Standard features gone in 2005

Wow...such standard features that I took for granted (cash
flow graph and debt reductino planner) are GONE in 2005
standard.  And, I cannot find a place to upgrade to
Deluxe...only to buy a whole version of it.  Puts me in a
bad place, since I depended on those features. I know I
should've compared the different versions...I just assumed
that the standard features would be..well..standard.  Time
to look at other software.
0
bhnorby (1)
9/21/2004 1:22:16 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

You can exercise the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and then go buy Deluxe.

"Blake" <bhnorby@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Wow...such standard features that I took for granted (cash
> flow graph and debt reductino planner) are GONE in 2005
> standard.  And, I cannot find a place to upgrade to
> Deluxe...only to buy a whole version of it.  Puts me in a
> bad place, since I depended on those features. I know I
> should've compared the different versions...I just assumed
> that the standard features would be..well..standard.  Time
> to look at other software.

Assuming you are in the US

http://www.microsoft.com/INFO/NAReturns.HTM

Hope this helps

message news:%23QF86r3nEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> You can exercise the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and then go buy Deluxe.
>
> "Blake" <bhnorby@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Wow...such standard features that I took for granted (cash
> > flow graph and debt reductino planner) are GONE in 2005
> > standard.  And, I cannot find a place to upgrade to
> > Deluxe...only to buy a whole version of it.  Puts me in a
> > bad place, since I depended on those features. I know I
> > should've compared the different versions...I just assumed
> > that the standard features would be..well..standard.  Time
> > to look at other software.

0
quest1704 (28)
9/21/2004 3:11:20 AM
The Canadians are worse off.... the Standard version removed Cash flow
forecast - and there is no Deluxe version for Canadians......  So they're
stuck with the option of switching to the US version, or sticking with Money
'04.

"quest" <quest@abc.com> wrote in message
> Assuming you are in the US
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/INFO/NAReturns.HTM
>

> Hope this helps
>

> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:%23QF86r3nEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> You can exercise the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and then go buy Deluxe.
>>
>> "Blake" <bhnorby@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Wow...such standard features that I took for granted (cash
>> > flow graph and debt reductino planner) are GONE in 2005
>> > standard.  And, I cannot find a place to upgrade to
>> > Deluxe...only to buy a whole version of it.  Puts me in a
>> > bad place, since I depended on those features. I know I
>> > should've compared the different versions...I just assumed
>> > that the standard features would be..well..standard.  Time
>> > to look at other software.

0
ketinson (16)
9/21/2004 12:25:21 PM
Are you sure the cash flow forecast is gone? I have already uninstalled 2005
(as I plan to return it this weekend), but I thought I found it under
Banking. In my old copy of 2000 it used to be under Bills.

I can't check to see if my memory is good because I don't want to install
that thing again.

"Ken" wrote:

> The Canadians are worse off.... the Standard version removed Cash flow
> forecast - and there is no Deluxe version for Canadians......  So they're
> stuck with the option of switching to the US version, or sticking with Money
> '04.
>

> "quest" <quest@abc.com> wrote in message
> > Assuming you are in the US
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/INFO/NAReturns.HTM
> >

> > Hope this helps
> >

> > "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> > message news:%23QF86r3nEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> You can exercise the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and then go buy Deluxe.
> >>
> >> "Blake" <bhnorby@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Paguma (2)

Cannot edit check numbers in Microsoft Money 2005
I automatically downloaded my checking information from my bank, but my checking account did not import with any check numbers nor will it allow you to add/edit them. Can you add/edit check numbers on downloaded checking accounts in Microsoft Money 2005? Rob In microsoft.public.money, robpw1@gmail.com wrote: >I automatically downloaded my checking information from my bank, but my >checking account did not import with any check numbers nor will it >allow you to add/edit them. Can you add/edit check numbers on >downloaded checking accounts in Microsoft Money 2005? I can do so. ...

Lost a UI feature in Money 2004
Hopefully someone can help me....when I bring up the Manage scheduled bills and deposits screen, it used to show at the bottom a smaller subset of the bills that were recently paid. That seems to have gone away, how can I get it back? I know I can click on "View electronic transactions" and I see them all on a separate screen, this was on the same screen. Thanks! ...

Manufacturing Standard Cost
Hello, We are running GP 8.0 SP 2 with Manufacturing. We have a standard cost revalution journal entry is there a way to find which standard cost changes make up this journal entry? Thanks for any help you can provide. -- Thanks, Brian ...

