Syncing bills between Money '05 and MSN Money #2

I've setup Money 2005 to sync with MSN Money.  Now all of my bills show up
on my MSN Money home page.  I've been waiting for this a long time.  When I
go to the Bills To-Do List, however, I can't make payments.  The top of the
page says, "to setup up a bill to be paid online, click Set up to pay
online.  If you have already paid a bill and want to remove the reminder,
click bill paid."  There is no "Set up to pay online" item to click or a
"Bill paid" item to click.  When I go to the payment center, I can't even
see my bill list.  What am I missing?

What I want to do is go to the bill list, select a bill and click something
that pays the bill, updates my bill list and records the payment in the
correct account.  Is this possible?

0
craigrow1 (4)
10/11/2004 11:56:12 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Click on the bill, and in the details, there is a 'setup to pay online'
check box.

"Craig Rowland" <craigrow@msn.com> wrote in message
> I've setup Money 2005 to sync with MSN Money.  Now all of my bills show up
> on my MSN Money home page.  I've been waiting for this a long time.  When
> go to the Bills To-Do List, however, I can't make payments.  The top of
the
> page says, "to setup up a bill to be paid online, click Set up to pay
> online.  If you have already paid a bill and want to remove the reminder,
> click bill paid."  There is no "Set up to pay online" item to click or a
> "Bill paid" item to click.  When I go to the payment center, I can't even
> see my bill list.  What am I missing?
>
> What I want to do is go to the bill list, select a bill and click
something
> that pays the bill, updates my bill list and records the payment in the
> correct account.  Is this possible?

0
bjclarinet (489)
10/12/2004 2:48:49 AM
Thanks for the assistance, but I cannot click on the bill.  The bills are
just listed in text, there is no code behind them.  The text at the top of
the page says, "to setup a bill to be paid online, click setup to pay
online."  It does not say "setup to pay online" anywhere.  There is an
"Online Payment" column in the bill list, it is blank also.

"Bonnie Synhorst -- MVP" <bjclarinet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Click on the bill, and in the details, there is a 'setup to pay online'
> check box.
>
> "Craig Rowland" <craigrow@msn.com> wrote in message
> > I've setup Money 2005 to sync with MSN Money.  Now all of my bills show
up
> > on my MSN Money home page.  I've been waiting for this a long time.
When
> > go to the Bills To-Do List, however, I can't make payments.  The top of
> the
> > page says, "to setup up a bill to be paid online, click Set up to pay
> > online.  If you have already paid a bill and want to remove the
reminder,
> > click bill paid."  There is no "Set up to pay online" item to click or a
> > "Bill paid" item to click.  When I go to the payment center, I can't
even
> > see my bill list.  What am I missing?
> >
> > What I want to do is go to the bill list, select a bill and click
> something
> > that pays the bill, updates my bill list and records the payment in the
> > correct account.  Is this possible?

0
craigrow1 (4)
10/12/2004 11:19:19 PM
Are you setup for online bill pay with MSN Money?  If you are, you should
have the setup to pay online link under the Online Payment column as well.

> Thanks for the assistance, but I cannot click on the bill.  The bills are
> just listed in text, there is no code behind them.  The text at the top of
> the page says, "to setup a bill to be paid online, click setup to pay
> online."  It does not say "setup to pay online" anywhere.  There is an
> "Online Payment" column in the bill list, it is blank also.
>
> "Bonnie Synhorst -- MVP" <bjclarinet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Click on the bill, and in the details, there is a 'setup to pay online'
> > check box.
> >
> > "Craig Rowland" <craigrow@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > I've setup Money 2005 to sync with MSN Money.  Now all of my bills
show
> up
> > > on my MSN Money home page.  I've been waiting for this a long time.
> When
> > > go to the Bills To-Do List, however, I can't make payments.  The top
of
> > the
> > > page says, "to setup up a bill to be paid online, click Set up to pay
> > > online.  If you have already paid a bill and want to remove the
> reminder,
> > > click bill paid."  There is no "Set up to pay online" item to click or
> > > "Bill paid" item to click.  When I go to the payment center, I can't
> even
> > > see my bill list.  What am I missing?
> > >
> > > What I want to do is go to the bill list, select a bill and click
> > something
> > > that pays the bill, updates my bill list and records the payment in
the
> > > correct account.  Is this possible?

