transfer investment account from one .mny file to another

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business version 17.0.150.1415.  I
use it to keep track of my personal finances in one .mny file, and I use it
to keep track of business finances in another .mny file.

In the .mny file for my business, I just created an Investment account and
added about ten stocks to it.  I should have created this in my personal .mny
file.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can move this one investment account
(and the stocks included in it) from my business .mny file to my personal
..mny file?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

--
Paul Kraemer
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Paul Kraemer wrote:

>I am using Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business version 17.0.150.1415.  I
>use it to keep track of my personal finances in one .mny file, and I use it
>to keep track of business finances in another .mny file.
>
>In the .mny file for my business, I just created an Investment account and
>added about ten stocks to it.  I should have created this in my personal .mny
>file.
>
>Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can move this one investment account
>(and the stocks included in it) from my business .mny file to my personal
>.mny file?

Yes. File->Export a Loose QIF file from both the
InvestmentTransactionsRegister and the CashTransactionsRegister.

To avoid transfers from turning into two separate transactions, it
is important to import the QIFs into the new file all at once.
This is done by selecting using Ctrl+<click> to highlight all of
the files you want included.  Further, before doing the import,
the QIF files containing the investment cash accounts
should be named something alphanumerically higher than the
investment transactions of the account.  So you could have
"Merrill" and "Merrill Cash", but you would not want "Merrill Inv"
and "Merrill Cash".  "_Merrill Inv" and "Merrill Cash" would be
good.  So one way around this is to export investment accounts to
files who's name starts with an underscore.

In the receiving file, File->Import->RecoveredAccounts. Import ALL
AT ONCE using Ctrl+<click> to select both files at the same time.
That should let transfers be recognized.

Remember to keep extra copies or backups of your file so that you
can undo something that does not work the way you wanted.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Spouse's accounts
I like to setup my accounts and my wife's accounts together in M06. Is possible to have separate Income/Expense reports for myself and my spouse beside having consolidated reports? In microsoft.public.money, mubaig75 wrote: >I like to setup my accounts and my wife's accounts together in M06. Is >possible to have separate Income/Expense reports for myself and my spouse >beside having consolidated reports? Yes. It can be done, as long as there is something to distinguish the income/expenses. They could be from different accounts or have different categories. If that is no...

VBA to call file based on date
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with a VBA routine to check for the presence of a specific file. The file is saved on a dialy basis in the format "userfile_run_YYYYMMDD.xls" i am seeking help with a vb code that will check if today or any specified days report is generated. i guess excel can use the date format to read the specified location for the file. Thank you in advance for your help. .....Coming from Where I'm from. Dim sFile As String sFile = Dir("C:myPath\userfile_run_" & Format(Date,"yyyymmdd") & ".xls") If s...

about transfer order

IM-Vendor Additional Accounts
Does anyone know how you can add additional accounts for vendors in Integration Manager? I see you can upload 1 additional purchase account but IM doesn't allow you to map additional accounts. Any ideas? Thanks! Sherry, To upload additional vendor accounts, you will need to define a new record source with the vendor ID and all the accounts you would like to upload, something like this: ADVANCED0001, 100-1002-102 ADVANCED0001, 100-1002-103 ADVANCED0001, 100-1002-103 ... ... And so on. You will then have to relate this to the Vendor by vendor ID in the relationships window and ...

xml config file...
hello, I ve a Windowsapplication with a configuration file app.config... (it's in xml) code app.config: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <configSections> <section name = "MyNameValueSection" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler" /> </configSections> <MyNameValueSection> <add key="MyKey" value="MyValue" /> </MyNameValueSection> <appSettings> <add key="test" value="MeinInhalt" /> </appSettings> </configurati...

VBA to create formula from a list in one sheet.
I am looking for a script that will create a formula that adds up cells from multiple sheets and places the formula on a totals sheet. The script needs to grab the name of the sheets from a range on a seperate sheet in the workbook. I hope this make sense. Range("A1").Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT(""'""&C1:C3&""'!C8""),""<>""))" where C1:C3 is a range housing the relevant sheetnames in separate cells, and C* is the cell to add. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mai...

Investment Opportunity! #3
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Reading .wks file

Inserting text from a .txt file
I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. Anyway, here is my question: How do I insert the text from a text file into my e-mail document. I am using the rtf editor. thank you, ~alan copy/paste? "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23%23AwZrIKEHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook > Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. > > Anywa...

Exch 5.5
I have set up the IMC's Message Filtering to disable a previous employee from sending mail from his home email address in to our server. I am now being asked to block internal users with accounts on our server from sending out to this users home email address. Is there a way to block outbound email to one email address? We are running Sybari Antigen on our server but I can't see of a way to do this with that application either. ...

Transfering messages

Multiple OWners of an Account 12-09-03
Has anyone figured out a way to have multiple owners on an account? Thanks Yes, a team can own an account. It is the only way, and will likely not ever change. Mike McGuinness Lead Developer GaleForce Solutions "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085501c3be62$3ad18d30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone figured out a way to have multiple owners on > an account? > > Thanks ...

HR Position Transfers

Holding a file open in FTP?
We have a user who wants to share an editable spreadsheet on their web server (IIS5) with others over the internet. So we placed a spreadsheet file in the FTP directory, established FTP accounts for the users, and they can open the spreadsheet by opening the FQDN (ftp://domain.com/file.xls) The problem is that when they open the file this way, the file is locked only for the duration of the FTP data transfer to the client, after which it is freed. A second person can come along and open, change, and save the file while the first one has it open (on their remote machine) and making changes. ...

Print Excel file to PDF
Hi, Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a PDF? (Maybe an add-in?) I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect has that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help. (I'm using Office 2000) Rob Rob You could purchase Adobe Acrobat. An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat.... I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf Return...

Passing RetrieveGlobals9's Connection Object from IM to another dl
I am using RetrieveGlobals9 to get a connection and successfully connecting to the database from within script events in Integration Manager. However, when I tried to pass the open connection to another (VB.Net) application from within the script, I get an error, "Class does not support automation." Is this something that I can fix by rewriting the VB.Net application, or will that always happen when I try to call an external .dll from within Integration Manager? Thanks in advance. ...

Windows Easy Transfer

Is it possible to add data to only one 1 tab of a multi-tab form
Hi I have created a multi-tab form (there are 7 tabs in all). Is it possible to set the form up in such a way that not all forms are updated at the same time? For instance, one of the forms is Contact information and another is personal information. For one student, the contact information was updated on the Monday and the personal infomration on Tuesday but there are for the same student. Thank you advance for your help. ...

Cannot finish balancing account
I am having a problem balancing my account in Money 2002. I can get to the list of transactions and mark them all as Cleared. When I try to click Next to finish up, nothing happens. So, I have to postpone balancing the account, because that's all I can do. I have been having problems with some of my transactions. The first time I tried to balance the account, some items did not want to be marked as Clear. I tried to delete those transactions so that I could enter them again, but I couldn't delete them either. I ended up having to repair my Money file with Microsoft's ...

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

adding outlook web access account to regular outlook?
How do I add my outlook web access account to regular outlook? Can I? Does the fact that it is a student account matter? No, you'll need to use your browser for OWA.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Monica" <Monica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:03686868-E751-42FB-9030-D09E1979CBCE@microsoft.com... ...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. 2005 created a brand new account with my recent activity in it, not my original checking account. It did the exact same thing with my credit card account - made a duplicate. Seeing other posts about this issue I selected the "Merge accounts" option on the far left. The "merge" page di...