Synchronize between 2 money files

I would like to extend usage of money for my wife's finance. For this
functionality I would like to manage my finance from my notebook, which is
not always connected to same net as my wife's notebook. Therefor I would like
to have some possibility of synchronization of several accounts between these
two computers (even shared datafile could be kept on third computer with
shared drive).
I don't wish to publish financial data to any web server.

Is there any solution for this kind of functionality? I'm thinking about
similar solution as Ultrasoft Money for Palm uses for synchronization.

Currently I use Money 2000 and this could be reason to upgrade to newer
version.

Thanks for info.
0
Musilek (1)
11/3/2004 9:48:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Five versions later the only solution Microsoft offers is precisely that.

"Jan Musilek" <Jan Musilek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I don't wish to publish financial data to any web server.

Could be someody a bit more specific?
Thanks

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Five versions later the only solution Microsoft offers is precisely that.

You asked "Is there any solution for this kind of functionality?" The answer
in the version you don't want to leave, M2K, is no. the answer in the latest
version available, M05, is still no. There is no way to "sync" two separate
Money data files between two machines, with or without shoving the data out
on a web server somewhere. The absolute closes Money gets requires exactly
that and it still does not "sync" two separate Money data files between two
machines, despite the assertion M05 makes that it supports "file sharing".

What could be more specific than that?

You did indicate that some kind of networked solution ("even shared datafile
could be kept on third computer with shared drive") was acceptable. (Though
you also indicated the conflicting requirement "[sharing between] my
notebook, which is not always connected to same net as my wife's notebook.")
I'm not clear how THAT would work, but you might want to read
http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=111.

> Could be someody a bit more specific?
> Thanks
>
> "Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> Five versions later the only solution Microsoft offers is precisely that.

Handling MRU File List
I have an SDI style app that has a list of recently used files on the FILE menu. How do I handle what happens when one of those filenames is selected from the menu ? -- Lordy Lordy wrote: > I have an SDI style app that has a list of recently used files on the > FILE menu. How do I handle what happens when one of those filenames is > selected from the menu ? > > > > MFC's processing of an MRU selection is a subset of the processing of a File Open command. So you probably don't have to do anything to support the MRU list. For both a File Open and a...

Import #2
I have a csv file, of contacts, that was exported from Outlook. When you bring this into excel, the street field may have multiple information, ex.-123 Main Street PO Box 999 What happens with this is, it puts a return between the two entries. It also does this to the note field. It puts a square whre the return is. I want to break this into two columns in excel. What I would like to know, is there any way to do a mass replace for this return with, say a ^ (carrot). That way I can break this into seperate columns using the carrot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. J...

Delivery Options #2
With Delivery Options, I want to be able to schedule a message to be sent even if I am not logged in. Is this possible or do I always need to be logged in for the message to be sent? Depends; -configured with a pst-file as default delivery location; yes, you need to be logged in -configured with an Exchange mailbox as default delivery location; no, you don't need to be logged in -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kate" <anonymous...

Money 2002 Vista Error
Just purchased new Dell PC with Vista Ultimate. Had issues with Money file updating to current. Uninsalled software and re-installed and also restored the DB to most recent back-up saved on memory key. Now I am getting the following message when trying to login to the Money 2002: Miscrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\microsoft moeny\system\msmoney.exe abnormal program termination Help!!! We went out and purchased Money 2007 Deluxe and the MS compatibility site said it would work with Vista, but doesn't. Does anyone have any fixes for ...

Archive not working #2
(Outlook 2003) I noticed that my Calendar isn't archiving. I have auto archive set to work every 7 days, and to go back 6 months, also it won't work when I click File>Archive. It used to work fine... See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/archivenotworking.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "99XJ" <rnwrede@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5DD7E336-9A0F-4408-82A...

Size of the PST file too big w/ Outlook 2000
Hi you all! I am using Outlook 2000 and I want to decrease the size of my outlook.pst file. I know that when you get over 1GB, you're heading for problems... I run the archiving on a few folders; it did fine and created the archive files, but the original outlook.pst file has not changed at all in size. Any idea? Nicolas You need to compact the file. Right click on outlook today/personal folders and select properties. select advanced and then compact. "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message news:ehBT45DOEHA.3012@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi you all! &...

How to Add a function to web file Name
I am downloading a file daily from net.In order to automise this task I wrote a code in my workbook.But filename is changes daily with current date.how to add a funnction to the code of filename.I wrote workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "http://www.nse-india.com/content/historical/EQUITIES/2005/DEC/cm02DEC2005bhav.csv" in this address 2005/DEC both changes on change of year and month and 02DEC2005 changes daily.how to incorporate this change of filename daily in my code ...

Since Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and/or the 12.2.3 Entourage hangs/stalls for no apparent reason
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3341496633_9178169 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit The subject says it all. Fans start to spin (Entourage eats a lot of processing power) and I have to force quit it. Any ideas? Sample here: http://home.mac.se/star-affinity/entourage_hang.txt --B_3341496633_9178169 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <H...

