Tax report not exporting to Excel - Money 2005

I have the "Tax related Transactions" report set for the following:

Rows & Columns:
	Rows-Subcategories
	Columns - Payees
	Type - Summary

View as a report
All taxable accounts (IRA/401(k) accounts unchecked)
All payees
Relevant taxable categories
Previous Year (1/1/2004-12/31/2004)

When I click Export to Excel, I type in the file name. Money.exe goes
to 100% and that's it.

If I change the COLUMN option from Payees to Totals Only, it works.
Otherwise I have to kill Money and reopen it.

I have run the SuperSalvage. No joy.

Office 2003 SR1, all fixes.
Windows XP Sp2, all fixes.

Clues?

--
_______________________
Ed H.

Try just Copying (Ctrl+C) when the report is displayed and then pasting into
a spreadsheet. It's not a fix, obviously, but it might be a workaround.

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
> I have the "Tax related Transactions" report set for the following:
>
> Rows & Columns:
> Rows-Subcategories
> Columns - Payees
> Type - Summary
>
> View as a report
> All taxable accounts (IRA/401(k) accounts unchecked)
> All payees
> Relevant taxable categories
> Previous Year (1/1/2004-12/31/2004)
>
> When I click Export to Excel, I type in the file name. Money.exe goes
> to 100% and that's it.
>
> If I change the COLUMN option from Payees to Totals Only, it works.
> Otherwise I have to kill Money and reopen it.
>
> I have run the SuperSalvage. No joy.
>
> Office 2003 SR1, all fixes.
> Windows XP Sp2, all fixes.
>
> Clues?
>
> --
> _______________________
> Ed H.

In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
wrote:

>I have the "Tax related Transactions" report set for the following:
>
>Rows & Columns:
>	Rows-Subcategories
 -- Subtotal by Subcategories

>	Columns - Payees

I am trying to reproduce, but I am unclear what you mean by the
above line. I don't have a tab for just "Columns" when I click
Customize.

>	Type - Summary
>
>View as a report
>All taxable accounts (IRA/401(k) accounts unchecked)
>All payees
>Relevant taxable categories
>Previous Year (1/1/2004-12/31/2004)
>
>When I click Export to Excel, I type in the file name. Money.exe goes
>to 100% and that's it.
>
>If I change the COLUMN option from Payees to Totals Only, it works.
>Otherwise I have to kill Money and reopen it.

An alternative may be to right-click and choose Copy. In Excel,
paste.

A weird thing to try is to turn off video acceleration for
troubleshooting purposes. I don't predict it will affect things, but
it might be worth a quick experiment.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
2/21/2005 7:02:26 PM
via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal Learner-- MVP) wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>wrote:
>
>>I have the "Tax related Transactions" report set for the following:
>>
>>Rows & Columns:
>>	Rows-Subcategories
> -- Subtotal by Subcategories
>
>>	Columns - Payees
>
>I am trying to reproduce, but I am unclear what you mean by the
>above line. I don't have a tab for just "Columns" when I click
>Customize.

Both are on the ROWS and COLUMNS tab.

>>	Type - Summary
>>
>>View as a report
>>All taxable accounts (IRA/401(k) accounts unchecked)
>>All payees
>>Relevant taxable categories
>>Previous Year (1/1/2004-12/31/2004)
>>
>>When I click Export to Excel, I type in the file name. Money.exe goes
>>to 100% and that's it.
>>
>>If I change the COLUMN option from Payees to Totals Only, it works.
>>Otherwise I have to kill Money and reopen it.
>
>An alternative may be to right-click and choose Copy. In Excel,
>paste.

Yeah, that I know, but that isn't as easy.

>A weird thing to try is to turn off video acceleration for
>troubleshooting purposes. I don't predict it will affect things, but
>it might be worth a quick experiment.

I'll dig that up, but given it works with some configs and not others
(detail payee or just totals) I doubt that would have an effect.
--
_______________________
wrote:

>I'll dig that up, but given it works with some configs and not others
>(detail payee or just totals) I doubt that would have an effect.

