Transfering Money from account to account

I am having problems transfering money from account to account or paying off
my credit cards in Money 05.

All my accounts are set at automatically downloading the transactions.  In
my checking account a payment of 500 dollars was transferred to my savings
account (sep bank).  In my savings account, 500 dollars was recieved.

In my reports section in Money it shows the 500 dollars, in the category
Credit Card Payments/Transfers which I assigned, as the largest spending by
Category for the month.
Also it is the 2nd largest in spending by Payee.

I dont want the report to show this as an expense and as income, but rather
a simple transfer.  What am I doing wrong?

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Justin wrote:

>I am having problems transfering money from account to account or paying off
>my credit cards in Money 05.
>
>All my accounts are set at automatically downloading the transactions.  In
>my checking account a payment of 500 dollars was transferred to my savings
>account (sep bank).  In my savings account, 500 dollars was recieved.
>
>In my reports section in Money it shows the 500 dollars, in the category
>Credit Card Payments/Transfers which I assigned, as the largest spending by
>Category for the month.
>Also it is the 2nd largest in spending by Payee.
>
>I dont want the report to show this as an expense and as income, but rather
>a simple transfer.  What am I doing wrong?

I would set
Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->DisplayAllAccountsInTheAdvancedAccountRegister

Then for the category, go to the bottom of the list under SPECIAL
and use *that* transfer. In fact, I would delete the "Credit Card
Payments/Transfers" category.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Money 2007 Help
I'm a new user to Money so I'm not very knowledgeable about all it's features as yet. I've setup an investment brokerage account in Money and have been downloading my investments now for several weeks. Everything seems to agree except for a few items. In my cash balance, Money seems to have missed one or two interest payment on some Mutual funds. In addition, I recently purchased a broker CD. That money has not been deducted from my Money cash account even though it appears in my broker account. So far, I've been making manual adjustment to correct the account. Why ...

about transfer order

money 2005 and putnam
I'm currently using Money 2005, and I love it... except for one thing. I have a 401k with Putnam Investments. I would like to be able to update my 401k using the update button, but Putnam doesn't seem to be in the list of financial institutions. I know that typically means that MS Money 2005 doesn't support Putnam accounts, but I tried quicken 2005, and it downloaded all my Putnam transaction without a problem. I have absolutely no intention of converting to quicken. I was just curious if someone knows of a way to get my account synced. I can export my data from Putnam&...

Transfering messages

Budget Problems using Money 2004
When trying to set up a budget, I want to include my mortgage payments in the budget. I've got the mortgage set up using the "loan" option so that I transfer payments from my bank account to the "loan" account after each payment. In the budget, it shows my mortgage amount under the "actual" column but it won't allow me to "budget" for the mortgage payment. How can I fix this problem so that my mortgage payments (and other debt payments) show up in the budget planner? Otherwise, the only expenses that show are the "interest" port...

IM-Vendor Additional Accounts
Does anyone know how you can add additional accounts for vendors in Integration Manager? I see you can upload 1 additional purchase account but IM doesn't allow you to map additional accounts. Any ideas? Thanks! Sherry, To upload additional vendor accounts, you will need to define a new record source with the vendor ID and all the accounts you would like to upload, something like this: ADVANCED0001, 100-1002-102 ADVANCED0001, 100-1002-103 ADVANCED0001, 100-1002-103 ... ... And so on. You will then have to relate this to the Vendor by vendor ID in the relationships window and ...

Nero disables Money
downloaded Nero 6.0 Demo to try out, also tried MyDVD Deluxe and decided to use that one...but Nero interferes with MyDVD and I cannot edit video...So, I uninstall Nero, but it removes files that Money 2003 needs to open...Which files need to be replaced that they have in common? anyone else experience this? ps Nero is immune to system, restore...go back to a point before Nero was even downloaded and it still appears in the system and is fully functional In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote: >downloaded Nero 6.0 Demo to try out, also tried MyDVD >Deluxe and decided to use...

