stock transfer

transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund
family.
so its just like a transfer from your saving account to your checking
account within the same bank.
what is the correct way to document this transaction, just a typical sell
and credit to cash contributions and then a buy with the new fund? I only ask
because there is not "transfer shares" choice Thank You in advance
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, wildwood178 wrote:

>transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund
>family.
>so its just like a transfer from your saving account to your checking
>account within the same bank.
>what is the correct way to document this transaction, just a typical sell
>and credit to cash contributions and then a buy with the new fund? I only ask
>because there is not "transfer shares" choice Thank You in advance

Generally, Sell AAAAX for $2345.67. Buy shares of BBBBX for
$2345.67.

Now if you are doing a change from class B shares to class A shares
of the *same* fund, or if there was some kind of tax free fund
merger, use Buy and Sell. If it is a partial change from class B
shares to class A shares of the *same* fund, that is complicated.
Somebody got sold a loaded fund more than once.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
2/20/2009 3:22:20 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, wildwood178 wrote:
>
>>transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund
>>family.
>>so its just like a transfer from your saving account to your checking
>>account within the same bank.
>>what is the correct way to document this transaction, just a typical sell
>>and credit to cash contributions and then a buy with the new fund? I only ask
>>because there is not "transfer shares" choice Thank You in advance
>
>Generally, Sell AAAAX for $2345.67. Buy shares of BBBBX for
>$2345.67.

****correction*****
*Unless* you are doing a change from class B shares to class A
shares
of the *same* fund, or if there was some kind of tax free fund
merger, use Buy and Sell. If it is a partial change from class B
shares to class A shares of the *same* fund, that is complicated.
Somebody got sold a loaded fund more than once.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Updating stocks
After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stocks both still exist and Yahoo updates them instantly. What do I have to do to get 2003 to resume updating? Thanks in advance. -- SFF Which Stocks? What are the symbols you're using? Does MSN Money (http://money.msn.com) recognize them? -Mark "igorx" <igorx@cox.net> wrote in message news:Y1Btb.1320$vJ6.226@fed1read05... > After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating > 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stoc...

Stock Quotes download to Money 2004
Unable to download MSN money quotes to Money 2004 portfolio. Call runs, may or may not complete,update status changes, but stock prices don't change. Same result with 2002, two different ISP's, with Norton Internet Security Disabled or not, Firewall disabled or not. On XP-home. No synchronization Base Articles re 2004 vs MSN Money. Started 3/4 months ago with 2002, continued with 2004, gradually getting worse until now almost never updates. Call summary always says error, money could not connect to online quotes server. RE- base articles 312818, 276018 sound good but have n...

Graphing A Time Series OF Stocks
My data looks like so: Stock TradePrice TradeVolume ExecutionDateTime EFG 5.2 8 2:40:04 PM EFG 5.5 8 2:40:02 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.3 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM ABC 1.5 4 2:31:17 PM ABC 1.6 ...

Stock commission is greater than proceeds of stock sale.
I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were -$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow negative proceeds of a stock sale. How should I record this sale? In microsoft.public.money, go3049 wrote: >I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds >were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were >-$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow >negative proceeds of a stock sale. ...

Transfer Office 2007 to my new computer running Windows 7
I purchased Office 2007 Ultimate online and downloaded the program through the Digital River website to my old computer running XL Home Edition. I misplaced the product key and need help transferring the program to my new computer running Windows 7. I do not have a program disk for the Office 2007 and the download timeframe expired soon after my purchase. "jeff wilder" <jeff wilder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A843A7AF-9227-400A-9011-26001951CD68@microsoft.com... > I purchased Office 2007 Ultimate online and downloaded the program through ...

Convert a lead to an account-transfer the notes
When you convert a lead to an account….is there a way to transfer the notes? -- Thank You, Robert Harrison Portland: 503-345-9176 ext 814 Seattle: 206-686-3254 ext 814 Gateway Solutions Inc www.GSIcrm.com Certified Microsoft CRM Solution Partner Hi Rob, Try to do this with callouts at the PostCreate of an account. Read all the notes from the originated lead and create those notes on account as well. Kind regard, Stephen Maij QNH Solutions "Rob Harrison" <RobHarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04B78485-6DAC-4BD8-B87C-E16C6BBBDC98@microsoft.com....

