Trade income and losses in Monthly Income and Expenses

Is there any way I can get the "Monthly Income and Expenses" report show the
income (and loss) I make trading stocks?
0
jerrydy (35)
5/12/2005 4:16:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I just customized one to include all categories and accounts. I see an
Inflows Investment Income Capital Gains row. In some months the total is
negative. (I hate it when that happens.) I conclude the answer is yes. But I
haven't validated that the numbers are correct. Given the number of problems
I've found in reports in the last day or two, I'd bet Microsoft hasn't ever
validated any of them either.

"jerrydy" <jerrydy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way I can get the "Monthly Income and Expenses" report show
> the
> income (and loss) I make trading stocks?

I reset the report and selected all categories and it worked! Thanks! There
appears to be a bug in the Category tab when customizing the report where
certain categories do not show up in the report even when it's selected. But
reseting the report, clicking on Select All and then selecting or deselecting
the categories you want seem to fix the weird behavior.

At the bottom part of the report, it has a list of Transfers that I did for
the month. How do I remove that from the report? I can't find the categories
for Transfers.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> I just customized one to include all categories and accounts. I see an
> Inflows Investment Income Capital Gains row. In some months the total is
> negative. (I hate it when that happens.) I conclude the answer is yes. But I
> haven't validated that the numbers are correct. Given the number of problems
> I've found in reports in the last day or two, I'd bet Microsoft hasn't ever
> validated any of them either.
>
> "jerrydy" <jerrydy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way I can get the "Monthly Income and Expenses" report show
> > the
> > income (and loss) I make trading stocks?

0
jerrydy (35)
5/12/2005 3:34:05 PM
It's there somewhere but it's not in the category LIST on the category tab.
It may not even be on the category tab. I don't have a system to look at now
to give better directions. I'll try to post back later.

> At the bottom part of the report, it has a list of Transfers that I did
for
> the month. How do I remove that from the report? I can't find the
categories
> for Transfers.

The option to include/exclude Transfers is on the Rows & Columns tab of
customization.

-Mark

"jerrydy" <jerrydy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I reset the report and selected all categories and it worked! Thanks!
There
> appears to be a bug in the Category tab when customizing the report where
> certain categories do not show up in the report even when it's selected.
But
> reseting the report, clicking on Select All and then selecting or
deselecting
> the categories you want seem to fix the weird behavior.
>
> At the bottom part of the report, it has a list of Transfers that I did
for
> the month. How do I remove that from the report? I can't find the
categories
> for Transfers.
>
> "Dick Watson" wrote:
>
> > I just customized one to include all categories and accounts. I see an
> > Inflows Investment Income Capital Gains row. In some months the total is
> > negative. (I hate it when that happens.) I conclude the answer is yes.
But I
> > haven't validated that the numbers are correct. Given the number of
problems
> > I've found in reports in the last day or two, I'd bet Microsoft hasn't
ever
> > validated any of them either.
> >
> > "jerrydy" <jerrydy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there any way I can get the "Monthly Income and Expenses" report
show
> > > the
> > > income (and loss) I make trading stocks?

0
abcd7779 (838)
5/12/2005 5:40:04 PM
I noticed that the reports don't include all transfers. It only includes
transfers (payments) made to mortgage accounts and between broker accounts
(every purchase and sale are counted as transfers). A compromise would be to
exclude those accounts, but then other things such as mortgage interests
expense and dividend incomes are also excluded.

I hope you can let me know how you work this. Thanks!

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> It's there somewhere but it's not in the category LIST on the category tab.
> It may not even be on the category tab. I don't have a system to look at now
> to give better directions. I'll try to post back later.
>
> "jerrydy" <jerrydy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > At the bottom part of the report, it has a list of Transfers that I did
> for
> > the month. How do I remove that from the report? I can't find the
> categories
> > for Transfers.

0
jerrydy (35)

Mail Merge
Hi I'm working with a mail merge that can spit out messages in two languages. I've already got the date formatted properly with \@"dd MMMM yyyy but I'm trying to get the month that it displays to go in french. How do I change that? ...

Trading currencies
Actually I'm using MNY 17.120.1415, and I would like to record in Portfolio Manager some currencies pairs as EURJPY, USDJPY, or EURUSD. Is it possible to record a pair of currencies as a stock or Index in Portfolio Manager? Thanks a lot. You'll need to prefix them with a / For example /eurus http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/stock_quote?ipage=qdi&Symbol=%2fEURUS -Mark "Manuel" <Manuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F328B62-A41C-4A2E-8118-3A8C4D24939E@microsoft.com... > Actually I'm using MNY 17.120.1415, and I would like to reco...

Automated Forex Trading, The Expert Advisors
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>The Forex currency exchange is getting more popular everyday, but everyone seems to think it is just evil, another way for the big corporations to stick it to the little guy.&nbsp; 95% of the people who trade forex <U>WILL LOOSE THEIR MONEY</U>, they will consistently give their money to the other 5% and they couldn't be happier.&nbsp; Now, with the introduction of forex currency tradin...

