Stock Split info-where is the info

I am in the wonderful process of starting my tax filing. If I have a stock
buy entry for 100 shares of XYZ company at $20, the amount is $2000.GOOD.
Now,if I record a 2-1 split, it will show 200 shares, at $10s, amount $2000.
My questions is this, #1. how can I see what the stock split info was ? It
seems there is no way to see it was a 2-1 ( this scenario is easy..but what
if the stock splits 10 times over 10 years). I want to know, because I am
getting lost over checking my 1099 against MSmoney. Any help would be good,
thanks.
0
HSNY (1)
2/27/2005 10:25:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

The only way I have found to see this is to go into Update Prices Manually
and scroll back through your price updates until you see an "s" in behind the
price. At that point you will see a "2 for 1 Stock Split" message.  I don't
know why this is not recorded in the Investment Activities.  Not that they
listen, but perhaps someone should drop a hint to MS.

"HSNY" wrote:

> I am in the wonderful process of starting my tax filing. If I have a stock
> buy entry for 100 shares of XYZ company at $20, the amount is $2000.GOOD.
> Now,if I record a 2-1 split, it will show 200 shares, at $10s, amount $2000.
> My questions is this, #1. how can I see what the stock split info was ? It
> seems there is no way to see it was a 2-1 ( this scenario is easy..but what
> if the stock splits 10 times over 10 years). I want to know, because I am
> getting lost over checking my 1099 against MSmoney. Any help would be good,
> thanks.
0
Wally (164)

Cannot Close Outlook 2007. it keeps recovering info and restarting
Hi, I installed Windows Update KB980248 and updated the Bluetooth device driver three days ago. But since then I found I could not close Outlook. Every time I clicked close on top right corner, the main window closed but the outlook icon on the tray did not go away. Instead, it gave out a dialog saying 'Outlook stopped working', and then another dialog 'Outlook is trying to recover your information', followed by a dialog 'Outlook is restarting'. Then it restarted and the full window came back. I have been using Outlook 2007 for more than 2 years and it...

Updating stocks
After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stocks both still exist and Yahoo updates them instantly. What do I have to do to get 2003 to resume updating? Thanks in advance. -- SFF Which Stocks? What are the symbols you're using? Does MSN Money (http://money.msn.com) recognize them? -Mark "igorx" <igorx@cox.net> wrote in message news:Y1Btb.1320$vJ6.226@fed1read05... > After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating > 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stoc...

Stock Quotes download to Money 2004
Unable to download MSN money quotes to Money 2004 portfolio. Call runs, may or may not complete,update status changes, but stock prices don't change. Same result with 2002, two different ISP's, with Norton Internet Security Disabled or not, Firewall disabled or not. On XP-home. No synchronization Base Articles re 2004 vs MSN Money. Started 3/4 months ago with 2002, continued with 2004, gradually getting worse until now almost never updates. Call summary always says error, money could not connect to online quotes server. RE- base articles 312818, 276018 sound good but have n...

Creating a Lead against existing info...
Guys, Is there a reasonable explanation why it's not possible to create a lead against an existing Account / Contact? It seems like a fundamental flaw to me. As I would like to be able to open an Account / Customer card and see all Leads associated to them... Thanks in advance Ben Hello Ben, Lead in a existing account/contact is usually opportunity. Shai B> Guys, B> Is there a reasonable explanation why it's not possible to create a B> lead against an existing Account / Contact? It seems like a B> fundamental flaw to me. As I would like to be able to open an B>...

How do I split a chart legend into 2 columns?
The legend in my chart has about 8 items and I cannot get them to split into two columns. The legend is subsequently very tall and has to go at the bottom of the chart as company standard so is making the chart look unprofessional. Can anybody help? Hi, The layout of items in the legend is automatically determined by the height and width of the legend box. You will need to make the legend width enough to display the legend entrys text for both columns. Move the legend over to the left and make it as wide as possible. This should then display columns, if it will fit. You can then reduc...