0
bjclarinet (489)
10/13/2004 4:43:43 PM
Yes, I've been paying my bills via MSN Money for years.

> Are you setup for online bill pay with MSN Money?  If you are, you should
> have the setup to pay online link under the Online Payment column as well.
>
> "Craig Rowland" <craigrow@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the assistance, but I cannot click on the bill.  The bills
are
> > just listed in text, there is no code behind them.  The text at the top
of
> > the page says, "to setup a bill to be paid online, click setup to pay
> > online."  It does not say "setup to pay online" anywhere.  There is an
> > "Online Payment" column in the bill list, it is blank also.
> >
> > "Bonnie Synhorst -- MVP" <bjclarinet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Click on the bill, and in the details, there is a 'setup to pay
online'
> > > check box.
> > >
> > > "Craig Rowland" <craigrow@msn.com> wrote in message
> show
> > up
> > When
> of
> > > the
> > reminder,
> > even

> > > something
> the

0
craigrow1 (4)
10/14/2004 12:23:04 AM
Same here. MSN Money Plus worked fine. I was able to click bill paid
from the list on any of the entries -- until I installed Money 2005
and sync'd with MSN. Now it's broken. Only some of the bills in my
list have this option, the ones that haven;t had to sync with Money
2005 yet. Please don't tell me this is by design or that I'm being
forced to use MSN Bill Pay, because then you've just sold me a useless
program. I paid for Money 2005 -- I paid for the MSN Premium service
which is supposed to include MSN Money Plus. I expect them both to
work. <groan>

"Craig Rowland" <craigrow@msn.com> wrote in message news:<416dc6f7$1@news.microsoft.com>...
> Yes, I've been paying my bills via MSN Money for years.
>
> "Bonnie Synhorst -- MVP" <bjclarinet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Are you setup for online bill pay with MSN Money?  If you are, you should
> > have the setup to pay online link under the Online Payment column as well.
> >
> > "Craig Rowland" <craigrow@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for the assistance, but I cannot click on the bill.  The bills
>  are
> > > just listed in text, there is no code behind them.  The text at the top
>  of
> > > the page says, "to setup a bill to be paid online, click setup to pay
> > > online."  It does not say "setup to pay online" anywhere.  There is an
> > > "Online Payment" column in the bill list, it is blank also.
> > >
> > > "Bonnie Synhorst -- MVP" <bjclarinet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>  online'

>  show
>  up
>  When
>  of
>  the
>  pay
>  reminder,
>  or
>  even

>  something
>  the

0
cfurlin (1)

Money access over shared drive
We are buy a house and my main PC is going downstairs. I want to keep money on that machine with the file locally. Can I run money from the other computer and connect to the file across the network. Are there license ramifications? Eventually I'll want to "train" my wife to put in transactions. You can do it but be very very careful. You must NEVER EVER have Money running on two PCs simultaneously - even hidden background tasks. Money is designed as a single PC application. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.micros...

POS Sync After Every Z Report
Hi All~ I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another station sync every time a Z report is ran? Should the database sync every time? I thought only when the POS was in offline status. I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database. Is this expected? Hi Jerry, It syncs every z because there may be changes to the items, taxes and other databases. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0411161303.32f35868@posting.googl...

Tasks and reminders #2
Many of my tasks repeat daily, and are not tied to any particular time. When adding a task, all I really want is the reminder. Here's what happens: Add task. Start Date: None. Due Date: None. Reminder box shows today's date at 0800, although it's now 1400. I change the reminder to 3/18 at 1200. Then I click Recurrence > Daily > Start 3/18. When I click OK, the reminder box has changed to 3/18 at 0800 and the Due Date box has changed to 3/18. I change the Due Date back to None and change the reminder back to 1200. Must be doing something wrong here? Is there a simp...

Bill of Materials Import
I'm having trouble import Bills of Materials. Can someone provide me with sample files or any advice? Thank you! Are you importing manufacturing BOMs or inventory BOMs? I've done integrations for manufacturing BOMs using the direct to table adapter. I've also got a doc from MBS on importing manufacturing BOMs to 8.0. If you'll e-mail me (jim.harris@turbochf.com) I'll forward that to you. -- Jim@TurboChef "Elaine" wrote: > I'm having trouble import Bills of Materials. Can someone provide me with > sample files or any advice? > > Tha...

