This forum does have value!

As year end approaches and I am considering upgrading to Money 2005, I found
the message traffic extremely valuable. After this summers fiasco with the
update to MSN Money locking us out of our local data file, I thought, or was
hoping M$ would make an extra effort to make sure that Money 2005 was a
significant improvement and without the assorted problems that I have found
posted here. Some still unresolved.

I have made my decision and I do not care how much work it is going to take
me, bt I am going back to Quicken after giving Money a two year trial. This
program is just not ready for prime time with my money. M$ should be
embarrassed with this product.  Signing off Moneyh support for the last time.
0
EOF (2)
11/26/2004 5:09:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

split cell value
Hi, I have a huge data contains names of the customer in a single column, i want to take out the first letter of the first name in the word and add with a dot. Example If the name in the column A1 - Tiger Woods , i want the result in B2 as T.W. Sachin R Tendulkar - S.R.T. Adam Gilly Jr - A.G.Jr. -- Thanks and all your help will be much appriciated One option will be as shown in linked picture: http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6987/nonameu.png Micky "Pradeep" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a huge data contains names of the customer in a single column...

forums
I know this is the wrong place to ask maybe but where are the discussion groups for windows live mail, internet explorer, and general discussions now? I cannot find them anywhere. All of my saved links will show up blank now. Thanks for the new links if you have thme. You can find most of them by going here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/categories For Windows Live Mail, go to http://www.windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=3D15=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, MVP (Mail) "mtnmama" <mtnmama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

How do I reference the cell which returned a lookup value?
Imagine that I've got a column of 100 numbers. First, I want to find the maximum value (MAX function). Let's say that turns out to be in the 80th row. Now I want to find the minimum value from the 80th through the last (100th) row. Note that the range of my use of the MIN function depends on where the original MAX value came from. Any ideas on how to do this? I think what I need is a function which can tell me which row contains the winning MAX value. Something like: =ROW(MAX(R1C1:R100C1)) but that obviously doesn't work because the ROW functions wants a reference ...

How to view a list of values in a single field
Hi, I've 2 linked tables (Persona and Attivita) Persona.ID Persona.Descrizione Attivita.ID Attivita.Descrizione PersonaAttivita.IDPersona PersonaAttivita.IDAttivita Each "Persona" can have X "Attivita" I would like to create a SELECT that allow me to show for each "Persona" X Attivita but in a single field Something like this... 2 fields in a single record: Persona.Descrizione: "Mario Rossi" A list of Attivita.Descrizione (for example separated by -) "Attivita1 - Attivita2 - Attivita3" Is it possibl...

Ignore N/A values with an area chart
I know that excel will ignore a value of #N/A on a line chart, but with an area chart, the result plots a value of zero, making the area look like a bunch of spikes. Is there a way to ignore that value and essentially connect the two available points to give the chart a continuous area? What you can do is interpolate between the adjacent values. There is no value that will make an area chart not dive to zero. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ SPeterson wrote: > I know that excel ...

Drag values down cells
I have a column in a spreadsheet with values listed below PRJ WBS-025554 WBS-031150 WBS-121351 WBS-155455 PRJ WBS-025555 WBS-0151415 WBS-0215454 I would like to drag all the values that start with PRJ until the next PRJ is reached. I have illustrated this below: PRJ WBS-025554 PRJ WBS-025554 PRJ WBS-025554 PRJ WBS-025554 PRJ WBS-025555 PRJ WBS-025555 Many Thanks in advance. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200606/1 Hi Mohd, one way to do it is: imagine that your data are in column A, you could create a formula like t...

Net Present Value
I want to learn NPV formula Excel's HELP gives you the formula -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "A Razzak" <A Razzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8C9899A-5ACB-473B-986D-8E97339A567B@microsoft.com... >I want to learn NPV formula ...