Deleting unwanted "Temporary" files
A web site has downloaded several files (gif, css and js) to my Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files folder. I do not want them on my PC since I don't know what they do and they were downloaded without my knowledge. I have tried to delete them, but can not do so. I used CCleaner to remove them, but when I reboot, theye are still there. They seem to be "permanent" and I can not remove, rename, edit or anything. Properties tell me nothing. In Windows Explorer, they file name is truncated and the internet address is listed. How can I get rid of them? I wil...

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Automatically upload EFT file to bank? 02-17-10
Does anyone know of any communications software that enables a payables EFT file to automatically upload to the bank? Please disregard this post, it is a duplicate. Sorry about that. If anyone knows how to delete posts, feel free to let me know. Thank you. "MichelleKay" wrote: > Does anyone know of any communications software that enables a payables EFT > file to automatically upload to the bank? ...

Sorry for the big email - resend
So sorry for the last time the 50K attachment mail, because I didn't know the email size is very limited in newsgroups. Sorry again. I send this again with plain text version. Thank you for support. ------------------------------ Hi, I am currently doing dissertation at Management School, the university of Sheffield. My project is to investigate effectiveness of International Marketing of global notebook brands, with a focus on Dell's notebook. I would greatly appreciate if you could spend a few minutes to answer the questionnaire by clicking options and click "Submit" t...

inserting file path!
hi all! how can i insert the 'file path' in all (existing as well as new) my word documents..?! any hlp..? -via135 What you do mean "insert"? Insert where? I guess (only a guess) you are talking about the field "filename"? When you insert that field somewhere, on the dialog box press the "Options..." button. Then press the tab "Field Specific Switches" to turn on the \p switch (by pressing "add to field" button) which addes the file system's path to the file name in the field. You'll have to go back...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

Debt Reduction Planner #2
I have an account for a student credit in Colombian Pesos (about 2800 colombian pesos per Dollar!!!). When I want to make a debt reduction planner for an account. Money prompt an window saying that "payments are due this month"... And prompt for an amount to be paid.... If I put an amount greater than 100, an error is displayed saying: "You must enter a value that is less than the maximum payment allocation ($100,000.00). I don't know if this error is related to an currency issue (i'm using colombian pesos, not dollars) What can I do? ...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

linking forms in 2 files
Can you link forms like you can link tables? The reason I'm asking is that I have 1 master database and 3 user databases where I have linked the tables. Each database has the same form - for inputing data. If in the future, I want to make a change to the form, I want to do it only in the master database and have the other user databases update automatically. Is this possible? In Access 2000, under tools/database utilities, there is a menu item--database splitter. There isn't a lot about this in the online help that i could find. However, it is useful with multiusers. On Thu...

Scratch area #2
Mary and posted a alternate methods of moving pages around in Pub 2000. This made me think about the scratch area and its uses. We all work a bit differently so this should be fun. What do you use the scratch area for? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote: > Mary and posted a alternate methods of moving pages around in Pub 2000. This > made me think about the scratch area and its uses. We all work a bit > differently so this should be fun. > > What do you use the scra...

File Synchronization
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization processes, when I synchronize my files, the system scans all files of both computers for any changes or new files, and if and only if there are any, it synchronizes those changes or new files. For some odd reason, I have a handful or so of ...

Is this possible ? #2
Is this possible? I want to compare a number against 3 ranges and display a comment for the range it fits into. Example. Let's say the number is 6 <4 - would display no comment between 5 and 15 - would display the comments "standard" >15 would display no comment. This is only one line of comparison. Moving down the worksheet the next example might look like this. Let's say the number is 147 <80 - would display no comment between 81 and 125 - would display no comment >125 would display the comment "below standard" I am very new at vlookup a...

Still can't open news headlines in MS Money
The links to the headline news items on the home page of MS Money 2004 Deluxe stopped working late last week and still don't work. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas? Thanks. "Chuck Leven" <CHLeven@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23okCSRr7FHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > The links to the headline news items on the home page of MS Money 2004 > Deluxe stopped working late last week and still don't work. Is anyone > else having this problem? Any ideas? Thanks. > I am having the same thing. Just started today for me. Breaking news ...

Check 2 columns of names for duplicates
I have 2 very large lists of names. I need to quickly see if any of the names that appear in one column match any of the names in the other column. (One list is existing customers, one list is leads for new business. I don't want to send existing customers an offer to do business.) Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques for working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm jimp wrote: > > I have 2 very large lists of names. I need to quickly see if any of the names that appear in one column match any of the names in the other column. (One list is existing cust...

Information Store Crash #2
The Information Store on our Exchange 2000 server crashed. The following errors were in the event log, but I cannot tell if they are a cause or a symptom of the crash. If anyone has any insight, that would be great. . . a reboot seemed to correct the issue and it has not happened again. Event Type: Error Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8217 Date: 10/5/2004 Time: 1:55:25 PM User: N/A Computer: exchg Description: The processing of the recurring appointment with the subject "Tom is gone after 2 pm (class)" in mailbox: UserA failed with error code 0x80040...