How to record a stock award
My company started giving out stock awards instead of stock options. How should these be recorded in Money (using 2004)? I have put it in as a stock option, when they "vest" they are sold and taxes are taken out. How do you record the transaction so that the taxes are shown as withheld? Thanks. Michelle ...

Stock Market Challenge
Hi, I have been delegated the task of running a share competition at work I want to get the process fully automated. Is there a way of building a workbook that imports all the stock marke data, then have each team on a separate worksheet that is passwor protected. Each team can update their portfolio on their sheet and it will use th stock market data to adjust accordingly. I hope you get what I mean! Has anyone done this before, or know how should go about setting it up? Many thanks, Mark -- mevett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mevetts...

outlook express 6- transfering emails to new computer from old
i am trying to export my messages from my old computer (outlook express 6 on there) to my new one (same) i attempted to forward everything but that didnt work, i tried to xfer it by network and such-no work please let me know via email if you know how to do this "patrick" <liltricky00@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:06b701c3b3cc$407d7550$a401280a@phx.gbl... > i am trying to export my messages from my old computer > (outlook express 6 on there) to my new one (same) > i attempted to forward everything but that didnt work, i > tried to xfer it by network and such-...

Schedule A Recurring Transfer in the Budget Planner
I want to transfer 200 dollars a month from checking to savings to be ear marked for paying taxes. I set up my budget to show 200 dollars a month for taxes. I can set up the recurring transfer in my checking account but I can't find a way for the amount to be taken off of the budgeted amount. Is there a way to schedule a recurring transfer from one account to another in the budget planner? I am using Money 2004 Deluxe and any help would be appreciated. Your monthly transfer is just cash flow. Your $1,200 bill at the end of the year is a budgeted expense. This is the subaccounts q...

How do I get real time stock quotes to my excel worksheet?
I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. Please, advice me on how to get that service. Thanks, Walter walter wrote: > I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I > can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. > Please, advice me on how to get that service. > > Thanks, > > Walter There is a small group on Yahoo devoted to using Excel to do various stock market tricks. You can find it at: ht...

Fixed Asset Transfers?
pWe have multiple companies on GP & we use the intercompany function to handle any AP transactions that would affect any of the companies. Is there a function that easily allows a person to transfer a fixed asset between companies? There would be an exchange of cash (or intercompany receivable/payable). Seems like we go thru a lot of work to dispose on one company & set up on another company. Thanks for any information! Nope. You'll have to continue using the long method. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get y...

thick stock legal sized paper printing... How?
I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper... could anyone please advise how to do so? Do you want legal as the default? What version Publisher? 2007 is a little trickier. Are you setting up your printer to legal first and then the page setup? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Myiatrou" <Myiatrou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C30D22B5-2907-4910-AF69-74E6945E1806@microsoft.com... >I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper......

stock transfer
transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund family. so its just like a transfer from your saving account to your checking account within the same bank. what is the correct way to document this transaction, just a typical sell and credit to cash contributions and then a buy with the new fund? I only ask because there is not "transfer shares" choice Thank You in advance In microsoft.public.money, wildwood178 wrote: >transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund >family. >so its just like a transfer from your...

Online Stock Trading Guide and How the Stock Market Works #2
Here you can learn more about investing, and some specifics about trading . You'll also find a wide range of investing products and services to help you plan toward financial independence - however you define it. http://flying-rugs.com/stock-market/ ...

stock on hand by lot number
any idea how to get the stock qty on hand per lot number? Inquiry >> Inventory >> Lots Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "hlv" wrote: > any idea how to get the stock qty on hand per lot number? > > You can also run the stock status report and include lot numbers. It's a 'point in time' report so you can't run it historically, but would give you the current on hand quantity by lot number. "Brenner Klenzman" wrote: > Inquiry >> Inventory >> Lots > > Brenner > -- > www.KlenzmanConsulting.com &g...

