switching to quicken

Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken.  I hate money 2005 with
a passion.  It has too many adds, does everthing wrong, rounds my stock
purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way to long to start up.  Can
anyone see anything good about money 2005?

Thanks

0
Jack4963 (284)
2/20/2005 1:41:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Jack wrote:
> Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken.  I hate money
> 2005 with a passion.  It has too many adds, does everthing wrong,
> rounds my stock purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way
> to long to start up.  Can anyone see anything good about money 2005?
>
> Thanks

    The best reason I can think of for using Money is Quicken.  Too bad
MoneyCounts was killed by Intuit.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1  It's Irish Math

What a sad commentary.

"Joseph Meehan" <sligojoe_Spamno@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The best reason I can think of for using Money is Quicken.

I just switched from quicken 03 to money 05 (was a quicken use since
93). I was tired of the upgrade offers from intuit, "here another $120
of software when you upgrade....for $59.95". What a joke, it's just
more crappy software, poorly wrote, just to get you to buy the upgrade
which really has no real changes, just a face lift, "wow". For this
first round with MS the rebates helped also in making my decision. I
haven't had any problems so far, i like it.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:00:25 -0700, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>What a sad commentary.
>
>"Joseph Meehan" <sligojoe_Spamno@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The best reason I can think of for using Money is Quicken.

0
scialabba2 (10)
2/20/2005 2:31:28 PM
I have been running Money 2005 and Quicken 2005XG side by side for a while
now.  I use them for tracking my checking account, credit card account, and
investment accounts.  Both programs are Canadian versions.  I do not use them
for budgeting, mortgages, etc.  I started with a Money file with investments
dating back to 1992.  Conversion was a major headache, partly because the
conversion utility on the Quicken site does not work with the Canadian
version of the programs.  However, I was able to transfer all my data with
the exception of security quotes (which were lost) and stock splits (which I
entered manually).

For checking account and credit card account tracking using updates from the
net, Quicken is superior because it allows me to download transactions from
within the program without going to my bank's website (TD Canada Trust).
With Money, I have to go to my bank's website and download the transaction
file.  I then open Money and import the transactions.

For my investment accounts I have to enter all my transactions manually
since none of the financial institutions that I deal with offer transaction
downloads.  I do download security prices to both programs.  I find Money
slightly more user friendly for manally entering these transactions.  I find
the investment reports in Money much superior to those in Quicken.  They are
more useful, and more flexible.  Dates and date ranges are easier to enter,
and items can be sorted simply by clicking on any column heading.  Quicken
updates security price quotes more quickly.  It also seems to get mutual fund
prices more quickly after the close of trading than Money.

So far I have to say that I prefer Money to Quicken overall, but I will
probably keep them running side by side perhaps discontinuing use of Money
for banking and Quicken for investing.  Keep in mind that I haven't been
using Quicken very long, so I may develop a better appreciation of its
features over time.

"Jack" wrote:

> Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken.  I hate money 2005 with
> a passion.  It has too many adds, does everthing wrong, rounds my stock
> purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way to long to start up.  Can
> anyone see anything good about money 2005?
>
> Thanks

0
Wally (164)
2/21/2005 10:43:04 PM
Another thing I like about Money is the investment layout for the home page
where I can display an investment summary, best and worst performers, and
investment performance in a nice, easy to read layout.  Although, I think I
preferred the more efficient use of space in the M2003 layout.

"Jack" wrote:

> Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken.  I hate money 2005 with
> a passion.  It has too many adds, does everthing wrong, rounds my stock
> purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way to long to start up.  Can
> anyone see anything good about money 2005?
>
> Thanks

0
Wally (164)

Switch question
Hi, I want to open up new message (opened from a link on the dsktop) with my email address already inserted in the from box. Any way I can do this? -- BadHead :) --- OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 (32-bit) Office Suite: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP2 MoBo: Abit AN8 Fatal1ty CPU: AMD64 3200 (Venice Core) RAM: 2048Mb 400Ghz Patriot XBLK (4X512MB) GPU: NVIDIA 6800 (Driver Version 78.01) Sound: Creative Audigy X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS do you have more than one email account? if so, rather from filling in the from field, you want the account selected. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives...

switch users for outlook
is there a way to set-up multiple users and then use switch user (like in outlook express) for outlook 2000? thanks in advance for your help Hi, Ofcourse you can do it ifyou are working in the Corporate/Workgroup Mode. Even if you are in the Internet Mail Only Mode, Goto Tools --> Options --> Mail Delivery Tab Click on the Reconfigure mail support and then select the Corporate WorkGroup. Note: You need to have the Office 2000 CD to switch the modes. Once you are in the Corporate Workgroup Mode, please do the follwoing. Goto the Control Panel and then doub...

Switch Focus within vba
Having used the FollowHyperlink method to open an html document, from within an Excel vba macro, the focus moves to Intenet Explorer. How can I return the focus from the html document to the Excel spreadsheet from within the vba macro? The code that I am using for the hyperlink is: ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="Parish Lists.htm", NewWindow:=True TIA Chris ...

