Switching to Us version of Money

Does anybody have any experience in switching from a
French version to a US version of Money.  I am concerned
about not having to re-enter historic data.
Thanks,
Ed
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Unfortunately, it is not possible to switch from one country version of
Money to that of a different country ......

"Ed" <edegalbert@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody have any experience in switching from a
> French version to a US version of Money.  I am concerned
> about not having to re-enter historic data.
> Thanks,
> Ed

It's not easy. However, you shoudl be able to export all of the data and
then reimport the data into a different version. You might have some
problems with transfers between currencies, and will lose non-register data
(such as planners) but it can be done.

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=178830

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish.

"Ed" <edegalbert@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody have any experience in switching from a
> French version to a US version of Money.  I am concerned
> about not having to re-enter historic data.
> Thanks,
> Ed

0
glyn1 (1533)

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

Money 2006 Standard
Hi all, I've been using Money 99 for several years and I'm thinking about migrate to Money 2006 Standard. However, I'm not sure if I'll be able to register stocks in my investments menu as I do with Money 99. For example, in Money 99 I can register my stocks (from the mexican market) and capture the price of sale and adquisition, and costs of comissions. Thay way I register my portafolio of stocks and investments. However I'm not sure if I'll get this functionality with Money 2006 Standard or if I'd need to buy Money Deluxe or Premium instead. Thanks for ...

Fatal Error in Money 2003 Deluxe
About a week ago I first encountered a fatal error with Money 2003 Deluxe. After loading (apparently normally), if I click on the Portfolio icon in the Toolbar I get the following error twice after which Money shuts down: Error Msg Title Bar = Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Msg = Runtime Error! D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Money\System\msmoney.exe The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Has anyone else experienced this situation? Better yet, has anyon...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Handling of US Taxes for an overseas Company
Hi, Our client based outside of the US planning to setup a new operation in the US. They are looking for a suitable single partner who can handle the following. 1. Ability to call as a web service from web based trading engine (e-commerce site) developed in house to compute the correct tax for each sales transaction. 2. Have some form of an ADD-IN to handle the Tax setup and updates to GP back end application. 3. Ability to process remittance of taxes to the appropriate jurisdiction as a 'bureau' type service. 4. The tax computation engine to be preferably Streamlined Sales Tax ...

Unable to login using passport to MS Money 2005.
I reinstalled my OS. Previously I has Money 2004. With the new OS, I installed Money 2005 and opened my existing money file. I always get login failed. If I create a new money file, my passport works. Regards, Xavier ...

Where is the "Report Manager" in the latest version of Office??
Where is the "Report Manager" in the latest version of Office?? You can download the 2002 Report Manager from the Microsoft web site: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/rptmgr.aspx Chris wrote: > Where is the "Report Manager" in the latest version of Office?? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Missing Transactions
I have had some transactions for a specific payee disappear for a series of months. I know the transactions were in the register in previous months as I have reconciled and created reports using the information. The items are autodrafts that I download directly from the bank. Transactions for this payee have disappeared for activity between March 2004 and April 2005. All other payee transactions in those months are still in my register. I am viewing all transactions for all dates and have no idea what would cause these transactions to go missing. I do not have a backup or archive ...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Mic. Money Reports
How do i customize a report to give income only. Not, income and expenses? In microsoft.public.money, Lilly wrote: >How do i customize a report to give income only. Not, >income and expenses? Customize->Categories->SeletctIncomeCategories. Go to: 1. "Find a transaction" on the left side of the window 2. Click on "Advanced search" 3. Select "Category" 4. First, click on "clear all" and then click on "select income categories" 5. Click next and select "create report" just under transactions. Good luck. >-----Orig...

download matching names in Money 2004
How does the MS Money download match items to the investments in one's account? I have two accounts at Fidelity, one a brokerage account, and the other a 401k retirement (Netbenefits). Both happen to hold some of the same mutual fund. One refers to it as "SPARTAN EXTENDED MARKET INDEX". I was able to match this to the brokerage account. But the second account refers to it as "SPTN EXTND MKT INDEX". MS Money 2004 wants to refer to this as a different security and won't let me give it the same symbol. But of course it is the same symbol with the same price his...

