Transfering a Money file to a laptop

I have recently converted from Quicken to Money 2005. I have Money istalled
on my home PC and I wish to be able to transfer my Money fioe to my laptop to
have it available when away from home. I have installed Money on the laptop
and backed up my file to a USB device but when I try to restore the file to
the laptop I am unable to do so getting a message saying "....the file can't
be located, or it is read only, or I don't have permission, or it is
write-protected", none of which are correct. If I copy the file directlt to
my laptop and try to open it I get the same message!
How can I transfer, and access, my file on my laptop?
--
David
0

Check the M2005 versions on both PC and Laptop. Should both end in 1105. I
suspect the Laptop doesn't and hasn't had the latest patch downloaded. On
the Laptop navigate to the sample.mny file, double click on the file name,
let Money fire up and wait until it has downloaded the patch.

Rather than using the backup file(s) you can copy the real .mny to USB and
then to Laptop (and vice versa).

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"DavidW" <DavidW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently converted from Quicken to Money 2005. I have Money istalled
> on my home PC and I wish to be able to transfer my Money fioe to my laptop
> have it available when away from home. I have installed Money on the
> laptop
> and backed up my file to a USB device but when I try to restore the file
> the laptop I am unable to do so getting a message saying "....the file
> can't
> be located, or it is read only, or I don't have permission, or it is
> write-protected", none of which are correct. If I copy the file directlt
> my laptop and try to open it I get the same message!
> How can I transfer, and access, my file on my laptop?
> --
> David

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
9/26/2005 8:58:46 AM
See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqfb.php?q=177 for more information on Bob's
recommendation.

In article <eUe7DinwFHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
Bob_Peel@kiandraNOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk says...
> Check the M2005 versions on both PC and Laptop. Should both end in 1105. I
> suspect the Laptop doesn't and hasn't had the latest patch downloaded. On
> the Laptop navigate to the sample.mny file, double click on the file name,
> let Money fire up and wait until it has downloaded the patch.
>
> Rather than using the backup file(s) you can copy the real .mny to USB and
> then to Laptop (and vice versa).

The is a great little FREE application called goodsync
(www.goodsync.com) that I use to synchronize my real .mny file between
my home computer/USB drive/work computer.
--
Robin
Charleston, WV

Money 2007 Help
I'm a new user to Money so I'm not very knowledgeable about all it's features as yet. I've setup an investment brokerage account in Money and have been downloading my investments now for several weeks. Everything seems to agree except for a few items. In my cash balance, Money seems to have missed one or two interest payment on some Mutual funds. In addition, I recently purchased a broker CD. That money has not been deducted from my Money cash account even though it appears in my broker account. So far, I've been making manual adjustment to correct the account. Why ...

Stopping avi, jpeg, bmp and mpeg files...
Hi Team, What are you using to block avi, jpeg, bmp and mpeg files? Is there a way natively that Exchange can do this? Not natively. Most organizations will use a Firewall, AV Scanner, or other third party service such Spam Soap to remove the attachments before they reach Exchange Server. Check your AV Scanner for Exchange, it should have this capability. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Smohrman" <Smohrman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEB23C67-DB47-4DDB-A7B0-9EE268F18E91@microsoft.com... > ...

C++ Asignment, submiting files
Hi, I have an assignment to submit and right at the end the instructions are: 1) Source code (must compile cleanly in Visual C++ 6 or 7). I have warning set to 3, the code compiles with no warnings and of course no errors. 2) Compiled Win32 binaries. Include any 3rd party DLLs needed to run the application. How can I find out, for certain, what DLLs are needed? My app does not use any third party DLL, (none that I know). Must I submit the windows stuff as well, I will build statically so there is no need for any Dll as far as I know. But how can I really tell? Thanks Simon "S...

about transfer order

money 2005 and putnam
I'm currently using Money 2005, and I love it... except for one thing. I have a 401k with Putnam Investments. I would like to be able to update my 401k using the update button, but Putnam doesn't seem to be in the list of financial institutions. I know that typically means that MS Money 2005 doesn't support Putnam accounts, but I tried quicken 2005, and it downloaded all my Putnam transaction without a problem. I have absolutely no intention of converting to quicken. I was just curious if someone knows of a way to get my account synced. I can export my data from Putnam&...

Transfering messages

Budget Problems using Money 2004
When trying to set up a budget, I want to include my mortgage payments in the budget. I've got the mortgage set up using the "loan" option so that I transfer payments from my bank account to the "loan" account after each payment. In the budget, it shows my mortgage amount under the "actual" column but it won't allow me to "budget" for the mortgage payment. How can I fix this problem so that my mortgage payments (and other debt payments) show up in the budget planner? Otherwise, the only expenses that show are the "interest" port...