Switched hard-drive in laptop, can't get archived Anything??
I bought a larger hard-drive and installed it in my laptop. I did an archive (to an external hard-drive) to save my Outlook. Now I can NOT retrieve it back. I tried the normal way to retrieve it an No go. Any thoughts??? THANKS!! An outlook Archive data file is not a backup of outlook data. What do you consider the 'normal way' of retreiving data? Is the old hard drive still installed or? "croundstream" <croundstream@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AA1C5C7-1926-4F5A-89D5-1362CC21D5A2@microsoft.com... >I bought a larger hard-driv...

is Quicken better than MS Money?
I'm just starting with Money, and I can't get it to work with My PPC. Is Quicken more reliable? Does MS read this stuff? On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:55:43 -0800, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm just starting with Money, and I can't get it to work >with My PPC. Is Quicken more reliable? Does MS read >this stuff? Personally I use Pocket Quicken on my PPC (Dell) and Quicken on the desktop. I will be forever using Money 2000 on the desktop because I use it on my HP680 and later versions of Money don't support the HPC platform anymore. -...

switching from incredimail to Outlook Express
I've been using incredimail for some time now and have set up many folders, etc. for my use. I now would like to switch back to Outlook Express, but don't know how to import all the folders into it. Can anybody help? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, and 2003. If you have questions regarding Outlook Express please post your question in one of the applicable groups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for...

Switch to Outlook but keep Yahoo address?
Hi, My wife has a laptop and uses Yahoo as her primary e-mail. Is it possible to set things up so she can keep the same Yahoo e-mail address, but switch to Outlook as the e-mail program? If so, can someone provide some specfics? Thanks, - Dan Dan, The first question would be; does yahoo allow you to set the yahoo account up as a pop3/smtp account? If this is not an option for you then yahoo is unable to be configured in outlook. If youcould configure it Outlook express then you will be able to put into Outlook with no issue. If you have any further questions just ask! Cheers &q...

Switching tabs
I have my preferences set to bring me to the "Customer Service" tab on the bottom of the screen. If I click on the sales tab, I can't get back into the customer service tab. No error comes up, and I can still work in the sales tab. On the bottom left corner, I have a yellow exclamation point. If I double click on it I get: Line 69 Char 4 Error: Permission denied Code 0 Also, and this may or may not be related, when I try to import contacts, I get an active x error. I have already applied Microsoft CRM v1.2 Update: 840934. My PC is XP Pro SP2 This sounds like ...

converting quicken 04 to money 03
Hi, I just got money o3 with my new laptop..i currently have quicken 2004 and wanted to give money a try. The problem is that Money says that the conversion wizard will not support my 2004 quicken. Anyone now how to get around this? any help would be greatly appreciated. Wait until M05 (which, based on history) will be the first Money version to support Q04 conversion) or use account-by-account QIF export from Q04 and import to M03. "Jenni" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1844a01c41b1a$02f496e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I just got money ...

How to switch to edit the cell
Dear all, I am browsing one excel file with the up and down arrow, and when I want to edit the cell content, I need to use the mouse to click the content,then I can edit it. Is there any short-cut key to switch from browsing to edit, that means I do not need to click on the cell to edit it, I can press SOME key so I can edit the content from browsing (using up and down arrow). Thanks Hi F2 HTH. Best wishes Harald "hon123456" <peterhon321@yahoo.com.hk> skrev i melding news:34387e87.0501130216.697a276a@posting.google.com... > Dear all, > > I am bro...

Command-line switches /cleanprofile
Hi, From http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010031101033.aspx -- <<< /cleanprofile - Removes invalid profile keys and recreates default registry keys where applicable. >>> I am a little curious to know what does this statement mean. Assuming I have only one profile - * What would it do if I ran this switch. * Would it remove the settings of the profile? And what are the "profile keys" it is referring to? * Scenarios when I will need to use this switch ? Anyone tried using it? Thanks for your inputs !! -- Regards, Raj Raj Pillai <You...

Outlook 2003--How can I switch between unicode and non-unicode mode?
We are in the process of upgrading office 2002 to office 2003. We are running into the issue where we can't archive to .pst files created in outlook 2002. I understand the difference between the new unicode mode and non-unicode mode. I have found that an upgraded machine will run in non-unicode(older version of oultook) as long as outlook 2002 was set to sync. offline. But, if outlook 2002 was not set to sync offline, it will run in the new unicode mode once upgraded to 2003. We have several users already upgraded with several archive files already existing. It would be m...

Outlook Aborts after Switching Users
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3C3EB.A754CFB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a fresh installation of Windows XP Professional and Office XP = Standard with all the current critical updates and all the applicable = Windows XP and Office XP recommended updates installed. My system has = two users (both with administrator privileges) plus the Administrator = account. When one user (either one) runs and closes Outlook, then the other user = logs on and runs Outlook, the secon...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

Switch database
Hi, Can i switch the db from a current install of CRM 3.0 with a db from another crm 3.0 install. I tried to upgrade crm 1.2 and it crashed half way through it. I ended up with a migrated database and a crap install that didnt function. Also the 1.2 install was deleted. So i did a clean install of the 3.0 and now i want to try to attach the fully migrated db to the successful install. Please help as the customer is growing annoyed with all the set backs. thanx I would actually try to run the install and have it try to use the existing DBs. There may be something in the DB that didn'...

