Sub-category line charts

I right click on a payee that I've paid each month for the past year.
I pick the Go to Sub-Category item.

I gives me a chart for all the payments I've made.  But the line graph
only shows the last 6 months.

How do I change the line graph to show the entire year.

TIA

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent
12/24/2003 4:15:57 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

The line graph on a category or subcategory will only show 6 months. You'll
need to have a custom report to do it for longer

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish.

<Trent�> wrote in message news:9pejuvoep1tnd8k0vil6ajo5fem4dif4qq@4ax.com...
>I right click on a payee that I've paid each month for the past year.
> I pick the Go to Sub-Category item.
>
> I gives me a chart for all the payments I've made.  But the line graph
> only shows the last 6 months.
>
> How do I change the line graph to show the entire year.
>
> TIA
>

> Have a nice week...
>
> Trent
>
> Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity!

0
glyn1 (1533)
12/24/2003 4:44:28 PM
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:44:28 -0000, "Glyn Simpson, MVP"
<glyn@serf.org> wrote:

>The line graph on a category or subcategory will only show 6 months. You'll
>need to have a custom report to do it for longer

The more I use this program, the more I'm startin' to see how stupid
it is.

1.  No option to set the default to 'yesterday'.  How many people have
gone Christmas shopping...come home late at the end of a long
day...and then enter their transactions into their computer?  10 years
ago...on a simple DOS checkbook program...the feature to set
'yesterday' as a default option was available.

2.  Line graphs that only show the first half of the year...or the
last.  How stupid!  Really comes in handy in July...or in helping to
set up a revised 2nd-year budget.

3.  A cash flow chart that doesn't give the option of 'current date to
end of (fiscal or calendar) year!  But it DOES give an option of 'year
to date'.  Again...how stupid!  Why would someone want to see a
BACKWARD cash flow?  lol

I think MSFT better quit recruiting those grade school guys...and try
to get someone who graduated in the particular field they're workin'
in.

Does anybody know if Qucken...or some other program...has any of the
above features?

One more rant...

Money and Outlook should be combined.  And one of them...or
both...should have the ability to dial an address book number.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent
12/25/2003 12:19:03 AM
Perhaps not many. In many years of following this newsgroup, yours is the
first complaint/request that I can recall on this one.

<Trent�> wrote in message news:iaakuv4rulvchbqfse6c8j2qvcn9530bsv@4ax.com...
> 1.  No option to set the default to 'yesterday'.  How many people have
> gone Christmas shopping...come home late at the end of a long
> day...and then enter their transactions into their computer?  10 years
> ago...on a simple DOS checkbook program...the feature to set
> 'yesterday' as a default option was available.

If you want a revised 2nd half of the year budget, using a custom report is
likely to be more useful as you can have more than one category in it,
rather than just showing one category with six months.

Make sure you submit your requests to the Money team. They won't do anything
without users giving feedback via requests,. or else go and check out
Quicken

I can dial a number directly from outlook - I just click on the autodialer
option on the toolbar when viewing a contact.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish.

<Trent�> wrote in message news:iaakuv4rulvchbqfse6c8j2qvcn9530bsv@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:44:28 -0000, "Glyn Simpson, MVP"
> <glyn@serf.org> wrote:
>
>>The line graph on a category or subcategory will only show 6 months.
>>You'll
>>need to have a custom report to do it for longer
>
> The more I use this program, the more I'm startin' to see how stupid
> it is.
>
> 1.  No option to set the default to 'yesterday'.  How many people have
> gone Christmas shopping...come home late at the end of a long
> day...and then enter their transactions into their computer?  10 years
> ago...on a simple DOS checkbook program...the feature to set
> 'yesterday' as a default option was available.
>
> 2.  Line graphs that only show the first half of the year...or the
> last.  How stupid!  Really comes in handy in July...or in helping to
> set up a revised 2nd-year budget.
>
> 3.  A cash flow chart that doesn't give the option of 'current date to
> end of (fiscal or calendar) year!  But it DOES give an option of 'year
> to date'.  Again...how stupid!  Why would someone want to see a
> BACKWARD cash flow?  lol
>
> I think MSFT better quit recruiting those grade school guys...and try
> to get someone who graduated in the particular field they're workin'
> in.
>
> Does anybody know if Qucken...or some other program...has any of the
> above features?
>
> One more rant...
>
> Money and Outlook should be combined.  And one of them...or
> both...should have the ability to dial an address book number.
>

> Have a nice week...
>
> Trent
>
> Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity!

