Think I will be staying with Money2004 for good...

Just to throw my two cents in on all this money2007 stuff.  It looks like
MS doesn't care about users of older versions of money.  With all the changes,
I think they just hope to pick up new customers who don't know any better.
 Based on what I have read...I won't even bother trying a trial of 2007.
 Granted the other software out there in the personal finance space isn't
that great, at least I have a decent version of money with 2004.

fake2750 (7)
8/3/2006 10:11:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Money 2004 was the last best version of Money to be sure. When Money
2005 dropped I tried it for about a week and then moved to Quicken
2005. I'm on Q2006 now and will be upgrading to Q2007 in about a week.
It's a shame though, because M2004 was a nice piece of software and
Microsoft ruined the franchise after it.

I think this might be a compiler bug, what do you think?
Lately I've developed a new stupid programmer's trick of leaving out parentheses when referencing class methods, for instance, instead of GetRepeatType() I'll type GetRepeatType. Usually the compiler will scream bloody blue blazes about this grevious error, but if you do that within an if statement in a method within the same class the compiler will accept it without a peep. Below is a really small class that reproduces the behavior on my system - the offending statement is inside TestMethod, at the bottom of the post. Do y'all think this is a bug in the compiler, and if so...

InstallShield will do ?
Hi... I want to give a installer kind of thing like InstallShield for MS outlook add-ins. Basically I have few dll's and few forms(.oft files) as part of my add-ins Let me know if there are any issues using InstallShield 10.5 version. TIA Bhushan ...

What do you think about your partner?
please share stories you had with your partner do they ever call back? if yes how long does it take? do they know the program? i taught my partner alot. he stil has a long way to go. my instalation service hours was used up before anything was runing jack wrote: > please share stories you had with your partner I have no partner for RMS.. the real problem are how to get update.. because it are on restricted area for customer and partner.. bah antonio We had all sorts of trouble with our partner, so I (owner's son) was brought in this summer to try to do some updating to the sy...

Playlist songs don't stay in order
Media Center has put all the songs in my playlist in alpha order, not the order I specified. It was fine before and synched to my MP3 player just fine, then switched to alpha order. How do I reset it to my preferred order? Thanks ...

Rule that will BCC recepients
Hello All, I'd like to build an Outlook rule for my profile xyz@zyx.com that will allow me to do the following: 1) After any message arrives forward it to xyz@zyx.com (myself) 2) BCC 123@zyx.com Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Vasa Forgot to mention, I am running Outlook 2003 on XP. vasilijepetkovic@yahoo.com <vasilijepetkovic@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'd like to build an Outlook rule for my profile xyz@zyx.com that > will allow me to do the following: > > 1) After any message arrives forward it to xyz@zyx.com (myself) Try looking at the ...

This Is Not What You Think!!!
Do you want a real value for your money that gives you a TRUE return? All this for what you would spend on lunch! Click here for full details: http://www.ondemandprofits.net/?e=jairusthomas@hotmail.com ...

Creating a macro... I think
Greetings - This is my first post to this group. I have never dealt at all with customizing Outlook... always been an ASP and ASP.NET (VB.NET) developer for web based applications. But, I have a client who wants to simplfy a process in Outlook 2003. Outlook let's you customize the calendar events that you view. Here's what they are doing: View > Arrange By > Current View > Customize View Then, in the dialog box: Filter > Advanced > Field > All Appointment Fields > Category Then, in the form, enter the desired value by with they want to filter their view. As...

Excel will not close
I cannot close ANY Excel document with the upper-right X Button. When clicking the X either nothing happens or the X greys out. When I click on "file" "exit", the "save as" window pops up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office - same results. Maybe this is your problem Laura http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199&Product=xlw XL: Close Button Is Dimmed After Groupwise Is Installed -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

What do you think...
SBS2003 Exchange2003 Std, No VPN between Headoffice and Remote office if my remote site client can browse yahoo/google, but cannot visit company's webmail or receive email via MS outlook? On the other hand, head office can send/receive email normally, no problem when connect to webmail. Testing was done on other office of the same region of local office, no problem for webmail. (in fact HK head office China Remote office) I think the DNS server of remote office has problem. What can be done for further troubleshooting? Thank you John You hit on the head. Test DNS resolution. Logon to...

Outlook calendar will not save appointment start times
Hi everyone. This is a new problem that I can't seem to find a solution to. I'm running Outlook 2003 on a Core II Duo Lenovo laptop with Win XP Pro. I've got Norton Antivirus and Internet Security running on the system, and I have also scanned the system with Avast! Antivirus from my U3 drive. I also have a Sony Ericsson bluetooth phone, with bluetooth syncronization to Outlook. Here's the problem: If you enter a new appointment into the Outlook calendar (from calendar view) and click 'Save and Close', the appointment will *not* appear on the calendar. If you switch ...

countif I think
thanks for reading this. how can I count two different criteria at once. I want to be able to count how many males are in group a and how many are in group b without sorting the spreadsheet group gender a m b f a m b f b f b m cheers Hi Chris =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="b"),--(B1:B100="m")) where A1:A100 is the group range and B1:B100 is the gender range check out the following web page for details on sumproduct http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html Cheers JulieD "chris" <langfo...

