Total budget column filled with Zeros 2002

Annual budget report shows monthly budget amounts and actuals but onl;y the
actuals appear in the total column.

How to fix please.
--
Thanks

Chris
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Moving a value in Column D
I have a spreadsheet with values in a couple of cells in Column E. The rest of the cells are blank. I would like a macro that would move the value of any cell containing data (non empty cells) four cells backwards and two cells downwards to Column A. Is there a macro that would do this. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Sub MoveIt() Dim rCell As Range For Each rCell In Columns("E") _ .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) rCell.Offset(2, -4).Value = rCell.Value rCell.ClearContents Next rCell End Sub HTH -- AP "mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com" <u20517@u...

Sound volume set to zero after each reboot
The last few days my main volume is always set to minimum (zero) when the computer is rebooted. I can change the setting, reboot and it is back to zero. How can I return to the former behavior where reboots did not change the current setting? Many thanks! ...

Creating a new template using Publisher 2002
I am writing a new letter head for a law firm and I wanted to know how to create a new template for this new letter head. Hi MSANTACRUZ (MSANTACRUZ@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am writing a new letter head for a law firm and I wanted to know || how to create a new template for this new letter head. If you go to File > Save As and change the file type to Publisher Template, this will then save this as a Publisher Template which can be accessed via Start > New Office Document or in Publisher via the File > New > My Templates menu. -- Brian K...

An XML question

Microsoft Oulook 2002 / XP Signaturer Picker doesn't open
Microsoft Outlook 2002 O/S XP. When trying to set up a signature for e-mail the words "Signature Picker" are greyed out. I have selected HTML as compose in this message format and have selected word as e-mail editor. Staionery & Fonts is also greyed out. Any Ideas. Tks If using Word as the editor, you need to set the signature up in Word. If you uncheck the option to use Word as the editor, the previously grayed out options will be available again in Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching ...

Totals on Sales Inquiry native windows
We would like to have the totals on the Sales Inquiries: Transaction by Customer Transaction by Document Sales Documents Sales Items Today we can retrieve this information in separated inquiries and reports, be we would like to heve a easier way to see this totals... The same suggest can be applied to Smartlist. If possible, you can create a tool to sum a field after you make a filter I created a screen where you can see all sales, separated by day of week, and week of year, and totals YTD,MTD and WTD, but I am not able to have the same information grouped by item number, for example.....

Re: fuction to copy Column a and b to comment or colum c?
Please help!!! I would like to know a fuction or a way to just recop what ever is in colum a and c to comment in colum d. Is this eve possible? If not maybe a fuction to put values of colum a and c t colum d. Please keep in mind this would prevent me from typing again. Thanks!!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can concatenate the values in A & C in column D with a formula: =A1&C1 or =A1&" "&C1 if you want those values in a comment, you'll need a little code. This is a sub (not a function): Option Explicit Sub MakeComments() Dim...

want to remove money 2002 and money system pack
After XP update got a dialog "error 1606 could not access network location" Money 2002. I put in disc etc. Still get thisbox numerous times at start up. ] I don't use Money and removed it in control panel. I also have Money 2002 system pack listed. Cant remove. Tried to reload Money and get same error 1606. It's driving me crazy, I jsut want to fully remove Money and it's service pack! I appreciate any ideas. Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265111 which might give you some additional things to remove. -- Glyn Simpson, M...

Outlook 2002 (XP?) hangs on open/startup.
I made a boo-boo and I need to know how to undo it. I tried making a copy of the messages in a .pst file yesterday - a 800MB .pst file - which caused outlook to hang. Subsequently, the whole machine hung and I had to reboot. I have not been able to restart Outlook since. I thought removing the newly created .pst (and all refs to it in the registry) might help, but I suspect that has compounded the problem. Safe mode doesn't open either. And I am not sure what the detect and repair option really does - all I saw it do was an installation and nothing since. Help? Please? Someon...

total cost on report
I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field (total) please help thanks, jettro Jettron wrote: >I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at >the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field >(total) The usual way is to use a text box with an expression like: =Sum([cost field]) -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] I'm in design view of the report, where do I insert this expression? I clicked on page footer to insert thi...

How to make chart columns thicker
Hi I am using excel 2007. I am trying to create a chart with 20 weeks in the x axis. The chart type is Column, clustered column. The chart displays two lots of data. The problem is, the columns are displayed as very thin, in fact they're little more than lines, yet there is a lot of room on the chart for them to be much thicker. How do I make the columns thicker? The chart just looks daft at the moment. Thanks for any help Colin Ok, brain in gear now, I've worked out what was wrong. The problem was that the x-axes was recognising the data as a date. I told it that it was text by ...

macro
I have several columns in an income sheet. One column has a sum at the bottom. I want to be able to run a simple macro that will copy the last row of formatted cells, just above the sum total, and insert it as a new row just above the sum total so another line of data can be input. But I want the sum total to sum also the newly inserted row. Presently I can't figure out how to do it. Example A B C 1 24 Oct Dollars In $100 2 25 Oct Dollars out $25 3 Total ...

Setting ID# to 1 & Total on bottom of query result
Hi, I have 2 separate questions. First how do I set the ID# to 1 for the first record. I copied my whole database including queries and forms which were 2009 records and changed the titles to 2010. I did a "compact and repair" to the 2010 database. But when I start to enter records for 2010 the ID# is 2550. How can I reset the ID# back to start at 1? On many of my queries I have the results be for example 28 Caucation, 43 African American, 65 Hispanic, 4 Asian, 2 Native American. I need these numbers separate like they are but I would like a total line at the bottom...