Graphing A Time Series OF Stocks
My data looks like so: Stock TradePrice TradeVolume ExecutionDateTime EFG 5.2 8 2:40:04 PM EFG 5.5 8 2:40:02 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.3 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM ABC 1.5 4 2:31:17 PM ABC 1.6 ...

Stock commission is greater than proceeds of stock sale.
I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were -$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow negative proceeds of a stock sale. How should I record this sale? In microsoft.public.money, go3049 wrote: >I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds >were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were >-$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow >negative proceeds of a stock sale. ...

How to record a stock award
My company started giving out stock awards instead of stock options. How should these be recorded in Money (using 2004)? I have put it in as a stock option, when they "vest" they are sold and taxes are taken out. How do you record the transaction so that the taxes are shown as withheld? Thanks. Michelle ...

Stock Market Challenge
Hi, I have been delegated the task of running a share competition at work I want to get the process fully automated. Is there a way of building a workbook that imports all the stock marke data, then have each team on a separate worksheet that is passwor protected. Each team can update their portfolio on their sheet and it will use th stock market data to adjust accordingly. I hope you get what I mean! Has anyone done this before, or know how should go about setting it up? Many thanks, Mark -- mevett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mevetts...

split data problems
I read a lot of posts on how to split data in a field. The text field I have is part numbers and descriptions of parts together. I want to seperate them to part # and Descrioption. I ran this update query Left([part_#]), " ", 0)-1). Which was successful to an extent. I changed the part number and description field to just part number field, which is what I wanted to do. I lost all the description that goes with the Part numbers. I ran a make table query to get two fields. part # and description. In the part # field are just part numbers, in the description I put in my back up ...

Need Macro- Insert rows based on dates and copy info from that row
I need a macro that will insert a number of blank rows based on the number of months between a start and end date and then copy the information in the reference row to the new blank rows. repeat for each start and end date sequence. The records are over 8,350.. so ill also need some idea how to get it to stop when it fills the worksheet so i can transfer those into another workbook Assuming start date in column A, end date in column B Public Sub ProcessData() Dim i As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim NumRows As Long With ActiveSheet LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Co...

How do I get real time stock quotes to my excel worksheet?
I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. Please, advice me on how to get that service. Thanks, Walter walter wrote: > I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I > can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. > Please, advice me on how to get that service. > > Thanks, > > Walter There is a small group on Yahoo devoted to using Excel to do various stock market tricks. You can find it at: ht...

newbie--mortgage splits insurance
Thanks for the unofficial FAQ! I couldn't find my problem, though the recent escrow difficulties are similar. Today I thought I'd properly adjusted my brand-new mortgage account, but ran into a problem. There are only three categories involved in my monthly payments: Principal & Interest, property taxes, and homeowner's insurance. These last two fall under the category of "Other Fees," if I'm not wrong. I had to manually adjust the Other Fees to make the interest rate and payment schedule jive with what my bank thinks is going on. However, once I fixed...

What field in outlook email contains the info about replying??
I would love to filter all of my inbox to just show me the messages that I have not replied to. If you notice Outlook always stores that info somewhere and it displays when I select a message that I have replied to. I want to use the custom view to filter my inbox so I only see those messages. This is not the same as Unread. I have already read them but sometimes I miss the ones that I decide I will reply to later but I can't find them. Thanks George Have you tried filtering by icon? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Al...

thick stock legal sized paper printing... How?
I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper... could anyone please advise how to do so? Do you want legal as the default? What version Publisher? 2007 is a little trickier. Are you setting up your printer to legal first and then the page setup? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Myiatrou" <Myiatrou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C30D22B5-2907-4910-AF69-74E6945E1806@microsoft.com... >I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper......

