tracking total portfolio value

How do you track the total value of a portfolio or investment account over
time, on a daily basis?  I want to be able to get a line chart of my
portfolio value.  I have dug through all of the reports and tried to create
custom ones, but all I have been able to get is a line chart of monthly
values, not daily.  I know that the daily total is stored, because on the
investing home page it shows the total value for 30 days ago.  For instance,
today it is showing the value for 7/28/07.
0
TimLohman (2)
8/27/2007 8:30:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

formula to return a spcified value if a set of criteria meets con.
I have mulitple columns of data to evaluate. I need to be able to add a column to the end where in each row I can enter a set of criteria that will return a specified value. For example: If cells A1 thru F1 are null/blank (contain no data) return the value "current month" If cell A1 is not null (contains any type of data) return value "prior month" Hi do you mean =IF(A1<>"","prior month",IF(COUNTA(A1:F1)=0,"current month","not defined")) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Georgia at Nexstar" <Georgia...

way to run a report to show total profit
Is there a way to run a report to show total profit instead of just profit per item? Victor hi Victor, you can customized the report by your own or make the new report which will show you this. the reports folder contain the .grp files and you can open in notepad and customize, however if you don't know I am here to help you out what columns or data you need send me so I will forward you report. "Victor" wrote: > Is there a way to run a report to show total profit instead of just profit > per item? > Victor > Thank you Akber, I was able to to the report...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Hex value change from o to �
Hi, I have load Cobol flat file into sql table by bulk insert. There a packed comp-3 filed. I am trying to convert to Hex decimal. The flat file was like 'o' o = 9c in hex. after bulk insert into sql table the value became '�' the last char � = 3a in hex. any ideas why the last char changed after bulk insert? Thnaks, Mecn (mecn@yahoo.com) writes: > I have load Cobol flat file into sql table by bulk insert. > There a packed comp-3 filed. I am trying to convert to Hex decimal. > > The flat file was like 'o' o = 9c in hex. &g...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

How to add colum totals to a pivot chart data table
I have a chart for pivot table and would like to so totals for the data. The data table on the chart displays the pivot table data but not the totals for each column. How can the totals be displayed on the chart? Hi Tmarsh You can't include the Grand Total in a pivot chart. You could create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the totals in that. On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal chart from pivot data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm Regards, Pedro J. > I have a chart for pivot table and would like to s...

Problem in message tracking center
when i use message tracking center to search some e-mail in our exchange 2003 server,i find that some e-mail cann't to be in the search result.For example,I sent 3 email to my stuff,and he received all. Then i tracked them in the message tracking center ,only the first email could be tracked. Thanks for ang reply! ...

Combo box list depends on value
Hi there We have a sheet that allows people to select items from a list. Each item they pick has a value associated. There are 6 rows of this, then a total appears. The next combo box list text depends on the total from the previous choices. If they score from 0-6 the first list should appear, from 7-12 a different list appears etc How can we do this? At the moment we are using Excel 2003 and Data Validation Lists, but not sure if this will do what we want. Regards, Neal. Hi Define those various lists a named ranges, p.e. List1, List2, ..., List6 Let you have your total be in ...

Tracking of Birthdays in CONTACTS
In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays. How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays? outlook should create the appointments when you save the contact. if it doesn't try http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod05.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Combine cells and keep the values
Hello all. I comment you a strange thing that makes my Excel (Office 2003 SP2). (Perhaps is a piece of nonsense and I have reinvent the wheel) In the range ‘A1:A10’ of an empty worksheet I write several values (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10). In the cell ‘A11’ I put `=Average(A1:A10)'. (Result = 5.5) I select the range ’B1:B10’ and with `Format - Alignment', I combine the cells. I copy the combined range ‘B1:B10’ and in A1 I made a Special Paste - Format (if I combine A1:A10 directly does not work) The range ’A1:A10’ is combined and shows the value that was in A1 (1) but it conserves...