Don't bother digging. Right-click blank spot on desktop. Properties.
Settings->Advanced->Troubleshoot.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Add export graph function to Excel (e.g. jpg, eps, wmf)
There needs to be an export function in Excel that allows graphs (charts) to be exported to other media as image (bmp, jpg, tiff, gif) or vector files (dxf, eps, pict, wmf). The quality of the current copy/paste files is poor, and the copies image is still linked, ,therefore manipulation in other programs is difficult. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

ways to separate totals for tax and non-tax items at tender time ?
I am using Microsoft POS 1.0 and a new user. I want to be able to show two separate totals for tax and non-tax items at tender time. Is there a way to do so within POS or do I need to write an add-in ? I am also surprised that I can't even sort per selected column which is often implemented in similar design by clicking on the column's title. At least that way, I can sort tax and non-tax by clicking on the tax column. Thanks in advance for the help, Sea ...

is this possible on excel?
I use a spread sheet to do work schedual 12 work sheet 1 for each month columes are total days for the whole month( i use 4 extra columes between weeks for extra info.) rows are name of staff I want to add 1 more work sheet to keep track of vacation time Is there a formula or way so it will automatically mark on the schedual the vacation time as entered in the vacation work sheet on the proper month and day? Maybe something along the lines of this set-up .. Assume you have in Sheet1, in cols A to D, data in row2 downwards, the set-up: Name...........Reason....1st day of abs...Last day of ...

Tax Exempt and tax display
I am new to POS 2009 so this may be a simple question, but it escaped me. 1) We have 2 tax types. How do you setup customers so they are exempt for only one. If you use the exempt feild in customer setup then they are exempt from all. 2) We have each tax seperate on the receipt, but is their a way to display both taxes seperatley on the pos screen? Thanks Doug I am having the same issue but with RMS 2.0..when i set it up to exempt certain part of the tax it gives no tax..plz help "Prairie Computers SK Canada" wrote: > I am new to POS 2009 so this may be a si...

Access XP Import (from Excel XP) Errors
I am using Excel XP to import a single sheet to Access XP. Every single time I get this error: "The wizard is unable to access information in the file '<pathname>'. Please check that the file exists and that the file is in the correct format." The cause is not an ISAM issue as I checked the files and registry entries for same as suggested in Knowledge Base #209805; 283881; 90111; and 142473. My work-a-round is to export from Excel to a text file, then to import that text file into Access. This is the long way around the barn. Also, where can I obtain a comp...

How do get rid of formatting characters when reporting Issues from reporting database
Issue description and Issue Resolution because they are rich text (I guess) when reported via SQL Reporting Services contains all kinds of garbage like </div>, &nbsp, etc. What's the best way to strip the special characters out when reporting from the database? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Hi Andy, you have a couple of options depending on your SQL version. If you run 2008 you can use the REport builder 2.0 which by the way renders the rich text. If you have 2005 you will need to write some code to strip the HTML tags out. Hope that helps -- Marc Soester [MV...

Trial balance for multiple companies in one report
Hi, I am reporting for multiple companies in FRx and would like to have a trial balance which includes all companies. ie: Company A Cash 100 Assets 350 Company B Cash 225 Assets 600 I have done this by using a tree and restricting the Related Row column "D" in the row to the reporting company tree. What I would like to do is have another column appear which shows the company ID. That is, I want a column to the left of Company A, Cash and Assets which says Company A [the description from the tree]. ....a...

Import / Export Customization Issue
I create many customizations, including new objects, new attributes, changned views, changed ass. views, etc. When I export and import into another CRM enviroment, all changes happen except the form and associated view changes. For example if I change the form (details tab) to have 3 fields only, after the export / import the details tab is back to the default install? Any way to tell what is happening? You have to publish your customizations -- ---------------------- regards, Ilya Milshtein MBS Master, MBSCP, MCP Softline Solutions "John" wrote: > I create many cus...

converting lotus 123 files to excel
How do I convet 123 files to excel ?? Hello, Pete; Until somebody who has actually done this answers: Have you tried dragging your 123 file into an Excel window, and if Excel opens it, saving it as an Excel document ("Save as type:" down at the bottom of the "Save As" dialog)? Regards, IanRoy "Pete" wrote: > How do I convet 123 files to excel ?? Hi either save the file in Lotus 123 as Excel file or try a commercial converter (e.g. www.dataviz.com) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb ...