0
glyn1 (1533)
12/25/2003 5:16:13 PM
On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 17:16:13 -0000, "Glyn Simpson, MVP"
<glyn@serf.org> wrote:

>If you want a revised 2nd half of the year budget, using a custom report is
>likely to be more useful as you can have more than one category in it,
>rather than just showing one category with six months.
>
>Make sure you submit your requests to the Money team. They won't do anything
>without users giving feedback via requests,. or else go and check out
>Quicken
>
>I can dial a number directly from outlook - I just click on the autodialer
>option on the toolbar when viewing a contact.

Here's what I'd like to do, Glyn...if it can be done...

I'd like to create a create a line graph for the monthly totals of
Gas, subcategory of Household.  Any idea how to do this?

I also just found out that you can only see the line graph for the
half of the year that is the default date on your computer.  For
instance, I can't get a line graph for Jan. thru June...unless I
change the date on my computer...which I haven't tried.

As far as submitting requests...

I think the developers for Money should have lunch with the developers
of Excel!  lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent
12/26/2003 1:13:44 AM
To create the chart you want, you should customise a copy of the monthly
income and expenses chart, to include the date range you would like and the
subcategory you want.

I think a lot of the developers should sit down together sometimes, but
they're developers and not users ( who should have a better idea what they
want, rather than us letting developers develop what they think we need :-))

Hope the above graph is what you're after

Glyn

--

<Trent�> wrote in message news:1e2nuvoavoq4tre8fsqappukialde7qrs9@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 17:16:13 -0000, "Glyn Simpson, MVP"
> <glyn@serf.org> wrote:
>
>>If you want a revised 2nd half of the year budget, using a custom report
>>is
>>likely to be more useful as you can have more than one category in it,
>>rather than just showing one category with six months.
>>
>>Make sure you submit your requests to the Money team. They won't do
>>anything
>>without users giving feedback via requests,. or else go and check out
>>Quicken
>>
>>I can dial a number directly from outlook - I just click on the autodialer
>>option on the toolbar when viewing a contact.
>
> Here's what I'd like to do, Glyn...if it can be done...
>
> I'd like to create a create a line graph for the monthly totals of
> Gas, subcategory of Household.  Any idea how to do this?
>
> I also just found out that you can only see the line graph for the
> half of the year that is the default date on your computer.  For
> instance, I can't get a line graph for Jan. thru June...unless I
> change the date on my computer...which I haven't tried.
>
> As far as submitting requests...
>
> I think the developers for Money should have lunch with the developers
> of Excel!  lol
>

> Have a nice week...
>
> Trent
>
> Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity!

0
glyn1 (1533)

Duplicating MainForm, SubForm and Sub-SubForm
Hello Everyone, I have an Order Entry Form composed of a MainForm, a SubForm and 2 Sub- Subforms. The SubForm is a continuous form. The two Sub-SubForms are children of a SubForm via a foreign key (which is the Primary Key of a SubForm). There are some instances when customers revised their order by changing just the amount of orders or by just removing one item and the rest are the same. To do this, I would like to keep the initial order (record) and create another record by duplicating the first order then change the amount (or remove an item whatever the case maybe) on the new record. The...

Effective VBA Code for Conditional Charting
Hello there, in a line chart, I need to show 3 different markers / colors for data points depending on whether the basic data to be shown are =, > or < zero. My attempts to code this in vba works, but very slowly. I suspect there is an effective way to do this, but can't find it. Does anyboday know better ? Thank you in advance, Kind regards, H.G. Lamy Hi H, Maybe you don't need VBA code at all. Have a look at Jon Peltier's examples on conditional charts. (http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart) You should be able to modify the techn...

Apply Two Fill Colours Between Lines in a Chart
I am trying to produce a graph that tracks an actual performance against a target. When the actual performance is below the target, the area between them needs to be filled red. When the actual performance is above the target, the area between them needs to be filled green. I have followed the steps detailed in the TechTrax Article on "Apply Fill Color Between Lines in a Chart" (http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590). This produced what I required except for the correct colouring. Is this possible? Hi It should be possible you just n...

How to seperate line items in a quote....difficult...
Hi Does anyone know whether it is possible to merge a quote to Word (the ugly template...) and then somehow seperate the line items by type. Let's say my compnay sells software, hardware and training, I want to see those items grouped together by subject or unit group......this is however not possible I think.. Does anyone know how to manipulate the 'print quote for customer' process so it will allow a user to group products by type or subject and put them in the template in the correct section. Any help is more than appreciated.... Thanks! Hello, Our solution tightly integr...