can I track IRA contributions?
I have several mutual fund accounts set up as retirement accounts, and periodically buy shares in them as a monthly IRA contribution from my checking account. Is there any way I can get a report at the end of the year of all my IRA contributions for the previous year? You would think that by running Reports->Taxes->Tax Related Transactions that they would show up, but no such luck. The category of each transaction in my checking account is Buy Investment/CD which generates an activity of "Buy" in the investment transactions of the mutual fund account. I'm still on ...

need to display maximum value of corresponding values in excel
Hi, I have a requirement to display the maximum scored students based on the marks. i can able to display only one student if more than one scored the same marks i want to display there name also. example sl.no studentname mark 1 john 90 2 paul 95 3 sam 80 4 michel 95 using this formula =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(MAX(C:C),C:C,0)); i can able to display the value only "paul". i want to display both paul and michel. Please help us on this. Thanks in Advance. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/ 95 =MAX((G1:G21="paul")*...

tracking total portfolio value
How do you track the total value of a portfolio or investment account over time, on a daily basis? I want to be able to get a line chart of my portfolio value. I have dug through all of the reports and tried to create custom ones, but all I have been able to get is a line chart of monthly values, not daily. I know that the daily total is stored, because on the investing home page it shows the total value for 30 days ago. For instance, today it is showing the value for 7/28/07. ...

Can't create count and sum totals at bottom of form
Hello, I'm trying to create some count and sum totals at the bottom of my form, but I keep getting #Name? error. All I'm trying to do is get a sum and count for each type of company and payroll type from the table that my form is bound to Master_Table). In this table I have 470 total records which add to $163,563,76 - I was able to create the Sum and count for these totals amounts, but when I try to be more specific, I run into problems. I have 2 companies (I'll call them acme and xyz) and 2 payroll types (Hourly and Salary). The detail (body) of my form contains all of the 470...

Sending Doc with Track Changes
How do I send a document in Final form so that edits aren't visible, if I haven't yet accepted the changes? No matter how I save the doc (as final, with show markup options deselected) the edits are always visible. Kimberly That depends entirely on the settings of the receiving computer. But unless you've changed something way down in the Trust Center, you'll see the same behavior on your own computer -- when you open a file that was last saved as Final, it will open as Final Showing Markup. On Jan 13, 3:57=A0pm, olliesf <olli...@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Add Value to the Chart
I have a chart done from the table shown below. However, I want to put the value (date) in addition of the values (X) and (Y) axis. So far, I have been doing it manually. I wonder if there is any way to it automatically. Thanks in advance. Maperalia. Date "X" "Y" 6/21/2005 0 0 7/6/2005 147 0.008 7/18/2005 197 0.012 8/5/2005 255 0.016 8/18/2005 289 0.016 9/8/2005 337 0.006 9/19/2005 360 0.017 How would you like the date to appear? As a data label on each point? then use one of these handy data labeling add-ins: Rob Bovey's Chart ...

tracking
how do I track other users info on my comp as the administrator? ...

Consumption tracking?
Hello, is there any tool in MS Money to track home consumption of electricity, water, gas etc.? Nope. One way you can fake it is to enter the values in a predictable way in the memo fields (Utilities : Electricity category entries with memo like, say, "876 kWh") and then get the data from Excel with MoneyLink and then parse out the data you entered previously in the memo fields. Ugly, I agree. "Radomir Kurecka" <RadomirKurecka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78FC2CE9-D1D4-4F75-9410-9BACBFE74AF1@microsoft.com... > is there any tool in MS Mon...

Track changes #3
Hello All I am using Windows 2K Professional & Office97. I have a macro in an access mdb that outputs various files in excel format. Is it possible either: to use access VBA instead of the access macro to specify that the excel 'Track Changes' option is automatically set to 'True'; or to specify elsewhere that all new excel files to have the 'Track Changes' option automatically set to 'True' In either case, the sub-options 'When' should be set to All, 'Who' set to Everyone, and 'Where' should be left blank (i.e. applies to the who...