Text search function in Money

I am using the Money 2002, and I have entered 2 years of transactions. Some
of them I put detailed note in the memo field of the transaction for future
reference. When I doing my tax, I like to pull up piece information here and
there from Money, so I tried Search function.

In the advanced search box, when I choose all account (credit card, bank,
cash) to search for word "tax", it only returns those payee field containing
"tax". It just skips/ignores the memo field of each transaction. I look
around, but not seeing anywhere having option to search "all text field".

Any suggestion to solve this? Thanks

wj

0
wj1 (14)
4/14/2004 3:13:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Did you select all payees on the payee tab of the report customize
box?

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:13:02 -0400, "wj" <wj@abc.com> wrote:

>I am using the Money 2002, and I have entered 2 years of transactions. Some
>of them I put detailed note in the memo field of the transaction for future
>reference. When I doing my tax, I like to pull up piece information here and
>there from Money, so I tried Search function.
>
>In the advanced search box, when I choose all account (credit card, bank,
>cash) to search for word "tax", it only returns those payee field containing
>"tax". It just skips/ignores the memo field of each transaction. I look
>around, but not seeing anywhere having option to search "all text field".
>
>Any suggestion to solve this? Thanks
>
>wj

<<Remove the del for email>>
0
schwarzb (32)
4/15/2004 1:41:14 AM
Yes, I did. the default was to select all, and I did not check off any
payees. The problem I am having is that, I believe the advanced search does
not search text in the memo field.

Thanks

"Barry Schwarz" <schwarzb@deloz.net> wrote in message
> Did you select all payees on the payee tab of the report customize
> box?
>
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:13:02 -0400, "wj" <wj@abc.com> wrote:
>
> >I am using the Money 2002, and I have entered 2 years of transactions.
Some
> >of them I put detailed note in the memo field of the transaction for
future
> >reference. When I doing my tax, I like to pull up piece information here
and
> >there from Money, so I tried Search function.
> >
> >In the advanced search box, when I choose all account (credit card, bank,
> >cash) to search for word "tax", it only returns those payee field
containing
> >"tax". It just skips/ignores the memo field of each transaction. I look
> >around, but not seeing anywhere having option to search "all text field".
> >
> >Any suggestion to solve this? Thanks
> >
> >wj
> >

> <<Remove the del for email>>

0
wj1 (14)
4/15/2004 1:56:13 PM
I would suspect this is true.In MS Access, if I use a memo field - a search
doesn't use it either, so maybe you can't.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish.

"wj" <wj@abc.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I did. the default was to select all, and I did not check off any
> payees. The problem I am having is that, I believe the advanced search
does
> not search text in the memo field.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Barry Schwarz" <schwarzb@deloz.net> wrote in message
> > Did you select all payees on the payee tab of the report customize
> > box?
> >
> > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:13:02 -0400, "wj" <wj@abc.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I am using the Money 2002, and I have entered 2 years of transactions.
> Some
> > >of them I put detailed note in the memo field of the transaction for
> future
> > >reference. When I doing my tax, I like to pull up piece information
here
> and
> > >there from Money, so I tried Search function.
> > >
> > >In the advanced search box, when I choose all account (credit card,
bank,
> > >cash) to search for word "tax", it only returns those payee field
> containing
> > >"tax". It just skips/ignores the memo field of each transaction. I look
> > >around, but not seeing anywhere having option to search "all text
field".

> > >Any suggestion to solve this? Thanks
> > >
> > >wj
> > >

> > <<Remove the del for email>>

0
glyn1 (1534)

TEXT = text

Money files compatibility
I have recently installed Money plus, and was trying to open my old money file where I have years of history. It is a money 2002 (with updates) file. When I try to open it, I get the following message: Money can't open this file, because it was created using a different version of money. This is very disappointing, surely I can still convert my old file into the new format somehow? if there a converting little software that I can download from your site, to use as a one-off? Please let me know. Many thanks in advance for your help. Money Plus Deluxe or Premium? (Essentials is a tota...

Selecting text in a document

Pocket PC Money #2
Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you have performed a soft reset??? On "Casper" <schaerf@vicnet.net.au> wrote: >Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it >prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you >have performed a soft reset??? Set a password on the device? -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #...

CScrollView and text height

Microsoft Money 2001 #4
Dear Microsoft Newsgroup, I have installed Microsoft Money 2001 I am having problem to open "Set up your employment income and bill" because this is not highligted on the screen after I complited the two previous topics. Would you please help me with advice what to do. Best Regards - Ela ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Search by Subject
Hello Pros I'm looking for tools or command which allow me to search my exchange database per subject i.e find all the message with subject contain : nice picture Thanks Hi, Exmerge will do this for you. Exmerge download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1c12d67327d5&DisplayLang=en And a nice tutorial to save my fingers ;-) http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html Oliver ...

Function is not availalbe in expressions in query expression error message (0/1)
I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in Access 2007. I have attached two jpg pics. Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in the right direction for a fix? The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked fine. I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables. I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the frontend on a client W/S. I don't see the error while on my W/S which is my developer W/S and has Acce...

Instructions from help, do not exist in Money 2004
What is an invoice template? An invoice template is a special file you create in the Invoice Designer. Whenever you want to create an invoice, you can open the template file that you created in the Invoice Designer, enter the appropriate information and save the invoice under an appropriate name. The template is always saved as a blank form that you can use over and over. Money's Invoice Designer allows you to design custom invoice templates. You can design one template to use for all your invoices or different templates for different purposes. 1 At the top of the screen, cli...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Old Money
Hi Im sorry to bother you guys but I have a question re "money". It seems that my "cash acccount" is not included in the overall picture, the balance of this account is not reflected on the "home" page. When I go to "Review your current budget status" page it says I have no income (wages & salary) at all when there clearly is income going into the cash account. The figures relating to the cash account dont seem to influence any totals. Sorry this is a bit hard to understand but its difficult to explain. Hope you can help me. Moose. ...

IF function 11-15-09
If I create a function which checks for text in a cell, it gives a #NAME? error. I have a sheet with a cell containing the text 'Single'. In another cell I want to check for that word so I type =if(a1=''Single'', 1,2). Is there something wrong with that IF, it happens with any text I check for. Perhaps you need to use a semicolon rather than a comma - try it this way: =3DIF(A1=3D"Single";1;2) Hope this helps. Pete On Nov 15, 8:31=A0pm, Imani <Im...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I create a function which checks for text ...

Can't export to CSV from Money 2003
I suddenly am unable to export a money report and save as a CSV. I am able to save, but when excel 2003 opens up, there is nothing. When I look at the details of the csv file, there are 0 kb. I don't know if this is a money problem, excel problem or a windows problem. Has anyone seen or heard of anything like this? ...

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...