Entering transactions in previous month
We have some transactions (sales) that actually occurred in June but were not entered into the system. We need to find out if there is any way to enter these transactions so that they will be reflected in June's sales figures. Does anyone know of a way to get these transactions entered? We are running RMS v1.2. hi Allen, Do one thing, close all the Store Operation programs, then go to system tray and change the date of your require then login to POS and perform the transaction the system will create new batch for new date and all transaction in relavant dates. however you will not hav...

Selling stock but not income?
I'm using Money SB 2004. I recently sold shares of a fund in my retirement account and tranferred them directly into a money market account. When I run Money's Income/Spending report, it catagorizes this sell as income. Is that correct? My own stock sell isn't really income. Perhaps the equity part of it. However, in this case, there really is no income. Just a transfer. Before the transfer could take place, the sell had to occur. Money sees the sell and says "income". Is there a way to do this so it doesn't look like income to Money? Thanks, Brett In micr...

eConnect Incoming Service
Hello all, We have encountered a problem on customer sites whereby when they reboot their eConnect server, the eConnect Incoming Service comes up before the Message Queuing Service and consequently does not work properly until you restart the service - which is about as good as setting it to Manual startup in the first place! We've come up with two solutions so far: - on Windows Server 2008, set it to Delayed Startup - no good for Server 2003 obviously as the option doesn't exist. - on other OSs, set the Startup to Manual and use a scheduled task that runs at System Startup to simula...

End of Month Expression for Query Question
I think I have a simple question. I want to create a query to list tasks with target completion dates scheduled before the end of the current month. I have been unable to determine if there is an end of month expression I can plug into a query designed by the Access 2000 wizard. Is there such an expression (such as "Date()" for the current date)? TIA - Danny There are probably simpler ways but this will do it. DateAdd("m",1, Date()) - Day(DateAdd("m",1, Date())) -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "DannyD" wrote: > I think I ...

incoming email not being automatically tracked
Hello, I have the following: Email router used for both incoming and outgoing email in both the web client and Outlook I've configured the router (correctly as far as I know) per the MS documentation. I've selected to track emails from leads and contacts (the last option) please do not confuse this with the middle option to track emails that are responses from leads and contacts. This last option implies it will track incoming original emails, not just replies an important distinction. With this configuration, I would expect an unsolicited email from a contact to be tracke...

how do i create a daily income report (i'm a waitress)
i need to create a daily income report. I'm a waitress and it's hard to keep track of $$$. Just something where I can calculate how much I make at the end of the month. Try this set-up In Sheet2 ---------- Enter in A1: Jan-2005 Copy A1 down to A60 (this returns a 5 year's worth of monthly listing: Jan-2005, Feb-2005 .. Dec-2009) Click Insert > Name > Define Under Names in workbook, put: MyMonth In the Refers to box, put: =OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,,,COUNTA(Sheet2!$A:$A)) (This creates a dynamic range for use in the data validation we're going to put in Sheet1) In Sheet1...

Rollup Accounts at Month End
We are currently setting up Microsoft Dynamics -GP for our accounting sw. We are trying to find out how to do an allocation at the end of the month. We take the total of a department and we distribute it to 2 or 3 other departments. However, when we distribute the total from the originating department, the total is not zeroed out. An example of an entry to allocate Dept 852 would be: Dr Cr 98010 -842 30% 98010 -812 20% 98010 -816 50% 98020 -952 100% (This is the total of Dept 852) The amounts in Dept 852 never get zeroed out. Please let us k...

Trade-in Add on
Does anyone know of a good addon for handling trading in DVDs and games for cash or store credit? I have a few ideas on how to do it without an addon. If anyone else has any ideas please feel free to share. Thanks! ...

Add 6 months to a date
I've looked and can't seem to determine somethat should be simple. I've got a date 3/31/2006 and I want to add 6 months so the resulting answer should be 9/30/2006. I know I can use Month on the original date and get 3 then add the number of months I want to get 9 (september), but how do I get it to give me the last day of the month given March 31, 2000 plus 6 months should be Sept. 30, 2006. Also, what if I want to add 18 months to 3/31/2006... I'd want the answer to be 9/30/2007. Thanks! PS - I'm unsing Excel 2003 "M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com...