Sub Accounts in Money 2004
Is it possible to set up subaccounts in MS Money 2004 Standard Edition? I can't find anything about it in the help menus or online. jh, No way to setup subaccounts, but if you post back with a brief example of what you're trying to do, there could be alternatives. Regards, JB jharris96 wrote: > Is it possible to set up subaccounts in MS Money 2004 Standard Edition? I > can't find anything about it in the help menus or online. ...

Recording stock options money 2003 standard edition
When entering stock option puts and calls, my portfolio shows these items as cents rather than dollars . This results in an incorrect total for the balance. Foe example, I pay $50 dollars for an option but it shows up as .50 cents thereby showing a loss of $49.50 rather than .50 cents. Is there a way to enter these transactions without this occuring? In microsoft.public.money, Michael wrote: >When entering stock option puts and calls, my portfolio >shows these items as cents rather than dollars . This >results in an incorrect total for the balance. Foe >example, I pay $5...

Outlook Creating Sync Problem Folders.....HELP
When Outlook 2003 perform the send/receive action. My mail comes in/out, however a box pops up showing there was an error. This error then goes into a sync folder as an email. I DID NOT create this folder. If I delete the sync folder, it re-creates itself. Any ideas on how to stop this madness? The sync folder is a system folder that Outlook needs and uses. Would probably be better to address the error, rather than merely trying to hide the reporting mechanism, no? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforl...

Grid lines not printing #2
Got a weird one here--One of my users is trying to print an Excel spreadsheet and the grid lines are not printing as they should. They print properly from other machines for the same document. I cannot find any settings in options to correct the problem. Any ideas? Have you tried: File - Page Set up - Sheet - Gridlines From the menu bar. Good luck Mike >-----Original Message----- >Got a weird one here--One of my users is trying to print >an Excel spreadsheet and the grid lines are not printing >as they should. They print properly from other machines >for the sam...

Money 2004 blocks Money 2002
I downloaded Money 2004 trial version. When I went to use Money 2004, which is installed on my computer, tthe files are now password protected even though I never had a password for them, and I can't get into my files. I tried MS Support but get an error message saying my product ID isn't valid in the US. Any ideas on how to fix this? ...

Money 2005 Report Error
Hi Folks, I have a report problem that I have not been able to solve. I have looked in the newsgroup's FAQs web page and not found anything related to this problem. The problem is that I ran a Transactions by Category report (the canned one, not a favorite) using a subcategory that I later (after running the report) deleted. Now when I try to run the Category by Transaction report, the report starts to open but then immediately encounters an error and takes me back to the Reports main page. I am guessing that the Transactions by Category report is trying to open using the delet...

Remote sync
Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any other solution. Any suggestion will be very greatly a...

OneNote sync no linger syncs
I have oneNote 2007 installed on Laptop with Windows Vista. It has been syncing with my Pocket PC but it no longer does. Updates on either device are not carried to the other. I have uninstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC with no effect. What should I do? Thanks ....and I assume you REinstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC? What OS is the Pocket PC running? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazo...

Combo box 05-25-07
Hi , I have a form with combo box. In case the user type in value that is not in the combo list, I would like him to get a massage "Invalid entry". Any ideas? Thanks First open your form in design mode. Open the properties menu and goto the data page. Set the 'Limit to List' property to Yes. Then goto the Event page and select the 'On Not in List' and click on the .... (right hand) choose to code builder. The VBE window will open. Enter the following msgbox "Invalid entry" Save your changes and try it out. you should also note that by simp...

Money 2004 won't convert old files
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 on XP Pro SP1. The install was over a previous working copy of Money 2000 (plus whatever online updates it has installed over the last few years). When I try to convert my data file, the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot locate [ my file ] or cannot open it, possibly because it's read only or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected". There are no other applications holding the file open. The machine is single user, on a L...

Separating data #2
I am trying to take 2 rows in Excel and put them into 1 row, spreadin across 3 columns. For example: Currently looks like this: column A row 1: Watch row 2: $5.00 July 10th I would like to make it look like this: column A column B column C row 1: Watch $5.00 July 10th Thanks in advance, Da -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following formulas on your second sheet A1: =OFFSET('sheet1'!$A$1,(ROW()-1)*2,0) B1: =OFFSET('sheet1'!$A$2,(ROW()-1)*2,COLUMN()-2) and copy to the right afterwards ...

money deposited into an account with 6.5% interest-amount of year
Try again. This time put a short description of your problem in the subject and explain what you would like to do in the body of your post. gls858 ...