My own stock chart with open/close same level?
I have made my own stock chart (or candle chart) with high,low,open close... When my open and close are at the same level... I just get a line for the highs and lows but no "body" to my candle... how can I get some sort of indication where the open and the close simotaneously happened? Any thoughts are appreciated Try this approach instead: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/StockChartsAndLineChartTricks.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Automatically adding stocks to Stock Alerts?
I've got Money 2004, and have several investment accounts setup. I want to add all the stocks in those accounts to stock alerts. It lets me add my "MSN Stock List" which adds the stocks that I have listed on my home page on the Money Web site. Is there any automatic way to get it to add all the stocks I have in an account in Money? Thanks, Dan ...

new computer
how do I get all my contact information and old e-mails on to my new computer? I can't figure out where to find the files. I tried exporting to a .pst file, but it won't let me import them into Outlook 2003 Do not export but just copy your pst-file to the new computer. Use File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... to conncect to it. If you use a CD-R for this copy the file back to the harddisk and remove the "" Read Only" file property before opening. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To'...

Stock Status Report and Historical Stock Status Report
Hello: I have been doing some experimentation, and I want to confirm this. If FIFO Perpetual or LIFO Perpetual is being used, the Unit Cost on the Stock Status Report equals the Current Cost as it appears in the Item Maintenance card. But, on the Historical Stock Status Report, the Unit Cost is the Current Cost from the purchased receipts layer according to the inventory valuation method. Are these two statements correct? And, if so, I am surprised that any report including the Stock Status Report reflects Current Cost exactly as it is from Item Maintenance. I have always understoo...

Stock and Stock Fund
I have both Alcoa stock and money in a 401k Alcoa Stock Fund. The Stock Fund share price is not the same as the Alcoa stock. I tried renaming one and Money 2003 renames the othe as well. Is there any way to set these up to be able to have separate share prices. I removed the ticker symbol from one and Money removes it from the other. In microsoft.public.money, C. Zuck wrote: >I have both Alcoa stock and money in a 401k Alcoa Stock >Fund. The Stock Fund share price is not the same as the >Alcoa stock. I tried renaming one and Money 2003 renames >the othe as well. Is...

Transfer Microsoft Office to a new Computer
I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer my Windows Office to my new computer or do I have to purchase new software. If you purchased your copy of Office separate from your computer, yes. If not, no. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Davie in Connecticut" <Davie in Connecticut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80686D73-AC2C-4754-A3A5-5CFC24392212@microsoft.com... >I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer m...

Stock lookup
Hi I want to do a web query, how do I get a the current price for a certain ticker symbol. Ticker symbol is in cell A1 Price should output in cell A2 The ticker symbol is updated? Any ideas THanks for your help Jeff wrote: > Hi > > I want to do a web query, > how do I get a the current price for a certain ticker symbol. > > Ticker symbol is in cell A1 > Price should output in cell A2 > > The ticker symbol is updated? > Any ideas > > THanks for your help ------------------------------- There's a group devoted to Excel issues with stock tradin...

Unable to Change Transfer to Expense
Why is Money not letting me change a transfer to an expense? I know Microsoft thinks they are protecting me--but I have an expense that I classified as an Account Receivable (I was going to file it on an expense report at work), later, I decided that I would not be able to expense it at work and now need to change that transaction from an Asset Account to Asset Account transfer to an Asset Account to Expense Account chargeoff. Why can't I do this? How do I tell money "I know what I am doing please let me do this?" So I found the answer (this is Money 2007), you turn of...

Backorder for item never stocked
Good day all, Does anyone have a suggestion on creating a backorder (or work order) for a product that has never been stocked. IE: Customer wants to buy Product XYZ but we have never had that in our inventory. What would be the best way to handle this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Steve First, use Work Orders not Back Orders. Second, create a non-inventory item (or several) to use for special orders. Something like SPECIAL or SO-DEPT where you create an item for each department. I have created a macro that does the following: Ctrl-F2 (Work Order), Shift-F9 (Detai...