Finding Cells that Total a Value
Hello Friends, I need some assistance in solving a problem. I have a spreadsheet with over five hundred lines of transactions. The sum of these transactions are creating a balance on the account. Is there any formula/macro that will help me find the transactions creating the balance? The sum of the account should be zero. To clarify, if we owe client money, there would be a transaction setting up that postive balance then a payment on the account taking it back to zero. There could be multiple transactions and then one net payment. Or we could be due to receive. So at the end of the day, th...

Problem with Symantec Antivirus & OL 2002
When I open Outlook 2002 and then open the preview pane to view a message, I get a popup window from Outlook that reads as follows: >>The add-in "C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec >>Antivirus..." could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be >>resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Unable to load >>"C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Securit...". You may be out of memory, >>out of system resources, or missing a .dll file. [then comes an okay >>button]<< I have Symantec SystemWorks 20...

Total Items
Hi - Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be tendered, on the POS screen ? Thanks. You can customize the status.htm file. Not sure exactly what the variable is that you want, but I know it cn be done. "NJS" <NJS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:538F3CC7-F23D-43C7-8A5A-4319B8688E5B@microsoft.com... > Hi - > Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be > tendered, > on the POS screen ? > Thanks. Jason, Send me your email I have already customized this and will forward you. "Jason&qu...

Stacked Column Chart Data Label Connector Lines
I can't for the life of me figure out how to place the data labels for a stacked column chart (# or %) (1) next to the column, then (2) have lines connecting the data value to the proper block of the column. It does it automatically for pie chart labels, but not columns. Anyone have insight into these two issues? Thanks in advance. Not a solution, but explaination: XL won't let you place the labels by design to the side because its possible to place stacked columns next to each other (gap width = 0). This would then make it look like the values were associated with wrong col...

Formulas sometimes will not work in a Column or cell?
I am perplexed a bit with an annoying problem that is user error I am sure: Most of the time, I can go to a cell and type in =F8+G8 and I get wonderful number that comes out. But other times the output will be "=F8+G8" and the whole column is that way? I think that this is because the column is text format.. so I select the column and format for Numeric- but nothing happens I still get "=F8+G8"- What can I do to format that column so I can do some formulas? Thanks brent You're correct about the cell being formatted as text. But it's not enough to just chang...

How to change the individual row into columns
In Excel If each row looks like the below given format Michael 20, Eastman Avenue Boston US David 56, George Patel Road Texas US Michael 20, Eastman Avenue Boston US David 56, George Patel Road Texas US Michael 20, Eastman Avenue Boston US David 56, George Patel Road Texas US I want to change it to be the following format (Given below). Is i possible to do that? If so, what are the steps to be followed? I nee your help. Please reply this mail. Thanks in Advance. Michael 20, Eastman Avenue Boston US David 56, George Patel Road, Texas US Michael 20, Eastman Av...

Total of Totals
Hey there, I've set up a database consisting of four tables. I run a query which calculates a total for the item (unit price * quantity). Is it possible to calculate the final total of all this for a report? If that's possible, how can I get it to be at the bottom of all the records but only on the last page? Thanks Mathew On Aug 1, 12:48 am, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes. > Open the form in design view, click on menu VIEW - Report Header/Footer a= nd > add a text box in the footer with Control Source =3D[unit price] * > [quantit...

Read Reciept feature in MS Outlook 2002
Hi, I have a UNIX application which sends & Receives mails. There is a functionality in which: when we send a mail (using sendmail), we request for 'Return Reciept', we add Header 'Disposition-Notification-To' and 'Message-Id' ( containing a System generated number'. We add a record in table with this 'Message-ID'. When Netscape (used a mail client & server) sends a Return Receipt, the mail has a header 'References' which contains the 'Message-ID' of sent message. Our application, scans for word 'Return Reciept' in s...

Manipulating totals and columns in Pivot Tables
Hi, I'm constructing a pivot table that has investors as columns, investments as rows, and the general data is values. Trouble is there is a column which I want to only display half of each value. I know that I can make a formula that divides a column "column A/2", and then hide the unwanted columns. But I would also like the hidden columns to not be included in the grand totals. How do I make this happen? Thanks! Hi, So let me understand what you want, something like this in the Pivot Table: A B C Name Jp ...

Money 2003
Hi all, I have been using Money 2001 and could never figure this out properly and I have now upgraded to Money 2003. It has frustrated me a lot, and I am hoping that someone out there with better knowledge can help. I have a MAIN account and a SAVINGS account. I have yearly bills (Car Reg/Insurance etc) and I have entered them into my budget. Money says that I should spend $x.xx per week on these items but as I am only billed yearly I wish to transfer this money into my savings account so not to spend it. Then when the bill comes and 12 months have past I will have enough in there to pay ...

Macro/SUB to merge two columns of text
EXCEL 2003: How do I write a VBA subroutine to: (1) Take each cell in the currently-SELECTED column (2) Append to its (text) contents the text in the corresponding cell of the NEXT column (3) Replace the result in the original cell (4) On completion, delete the whole of the NEXT column? All text values need to have leading and trailing blanks TRIMMED before being concatenated. This is to cope with the situation where downloaded data contains information split over two columns that the worksheet needs to have in one, e.g. company name and branch location. Sub m...

Print Visio columns?