startup just changed

Hi.
My copy of Money 99 just started doing something unusual
after several years of using it.  When it starts, it
looks for a disk in drive E (my CD drive).  I have to
Cancel past this screen.  Just an annoyance, but any idea
how I can make this stop?
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No change.

Any tip here would be appreciated..

Thanks.
Bruce
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

More....
I should have mentioned that I just upgraded to XP Home
about a month ago.  Just started this today, however..
Thanks.

0
anonymous (74725)
11/3/2003 11:20:20 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Bruce Bowe wrote:

>Hi.
>My copy of Money 99 just started doing something unusual
>after several years of using it.  When it starts, it
>looks for a disk in drive E (my CD drive).  I have to
>Cancel past this screen.  Just an annoyance, but any idea
>how I can make this stop?
>I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No change.
>
>Any tip here would be appreciated..

You can copy the contents of the install CD to a folder on the hard
drive and re-install from there. That is my main suggestion.

You can put ANY disk into the drive. That is the easiest workaround
for now.

You can seek out and change the "E:" references in the Money
registry entries to "C:" with regedit. You are on your own there.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)

Change Order Policy
We have about 500 parts that we need to change the Order Policy on. I know the table for this is IV00102 and I know the proper code to change these to (5). Question is can I just do an update statement with out breaking anything in this case. We DO use MRP. We are running GP10 SP3 on SQL2005SP2. Thanks, -Scott Scott, I think it should be OK to do it on IV00102. Try it on test machine. After updating, Run checklinks for Manufacturing File>>Maintenance>>Checklinks>>3rd Party>>Mfg Inventory which should update any corresponding Manufacturing tables, if any....

? difference between just copying the .pst file, or, export to .pst
hello all. Am using outlook 2000, and obviously would want to backup content, every so often. Can anyone tell me, if there is a difference between just copying the .pst file and saving elsewhere, or, going file > export > to a pst file. Do I get to the same place? a simple copy is so much quicker than waiting for it to export. any advice gratefully received. cheers. -- --------------- Alan Lodge [Tash] tash@gn.apc.org http://tash.gn.apc.org --------------- Copy or use any backup app, much simpler David "msnews.microsoft.com" <tash@gn.apc.org> wrote in message ...

Startup form selection based on Group permission Options
Hello Group, I have an application that I would like to select the startup form the user sees based on the permissions of their user group. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Change AD User Password
I am not AD admin. Give a user's current password, how to change his/her password in powershell? Thanks The easiest way is using either the quest cmdlets or the ad powershell module. example using ad powershell's Set-ADAccountPassword cmdlet: Set-ADAccountPassword johndoe -Reset -NewPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString -AsPlainText "p@ssw0rd" -Force) example using quest's Set-QADUser cmdlet: Set-QADUser johndoe -UserPassword "p@ssw0rd" "Ben" wrote: > I am not AD admin. Give a user's current password, how to change his/...

Changing the Sales Stage in CRM 4.0
Hi, In CRM 3.0 it is possible to change sales stage (skip one or more) without finishing task(s) from the previous stages (by "change stage" option). Is it also possible in CRM 4.0 ? Thanks, Pawel Whether or not your finish or complete the task to move the next sales stage is controlled via workflow. I don't see the action in 4.0 to change the sales stage process. You could overcome this with a custom workflow that will set the sales stage to a specific stage or advance it by 1. Then you will be able to run the workflow on the opportunity to advance it. -- Christopher Co...

outlook at startup?
Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to have it open at startup, or do you just have to put it in the Startup group? Also, can you have it start up minimized? -- John Salerno Put it in your startup folder and edit the shortcut to have it start minimized. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John Salerno asked: | Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to ...

Email on my PC magically changes to "read" when my Smartphone downloads email
We using Outlook and Exchange Server for email. When an email arrives in my Inbox it is bold because it's "unread". Before I read it, it gets download to my Windows Mobile Smartphone - which is not attached to my PC. It's simply using the Internet to read POP3 mail from the same server and email account. When an email is downloaded to my SmartPhone that same email on my PC is flagged as "read" even though I haven't touched that email yet. What do I do? I want emails on my PC that I have not yet read on my PC to stay bold until I actually read them on my PC...

How to change the CRM email encoding?
By default, CRM email send with UTF-8 encoding, I wonder if possible to change the encoding to others such as GB2312? Thanks. Abrams ...

How do I print more than just the subject line of the Inbox?
Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com ...

Change tab color
Is it possible to change the color (background or text) on individua worksheet tabs -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: just select the entire worksheet and change the color. But probably I'm missing something here :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is it possible to change the color (background or text) on individual > worksheet tabs? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In Excel 2002 and later versions, to change the tab background colour, right-click on the sheet tab, and choose Tab Color. mgonzales ...

Startup error
Hello freinds, one of our users complained that everytime he launches Excel an error message " cannot use object linking and embedding" pops up. We are currently using office xp with sp2. Please help. Happy Holidays Chow Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few time...