Outlook 2000 Sub folder
Hi I am using outlook 2000 and I have a created a subfolder in my inbox however I am unable to view the folder My Shortcuts on the left hand side of the screen where all my other sub folders are located. In the navigation bar at the top of my pane there is an icon called "move to Folder" and the folder is located here. I am unable to find the location of the folder therefore unable to open the folder or move it to "My shortcuts" I am in need of your expertise. I am ok with computers and can follow instructions so please please please help. Thanking you in ...

Query same category id
May i know how to query all the jobnumber where it is in the same category ID? Because I want to use this as my list in combo box -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200705/1 I'm not clear yet what you are trying to achieve. One interpretation of your question would be that you wish to group by category ID. Another could be that you want to find jobnumbers that fall into a (pre-selected) category ID. Have you tried creating a new query that includes your conditions (selection), then using that query as the source for ...

How to rotate a line-chart?
Is there a way to rotate the chart 90 degrees clockwise. The chart is as I want it to be only tilted. I've tried to approach the problem by changing the in-data (switching the values with the category) but that just made things worse, - because i have several functions in the same chart. -- Borgas ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Borgas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28660 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483325 What is the chart type for your chart? "Borgas...

Stock Status has repeated lines
In my detailed stock status report (not historical) I have lines that are repeated for some receipts. Although the totals are correct, the same receipt may show up 2-5 times on the report. This does not happen for every item #. I have looked in SQL to see if I see anything off... but I can't. Any ideas? Are you looking at a modified report? It sounds like there's an error in the report design. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Yes it is a modified report, I did mo...

sub-process
What is the sub-process function in the workflow? How do you set one up? Why would you use it? A sub-process is a way to call a manual rule. If you create a manual rule in workflow called Rule A, in another rule you can insert a sub-process and select the manual rule to run. This is a helpful way to create loops and if/then rules that trigger other events. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "David M" wrote: > What is the sub-process function in the workflow? > How do you set one up? > Why would you use it? > ...

Line Charts with 3 sets of data?
I have a table with 3 columns. 2 of the columns include the X and Y values for the plot (results should be one line plotted on the graph.) I want the 3rd column values to act as corresponding labels to the plots. Example: x y A 1 4 B 2 3 C 3 2 D 4 1 So (1,4) is one point, (2,4), etc. I need the (1,4) point to be labeled as A. Is it possible? Any help is appreciated!! Hi Jo - There are a couple of free add-ins that can handle labeling of data points: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com) - Jon ------- Jon Pelt...

Scatter chart
I am trying to create a scatter chart for names on a map(boats in a boat yard) I want to supply the x & y values of the boat position and have the name of the boat displayed at that point. Is it possible, because I am finding if I supply x & y values Excel seems to interpret that as 2 series of numbers Help gratefully received Thanks Phil Let's say your Boat names are in A2:A10, the X value is B2:B10 and the Y Value is C2:C10 Create a scatter chart for your X Y values as you would normally do. You'll need an addon like Rob Bovey's XYChartLabeler. It can be f...

Spending by Category Report
I am using Money 2006 and trying to get a snapshot of my spending over the last 6 months by category. I am using the standard report for this, but for some reason I can't get it to show all my tranfers on the report. I have a lot of $ transferred each month to kids 529 accounts or IRAs and I want to see what my monthly "Grand Total" is including these transfers. I can't find any way to tell money to subtract these from the total in the reports. There is a "Transfer" category on the report, but the only thing it shows is a transfer for the principle paid o...

Charting small and large percentages
I am trying to show a bar chart with a small percentage number say 4% and the remaining 96% above it using a stacked bar. Anyone have an idea how this could be done so that the 4% can be seen on the chart? Thank you in advance. You could make the axis logarithmic; but would your readers understand? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "JRForm" <JRForm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66B2DD01-65F6-419F-A362-56739158D639@microsoft.com... >I am trying to show a bar chart with a small per...

Sub, Private Sub, Public Sub
I got a different lap top and when I moved my Personal.xls from one to the other some of my macros were not on the list of macros when you go to tools>macros. Although when I look in the code they are there. I figured out that the ones that were "Private Sub" macros were no working. I also figured that when I changed them to just "Sub" they worked. I do know that if "It aint broke don't fix it, cus to try is usually to fix it till it is broke." But what is the difference between "Sub", "Private Sub", & "Public ...

(Sub)totals
Hello everybody. I have the following problem: I have an Excel file with Column B 'Quantity' and column F 'Sector'. Now i need to count all the quantities within the same sector Sorting + AutoSum isn't an option, since the file has other calculations in it as well, that also depend on a sort. There's in my Dutch version a function 'DBSUM' and a function 'TURNTABEL.FETCH' ... these are translated terms, so I don't know if they match with English versions ... but could someone please tell me how these functions work, since i can't get them right (n...

