They said that they
are going to research the issue and call me back tomorrow.

He did say that they were having some issues with Money
2005 synchronizing with MSN Money which was being worked
on.  I have no ETA on when that will be fixed.  I'll be
sure to post an update here once I hear back from them
tomorrow.

-Mike

0
anonymous (74723)
9/18/2004 12:00:46 AM
Mike,

Just to let you know, I am having the EXACT same
problem.  I was lucky enough to have a recent backup file
to retore and have MSN BillPay active again.

Along with this problem, I am also unable to set up
online ervices for new accounts.  Everytime I attempt to
set up a new account to use online services it tells me
that I need to disable MSN BillPay, etc.. etc.. and won't
allow me to just setup the service.

I guess that's what we get for being MS beta testers.
Someday they might realize that fixing bugs in programs
is more important than adding features.. we can only
hope...

0
anonymous (74723)
9/18/2004 9:14:40 PM
I worked on this problem all day yesterday.  I did find
the key. When you leave MSN Bill pay and are back in Money
2005. go to manage passwords and put in your temp.
password in for MSN Bill pay. then click Advanced and it
will ask you to change your password.  Then it should
work.  On setting up Online services, I found out that
there is a file missing something to do with FI partners.
I'm hoping that MS does an update to add the missing files
in the right directories.

I hope this helps.

0
anonymous (74723)
9/20/2004 1:25:09 PM
I'm not quite sure where that manage passwords option
is.  I don't see it anywhere in the Bills screen.  Thanks
a lot for your help!

0
anonymous (74723)
9/21/2004 6:19:32 AM
File -> Manage Passwords

> I'm not quite sure where that manage passwords option
> is.  I don't see it anywhere in the Bills screen.  Thanks
> a lot for your help!

0
johnbusc (409)
9/21/2004 4:44:57 PM
Jack,

Your response is the Shizzle~!!!  :)  Now I finally have a working
product!!!!!  Geez, why did it take two months to get here--step by
excruciating step!

Chris

"Jack" wrote:

> I worked on this problem all day yesterday.  I did find
> the key. When you leave MSN Bill pay and are back in Money
> 2005. go to manage passwords and put in your temp.
> password in for MSN Bill pay. then click Advanced and it
> will ask you to change your password.  Then it should
> work.  On setting up Online services, I found out that
> there is a file missing something to do with FI partners.
> I'm hoping that MS does an update to add the missing files
> in the right directories.
>
> I hope this helps.

0
cbm_flyer (2)

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Outlook Connector Not Working
Getting the following error.. Have de-installed/re-installed both the connector and outlook a couple of times...any suggestions... Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Application Timestamp: 4542840f Fault Module Name: StackHash_942c Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b Exception Code: c0000374 Exception Offset: 000cdcbb OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 942c Additional Information 2: 942c67ae768f62718e8b8755256a5a74 Additional Information 3: be05 ...

formula to get true average
Hi, I need a formula to achieve a average for some mutual funds I have purchased over a period of years. Column A contains the number of shares I have purchased and Column C contain the price per share and Column D contains the cost for these shares. For example column A2 contains 130.29 and Column C2 contains $18.30 and Column D2 contains $2,484.25. Each cell in Column A contains a different number of shares and likewise so does column C and D. I have 40 cells in Column A each with a different number of shares and Column C has 50 cells each with a different amount per share and Colum...

Calendar for work program
Hi, I would like to create a form that has the months shown for example in a grid - and within the grid, a combo box that has the different tasks that needs to be done during that month. Is that possible to do- A Flex Grid Control will probably do what you want. Have a look at - http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Flex%20Grid%20Demo.mdb' for some examples. It is not possible to place a Combo box control in the grid but perhaps you can add a bit of code to expand the grid cell to show extra information when you click in the cell. Peter Hibbs. On Fri, 2...

Users get locked out
I've got an app in VB6 that users access as a database. Some users are reporting that it is all working ok until 1 particular user connects to the database. When they do they get the error below. On several occasions I've sent an email saying that it must be network permissions and not had a reply. Usually that means it fixed the issue and they don't want to admit it was their fault but it makes it difficult because I have no idea what the solution was. Has anyone encountered this? Is there an easy way to reproduce it on my machine? I don't think it's anything to do ...

Money 2005 bug in loan amortization?
I may have found one. In Money on my mortgage I clicked on the link on the left that says "Analyze Loan". The table that then displays looks errant. For example, next month the principal is $178, in January it's $149, in February $150, then in Martch it's $239. To my knowledge on a thirty year fixed note, the principal is a small amount at the front end of the loan and then ever so slighty increases from month to month until you cross over about 2/3rds of the way into the loan with the prinicipal amount becoming more than the interest. This jumping all about just d...

Auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. not working #2
I use OL2003 and have checked the box to auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. This hasn't worked has become very annoying.I use Outlook as the editor, not Word. OS is XPsp2 It is a Word feature so you must be using Word for this to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, swoffa asked: | I use OL2003 and have checked the box to auto correct the accidental | use of cAPS LOCK. This hasn't worked has be...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

Need to get result of a select query in code
I have a select statement that I need to run in code. The select statement needs to reference 2 variables which are in the code. I know that the usual way to run a select in code is with DLookup. This if fine because I only need 1 column of 1 record even though the select can return more than 1 record. But, the query needs to reference those 2 variables in the code. How can I run a select in code which references 2 fields in the code and get the result of 1 record (only)? If necessary I could put those 2 values in textboxes on forms as I have several queries which reference textbox...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

Get a Sony Laptop with Genuine windows7 Premium!!!
Get a Sony Laptop with Genuine windows7 Premium For more details http://jobinfoworld.webnode.com ...

unexpected conversion trouble

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

HotFix to SP2
I can receive email but cannot send it. Using Outlook 2002 & XP. Everything has worked fine for 2 years and now noe ability to send. I get error messages 0x800CCC0B and 0x8004210B. I have download SP1 and SP2. Neither fixed the problem. I say information that there was a HotFix to SP2 that fixes this problem. Any idea on how to get the hotfix? The September 5, 2003 Hotfix? Like the article stated; contact Microsoft. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: ...

New RR ISP and Business POP3 Not Working
Recently due to ISP purchase, I was switched from Comcast to Road Runner ISP. With Comcast everything was fine. Now when accessing my business email with RR I get the error: "pop3 was found but there was no response..." This is from any computer fed directly into the modem. I can take my laptop to another outside location, and it works fine. In addition, I cannot access the webmail interface from RR, though I can access any other website. I have purchased a new modem due to RR saying I had low power? New cabling, all to negative results. Has anyone had this problem? ...

How do I get the font color to change automatically depending on
How do I get the font color to change automatically depending on whether it is a positive or negative number? Example: if negative auto change to red, If positive number change to green, zero balance auto change to black. Take a look at Format|Conditional formatting. gtcarlsbad wrote: > > How do I get the font color to change automatically depending on whether it > is a positive or negative number? Example: if negative auto change to red, > If positive number change to green, zero balance auto change to black. -- Dave Peterson Go to Format - Conditional format Is very e...

rules getting disabled
Sometimes one or more rules are being disabled without warning. The rules work fine, then the checkbox in the Rules list gets unchecked. The rules run on an IMAP inbox and move or copy items to Personal Folders. Does anyone know why rules turn themselves off? More info: Outlook 2007, Windows 7 "Gitche Gumee" wrote: > Sometimes one or more rules are being disabled without warning. The rules > work fine, then the checkbox in the Rules list gets unchecked. The rules run > on an IMAP inbox and move or copy items to Personal Folders. Does anyone know > wh...

Problem running Money 2004 HELP!!
I just installed money 2004 standard but when i try to run it this error message appears: Runtime Error! Program:C:\Programsfiles\microsoftmoney\system\msmoney.exe abnormal program termination i tried a couple of things but its still not working. ...

Short cuts & Dictionary not working in Outlook 2003...
Hi I am having a problem in my Outlook 2003. The problem is the auto dictionary is not working. i.e. it is not whowing underline (Red and Green) to any of the errors. Moreove the shortcuts like Shift+F7, CTL+Shift+> (for font size increment)and CTL+Shift+< (for font size reduction)are also not working. Though F7 is working. The problem started when i uninstalled my MS Word 2003 and installed Word 2000. The solve the problem i have tried to install the MS Word 2003 again. Still it was not working. So i have unstalled the whole Office and installed full office 2003. But still I am not ab...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

Trouble sorting a table???
Using Excel 2002) I am relatively new to Excel and can only really perform simple functions in a basic spreadsheet. The spreadsheet I'm having trouble with is pretty basic, but I'm having trouble sorting some of the results from a table. (I'll try and explain as best as I can) I have 10 people that I'm tracking 5 different things for (dates, debts, credits, items, number of transactions, and their balance as calculated in this table by simple SUM functions) I then have another table with these same 10 people with their total balance. This is the table I'm having t...

Getting Callbacks from Embedded Excel
To All: I have been working with embedded excel described on the following URL: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311546 I have been successfully able to add the excel control to my Visual C++ .NET/MFC program. However, I have a problem getting the changed data in excel. For instance when the control is working the user can make changes anywhere in excel control in any worksheet/cells. I want to be able to get the updated excel data from excel in my c++/MFC program. This means that anytime a user make changes in excel there is callback from excel control to my c++/MFC program. I have tried ...

Any news when MS will release MS Money Offline version?
Any news when MS will release MS Money Offline version? This fall or later? No news, but sometime between now and then seems about right. IF they really do what they've said they'll do (and I do consider the possibility they won't) there is no burning need to do it before 1/31/2011. "bullka" <bullka@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9E91C092-F2A3-4284-82BE-CB1CB945BCB8@microsoft.com... > Any news when MS will release MS Money Offline version? > > This fall or later? Thanks for your opinion. Would be better to get it this fall and no...

future of getting Hotmail in Outlook
I am reading that free Hotmail users will not be able to get Hotmail through Outlook or OE in the future, but I have a subscription, which I assume makes me a "pay" Hotmail customer. How is Outlook going to know that, or am I going to have to open MSN9 each time to synchronize? Thank you. ...