Does variable set to cell value automatically becomre cell value?
I think I know the answer to this, but I want to be sure. I'm incrementing a value that is in a cell location describe in part by a variable. The formula looks like: ws.Cells(iMoRow, "T").Value = _ ws.Cells(iMoRow, "T").Value + iOVComplCON So the value in the cell is incremented by the variable "iOVComplCON" amount. No problem. Is this the same thing? iWt = Cells(iMoRow, "T").Value iWT = Cells(iMoRow, "T").Value + iOVComplCON or do I have to have another line added to the two above: Cells(iMoRow, "T").Valu...

Returning all values with a join
I have a table that lists business summary data by day. Not every business has information on each day. However I need to pull in the business along with zero values when this happens. I created a table listing all of the business names and did a join, however it is still not pulling in the businesses without any information on that day. Here is my query - any help would be appreciated. SELECT [Outbound Business Names].[Business Name], [Dialer Summary results].RowDate FROM [Dialer Summary results] RIGHT JOIN [Outbound Business Names] ON [ Dialer Summary results].Business = [O...

merging a value in a text field with each line in a memo field
I am trying to merge a value in a text field with the information in a memo field using a query to create a report. This is the query I am using: SELECT AVRelay+","+IPRange FROM T_Sites AVRelay is the text field and IPRange is the Memo. IPRange has multiple lines, each of which I need appended with the value in AVRelay for the report. It should look like. 2,192.168.1.0/24 2,192.168.0.0/24 2,192.168.2.0/24 Instead it looks like 2,192.168.1.0/24 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 I have searched far and wide but has come up empty. Please help! I would gues...

problem with mulit-column value list combo box
I am trying to read the values of 2 columns of the selected item in a multi-column combo box. cboField1 is the multi-column combo box cboField1.rowsource=3Dr1c1;r1c2;r2c1;r2c2;r3c1;r3c2..... cboField1 Row Source Type=3DValue List cboField1 Column Count=3D2 Me("cboField1").ItemData(2) gives me the value for column #1 in row #2 Me("cboField1").Column(1) gives me the value for column #2 in row #1 I can't find the syntax for getting the value for column #2 in row #2. Thanks for any help! THANKS! David G. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:38:31 -0500, Dav...

Named range(s) of non-adjacent cells return #VALUE! error in array formulas
I have ranges made up of non-adjacent cells from one worksheet and I get a #VALUE! error when I try to do any conditional count or sum calculation with an array formula on either or both of them. Each range is a selection of 32 non-adjacent cells from a single column. The cells contain array formulas that return percentages. Example of range values I8: 5.9% I11: 12.1% I14: 22.3% I17: 0.0% I was able to get values returned from simple functions like Max and Min but the following example gives me the #VALUE! error: {=SUM(IF((Rng>0),1,0))} =COUNTIF(Rng,"<.0125") Any wisdom ...

Macro to coppy cells to certain rows depending on value in cell
I want his macro to after it have inserted the colmns and added the formula to 1. copy range A1 to E1 to every row where the word "Header" is in colmn F. 2. Then copy paste the whole sheet as values. 3. Then the range now standing left of "header" must be copied to the empy cells beneath each heading. For example a b c d e f 1)12/12/2005 F001 SAO3 1 CCE Header 2) Detail ...

Convert String to Numeric Values
I have data string that I must convert to numeric values. Ex: 00100200300400500600700800901000110015016 How do I get the above data string example to return the numeric values that are three digit integers. How do I get the number 16 for example? Any assistance is appreciated -- JenISCM Try this: Public Sub MySplit(txtIn As String) ' copy/paste to a standard module ' input from debug window: ' call mysplit("00100200300400500600700800901000110015016") Dim i As Integer Dim n As Integer i = 1 For n = 1 To CInt(Len(txtIn) / 3) Debug.Print n & " - " ...

this forum
Any ideas how to view by date after doing a search? The list of posts needs to be in order of latest first, not random years... unless I am missing something. "morgancreative" <morgancreative@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F91B7A3F-E913-4F18-A0FB-86D046DFF5F2@microsoft.com... > Any ideas how to view by date after doing a search? The list of posts > needs > to be in order of latest first, not random years... unless I am missing > something. This is not a forum. It is a newsgroup. It is accessed using a news reader like Outloo...

Delete Cell Value Based on Another Cell T or F
I have cell A1 for instance that's always TRUE or FALSE from a Check Box. If the value of cell A1 is FALSE, I want it to delete any data that's in cell A3, or if it's TRUE to leave cell A3 as is. It should be easy but for some reason I'm hung up on it...thanks Does A3 contain a formula? If it does, you can use an IF() function. Suppose the formula in A3 is =B5*B6 You could write an IF() in A3: =IF(A1=True,B5*B6,"") No, A3 is simply a number input from the user. It can be anything greater than 0. If A1 is FALSE I want any data in A3 to be deleted or A3 set...

The Microsoft Community is a public forum
Subject should be a brief, meaningful summary of your question or comment. People are more likely to respond to a post if they ...

Change Default value for Date and Time Value
Is it possible to st a default value for date and time field? For example: Task Due Time is always set to be 12.00am, we would like to change it to 800am or 9.00am, etc. I've looked at the attribute itself and system settings from organization, but i couldn't locate anything there? Is this possible in CRM thanks, ...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell #2
What about this: Can I create one comment and assign it to multiple cells at once instead of clicking on each cell and pasting the same comment? I've decided to just use a separate cell for each numeric value. Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27489 Good choice about separating your data. You'll find that you can do lots more lots easier! I don't think you'll be ...

=D6-E6. Answer in F6. I want answer in F6 only if value in E6?
I put in an equation. =D6-E6. The answer appears in box F6. I don't want the answer to appear in box F6 unless I put a value in box E6. At the moment, my value in box E6 is empty. Are there any solutions to this problem? In article <7224501B-82A8-4B0F-9CBF-76F0BE896A3A@microsoft.com>, JillM@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I put in an equation. =D6-E6. The answer appears in box F6. I don't want the > answer to appear in box F6 unless I put a value in box E6. At the moment, my > value in box E6 is empty. Are there any solutions to this problem? > =IF(ISBLANK...

Syncronise zero values
I have seven columns of data to chart. Columns A & B have values aroun 500,000 to 600,000 and I wish to show them against the right hand axe as a line chart. The remaining columns have values from -50,000 t +200,000 and I wish to show them against the left hand axes as colum chart. Is it possible to get their zero values on the same level? Is this making sense to anyone? Thanks for any hel -- Brisbane Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2509 View this thread...

Validate for Null value for multiple column
I have requirement to validate for Null value which compares Column A & B entry in excel sheet. I have tried by setting IgnoreBlank = False, but no success. How do I validate for Null value in either Column A 0r B. url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1027-1.aspx ...

Forum Statistics * Forum Members: * Total Threads: * Total Posts: 1 There are 1 users currently browsing forums. =?ISO-8859-1?Q??= Community Links Social Groups Pictures & Albums Contact

.Text .Formula .Value to replace copy_paste values?
Hi, I'm trying to copy values from an original set of columns into a new set of columns, where the column order is different. Can I replicate copy_paste values functionality with something as below? mystartcellnewset.cells(i,j).formula = mystartcelloldset.cells(i,k).value I've tried different combinations of .formula, .text, .value, and the above gives the best results, but I still get things like number of employees ("5 - 10") converted to date, and phonenumber text converted to a number without leading 0 etc. copy_paste values in a double loop (column, ...

Sumif on values in multiple columns
I have 3 columns: Column A is a number, Column B is a text, Column C is text. I want to sum Column A based on the values of Columns B AND C. For example A1 = 100 B1= Y C1=T A2 = 50 B2 = N C2=T A3 = 10 B3=Y C3=T A4= 20 B4=N C4=T I want to sum A1:A4 only if B1:B4 is "Y" and C1:c4 is "TA". I know how to write the formula for 1 sumif statement, but can't get a second string to work with it. Hi as SUMIF only accepts one condition you may use SUMPRODUCT: =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B4="Y")*(C1:C4="TA"),A1:A4) Frank macs wrote: >...