Chart creation ceiling in Excel 2002 via Chart.Add ?
I'm somewhat new to VB and Excel automation, so I am probably doing something stupid. I'm generating bar charts, saving them as GIF files. The vb macro always dies with errors after around 5500 graphs, sometimes leaving a Chart5500 worksheet open in the spreadsheet. Excel has to be restarted to re-run the macro. In the VBAProject window, under Excel Objects, the chart macro keeps incrementing Chart1 to Chart5500 as the charts are created and deleted. Memory usage does not max out during the graph creation process. The debugger stops at the Chart.Add line. This has happened on se...

Sorting rows by colors (categories)
Hi, I have rows with data in different categories, identified by three colors. (red, green and blue). How can I sort the rows by colors? Thanks, SantistaS http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "SantistaS" <santistas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eXGu%23OP3GHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... | Hi, | | | | I have rows with data in different categories, identified by three colors. | | (red, green and blue). | | | | How can I sort the rows by colors? | | | | Thanks, | | | | SantistaS | | ...

Record information is on two lines
I have an EXCEL SS with information as follows; Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2, C2 Record 2: A3, B3, C3, D3, A4, B4, C4 I would like to fix so each record is on one line: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1 etc..... Thanks for any help! Use a method such as one at the link (see "vertical to horizontal...") http://www.officearticles.com/excel/data_cleanup_tips_for_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "Dan" <tizhmslf@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1131809226.052834.325010@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... &g...

Budgeting: spending categories and irregular income
I'm an early retiree so my "income" is money from my accounts when I need it, usually lump sums I take for a few months access. do I have to budget that by taking a monthly average? On the expense side, I have too many spending catgories to make it useful. How can I re-organize categories and subcategories? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, HBFLA wrote: > >On the expense side, I have too many spending catgories to make it useful. >How can I re-organize categories and subcategories? I think I can help with that part. Banking->AccountTools->Categorie...

Creating a pareto chart
hi all, would somebody advise me how to make automatic pareto chart. thank's before Ensure that the Analysis Tool Pack add-in is enabled. Tools -> Data Analysis -> Histogram should get you where you need to be. "rahmad" wrote: > hi all, > would somebody advise me how to make > automatic pareto chart. > > thank's before > > > rahmad - The answer depends on what your data look like, and it's unlikely that there is an "automatic" method. The Analysis ToolPak has a Histogram tool with a Pareto option, but it's limi...

rules do not work when off line
Hi, I am using outlook 2003 and my computer has a VPN connection to the office and I am a user on the SBS2003 server with an exchange account alongside my POP3 accounts within Outlook. However, I am not always connected to the office (the VPN connection is only opened when it is needed). When I am not connected to Exchange I can't add rules and alerts for my incoming emails. How can I enable this option for all of my POP3 accounts that don't use Exchange? Cheers Lenny lenny <lenny1097@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote: > I am using outlook 2003 and my computer has a VPN connecti...

How do I change chart format default settings to my preference?
I am using Excel to make charts and would like the background to always be white instead of grey? The same applies in order to change the column colour defaults away from red and purple to personal choices. Hi, Have a look at Jon's article. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "colourchanger" <colourchanger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94BEEF34-C97D-409A-B243-157533CD2E6B@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel to make charts and would like the backg...

Cascade current view to sub-folders
Hi, Is there any way I can set a custom View setting to a set of folders (e.g. set a view setting for a high-level folder and then have it cascade to all sub-folders)? By a custom View I mean the way that items in a folder shoud look - i.e. font settings and the like. Cheers, Stu ...

training for Pivot Charting in Excel 2000
I am looking for information on Pivot Charting. We use Excel 2000. What actually does pivot charting entail and what would it be used for? NaHa Have a look here at the info provided by Debra Dalgleish on Pivot Charting. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Also Debra's own site on Pivot Tables has much good info. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Scroll downpage to Pivot section. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:22:02 -0700, NaNa at HCMC <NaNa at HCMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking for information on Pivot Charting. ...

Justifying 2-line category names in bar charts
When a category name wraps on to 2 lines, Excel centers the second line under the first. I'd like to figure out a way to right justify the second line. I'd also like to figure out a way to set that as a default. Hi, You do not have much control over the axis labels and their appearance. If you want full control you will need to use textboxes. This page has code to help with construction and alignment. http://www.andypope.info/vba/Axislabel_textboxes.htm Cheers Andy Camille wrote: > When a category name wraps on to 2 lines, Excel centers the second line under > the first...