The "Bills" palette

How can I put in some bills that aren't going to be automatically charged
through MSMoney. All I want is for my bills to have a reminder set for me.
The money is already being automatically pulled from my checking account. All
I want Money to do is to remind me that their dates are coming up. It's too
fancy.
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

"PeterBBailey" <PeterBBailey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> How can I put in some bills that aren't going to be automatically =
charged=20
> through MSMoney. All I want is for my bills to have a reminder set for =
me.=20
> The money is already being automatically pulled from my checking =
account. All=20
> I want Money to do is to remind me that their dates are coming up. =
It's too=20
> fancy.

If it's already being pulled from your checking account, don't you need =
to record those? Put them in the Bills list as direct draft. Set it to =
post automatically a couple of days before the due date.
--=20
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL
0
spam_magnet (1210)

Bills summary balance missing
In Money 2005, the Bills Summary screen contained a balance that would update based on the selected bill(s). In Money 2006, this balance no longer appears. Does anyone know why this may have gone away or how to re-enable it? I am thinking this might have to do with a new feature of Money 2006 ("New! Manage bills easily. Money 2006 Deluxe allows you to pay multiple bills from multiple accounts all at once"). That's nice, but what about folks who pay bills from just one account--say, a checking account? There is a link to "View current balances" that shows bal...

The "Bills" palette
How can I put in some bills that aren't going to be automatically charged through MSMoney. All I want is for my bills to have a reminder set for me. The money is already being automatically pulled from my checking account. All I want Money to do is to remind me that their dates are coming up. It's too fancy. "PeterBBailey" <PeterBBailey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:33E48A73-87D1-4164-A5A3-1E5E360EB27D@microsoft.com... > How can I put in some bills that aren't going to be automatically = charged=20 > through MSMoney. All I want is for...

Why the bills is so slow ?
I have a fast machine P4 3.0 Ghz with 1 gig RAM. I wonder why Money 2005 Premium is so slow compare to Money 2004. When I go in the Bills and record a bill it takes a lot of time before the action is finish. Also every month I buy Mutual Funds so I set up a buy from my check account in the Bills section. So when I record these buys it takes like 10 seconds to make the buy in Money ! Why it takes so much time ? it's only a buy from a check account ? Well i really think that Microsoft should speed up Money 2005 ! Lucky I have a fast machine because with my old PIII 600 I would uninsta...

money 2005
Hi Everyone, I haven't received my copy of money 2005 yet (suppose to ship soon) so was wondering if the problem in bill and deposits where the next occurrence of an apay etc. will sometimes list several months in the future. Has this been corrected or fixed? Thanks Jim Hello Jim: You wrote in conference microsoft.public.money on Sun, 19 Sep 2004 06:21:47 -0500: JJ> I haven't received my copy of money 2005 yet (suppose to ship soon) so JJ> was wondering if the problem in bill and deposits where the next JJ> occurrence of an apay etc. will sometimes list several...

Syncing bills between Money '05 and MSN Money #2
I've setup Money 2005 to sync with MSN Money. Now all of my bills show up on my MSN Money home page. I've been waiting for this a long time. When I go to the Bills To-Do List, however, I can't make payments. The top of the page says, "to setup up a bill to be paid online, click Set up to pay online. If you have already paid a bill and want to remove the reminder, click bill paid." There is no "Set up to pay online" item to click or a "Bill paid" item to click. When I go to the payment center, I can't even see my bill list. What am I missing...

Scheduling bills
Howdy! I'm using Microsoft Money 2006. I would like to schedule upcoming bills paid by check and paid as an electronic draft from checking. However, if I schedule the bill in the Bill Summary and mark it paid there, then when I download transaction updates from my bank Money deducts the payment twice from my checking account balance. The only way I have found to "resolve" this is to not schedule the bill and just download the transaction. However, this doesn't let me see my planned spending for the month and I can't trust my bank balance since not all of my checks hav...

calendar does not show paid bills/transactions
When viewing the calendar for previous months, completed bill payments or transactions do not appear for previous dates. How to I change this. I have recently upgraded to Money 04 and never had this problem before. Thanks for any assistance! ...

setup loan acct then bills & deposits don't register properly
Money 2004. How do I setup Loan Account type Morgtage so that 'Money enters this transaction in the account register from which you pay the loan and in the register for your loan account, if you have one', as Money 2004 help it will do but doesn't. I used Account Setup to setup Loan Account type Mortgage. My payment is setup as a split. I split into Housing: Mortgage Principal; Housing:Mortgage Interest; Insurance:Life; and Housing: Escrow Account. I make payment using my Bank Account. When I created the new account all payments automatically populated the Loan and Liabilit...

