Switching from PC to IMac- NeedWin XP and VMs explanation 4 MS Mon

Hi There,
I have been using a PC forever and just was given a fancy new IMAC for my
bday. I really want to keep using Microsoft Money, but understand that there
is no Mac version. I was prepared to switch to Quicken for Mac but the past
posts suggest it is a crummy program. I saw some posts recommending getting
"Fusion" or "Parrallel" for Win XP and VM?! This is all latin to me. Can
someone please explain what all this is and how it works?
Thanks so much!
Jess :)
0
Ruskview (1)
2/4/2008 5:08:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Fusion is a software program by company called VMware that allows you to run
both Windows and the Mac operating system on the same Mac computer.  However,
it seems to cost about $60-$70 (there may be a $20 rebate) and requires that
you buy a retail version of Windows (not an upgrade), so it is not
inexpensive to go this route to take.
"Ruskview" wrote:

> Hi There,
> I have been using a PC forever and just was given a fancy new IMAC for my
> bday. I really want to keep using Microsoft Money, but understand that there
> is no Mac version. I was prepared to switch to Quicken for Mac but the past
> posts suggest it is a crummy program. I saw some posts recommending getting
> "Fusion" or "Parrallel" for Win XP and VM?! This is all latin to me. Can
> someone please explain what all this is and how it works?
> Thanks so much!
> Jess :)
0
Wally (164)

Hyperlinks not working in XP/IE for OUTLOOK
When I click on a hyperlink in a HTML format email it does not open IE and take me to the link. are you using a pop up stopper program? disable it. "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08cf01c3d597$9fee2bf0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on a hyperlink in a HTML format email it > does > not open IE and take me to the link. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on a hyperlink in a HTML format email it >does >not open IE and take me to the link. >. >Hold down the shift key and click the hyperlink , then ...

Windows XP blue screen
I have a Dell laptop latitude and have the blue screen of death as I have found on the web it is called. I can't seem to find the error by searching on the web that I have on my computer. I have the following error: STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc00000005, 0x805d2018, 0xf9e513e4, 0xf9e510e0) I read where a lot of the errors say something after but mine does not. Thanks to any help in advance!! -- wevie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wevie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159022.htm View this thread: http://forum...

Installing ES 2003 behind XP Professional
Configuration - very small network for test purpose - only 3 PC. Gateway to Internet - Windows XP Professional, two NIC, one public 2xx.xxx.xxx, other private 192.168.xxx.xxx. Public NIC is shared, real domain name is assigned. Microsoft XP firewall is enabled. Apache Server is running. Named Gateway. Exchange Server Box - All in one - PDC, GC, DNS, and Exchange Server. Private NIC assigned a92.168.xxx.005. Exchange Server is visible from Windows XP Professional Gateway. What I should to do, how to configure ES, DNS, to allow Server to send and receive e-mails from/to public (Internet) ...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

4.5.3 Error: too many recipients

Brother MFC 8420 compatibility with Windows XP
I have a Brother MFC 8420 which serves as my printer. I am running Windows XP 2002 Home Edition and whenever i try to turn my computer off, it gets as far as "Windows is shutting Down" and stops. It does not shut down unless I have turned my MFC off before starting the shut down. any one have any ideas? Thanks. That is the wrong kind of MFC. This MFC group is for programming using Microsoft Foundation Classes. Try here: http://www.brother.com/library/websites/www.com/top_new/support/index.htm AliR. "Sam Goodbaum" <SamGoodbaum@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Tekst usynlig ved skrivning af ny mail
Når jeg danner en ny mail og skriver teksten kan teksten ikke ses. Skriftfarven er Hvid. Hvorledes ændres skriftfarven for Outlook generelt? -- Best Regards Georg ...

OLE Notes #4
Windows Server 2000 SP4 MS SQL Server 2000 SP4 MS Dynamics 9.0 SP3 When a note is entered on a vendor card (Cards, Purchasing, Vendor, Note icon) a dialog box titled OLE Pathname appears. The purpose is a shared notes location. If the user clicks ok or cancel without entering a path, where is the note stored? I have two vendors that have the exact same note, entered at the exact same time, by the same user. In theory this should not be possible. The OLE path is not specified in the dex.ini file. -- Thanks Titan Did you not find the note in SY03900 table on the company? The vendor c...

Reporting Service for Ms.CRM
Yesterday I download Report Pack for Microsoft CRM (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=619eef04-ddda-4811 -a8e9-a7147a446624&displaylang=en). In this program, we should have sample of reports that use reporting service for MsCRM. I already install all pre-requirements, but when I install this program, I got error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Anybody have experience with this?. Regards, Frans Hi Frans Myself and others are seeing this error also, no answers yet! Dan "Frans" wrote: > Yesterday I download Report ...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

transfer of data from Excel to MS Word
I am attempting to print mailing labels in MSWord.The database I have in Excel only transmits the first page even though all data is shown when I brouse selected file. What am I doing wrong? This may be an over simplification but, COPY|PASTE always works for me... HTH doco "amateur" <amateur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76CBFF04-2030-493C-B761-BD811A99444E@microsoft.com... >I am attempting to print mailing labels in MSWord.The database I have in > Excel only transmits the first page even though all data is shown when I > brouse selected fil...