Outlook not syncing correctly
Hi Friday I had a nasty disk failure of a server which services a small network, it has only about 5 users. It's the only server in the AD, running as DC ofcourse, W2003 Sp1, Exchange 2003 Sp2. The disk was dead as dead can be. So the disaster recovery plan kicks in... yeah right. Last good tape turned out to be from august 15th 2005. Don't get me started on why. I put in a new disk, installed W2003 SP1 eval edition (only cd arround), restored from tape the c-drive, system state and exchange. After a few reboots solving minor issues about WMI etc, I started checking my mailboxes. Wit...

Can't insert command button #2
Hi All I have Excel 2000, with SP3. I want to add a command button to a blank sheet, so .... 1. View, Toolbars, Control Toolbox. 2. Select the Command Button. 3. Draw the button on the blank sheet. 4. Pop-up dialog says "Cannot insert object". I've done this thousands of times before without a problem, can't seem to find anything about it in Microsoft's Knowledgebase, so wondered if it was an SP3 issue? Anyone else seen this? Many thanks in advance. Simon ...

2010 Jobs Bill
The new jobs bill that was passed allows employers an exemption from paying the 6.2% Social Security contribution for every new employee hired through the end of the year as long as that employee had been out of work for at least 60 days. What's the best way to handle this is GP? How can we withhold the 6.2% but not calculate and post the employer's share? Elaine, I have used a regular deduction and then included it on a custom report. The standard 941 reports will not capture this information yet. I'm using build 1411 of v 10. I'll watch this post for ot...

Exporting MSN Money Central Porfolio to Excel
Hi, when I try to export the MSN Money Portfolio to Excel, Excel opens up and in cell A1, I see Stock portfolio Getting Data and then a error box that says "Unable to open http//moneycentral.com/startingportfolio. The Internet site reports that connection was established but the data is not available". I would like to create a spreadsheet with this data in ExcelXp (Excel 2002), what am I doing wrong? Thanks, Bob ...

Help with formula. dates/money
I have 3 cells which I enter a start date this produces �229 in cell I23 =INT((DATE(I3,H3,G3)-DATE(E3,D3,C3))/7)*229 I then have 3 cells to enter a finish date this also produces �299 in cell I24 =INT((DATE(I3,H3,G3)-DATE(E3,D3,C3))/7)*229 The problem I have is that if the start date and finish date equals 2 weeks then I get 2 entries for 229 which is ok But if the start and finish date is only 1 week I still get 2 entries of �229 I understand why it is doing this but how do I alter the formula so that if the difference between the start and the finish date is only 1 week then I onl...

sync
I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew calendar. Can some body guide me? Thanks AN AN wrote: > I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my > outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to > sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew > calendar. Can some body guide me? > > Thanks > > AN Hi - might want to post in a PocketPC / Activesync group f...

Help With Sorting #2
I am trying to sort some cells on my worksheet and am having problems. The column I am trying to sort has a date format. I highlight all the rows and columns of data and go to Data -> Sort but when I select the column it doesn't sort the dates right and sometimes it even changes half of my date formats to another style. Anyone know what would cause this? Thanks in advance. How is that column formated? It almost sounds like some of the cells withing that column are not all sorted the same. It is kind of hard to tell what's wrong without looking at i physically. However...

Money 2006 Premium crashes
If I try to start a tool such as file repair, or budget planner or even simply exit MS Money 2006 Premium, I get an error that msmoney.exe cased a page fault in pfplan.dll and money needs to restart. If I've put in any data changes, they are saved, but things like forms layouts (e.g. - show transaction forms in an account) are not saved. This has been happening for about a month now, and I've been through every knowledge base article I can find on the topic (including ones on removing & reinstalling Money, which I've done about a dozen times now) with no change. MS Mo...

MTA #2
Hello everyone, question, My Exchange 5.5 SP4 Message Transfer Agent(MTA)terminates unexpectedly with event id: 7031 which is really not giving me the reason why. Has anyone encountered this before? If so, what was the solution or can you point me to the right place to find a solution. Best Regards, RC Hi Robert, Yeah that generic error is pretty useless. Will the MTA start at all? -- hth, SusanV "Robert Cole" <careyr@trwsfcu.org> wrote in message news:785c01c3e752$6e01eba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, question, My Exchange 5.5 SP4 Message > Transfer A...