Incoming Mail #9
How do I know I've got mail without having to open Outlook? Get an email notification tool: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm Mail Notification Tools for Microsoft Outlook Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com "shez" <shez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1469D825-6BF6-458C-AF60-1935B2CC8EDA@microsoft.com... > How do I know I&...

directory for incoming mail
Hi there Please could you help me ... I'm looking for the (default) directory for incoming POP and SMTP mail on Exchange Server 2003. Best regards Loane Exchange reads data into the information store, a database. There's no such thing as "incoming POP" unless you have one of those kludgy, highly not recommended POP3 connectors that ship with Small Business Server or a third-party POP3 connector. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Loane Sharp" <look_sharp_not@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

How do I set up a Yearly, by month, budget in Excel?
> How do I set up a Yearly, by month, budget in Excel? For one way, check out: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC062062791033.aspx If that isn't enough, what else are you trying to accomplish? ...

Resetting Data By Week Or Month
Ok ...what I Have Is A Workbook That Contains 7 Sheets ...eached Named Diffrent Day Of The Week...mon-sun...what I Need It To Do...is O Sunday...roll Some Of The Info Over To Monday...and Reset Some Of Th Info To Zero...keeping My Monthly Totals But Resetting The Weekl Total...then On The First Of The Month...even If Its In The Middle O The Week...reset The Monthly...but Keep Adding The Weeekly...so I Thin I Need To Know About Linking The Sheets To Computer Cloc Somehow...thank You...much Appreciation. -- n8rboy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- n8rboy1...

OE removed access to incoming attachments
When I open my friend's e-mail and click to open the attachment, it says: "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail." How do I turn off this feature so that I may access my friend's attachment? Thanx very much. Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option; Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robe...

Currency Trading
Earn $300 per Week as a Novice. Profits Soar as Experience Mounts! http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-1594755-10379618 This is a Money support forum, Idiot! "Cash Jackpot" wrote: > Earn $300 per Week as a Novice. > Profits Soar as Experience Mounts! > > http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-1594755-10379618 > > In microsoft.public.money, Wally wrote: >This is a Money support forum, Idiot! Wally, please don't post spam here. You are thinking that you did not, but your's was the post that had the spam URL. ...

12 months, same as cash
I have a client that wants to put this "12 months same as cash" into place for their business. Does anyone know if GP can handle this, or is there a 3rd party product that someone would recommend ? Thanks ...

sumproduct (month)
I am using the following =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A$3:A$87)=1)) to count the number of transactions for the time period. When I change the Month number to 2 the formula calculates correctly. However, for Month = 1, the formula is counting all the blank cells in the column as 1 also (I saw this using the formula auditing feature). A fix would be appreciated but I would also like to know why? On a related topic, is there a way to use the Month feature to determing Max & Min values for the specified time period? A blank cell has the value 0. The date 0 is Jan 0, 1900. The mon...

Blocked Javascript in incoming messages
Hi, I receive a regular email which appears to contain a table. Part of the table contains this blocked JavaScript. I need to import this table into either word or excel to use it in an accumulating list of jobs being processed at the factory. I have no authority over how it comes. I do not know how the table is formed. Dragging and dropping it into excel causes the puter to freeze, so I go through a few intermediary steps to make the data behave. But this is a little time consuming. Does anyone have any ideas on how to manipulate the table in a few clicks? Or can I change Outlook...

Problems downloading E*TRADE statements
I am using Money 2007 and downloading (not importing) transaction statements from E*TRADE. When the statement contains interest or divident transactions Money insists on assigning an investment to those transactions? How can I get Money to treat those transactions as cash only transactions? When Money matches a downloaded stock transaction with an entry I manually created, Money overwrites the transaction details, so instead of seeing e.g. purchased 100 MSFT at 100, I just see Jdbl. How can I get Money to clear the transaction, but not overwrite the transaction details? Regards Pieter...

Month
Hi all.. so I am pretty new with Excel 2007...so here's the scenario I need help with. I would like to either create a formula or macro that would analyze a column that's filled with dates and to highlight the dates based on the month only. Basically it's a colum full of birthdays..and I want to pull up my spreadsheet and have the people's birthday highlighted by current month so they can be recognized. Thanks for the help and input! >with Excel 2007 Try this... Assume your dates are in the range B2:B20. Select the *entire* range B2:B20 starting f...

Incoming photos from emailer only shows an "X"
One of my friends sends e-mails with attachments and the pictures do not show up, only a small "x". She uses Verizon. Is the problem on her end or mine? Can anything be done? Ed "Ripvan51" <Ripvan51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3429A678-7442-4868-8E31-9B65410FC231@microsoft.com... > One of my friends sends e-mails with attachments and the pictures do not > show > up, only a small "x". She uses Verizon. Is the problem on her end or mine? > Can anything be done? See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com...

Income & Expenses
In the income and expenses graph/chart on the home page, how do you customize it to only use specified accounts? I know with cash flow that you are able to go in and customize it on the cash flow page. If I right click the income and expenses graph and click on Zoom. The graph is enlarged and you can customize it. Yet when I go back out to the home page the changes are not sustained. If you change the type of graph/chart, it will be sustained on the home page. But if you change it to only view specified accounts, the changes will not be sustained. I am using Money 2003 Deluxe versio...