Outlook XP. Add signature at the end of the reply
Hi, I would like to set up Outlook XP to add my signature automatically at the end of the body of the message I am replying to. Is there a way to do this? As well as this, it would be nice to have the cursor placed between the body of the mail I am responding to and the signature.... thanks for you help. gaizka Set up: Win XP SP1 + Office XP SP3 (English) both with the latest updates (I hope...) What do you mean exactly? You want to add your signature below the original post? This is not possible as Outlook replys above the original message. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of...

MS Word 2003 Macro, Styles
I am relatively new to Word macros. I have created a macro that finds a characters, selects severl characters, then changes the style of the selection. I loop through this routine until "Find.Found = False" When I run the macro it will only change every other selection. If I step through the macro it will change every selection. I am sure that this is an MS bug, but maybe there is a work around. If I put a break at line 15, then it doesn't skip every other selection. If I put a break at line 16, then it does. The selection is executed, but the style doesn'...

Col. not printing in Windows XP
I have a worksheet with 2 columns. 1st column prints, 2nd column doesn't when printing or previewing from a Windows XP computer. When print from a Windows ME it works fine. I have set the print area for both columns and have the Print Gridlines box checked. ...

Does MS have any plans to provide built in Telephony Integration in MS CRM?
I've been working with Salesforce.com as well as MS CRM and currently Salesforce blows doors off MS CRM with regard to telephony integration. I do work for a phone company and integrating our TAPI based phone switch with Salesforce was a joy and resulted in a really high quality, rich interface. I'm just finishing up building a functionally similar integration for MS CRM and, while it is going to be a great product, the lack of any built in telephony integration support in CRM means it has to be bolted on and simply doesn't integrate as well. So, is anyone aware of plans b...

Internet sharing XP
I have an XP machine with a PCI wireless card hooked to wifi internet. I have another XP machine with no wireless and no internet I would like to use machines 1 internet to do live updates on machine 2 what i would like to do is use Ethernet between the machines to do this. How do i set up both XP machines to do this? can i do a direct connect with a crossover cable, or do i need to use a router? bob In news:uk%23kOZG8KHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, bob urz <sound@inetnebr.com> typed: > I have an XP machine with a PCI wireless card hooked to > wifi internet. I have ...

Windows XP+Adminpak f�r 2003+Exchange2000?
Hi! :-) I just installed Windows XP. I installed the adminpak for Windows 2003 and then tried to install the Exchange 2000 management tools from the cd. It told me I need to install adminpak for 2000... So my question is: Can I install this in any other way or can I install the management tools for exch 2003 and use these with our exch 2000 installation without doing any damage? Thanks a million! :-) /Sofia Hi! :-) I just installed Windows XP. I installed the adminpak for Windows 2003 and then tried to install the Exchange 2000 management tools from the cd. It told me I need to instal...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Find & Replace in XP
XP now has the ability to do a find & replace based on formatting, but i ran across an issue. If I type the word accountant in cell A1 and "accountants are fun" in cell A2, do a find and replace for the word accountant that will bold it. In cell a2 it will bold the entire cell instead of just the word accountant, is there a way around this if you just want the text and not the entire cell formatted? Thanks Here is PART of what I just recorded. You can adapt to your needs. With ActiveCell.Characters(start:=1, Length:=2).Font ' .Name = "Arial" .F...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

find and replace #4
I have telephone numbers in this format 1234567899 and want to replace them in this format 123-456-7899. Is there any way to do that? Stephanie, I'm not sure that find replace is necessary, format the cells as custom and type in 000-000-0000 If that doesn't work for you, =LEFT(A1,3) & "-" & MID(A1,4,3) & "-" & RIGHT(A1,4) in an adjacent column and copy down Dan E "Stephanie" <sshapiro@vintnersselections.com> wrote in message news:073001c35c52$fb781350$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have telephone numbers in this format 1234567899 ...

Excel 2008 cannot open xlsx and xlsb files created by Excel 2007 for PC
Just today (17 January 2008), I installed Office 2008 on my Mac and discovered a major incompatibility: Excel files, moderate in size or larger (e.g., 2 Mb) created in Excel 2007 for PC and saved in xlsx and xlsb formats cannot be opened by Excel 2008 for Mac. <br><br>I just spent an hour on the phone with technical support at Microsoft. While talking to the support person there, I sent to him three such files, and he and his collegues were unable to open any of them in Excel 2008. <br><br>If you try to open such a file in Excel 2008, the latter seems to "hang&qu...

MS Security Baseline Analyzer says Exchange not installed
When I run msba 1.1.1 it doesn't even think that Exchange is installed! We're running Exchange 2003 on Win Server 2003. Any idea why it doesn't check it? It finds all of the shares Exchange creates. ...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...