Why is the chart data wrong when I hover over it in Excel 2007?
In Excel 2007, the line and scatter charts do not display the correct x,y values when the cursor is hovered over a data point. Excel 2003 displayed the correct x,y values. Is there a way to correct this problem in the 2007 version? spearl - "Hover" values are correct for me for both Line and XY Scatter chart types in Excel 2007 SP2. To check for SP2, choose Office Button | Excel Options | Resources | About .... If it's not SP2, to get the updates, choose Office Button | Excel Options | Resources | Check for Updates - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "NonTe...

Exchange 2000 mailbox manager report
Recipient Policy monitors messages above 20M Malbox Manager report shows incorrect size of messages that would be moved or deleted Folder /Drafts Contents: 3 Items (9,00 KB Folder /Drafts Contents: 3 Items (9,00 KB Folder /Drafts Done: 0 Items Processed, 3 Items Would Be Moved or Deleted (2097921 KB ..... Mailbox xxx@xxx.net Contents (before processing): 1486 Items (68,87 MB Mailbox xxx@xxx.net Done: 7 Folders Processed, 1230 Items Would Be Moved Or Deleted (315206 KB How to correct this problem ? Is it only report problem or incorrect calculation It does look like it is off for the size...

Using secured mdb with crystal report
I tried to display a crystal report but error "20535:incorrect session parameters" is shown. With a non-secured file that work perfectly. The lines I wrote are: CString szEmpty; CString szPassword; szPassword = _T("\n") + pDbReport->GetDatabasePassword(); pTable- >SetSessionInfo(szEmpty.AllocSysString(),szPassword.AllocSysString()) ; some extra details: crystal report 8.5 Visual studio 2003 office 2007 I think 'SetSessionInfo' has two arguments that are id and password. But, you push password parameter with _T("\n"); Why you do it? is right you...

How to Change Media Player in Excel
While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperlinks it was opening in the player which I dont know...So, I wanna change my video player to WMP or VLC. is it possible? how cld? This has to do with the file associations on your computer, not Excel. Do a search for "change file associations" in your favorite search engine and follow the instructions for your OS. --JP On Feb 2, 11:59=A0pm, Change Media Player in Excel Hyperlink <Change Media Player in Excel Hyperl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperl...

Excel to PDF produces multiple PDF's instead of one.
I posted this about a year ago, received a reply that may have involved a registry fix, successfully implemented the fix, and, since it was no longer a problem, promptly neglected to save the information. Now, after some reloaded software, the problem has arisen once more and I don't have/remember the correction. I do recall (I think) that the correction was on the Excel side of the Excel/PDF equation. So I humbly and ashamedly ask the same question again: Configuration: Adobe Acrobat Pro 6.01 Windows XP SP1 Excel 2003 I have an Excel spreadsheet with multiple sheets, each of wh...

How to make "Report" run for specefic 'Date' or other criteria?
I can use something like... Like [Enter Date w/o leading zeros like 4/2/2007] & "*" into a query... then build a Form on that query... Then run the Form And Access will pupup a screen and ask for a date. How can we do this when we run a "Report" on the same Query? thanks for any help. Mel <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in news:1184184721.213826.274340@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com: > I can use something like... > > Like [Enter Date w/o leading zeros like 4/2/2007] & "*" > > into a query... then build a Form on that query... Th...

Tax Invoice automated Tax number
I used Office 97 for a long while. In this Office Software Excell had the best Tax Invoice program or sheet. This sheet had a automated numbering system. Who knows of this and can tell me why in the Office 2003 Software this is not available any more ... this is very disturbing How can I use this Tax numbering system in the new Office 2003 - the numbers should automate themselves ...