Need help for creating Help File in Excel
Hi, I have developed a small program in Excel. I want to creat full-fledged help file for this program. Please help me to create th help file. Suni -- sunil3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sunil31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1194 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27174 Hi one way: - get the HTML Help Workshop program from Microsoft (free available at Microsoft's site) - create your individual help topics as HTML pages But if this is only a small program mayb...

Nero disables Money
downloaded Nero 6.0 Demo to try out, also tried MyDVD Deluxe and decided to use that one...but Nero interferes with MyDVD and I cannot edit video...So, I uninstall Nero, but it removes files that Money 2003 needs to open...Which files need to be replaced that they have in common? anyone else experience this? ps Nero is immune to system, restore...go back to a point before Nero was even downloaded and it still appears in the system and is fully functional In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote: >downloaded Nero 6.0 Demo to try out, also tried MyDVD >Deluxe and decided to use...

HR Position Transfers

Holding a file open in FTP?
We have a user who wants to share an editable spreadsheet on their web server (IIS5) with others over the internet. So we placed a spreadsheet file in the FTP directory, established FTP accounts for the users, and they can open the spreadsheet by opening the FQDN (ftp://domain.com/file.xls) The problem is that when they open the file this way, the file is locked only for the duration of the FTP data transfer to the client, after which it is freed. A second person can come along and open, change, and save the file while the first one has it open (on their remote machine) and making changes. ...

Print Excel file to PDF
Hi, Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a PDF? (Maybe an add-in?) I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect has that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help. (I'm using Office 2000) Rob Rob You could purchase Adobe Acrobat. An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat.... I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf Return...

Windows Easy Transfer

Money 2007 delete previous versions?
I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money 2004 SB. Does the upgrade wipe out any previous version so that I can't go back if I don't want to commit to the upgrade? I'm running XP SP2. Thanks, Brett It will give you the chance to select yes or no to remove it Steve -- Steve steven_morrison69@hotmail.com "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1163964503.767879.204210@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money > 2004 SB. Does the upgrade w...

Access an excel file through FTP without write protection
Hi experts I placed a question yesterday - approximately 28 hours ago - nobody have reacted on it - please tell me if you don't understand my question because my English is to bad. thanks jj ...

STM (streaming file) too big
Hi all We have just installed exchange 2003 standard and are already experiencing problems with hitting the 16Gb limit The server has only been runnning for 2 weeks! The .stm file is now over 14Gb in size even after we did an offline defrag! All users are currently running as POP3 clients and will be migrating over to MAPI integrated clients as soon as possible. Whilst i understand that the stm file contains message bodies to support non mapi clients what i dont understand is why this file remains so large after POP3 clients have downloaded all their mail. Is this by design? How ca...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

error "Disk full while accessing <file mane>" is getting
Platform - Windows 2003 Server, OleDB, VC 2005 Database - Oracle, Microsoft Access Hi, I have developed multithread application. Each worker thread uses CFile to access file placed on remote machine. Sometime program report error like "Disk full while accessing <File name>" or "An unknown error occurred while accessing <File Name>". Can anyone tell me why my program is getting such exception? Vijay Singh EDISPHERE Software Could it be you are opening the file exclusively in a different thread. Or Could the disk actually be full? Or Maybe ...

auto open .xla file
hi all, i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? tnx! -- rp Hi RP, In Excel, Tools | Add-Ins | Check the Rowlier Add-in | OK If the add-in is not listed, use the browse button to navigate to it. --- Regards, Norman "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:u85Drds9EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi all, > > i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is > there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? &...

Spending Tracker on My Money Page
I have a strange problem after I have upgraded to MS Money 2006 Deluxe from MS Money 2005 Standard. On the "home page" or the My Money Page, I have the "Spending Tracker: This Month" window displayed. I have included four categories by going to the "Change the spending areas you watch closely" link in the window, but when I go back to the My Money page five categories appear - the four I chose and one additional one. Prior to the upgrade, I had four categories showing by design - I deleted one and added one more. The one I deleted still shows - in addit...

lost date pull down money 2001
how do i get the date pull down to work again in money 2001 register ...

im trying to open an excel file from my cis class
i need help opening an excel file hi you haven't provided enough information for a useful answer - do you have excel installed on your machine? - what happens when you try and open the file - nothing, an error message etc, etc please provide more details and we'll see if we can help Cheers JulieD "dionne" <dionne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A87441A-ACFD-4E79-B804-D6A64079F3D1@microsoft.com... >i need help opening an excel file ...

Category missing in Money 2003
One of my main Money Expense categories is "Groceries," but in my Budget, this category is missing. "Add" won't add this category. Whereis it? How do I add it to my Budget? Thx, Jeff Is it the subcategory Food:Groceries? "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:068c01c3dde9$0e321eb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > One of my main Money Expense categories is "Groceries," > but in my Budget, this category is missing. "Add" won't > add this category. Whereis it? How do I add it to my > Budget? ...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...