Multiple OWners of an Account 12-09-03
Has anyone figured out a way to have multiple owners on an account? Thanks Yes, a team can own an account. It is the only way, and will likely not ever change. Mike McGuinness Lead Developer GaleForce Solutions "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085501c3be62$3ad18d30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone figured out a way to have multiple owners on > an account? > > Thanks ...

HR Position Transfers

Windows Easy Transfer

Money 2007 delete previous versions?
I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money 2004 SB. Does the upgrade wipe out any previous version so that I can't go back if I don't want to commit to the upgrade? I'm running XP SP2. Thanks, Brett It will give you the chance to select yes or no to remove it Steve -- Steve steven_morrison69@hotmail.com "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1163964503.767879.204210@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money > 2004 SB. Does the upgrade w...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

Spending Tracker on My Money Page
I have a strange problem after I have upgraded to MS Money 2006 Deluxe from MS Money 2005 Standard. On the "home page" or the My Money Page, I have the "Spending Tracker: This Month" window displayed. I have included four categories by going to the "Change the spending areas you watch closely" link in the window, but when I go back to the My Money page five categories appear - the four I chose and one additional one. Prior to the upgrade, I had four categories showing by design - I deleted one and added one more. The one I deleted still shows - in addit...

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

lost date pull down money 2001
how do i get the date pull down to work again in money 2001 register ...

Category missing in Money 2003
One of my main Money Expense categories is "Groceries," but in my Budget, this category is missing. "Add" won't add this category. Whereis it? How do I add it to my Budget? Thx, Jeff Is it the subcategory Food:Groceries? "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:068c01c3dde9$0e321eb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > One of my main Money Expense categories is "Groceries," > but in my Budget, this category is missing. "Add" won't > add this category. Whereis it? How do I add it to my > Budget? ...

adding outlook web access account to regular outlook?
How do I add my outlook web access account to regular outlook? Can I? Does the fact that it is a student account matter? No, you'll need to use your browser for OWA.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Monica" <Monica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:03686868-E751-42FB-9030-D09E1979CBCE@microsoft.com... ...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. 2005 created a brand new account with my recent activity in it, not my original checking account. It did the exact same thing with my credit card account - made a duplicate. Seeing other posts about this issue I selected the "Merge accounts" option on the far left. The "merge" page di...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...

Forwarding? using another account
I am using Outlook 2003, XP. I need to setup a filter(?) so that every incoming mail will be sent to another account having in mind a couple details: 1 - The 'forwarding' must be done from a different account (so that a specific SMTP can be used). 2 - If something wrong happens delivering the forwarded mail, no error message must be sent to the original sender. Thanks Henry Better is to go about this the other way; have the account that you forward the message to collect the emails itself. Many web based accounts like Gmail and Live Hotmail support this and a probably your own I...

Money Plus with Vista
I am a Quicken 2007 user. I have a new computer with Vista. Quicken and Vista do not play well together, therefore, I am inquiring about Vista and Money Plus. Any compatibility issues? Also, I notice (on the Money website) that the Quicken converter only works through Quicken 2006. Any one have any further info on that. Thank you. -- Mary In microsoft.public.money, SE Louisiana wrote: >I am a Quicken 2007 user. I have a new computer with Vista. Quicken and >Vista do not play well together, therefore, I am inquiring about Vista and >Money Plus. Any compatibility issu...

Which Transfer In?
A question for you all, which our support company can not answer... If branch 5 receives a transfer from another branch of 64 of item 68209, but the paperwork is missing, and there is no label on the box to say which branch it has come from, is there a quick way of finding the correct Transfer in document? We have tried the Item movement and item movement history reports, but the answer is NO!. Basically, look through all of the transfers in, until you find the correct one. I'm, after a report or a solution which does not involve Store Administrator, as it should be an easy to us...

Activation Transfer
We currently have Publisher installed on our 3 computers. We have a computer we are replacing in our department. I need to know how I deactivate the computer we are replacing and transfer the activation onto the computer we are replacing it with. Thanks. There is no "deactivation". Uninstall it from old computer. Install it on new computer. Select telephone activation if necessary. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44CF7...