Price Includes Tax
We have a very simple store that sells 4 sizes of ice cream. Size A is 2.75 Size B is 3.50 Size C is 4.25 Size D is 5.00 These prices include tax which is 7.8%. So what I did was entered item pricing of the following to account for the tax. Size A is 2.55 Size B is 3.25 Size C is 3.94 Size D is 4.64 This works great except for when the customer orders multiple quantities. Because I have rounded up the pricing it eventually rounds up making the total sale value a penny or two higher. For example: If the customer gets 3 Size D's the final price should be $15.00. However, the POS...

excel vba
When I open my vba project, a window pops up asking me if I want to lin the workbooks, or just continue and don't link them. I don't want t link them, how do I stop this screen from coming up -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You should always mention your Excel version. In Excel 2002 and 2003 use Startup Prompt feature in the Edit, Links dialog. The only other way to suppress the dialog is by opening the file with a macro which is probably not worth the bother. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "chief >" <<chief.1657li@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote i...

Easy reporting question
Is there a way to find out - The total number of e-mail items in a store? ...

XIRR in Excel 2003
There are two common situations: 1. Place an order to buy $10000 of a mutual fund. Due to fractional shares, and rounding, it is not uncommon to see value on that same day be $9999.99. 2. Purchase a stock at, say, 11:00 A.M. and then value may be lower later that same day, e.g., at market close or in after hours market. XIRR, in Excel 2003, handles these cases if the value is >= the purchase price, but not if the value is < the purchase price, in which case a NUM error is displayed. Has this been fixed in Excel 2005? There is no Excel 2005. The next Windows version of Excel is ...

Access 2007 Report Question
We have an a main equipment table that shows multiple pieces if equipment and current location. Is there an easy way to create a summary report which shows the current total for a specific item at a specific location? If you set up a grouping report. It may be necessary to create a grouping/totals query first on the table and use that query to create your report. The report wizard should give you a way to summarize the information with a count. "Rex Mundi" <jimb424@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5b1f06b3-dec5-4bb6-a539-59886fc7f140@v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >...

Inventory Turnover Report
I added OrderPointQty and OrderUpToLevel fields to the Inventory Turnover By Site. I entered the restriction with Item Master Locn code = Item Quantities Locn Code but the values in this field are incorrect with and without the restriction. Yet there are numbers in these fields but they show the number when "Initial Values" is selected, not the site. Also, why are the minimum and maximum fields on the Qty/Sites screen but the previous version of GP put these amounts in OrderPoint and OrderUpTo? I can't seem to find all the setup info I need in the User Guide, it doesn'...

Excel 2003 + macro
I want to place some code at the start of my macro. If D34 = no then a message box "Your printer code doesnt match" end macro else yes run the macro. Please help. Hi, Like this Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") If UCase(sht.Range("D34")) = "NO" Then MsgBox ("Your printer code doesn't match") Exit Sub End If 'Yuor code -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Neil Holden&q...

Paycode & Taxes
Not to go into details on this particular matter, but for background purposes we have some employees who due to a classification as "ministers" they have a set amount dresignated to come out as withholding from their monthly paycheck rather than being calculated off of the tax tables. We have no technical problems w/ the system handling these situations, but it causing an different issue for which I am trying to find a solution. There are times that these employees get a special pay distribution later in the month. Since they have set their monthly withholding, there is not ...

Special footer in Excel
At the office we use Lotus Notes 6.5. In this database we have instructions with excel files attached to them. When we open them, the title is generated by Lotus Notes i guess. The title that appears is something like this: Document opened as read only - This is the title (revision 3) Now if i use &[File] as the footer, it shows the whole title like above. I only want: This is the title (revision 3) How can i retrieve only the title and revision number out of Lotus Notes, OR create a footer from the title, that only shows the part i need. Without the: "Document opened as read only -...