Recreate Exchange 2000 with Disaster Recovery Switch
How do I do that? Please be explicit. I'm very new to the admin of Exchange. I've only done two "vanilla" installs. TIA, seems after reading for a while I would use a cmd box to go to the dir on the CD and issue "setup /disasterrecovery". If that is correct, am I to assume that this will "re-use" my existing data? By that I mean I plan to issue this statement on a machine where Exchange is hosed but the data store seems to be in tact. "bestbapu" wrote: > How do I do that? > > Please be explicit. I'm very new to the admin...

Switching Outlook from One PC to New PC (Please Help)
I have specifically bought an external burner and burned my .PST file from my old laptop to a CD. However, I get errors when I tried to IMPORT to my new PC from the CD. ERRORS RECEIVED: "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" "File Access denied. You don't have the permission required to access D:\Outlook Backup.pst" Does any helpful soul out there (or Microsoft employee) have any suggestions. I'm baffled why it won't import. Thanks. Remember Charma! ...

Outlook Express
I had to revert back to using Outlook Express 6 since my Outlook 2000 seem to have an issue on my Windows XP Home edition computer. I can switch identities once, but when I try to go back, the program appears to close, and I can't bring it back up by clicking on the icon, until I logoff, and log back on. Is this a bug, or can this be fixed? Rod Known Issue: You can install the Cumulative update that fixes the issue or instead of going to file-switch identity choose Exit and Log Off Identity and then reopen Outlook Express and choose the other identity. This in NOT the Outlook Expre...

Switching between sheets in same window...
Is there a simple keyboard command to switche between sheets in the same workbook without opening new windows for them? What I am looking for is something similar to the Alt+Tab command that can be used to switch between windows easily. Thanks! Yes, you use CTRL+PGUP and CTRL+PGDN to go in different directions through the sheets. Andrea Jones http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk http://www.stratatraining.co.uk http://www.allaboutclait.com "Kojones" wrote: > Is there a simple keyboard command to switche between sheets in the same > workbook without opening new windows for ...

Switching 5.5 service account
Our one Exchange 5.5 SP4 box is using the domain admin account as its service account. I created a new user account and gave it domain admin rights and then pointed the six Exchange services to that new account and password and rebooted. When the box came back up, only the MS Directory Service was running. The others wouldn't start. I then switched back to the admin account, rebooted and all was well??? What am I forgetting here? Thanks, Mark Read this: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/support/changing.mspx -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.s...

Quicken Premier 2004 Conversion to Money
I just downloaded the trial version of Money. I wanted to do a comparison of Money vs Quicken. The conversion program does not properly convert the file; i.e. all of my check account transactions show a date of 1/1/90 and the amounts are zero. Everything else is blank. Is there a corrected conversion program out there? Jerry Ask again when M05 has been released and BEFORE upgrading to Q05. "jerry419" <jerry419@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:228101c389ac$6a225140$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I just downloaded the trial version of Money. I wanted > to do a comp...

Quicken vs. MS Money vs. GnuCash
*Without* (I sincerely hope) igniting a flame war, can anyone tell me why they switched from one to the other, and is GnuCash ready for prime time? I know that it all depends upon what you want to use the software for. So here are my first pass requirements: Basic transaction accounting Download (synchronize account) activity with my bank without fee (possible?) Manage my portfolios (not required) Bill pay is not necessary---I do that in other ways. Thanks! -- Onedoctortoanother:"Ifthisismyrectalthermometer,wherethehell'smypen???"...

Downloading if institution provides only Quicken support?
I have an account at an institution that only provides support for Quicken. They do not provide QIF file downloads or ActiveStatements (i.e. the download needs to be set up from withing Quicken). Is there any way to get the statements into Money (other than downloading the PDF files they provide as "electronic statements" and typing in the data)? Thanks Colin ...

Switching between profiles
Is there a way to switch between Outlook profiles without having to close Outlook and restart? I'm Running Outlook 2003 and Vista Home Premium (64 bit). Thanks, Ryan no "RyanW" <kyusstool@comcast.net> wrote in message news:DE5B7C33-5FD0-414A-A2D2-BAC4C2502346@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to switch between Outlook profiles without having to close > Outlook and restart? I'm Running Outlook 2003 and Vista Home Premium (64 > bit). > > Thanks, > Ryan you can do it using fast user switching but it's not necessarily faster than closi...

receive outlook email problem after switch to comcast business internet
I was just switched over to business comcast and have had residential comcast for 3 years. I lost the ability to receive emails using outlook (outgoing still works) after the switch. I get the error 0x800ccc90. What has to be changed in my settings to allow me to receive email using outlook? chris Post this over to the public.outlook.general newsgroup . This newsgroup is for Windows Mail. Make sure you that you include your Outlook version and the COMPLETE error message as per verbatim -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email...