Excel Chart Problem!!! (Bug I think)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01C93A2D.3C166610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Try the folloing. 1. Open Excel. 2. Paste the following data A B C D E F=20 2008 10 20 30 40 0 10=20 3. Menu Insert/Pie (select the first Pie type) 4. Right Click one of the top of any part of the circle/Format Data = Series 5. Click Shadow and move any of the slides on the right.=20 See what happend on the chart. The problem is that the ZERO generates a full circle and you can drag = and ...

formatting, I think
I'm typing along and suddenly the print changes to red and there is a strike through, well, through it. I cannot undo, or get rid of formatting or even delete the line. I use an external mouse on my laptop and don't know if I'm hitting the mouse pad, or if I'm accidentally hitting some other key on the key board. Help! And thank you. This is likely to be Track Changes. You can turn it off by pressing Ctrl+Shift+E. You must also Accept All Changes in Document. In Word 2003, you'll find that command on the Reviewing toolbar. If you are using Word 2007, the cor...

Will Outlook 2003 sync with Outlook CE?
I am using a old CE device running CE 3.x. Can I sync with this via serial? Thanks -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal (Matt 6:19-20). Jeremiah <jeremiah@truth.org> wrote: > I am using a old CE device running CE 3.x. Can I sync with this via > serial? I think so. Try ActiveSync V3.8 or V3.7 -- Brian Tillman ...

Deleted mail stayed in INBOX until purge
Outlook 2002 Deleted mails still stay in INBOX. Does not move to deleted folder. Until go to Purge all deleted mail then gone. Why and how? BC Outlook BC <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Deleted mails still stay in INBOX. > Does not move to deleted folder. > Until go to Purge all deleted mail then gone. I daresay you're account is an IMAP account and that's just the way the IMAP protocols work. -- Brian Tillman ...

Remote desktop ActiveX control will not download
We have a number of machines using RWW which work fine. Problem is one particular laptop on which the RDP ActiveX control seems to have disappeared and will not download again! User gets message that ActiveX is not downloaded but no security bar is present to allow them to click on 'Install ActiveX control'. I have also just found the same thing with one of our local workstations which I have tested. Is there something on the Server preventing this ActiveX from downloading? It is still working fine from a number of other machines. Problem I have is that this lap...

Number fields will not accept values in CRM 3.0 09-25-06
I just installed CRM 3.0 and I'm having an issue where I enter a number in a number field such as price (contractdetail) and as soon as I click off it goes blank. Fields which are text seem to work fine. Anyone have any ideas or seen this before? Here are some additional infos: System/Environment Using Windows 2003 with SQL 2005 Does this happen with every number field? Yes, it happens with every number field in contractdetail Does it matter what user you are logged in as? No, it doesn't matter! Do you have custom number fields that this is happening to as well? Yes, it happens ...

Nested formula (I think?)
I nedd a formula that says " if the value in cell a1 is between th values of cell x5 and y5, then do this, if not do this" I think it should start =if(between( .... but I'm lost after that. Barr -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =IF(AND(A1>=X5,<=Y5),"do this","if not do this") you might want to remove the equal sign depending if you meant to include the values in X5 and Y5, my formula includes them while if you remove the equal signs it will exclude them -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benef...

Do you think this is feasible ?
I have a third party 'EXE' that contains a number of windows in it. By sending a message to the EXE I can get it open any screen. But I need this screen to be created in *my* windows app ! or at least to set the parent of the created form equal to my MDI ? Is this possible at all ? In short , what I am trying to achieve is to create something like a notepad window within my MDI. Is this possible ? The concept does not exist. This is a common question, although in general it makes no sense; the windows of one app are totally disjoint from those of another app. The only excepti...

Invoice will not go to history
I have an invoice that has been posted but for some reason didn't go to history. I've tried to reconcile the document and sending completed documents to history but neither of them moved the invoice from the work tables to the history tables. Is there some other option I have to move this invoice? Thanks, Eric Have all items on the document been shipped, invoiced, posted, and/or cancelled? Any open quantity will keep the document active -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check...

Will this help?
Hi all, exchange2003 sp2/outlook2003 I have one user that compaints to take longer time to open outlook. he has 120,000 items and 4GB size after our archived system. It seems that he does not want to delete anything from the email. Will cache mode help him? any other suggestions? Thank you! On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:41:02 -0800, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >exchange2003 sp2/outlook2003 > >I have one user that compaints to take longer time to open outlook. he has >120,000 items and 4GB size after our archived system. ...

Internet explorer 7 will error and close crm 3.0
What could cause this Under what circumstances does this occur ? If CRM always closes immediately then this due to pop-up blockers, otherwise can you post more information about the error and when it occurs -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Mark" wrote: > What could cause this ...

date formating will not stick
I'm using Office97. This problem has not been an issue until recently. In the past (unless I'm crazy), when I formatted a cell, perhaps in the format MM/DD/YY, the value was always displayed in that format even if you entered new values in the format mm/d/yyyy, or any other format. Now, on all my new spreadsheets, when I enter a date, the format changes to mm/dd/yyyy independent of the prior setting. I assume I changed some default format setting somewhere. Can someone tell me what I may have changed? Hi, Use the Value function to get the values of all the cells in another...

autoshape ( i think)
Hi, say for example i wanted to create the shape of an animal for example a squirrel and then i wanted to fill it with a clip art picture, how would i do this. i'm using publisher 2003 , i also have frontpage 2003 and photoshop on this pc too. any help would be appreciated, i'm a newbie when it comes to design. Thanks Rina This is not the easiest thing to do, create your squirrel, when you are finished, click fill, click fill effects, picture tab, browse to your squirrel picture. Be aware the picture may not fit. The secret, if there is a secret, is to have your drawn shape th...

Auto Correct in Outlook will not work
I have Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 and the auto correct feature will not work in Outlook or Word. I can add and see the entry in auto correct in both programs. However, when I try and use it, nothing happens. I am trying to get Fyi to turn into F.Y.I. You need to set the auto-correct options in Outlook 2007. 2007 no = longer depends on Word for its auto-correct options. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, di...