switching to quicken

Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken.  I hate money 2005 with
a passion.  It has too many adds, does everthing wrong, rounds my stock
purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way to long to start up.  Can
anyone see anything good about money 2005?

Thanks

0
Jack4963 (285)
2/20/2005 1:41:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Jack wrote:
> Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken.  I hate money
> 2005 with a passion.  It has too many adds, does everthing wrong,
> rounds my stock purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way
> to long to start up.  Can anyone see anything good about money 2005?
>
> Thanks

    The best reason I can think of for using Money is Quicken.  Too bad
MoneyCounts was killed by Intuit.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1  It's Irish Math

What a sad commentary.

"Joseph Meehan" <sligojoe_Spamno@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The best reason I can think of for using Money is Quicken.

I just switched from quicken 03 to money 05 (was a quicken use since
93). I was tired of the upgrade offers from intuit, "here another $120
of software when you upgrade....for $59.95". What a joke, it's just
more crappy software, poorly wrote, just to get you to buy the upgrade
which really has no real changes, just a face lift, "wow". For this
first round with MS the rebates helped also in making my decision. I
haven't had any problems so far, i like it.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:00:25 -0700, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>What a sad commentary.
>
>"Joseph Meehan" <sligojoe_Spamno@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The best reason I can think of for using Money is Quicken.

0
scialabba2 (10)
2/20/2005 2:31:28 PM
I have been running Money 2005 and Quicken 2005XG side by side for a while
now.  I use them for tracking my checking account, credit card account, and
investment accounts.  Both programs are Canadian versions.  I do not use them
for budgeting, mortgages, etc.  I started with a Money file with investments
dating back to 1992.  Conversion was a major headache, partly because the
conversion utility on the Quicken site does not work with the Canadian
version of the programs.  However, I was able to transfer all my data with
the exception of security quotes (which were lost) and stock splits (which I
entered manually).

For checking account and credit card account tracking using updates from the
net, Quicken is superior because it allows me to download transactions from
within the program without going to my bank's website (TD Canada Trust).
With Money, I have to go to my bank's website and download the transaction
file.  I then open Money and import the transactions.

For my investment accounts I have to enter all my transactions manually
since none of the financial institutions that I deal with offer transaction
downloads.  I do download security prices to both programs.  I find Money
slightly more user friendly for manally entering these transactions.  I find
the investment reports in Money much superior to those in Quicken.  They are
more useful, and more flexible.  Dates and date ranges are easier to enter,
and items can be sorted simply by clicking on any column heading.  Quicken
updates security price quotes more quickly.  It also seems to get mutual fund
prices more quickly after the close of trading than Money.

So far I have to say that I prefer Money to Quicken overall, but I will
probably keep them running side by side perhaps discontinuing use of Money
for banking and Quicken for investing.  Keep in mind that I haven't been
using Quicken very long, so I may develop a better appreciation of its
features over time.

"Jack" wrote:

> Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken.  I hate money 2005 with
> a passion.  It has too many adds, does everthing wrong, rounds my stock
> purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way to long to start up.  Can
> anyone see anything good about money 2005?
>
> Thanks

0
Wally (164)
2/21/2005 10:43:04 PM
Another thing I like about Money is the investment layout for the home page
where I can display an investment summary, best and worst performers, and
investment performance in a nice, easy to read layout.  Although, I think I
preferred the more efficient use of space in the M2003 layout.

"Jack" wrote:

> Can anyone give me a reason not to switch to quicken.  I hate money 2005 with
> a passion.  It has too many adds, does everthing wrong, rounds my stock
> purchases so the amounts don't add up and takes way to long to start up.  Can
> anyone see anything good about money 2005?
>
> Thanks

0
Wally (164)

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

VAT when converting from Quicken
Still evaluating Money 2004 Trial Version and, having liked what I saw when I converted my personal Quicken XG file to Money, I have now converted my small business Quicken file and have a problem with VAT. I've been through my accounts and enabled them for VAT. [Easy - just a few minutes] I've been through my categories and added the VAT percentage. [Fairly easy - under half-an-hour] However, the only way I've discovered of adding VAT to existing transactions is to amend each individual transaction (open Transaction, change Category drop-down box from Split/Multiple Categorie...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...

User Switch
XP, Home Edition ,SP3 Hello! Somehow thru my own judgment error I have managed to become a Computer Administrator..Prior to today I would go directly to the desktop and begin using my PC..Now I find myself having to allow the computer to load my personal settings..I would like to go back to the default(?) I had but I have scoured the options to go back and I don't know how..I am anxious to go back to what I had..I have never shared my computer so I guess I am ignorant about switching users...Thanks so Much...Nick Run System Restore to a time before the problem began. ...

HELP. 2 Emails in 03' and need to switch them.... want new email M
Help! I have just added second email acct to 2003 + want new acct to appear so its connected to contacts,calendar,outbox... I'm unsure of how to explain it.... but I'll try. Note: I have already made this email account my default account. Currently, my view looks like this in "all mail folders" view under Mail in navigation pane: +Personal Folders Deleted items Drafts +Inbox ****(This is the inital email, and under OUTLOOK TODAY, THIS email account comes under inbox (seen under "messages" in Outlook Today.)**** Junk Email ...

Problems switching to new hardware
after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it as a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the OS on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site from our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS ma...