Scheduled Bills & Deposits, MSN Bill Pay, e-Bills
I can't figure out how to get M03 to recognize a scheduled bill (setup in Scheduled Bills & Deposits), as being paid when I have the bill setup as an e-bill in MSN Bill Pay, and I pay the e-Bill in MSN Bill Pay (i.e., I don't do click 'Enter into Regiater...' in Money, but rather I click Pay in MSN Bill Payment Center). The payment entry from MSN Bill Pay appears in M03 in the correct bank checking account within a few minutes of clicking 'Pay' in Bill Pay, but I have to manually 'skip this occurance' in the Scheduled Bills & Deposits screens to ...

Reappearing bills
I'm experiencing a bug and wondering if anybody else has seen this, and if so, what their solution was. This is with Money 2006 Deluxe. If I skip or delete a regularly scheduled bill, it will reappear the next time Money is opened. This is happening with a half dozen of my bills. I've tried both of the repair options to no avail. And because I have about 34 accounts going back many years, I really don't want to go through Export/New/Import. I've discovered that they'll reappear not only when Money is reopened, but sometimes while it's still open, after some trigger ...

Edit Bills in Bill Summary
Using Money Plus Deluxe ver. 17.0.120.1415 Many of the items in Bill Summary will let me edit them by right clicking them. Some, however do not offer this option and I must highlight and click the "Edit" button below. I can find no reason for this strange behavior. Any clues? "Catenary" <Catenary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45F9BA3F-6DF3-46A4-9E0E-50CDEDE61029@microsoft.com... > Using Money Plus Deluxe ver. 17.0.120.1415 > > Many of the items in Bill Summary will let me edit them by right clicking > them. Some, however do no...

Bills & Deposits time frame shown
This might be a losing question but I wish someone would make some changes to the Bills & Deposit screen reporting. I remember the old versions that when you gave it a 90 day time frame it showed ALL entries for the 90 days. The random picking & choosing of bills to show is totally annoying, I get only one deposit showing and a few near term bills and a random scattering of bills for up to 6 months down the road. I know if I go to the cash flow screen I can get a scrolling window of everything for a chosen time span but if I enter all this in on the Bills & Deposit screen WHY can...

Money 2001 pay bills
I just upgrade to Money 2006 Standard from Money 2001 Standard. In Money 2001, I could open pay bills, hold the Ctrl and it would highlight multiple bills/deposits and I could see what my check balance would be After. I used this to be sure I would always have enough money in my checking to pay my bills. I don't believe Money 2006 Standard has this feature. Does one of the other newer Money versions have this feature? Reggie, This too was one of my first irritants with MM 2006. Fortunately afterward there have been only scant few more. The biggest one is the sell-out adverti...

Money 2006 crashes when I click on the Bills tab
Hi, I've been having a problem where Money 2006 crashes when I click on the Bills tab. I've followed the remedy discussed by KB900969 to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions on how I might get to the bottom of this? From Help...About: Money version 15.0.80.513 -- Thanks, Mike ...

Revision levels in Bills of Material
Hey Has anyone come across an issue like listed below and have any suggestions? Thanks When a BOM contains multiple levels and one of those levels is edited and becomes a new revision level should this roll up to the BOMs it exists on and roll over the revision level on them? (IE Widget 1 is composed of Widget A, B and C. Widget A is a made item and the others can be buy items. When widget A changes and becomes revision 2 with a small change can it somehow flag Widget 1 to reflect this change?) The confusion happens when the purchasing agent comes in to buy the parts to ma...