Object Explorer doesn't connect to server specified at startup
Hi Everybody, I'm constantly trying to shrink regular responsibilities into a single- click icon. Want me to check the server's hard drive size? I've got a script that gets hard drive space and sends a text report via SQL mail; all I need to do is click the SQLCMD batch file on my desktop. When starting SQL Server Management Studio (2005), I don't want to specify my server name, login, password, or the database I need; I prefer to run my desktop batch file that contains the following command: SqlWb.exe -E -S myservername -d testdb -nosplash This gets me into...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

Installing on startup
Everytime I start my computer up I get a windows installer box that tries to install Money 2002. I already have it and I dont know why it keeps doing it. I am running XP. Thanks for your help. >-----Original Message----- >Everytime I start my computer up I get a windows installer >box that tries to install Money 2002. I already have it >and I dont know why it keeps doing it. I am running XP. >Thanks for your help. >. >I have 2004 Standard and have the same problem so if you get the answe please forward to me. Thanks EdC ...

only showing Switchboard on startup
I would like only the main switchboard to be visible on start-up but at the moment a "Contacts list" form (inherited from the Contacts template in Access 2007) appears on a second tab (I'm not at ths stage of wanting it full-screen yet - though that will come). I have followed the instructions found on the boards: Office button > Access Options > Current database but there isn't anything that I can see related to startup. In Display Form, I have selected "Switchboard" from the drop down list but can't see any way of unselecting Contacts ...

change axis values #2
I just can't seem to figure out how to do this. My business group has a web server and they want to include the server up time in their quarterly reports. Basically you can imagine that the numbers are all 99.xx. The graph that they prepared automatically formats the values based upon the values for teh chart...so it looks like the server had a really bad month last month when it was really only down for for momments So...I how do I format the y axis to use the percentage scale of 0 to 100% instead of 99.95% to 100%. That way the chart will give a better (more accurate) present...

Change the anchor property of a control.
Hello. How can I capture the event, when changing the anchor property of the control ? I.e : myPanel.anchor = AnchorStyles.Left & AnchorStyles.Bottom .... How can I know, when the Anchor property is changed (which event?) ? Thanks :) Am 12.06.2010 23:46, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > How can I capture the event, when changing the anchor property of the > control ? > > I.e : > myPanel.anchor = AnchorStyles.Left & AnchorStyles.Bottom > .... > How can I know, when the Anchor property is changed (which event?) ? Like I said, about once o...

changing margins #2
Did I tell everybody here my computer crashed and I was without a computer for 2 weeks? Well, I'm so frazzled and am going crazy trying to print an invitation and can't get it to print far enough to the right. I can't find where to reset the margins. Where should I look? Thanks. -e Arrange|Layout guides Take tow Valium and talk to us after you get things straightened out again. (I'd be a wreck after two *days*!) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Erika" <erikakatz@mail.com> wrote in message news:mzcWg.9822$YO.6807@tornado.tampabay.rr.com.....

Entourage 2008: how to change order of mail servers in left panel?
I just upgraded to Entourage 2008. Unlike Entourage 2004, it lists my Exchange server at the top, and the "On My Computer" below, in the panel on the left side that indicates my mail folders etc. How do I change the order? Thanks, Mike On 1/12/10 4:04 PM, Michael Levin wrote: > I just upgraded to Entourage 2008. Unlike Entourage 2004, it lists > my Exchange server at the top, and the "On My Computer" below, in the > panel on the left side that indicates my mail folders etc. How do I > change the order? The default mail account as selected un...

Excel 2003 with SP2 locks on startup
I've just loaded Office Professional 2003 (updating from Office XP) and have downloaded the SP2 update pack, but both Excel 2003 and Word 2003 lock up on start-up. It may have something to do with eirther the Virus scanner (Norton's Antivirus 2005 but probably unlikely) or the fact that MS Office Updates won't work as I suspect some of the earlier Windows Installer Patch files may be missing or corrupted from the XP version. I also couldn't uninstall Office XP in the normal manner from Install/Remove programs. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this. (Not...

Tab changes every time I open my document
I produced a document in publisher and every time I close the document the tabs switches back to the default of 0.5. The tab should be set at 0.3. So every time I open the document I have to change the tabs back to 0.3. This effects the entire document and moves all the lines, etc. Was the document created originally in a different version of Publisher? Custom tabs that you previously set in Publisher 2000 are not saved when you save a publication in Publisher 2002 or in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891825/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ h...

Sales Tax change
We have to change our state sales tax rate effective Sept 1. Quotes, orders and backorders entered prior to that date have the old rate on them already. Transferring to invoice does not force a recalculation. Is there a way to quickly and efficiently update these records? We could open up each one within Great Plains and force it. Or we go directly to the data tables and do an update, but that's too risky, in my opinion. Are there other options? Thanks I can offer you a suggestion. When the GST (Goods & Services Tax) was introduced in Australia, we had to have a utility to ...

Calculation based on changing conditions
Hello, I am using Excel 2002 SP3 and hope to find a conditional solution using formulas rather than a macro. In column A are a series of values, column B has values at irregular intervals, and column C contains calculated values based on a value in column B until a new value in column B is encountered and then it incorporates the new column B value in its calculation. A B C 2 3 5 6 9 8 11 4 2 6 15 17 8 10 21 8 29 For example, column C contains ...

Ip address change #2
Is possible to change the IP address of an Exchange server!? On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:49:06 +0100, "MMC [MCP]" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: >Is possible to change the IP address of an Exchange server!? > Sure. Be sure DNS reflects that change as well. ...

How do I change dates on an inserted calendar in Publisher?
Publisher 2003 had an easy way to just change the month on an already formatted calendar. How do I do this in Publisher 2007? New, on the Format Publication task pane, click Apply a Template. Select calendars. All your choices are on the right. You may have to scroll down to see the "Set Calendar Dates...". -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RonMGEe" <RonMGEe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC47AF6D-715E-4ABD-9752-05D634FD9C69@microsoft.com... > Publisher 2003 had an eas...