Connecting Switches
Hi, I know this isn't strictly a SBS question but I'm hoping someone can answer me a simple (I hope) question. My SBS network has outgrown it's current office and we need to get a couple of PC's, telephones and a printer put in another office about 40 meters away. To get a bit of breathing space I want 10 data points in this new office (we will only need 5). My local voice / data installers are wanting to run 10 cat5e cables to this new office so will require around 500 meters of cabling and "x" amount of time for wages. I have a Dell PowerConnec...

how could i capture the event when my computer switch display device?
laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone know ? "thinktwice" <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ea3d8cfa-2c80-445f-899e-630ec0bd9239@a8g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing > Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn > for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone > ...

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

Newsonly switch
I see that Windows Live Mail has a newsonly switch, and I have used it to start WLM from DOS. I tried to add the switch to the right-clicked, "properties" target field, but was unable to do so. Is there any way to add the newsonly switch to the field(s) in the properties box? Or maybe elsewhere? Please help, and thank you in advance! Sincerely, Paine Ellsworth painius@aol.com "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Paine Ellsworth" <painius@aol.com> wrote in message news:emif1u0m...

QUICKEN TRANSFER PROBLEMS
Please Help: I am trying to get my Quicken data transfered to Money. I have had it with Quicken. Problem is that my home loan doesn't transfer properly. The ending balances match, but the loan ending date is off. I think this is because the mortgage company changed 3 times. It lists the number of remaining payments as 281 when it is 262. I cannot seem to make the proper adjustments. Also, NONE of my Quicken reports transfered over to Money. Any ideas on that ? Please Reply. Thanks Re. "loan end date"--try editing the series of loan payments. Money calculates the number ...

switching mailbox to a different user.
is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user? I need to create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and somehow attach it to the new user I am creating. On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:14:04 -0800, "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user? I need to >create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and >somehow attach it to the new user I am creating. Yes. Make sure you have Deleted Mailbox Retention enabled on the store for more than...

I switched on the R1C1 reference style but I can't switch it off a
I got a message its header is "name conflict" That means you had a name that looked like a cell address. If I'm in R1C1 reference style, I can name a range: B3 But if I want to switch back to A1 Reference style, then my name "B3" will confuse excel. It has to have you change this to something that isn't an address. So if you want to change to A1 Reference style, you're gonna have to choose a new name--something like: _B3 would work. gello wrote: > > I got a message its header is "name conflict" -- Dave Peterson ...

converting switch to lookup tbl?
I've had this lingering question for a while and am now finally trying to address it. We know switch statements' sizes are limited. I have this switch statement below, and I need to add more but am bumping up against the size limitation: SELECT Switch( [TCODE]="4030","Purchase - abcd" , [TCODE]="3021","Dividend - abcd", [TCODE]="8081","FIFO Sale - Subtract CDSC", [TCODE]="7011" And IsNull([TBL1.SACCTNUM])<>True,"Not purchase", [TCODE]="7011" And IsNull([TBL1.SACCTNUM])=True,"Purchas...

Quicken Newsgroups
Are there Quicken Newsgroups available for Outlook users? ...

switching users
(Running XP Pro sp3 on Gateway Laptop, 64bit AMD processor, 32 bit windows.) Having trouble switching user accounts (logging off goes somewhat smoother but has intermittent problems. So I go into User Accounts->Change the way users Log on or off and I check the Allow fast switching and also check Use Welcome screen, since they are not checked. However I then get a msg that says Automation Server Can't Create and the previous checks do not hold. Obviously I must not have something loaded ? Appreciate any help. "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message news:O...

Switching words within cells
Is it possible to switch the word order within a cell. For example, if I have Alexander Todd in cell A1, can I change it to Todd Alexander? Thanks for the help! hi =SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1)),"/"," & ") Switch the cell address to your cell address >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to switch the word order within a cell. For example, if I >have Alexander Todd in cell A1, can I change it to Todd Alexander? Thanks >for the help! >. > ...

Can't Convert Quicken 2001 Deluxe Data to MS Money 2004
First I tried to convert the Quicken Data using the MS Money 2003 OEM Version that came with the new computer I bought last week. Then I purchased MS Money 2004 Standard Edition and still couldn't convert my Quicken data. On the box, Microsoft says they offer a 30 day money back guarantee with no details about how to get your money back. Does anyone know how I can get my money back? Regards, John E. Golden ...

Money vs Quicken comparison anyone? Especially interested in online bill payment
Is there someone here who can compare Money to Quicken? The trade rags I've read seem to indicate Money is as good as or better than Quicken. Can anyone comment on that? I've been using Quicken since 1990 and seen Intuit go from a first class great company with a fantastic product in Quicken to a company that seems to've past its peak and gotten out of touch. While MS is certainly not immune to mediocracy and bureaucracy itself, my experience with Quicken Deluxe 2008 (after 18 years as a very happy Quicken user) has given me a fresh incentive to take a serious look at ...

How do I switch pages around in a document?
I have a 4 page document in Word and need to switch pages 3 & 4 around. Is there a way without having to insert a blank page and cut and paste? Thank you! You probably do not need to insert the blank page. Just select all of the text on Page 3, then use Ctrl+X to cut it from the document, then use Ctrl+End to move to the end of the document and then use Ctrl+V to paste the text from Page 3 back into the document. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, o...