Bills not viewable in Bills Summary?
Recently when updating upcoming bills on the Bills Summary page, all of the information about upcoming bills disappeared?? I've tried restarting Money, but still nothing showing in Bills Summary screen. If I click on the Bill Calendar view I can see that the bills are still there, and they are also viewable from the Home Screen in the Upcoming Bills and Deposits section. Any ideas why this happened and how to restore the Bills Summary page? Restore one of your backups. teabag "JMcMusicman" <JMcMusicman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Moving bills in "bills and accounts" into budget planner
I just added all my monthly bills into "bills and accounts". I'm sure there is a way to import my monthly bills into "budge plannner" but can't seem to figure this out. Any suggestions?? Thanks! Andy If you create a new budget, you get the option to include them all in. Otherwise, go to the budget you're already using, click on the expenses and then 'enter values from autobudget'. You'll notice some recurring entries in there which should be slected by default. Add the ones you want. (That might do it, never tried). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsof...

Selecting multiple bills within Bills window
I had an older version of Money prior to upgrading to 2006. I used to be able to highlight multiple bills that would be paid by the same account and it would tell me the account balance if I were to pay the bills now. I LOVED THIS FEATURE. 2006 only seems to give me the balance for every pending bill that is on the screen. is there a way to do what I used to? Thanks, Matt Nope. Hasn't been since M02. "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD70885D-19A9-4848-AA23-3C17DD029F6B@microsoft.com... >I had an older version of Money prior to upg...

Recurring bills #4
I used the recurring bills feature in my first budget in 2002. Now every year when I create and edit my budget it continues to ask if I want to edit a recurring bill (and the 2002 amount) or list an additional amount. Is this a bug in the software? Because each year I don't even copy my old budget I create a new one - specifically to get rid of this problem but it hasn't worked. Recurring bills are part of your budget, by definition. When you create a new budget, the existing bills are incorporated into it. You have no control over that. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL &q...

Bill Summary (Select Multiple Bills) Broken
In Money 2005 I am able to select multiple bills and deposits and Money will calculate how much I will have in my mail checking account after each bill is selected. If I want to deselect a bill I can and it will recalculate. For me this is the best tool in Money for managing my cash flow and how I will pay bills. Money 2007 and 2008 does not allow me to CTRL select or shift select multiple bills at all. The cash flow function is worthless for this as it just shows upcoming bills and you can not deselect a bill and put it back to see what will happen in real time. Also in Money 2004 I co...

bills no longer appear in bills summary
Hello, A couple of my standing orders no longer appear in the Bills Summary page. They are, however, still registered because when I look at the cash flow forecast, the transactions show up in the list of future transactions. However, when I try to right click on them to edit the series, nothing happens. Any suggestions on how to make the missing orders re-appear on the Bills Summary page? I have tried running the file repair utility. RichT wrote: > Hello, > > A couple of my standing orders no longer appear in the Bills Summary > page. > > They are, however, still ...

MS Bill Pay
Something I learned a couple weeks ago after years of using MS Bill Pay / CheckFree. I was trying to figure out why my bank showed that a check had been cashed but the recipient said they never received the (paper) check. I learned that MSN Bill Pay / CheckFree debits your account when they **print the check**. So they get my money as soon as it is printed and hold it for the float of the mailing and recipient cashing time. Several days. Figure it out: thousands of users sending hundreds of thousands of dollars in MSN Bill Pay/CheckFree payments. The money is sitting in someone else...

Bills
The only bills I have are rent and my credit cards (everything else just goes on the credit cards). I love that I can pay bills through money but... is it possible to list the current balance of a given credit card in the Bills summary page so I don't have to keep flipping back to see how much to pay? Thanks. -Drew ...

total for bills
Is it possible to have the total of the bills not yet paid in the current or for the upcoming month? Thank you in advance. Bepp ...

2004 Bills and Deposits
In Money 2001 i could expand the bills and deposits view to 3, 6 and 12 months. I don't see how to do this in 2004. Is this feature lost on the upgrade?! Also, my reoccuring deposits only display the next one, not all that will happen in the next period. I have them scheduled as reoccuring, and they show on the calender, just not on the bills and deposits view. What am I doing wrong? Or is this another lost feature for the "upgrade"? In M2004 if you go to Forecast your cash Flow you have a drop down window labelled Time Period. with options from Next 7 days through N...