Get workbook version
I have a workbook that needs to be updated fequently and i need to know the version of the workbook in the code in order to copy and replace newer versions. I tought of insering a 'Version' property in the 'personalisation' panel that is in the property of the file itself. But i can't seem to be able to get the value of this property in the code. The code would be in a delphi program or in a macro in the workbook , i could use both methods. If you have any idea or research keywords that could help me plz tell me ! Hi see your reply in Excel.worksheet.functions P.S.: plea...

Reinstalling money #3
Hi, Is there any other way to reinstall money 2007 other rhen by CD? The reason why is because I bought a new pc and also i lost the cd program. the only thing I have is my old pc where the program has been installed purchased by downloading process. Please give me ideas! Thank you! See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/132.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Fernando" <Fernando@discussions.microso...

Money 2004 "forgets" where to put the decimal
I'm having trouble with my new Money 2004. I downloaded the trial version, then upgraded online. First there was a problem with the sounds not being included (by which I mean basic sounds like the start-up music or the "click" when a transaction is completed, not the audio help). Now I have a problem with it "forgetting" the settings I use on the Tools|Options menu--one specifically. When I go to Tools|Options and click the Editing tab, I can click a check box to "Automatically insert decimal point in amount field". But when I exit out of Money and come b...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

Change investment category money market to mutual fund
I mis-identified a mutual fund as a money market. How can I correct this? I tried exporting to .qif and re-importing, but it ruined my 401k contribution history. In microsoft.public.money, Jeff wrote: >I mis-identified a mutual fund as a money market. How can I correct this? The easy way is to delete the symbol for the current "mutual fund" and to rename it to Old MMF or some such. Create a new money market investment with the proper name and symbol. Do a Sell of the Old MMF shares and enter a Buy of the new. That said, there is some advantage to going back and changing the...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

Stop opening multiple versions of Excel when click on xls files
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, If I click on an xls file in Windows Explorer, it properly starts Excel and opens the file. However, if I need another file opened, and click on another xls file within Windows Explorer, instead of opening the file only, it starts up a new instance of Excel. So I can find myself with 3 or 4 (or more) instances of Excel running simultaneously. It's not a huge problem but I believe not necessary and would like to see if I can find a way of only opening the file in question once Excel is already opened, etc. Any ideas? Thanks. On Jun 28, 2:55 pm, ste...

How to revert to an earlier version of a spreadsheet
Is there a way to revert to an earlier saved version of an Excel document (other than find a backed up copy on a server)? No. In article <182501c49b34$0807a560$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Jessie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to revert to an earlier saved version of an > Excel document (other than find a backed up copy on a > server)? ...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...

Excel Version in VBA
Is there a way, using VBA, to determine the version of Excel that is running? "Jon" <jon.lark@L-3Com.com> wrote in message news:eEJXXoy1EHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way, using VBA, to determine the version of Excel that is > running? > > This is from the help file ... MsgBox "Welcome to Microsoft Excel version " & _ Application.Version & " running on " & _ Application.OperatingSystem & "!" MsgBox Application.Version Jon wrote: > > Is there a way, using VBA, to determine the versio...

Money with BillPay
I set up a BillPay account and I want to pay a PG & E bill from within Money. So at the Bills & Deposits screen, I select Make an electronic payment or transfer-> Make an electronic payment. Then I get the Online Services Manager. I click the link 'Set up online services' next to MSN Bill Pay. In the next screen, I select MSN Bill Pay from the drop down and click Next. Then it asks for the 'Direct Online Banking UserID and Password'. Are they same as the BillPay login/password? I entered the BillPay login/password, but it doesn't work. It&...

trouble synchronizing Money 2004 with MSN on the web
Everytime I try to synchronize MSN Money 2004 with MSN Money on the web, the program freezes up. I have never been able to access this function and cannot find any info on Microsoft's support sites. Any ideas? ...

transferring Addres book from old version of outlook
Nivek" wrote: > How can I transfer the previous address book in a previous version of out > look on another computer to this one which uses windows vista and outlook > 2007? > -- > Nivek -- Nivek Outlook has no address book. All Outlook data is in one file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsof...