transferring money from one computer to another

Folks,

I just got this laptop which I really like, but
unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get my MS Money
program (not the files-- that's a no-brainer) to my new
computer.  I downloaded the program and did not get the
CD for it.  Is there a way to do it?  Both of these
computers are mine, so I should be able to, but I can't
figure it out.

Thanks!
Govind...
0
govind (1)
8/18/2004 2:14:15 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

There are almost no apps that can be moved from one machine to another these
day. Almost all require having the installation routines. This is why I
always recommend against "download" installations.

In microsoft.public.money, Govind wrote:

>I just got this laptop which I really like, but
>unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get my MS Money
>program (not the files-- that's a no-brainer) to my new
>computer.  I downloaded the program and did not get the
>CD for it.  Is there a way to do it?  Both of these
>computers are mine, so I should be able to, but I can't
>figure it out.

See http://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/PurchaseQuestion.asp

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Money 2007 Help
I'm a new user to Money so I'm not very knowledgeable about all it's features as yet. I've setup an investment brokerage account in Money and have been downloading my investments now for several weeks. Everything seems to agree except for a few items. In my cash balance, Money seems to have missed one or two interest payment on some Mutual funds. In addition, I recently purchased a broker CD. That money has not been deducted from my Money cash account even though it appears in my broker account. So far, I've been making manual adjustment to correct the account. Why ...

about transfer order

Problems in copying a Collection to another and removing elements from two Collections
Hi, two questions on Collections: 1. in VBA, the only way to copy the items (not just the references) of a collection c1 to another collection c2 is to go through each element of c1 with a For Each Next and Add each item to c2, right? 2. I have a collection c1 containing some objects to be deleted (the ones for which the Defective property is True). I want to delete them from c1 and at the same time to delete the objects in the same position from another collection c2. See code below: Sub RemoveDefectivesfromColns(c1 As Collection, c2 As Collection) Dim obj as Object, I As L...

money 2005 and putnam
I'm currently using Money 2005, and I love it... except for one thing. I have a 401k with Putnam Investments. I would like to be able to update my 401k using the update button, but Putnam doesn't seem to be in the list of financial institutions. I know that typically means that MS Money 2005 doesn't support Putnam accounts, but I tried quicken 2005, and it downloaded all my Putnam transaction without a problem. I have absolutely no intention of converting to quicken. I was just curious if someone knows of a way to get my account synced. I can export my data from Putnam&...

Transfering messages

Budget Problems using Money 2004
When trying to set up a budget, I want to include my mortgage payments in the budget. I've got the mortgage set up using the "loan" option so that I transfer payments from my bank account to the "loan" account after each payment. In the budget, it shows my mortgage amount under the "actual" column but it won't allow me to "budget" for the mortgage payment. How can I fix this problem so that my mortgage payments (and other debt payments) show up in the budget planner? Otherwise, the only expenses that show are the "interest" port...

Nero disables Money
downloaded Nero 6.0 Demo to try out, also tried MyDVD Deluxe and decided to use that one...but Nero interferes with MyDVD and I cannot edit video...So, I uninstall Nero, but it removes files that Money 2003 needs to open...Which files need to be replaced that they have in common? anyone else experience this? ps Nero is immune to system, restore...go back to a point before Nero was even downloaded and it still appears in the system and is fully functional In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote: >downloaded Nero 6.0 Demo to try out, also tried MyDVD >Deluxe and decided to use...

Computer Problem!
My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix that? James Moore "James" <jamo1937@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4082df64-90ec-4b18-8242-fed29ee62b92@t23g2000yqt.googlegroups.com... > My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and > fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This > happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix > that? ...

HR Position Transfers

Passing RetrieveGlobals9's Connection Object from IM to another dl
I am using RetrieveGlobals9 to get a connection and successfully connecting to the database from within script events in Integration Manager. However, when I tried to pass the open connection to another (VB.Net) application from within the script, I get an error, "Class does not support automation." Is this something that I can fix by rewriting the VB.Net application, or will that always happen when I try to call an external .dll from within Integration Manager? Thanks in advance. ...

Windows Easy Transfer

Money 2007 delete previous versions?
I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money 2004 SB. Does the upgrade wipe out any previous version so that I can't go back if I don't want to commit to the upgrade? I'm running XP SP2. Thanks, Brett It will give you the chance to select yes or no to remove it Steve -- Steve steven_morrison69@hotmail.com "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1163964503.767879.204210@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money > 2004 SB. Does the upgrade w...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

two domains in one outlook profile
Hey, Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have their FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By default, when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com. Is there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when they need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees ...

Spending Tracker on My Money Page
I have a strange problem after I have upgraded to MS Money 2006 Deluxe from MS Money 2005 Standard. On the "home page" or the My Money Page, I have the "Spending Tracker: This Month" window displayed. I have included four categories by going to the "Change the spending areas you watch closely" link in the window, but when I go back to the My Money page five categories appear - the four I chose and one additional one. Prior to the upgrade, I had four categories showing by design - I deleted one and added one more. The one I deleted still shows - in addit...

lost date pull down money 2001
how do i get the date pull down to work again in money 2001 register ...

Category missing in Money 2003
One of my main Money Expense categories is "Groceries," but in my Budget, this category is missing. "Add" won't add this category. Whereis it? How do I add it to my Budget? Thx, Jeff Is it the subcategory Food:Groceries? "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:068c01c3dde9$0e321eb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > One of my main Money Expense categories is "Groceries," > but in my Budget, this category is missing. "Add" won't > add this category. Whereis it? How do I add it to my > Budget? ...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Multiply values in one column by values in another column
Hi, I'm sure this must have been posted before but I can't seem to get my search terms accurate enough to find it. I have two columns: "Number of containers" and "Volume of container". I want to multiply these to give me the total volume of all containers: (A1*B1)+(A2*B2)+(A3*B3)... I could create this long formula manually, but I'm sure there must be a better way. Naturally, I could do this by creating a new column, multiplying each row and then adding the values in the third column but, again, I'm sure there must be a more elegant solution. Any suggestio...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. 2005 created a brand new account with my recent activity in it, not my original checking account. It did the exact same thing with my credit card account - made a duplicate. Seeing other posts about this issue I selected the "Merge accounts" option on the far left. The "merge" page di...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...

Money Plus with Vista
I am a Quicken 2007 user. I have a new computer with Vista. Quicken and Vista do not play well together, therefore, I am inquiring about Vista and Money Plus. Any compatibility issues? Also, I notice (on the Money website) that the Quicken converter only works through Quicken 2006. Any one have any further info on that. Thank you. -- Mary In microsoft.public.money, SE Louisiana wrote: >I am a Quicken 2007 user. I have a new computer with Vista. Quicken and >Vista do not play well together, therefore, I am inquiring about Vista and >Money Plus. Any compatibility issu...

Which Transfer In?
A question for you all, which our support company can not answer... If branch 5 receives a transfer from another branch of 64 of item 68209, but the paperwork is missing, and there is no label on the box to say which branch it has come from, is there a quick way of finding the correct Transfer in document? We have tried the Item movement and item movement history reports, but the answer is NO!. Basically, look through all of the transfers in, until you find the correct one. I'm, after a report or a solution which does not involve Store Administrator, as it should be an easy to us...

Activation Transfer
We currently have Publisher installed on our 3 computers. We have a computer we are replacing in our department. I need to know how I deactivate the computer we are replacing and transfer the activation onto the computer we are replacing it with. Thanks. There is no "deactivation". Uninstall it from old computer. Install it on new computer. Select telephone activation if necessary. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44CF7...