Split a Value
Hello, I was wondering if there is anyway to split a value from one cell to two cells? Currently A1 = 26.25 (integer), Is there a way to split this value to have B1 = 26, and B2 = 25? Highlight the column, then Data > TextToColumns using the decimal point (or period) as the delimiter........ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Gabe" wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering if there is anyway to split a value from one cell to two > cells? > > Currently A1 = 26.25 (integer), Is there a way to split this value to have > B1 = 26, and B2 = 25? Hi, first ...

stock transfer
transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund family. so its just like a transfer from your saving account to your checking account within the same bank. what is the correct way to document this transaction, just a typical sell and credit to cash contributions and then a buy with the new fund? I only ask because there is not "transfer shares" choice Thank You in advance In microsoft.public.money, wildwood178 wrote: >transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund >family. >so its just like a transfer from your...

Sum according to cell info
I want to sum three column of numbers according to a category number that lies in three columns, The category numbers are in columns B5 - B61 and then starting at N5 - N61 and then again starting at Z5 - Z24. The category numbers are 1 - 6. But may add categories later. I would like the sums to go into cells AH32 - AH37. -- Thank You in Advance Ed Davis I am sorry I forgot to mention where the data is I am looking for. F5 - F61 R5 - R61 AD5 - AD24 -- Thank You in Advance Ed Davis "Ed Davis" <ed@danverssoftware.com> wrote in message news:uumtXNdGKHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP...

Online Stock Trading Guide and How the Stock Market Works #2
Here you can learn more about investing, and some specifics about trading . You'll also find a wide range of investing products and services to help you plan toward financial independence - however you define it. http://flying-rugs.com/stock-market/ ...

stock on hand by lot number
any idea how to get the stock qty on hand per lot number? Inquiry >> Inventory >> Lots Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "hlv" wrote: > any idea how to get the stock qty on hand per lot number? > > You can also run the stock status report and include lot numbers. It's a 'point in time' report so you can't run it historically, but would give you the current on hand quantity by lot number. "Brenner Klenzman" wrote: > Inquiry >> Inventory >> Lots > > Brenner > -- > www.KlenzmanConsulting.com &g...

My own stock chart with open/close same level?
I have made my own stock chart (or candle chart) with high,low,open close... When my open and close are at the same level... I just get a line for the highs and lows but no "body" to my candle... how can I get some sort of indication where the open and the close simotaneously happened? Any thoughts are appreciated Try this approach instead: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/StockChartsAndLineChartTricks.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Automatically adding stocks to Stock Alerts?
I've got Money 2004, and have several investment accounts setup. I want to add all the stocks in those accounts to stock alerts. It lets me add my "MSN Stock List" which adds the stocks that I have listed on my home page on the Money Web site. Is there any automatic way to get it to add all the stocks I have in an account in Money? Thanks, Dan ...

split form 03-28-10
access 2007 i have orders and order detail my order number is set at autonumber and i want to have that number drive the order detail. everything works like it should except my order form doesnot go to new record after i am done entering info for the order detail On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 14:26:01 -0700, jmm1954 <jmm1954@hotmail.com> wrote: That is by design. Click the Next button in the navigation controls at the bottom of the form. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >access 2007 i have >orders and order detail >my order number is set at autonumber and i want to...

Stock Status Report and Historical Stock Status Report
Hello: I have been doing some experimentation, and I want to confirm this. If FIFO Perpetual or LIFO Perpetual is being used, the Unit Cost on the Stock Status Report equals the Current Cost as it appears in the Item Maintenance card. But, on the Historical Stock Status Report, the Unit Cost is the Current Cost from the purchased receipts layer according to the inventory valuation method. Are these two statements correct? And, if so, I am surprised that any report including the Stock Status Report reflects Current Cost exactly as it is from Item Maintenance. I have always understoo...

Stock and Stock Fund
I have both Alcoa stock and money in a 401k Alcoa Stock Fund. The Stock Fund share price is not the same as the Alcoa stock. I tried renaming one and Money 2003 renames the othe as well. Is there any way to set these up to be able to have separate share prices. I removed the ticker symbol from one and Money removes it from the other. In microsoft.public.money, C. Zuck wrote: >I have both Alcoa stock and money in a 401k Alcoa Stock >Fund. The Stock Fund share price is not the same as the >Alcoa stock. I tried renaming one and Money 2003 renames >the othe as well. Is...