CRM 1.2 Feature Pack Installation Questions
Am I correct in my assumption that there is one install for the SFO client -- CRM1.2-KB833621-Client-ENU.exe and two installs for the CRM Server CRM1.2-KB833621-Server-ENU.exe CRM1.2-KB873262-SERVER-ENU.exe Thanks for you help in deciphering the downloads! Lynn ...

class wizard in VS 2005
Hi, In VC++ 6.0, I can get the class wizard by hitting ctrl-C if I want to add an event handler (say a mouse down event) to a class (say a CView derived class). What should I do in VS 2005? I tried to review the document but didn't find one that introduces a 6.0 user about where they can find their old familiar features. Your help is much appreciated. JD "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:uumVDvkyHHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In VC++ 6.0, I can get the class wizard by hitting ctrl-C if I want to add > an e...

Creating typed dataset from an industry standard schema
Has anyone run into problems creating typed datasets from complex schemas? I am attempting to create a Typed Dataset in Visual Studio .Net from a .xsd schema file for a industry standard web service. I have run the schema through XML Spy and validated it with no errors, but when attempting to generate a dataset, I keeping getting a 'undefined data type' error. The schema is quite large so I don't know if that is causing the problem or if it is just something odd about .Net's parser. Here is the section of the schema causing the problem. There are only two spots where the...

HIPAA Standards
Hello, Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic transactions ? Take care, Dave Hi, MS CRM dont provide HIPAA built in functionality. Biztalk may provide it and MS CRM can be integrated with Biztalk. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Dave Banerjee" wrote: > Hello, > > Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic > transactions ? > > Take care, > Dave > No, CRM does not provide any...

Finesse in using Outlook Mail Features for Heavy Email Volume
Help- A long-time user of Outlook, I am now in a job that requires me to handle lots of volume into two different MS Exchange Accounts, and review two additional accounts. I was limping along using standard organizing techniques (i.e. personal folders and archiving), but am nearing a meltdown. I'm guessing that I have nearly 8,000 email scattered into different personal folders. I'm finding it cumbersome to deal with anymore. I am looking for some suggestions for efficiently organizing my messages, that will keep my system from crashing (which I feel is just around the corner), y...

Losing Notes when merging Contacts. Bug or feature?
I am having an issue with losing Notes when merging duplicate Contact records. If I create a record with a duplicate already in the system, the de-dupe dialogue box comes up and I am asked how I want to handle it. If I merge the 2 records, both of which have at least 1 Note, I lose the Note from the record which becomes the deactivated one. Not only is the Note not merged with the active record, if you go to the deactivated record and look in its Notes, any Note that was there before is gone. On the other hand, if I merge two Account records in the same manner, Notes are merged and ...

2005 Update failed
Hello, I have the 2005 Money trial version, I downloaded the update, but it failed to install. I cannot open Money with my current money.mny file, only a newly created one. The error is: A communication error occured. Please try your call again. If you cantinue to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer Support. Thanks for the help Frank In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: > > >I have the 2005 Money trial version, I downloaded the update, but it failed >to install. I cannot open Money with my current money.mny file, only a ne...

Help features won't load in Enterprise 2007
Everytime I try to access Help in Office 2007 in any of Word, Excel etc, the program that I am in wants to re install everytime or configure, then there is no box to type the query after that either. I originally had Home and Student installed and that worked fine, then custom installed Enterpsie to add Publisher and Access. Since then I have had no luck with using Help with either. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried this and that I don't know how many times but still not able to use Help in any of the suites. I contacted the people I bought Enterprise from and they sent...

standard deviation
I am making a simple bar graph with two data sets that I want to compare. I want to have the error bars represent the SD rather than % or something else. All I can get it to do is put the same bars on both data sets, which is not correct. I have calculate the SD and know that it is not the same for both sets. Any help would be appreciated. Clem In both XL 2003 and XL 2007 it is possible to use a column of data fro your error bars (actually two columns: one for positive, another for negative) Have a look again in the dialog. If needed come back but tell us what version of E...

Payees in 2005 Business
When you change account or address information is another Payee created in Money? My gas company is listed under Payees and I have auto bill pay setup for them. However when I look up what has been paid to that payee it only goes back to March of this year! When I look up the category it goes back much further, so when I looked up the Payee for before March, the same Payee showed up but some information is different (and not greyed out like for my recurring bill). BTW... this is affecting Budgets as well when I look at my budget history. :) Graham ...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

BP 3.0 features or hacks?
I installed our BP a few months ago and we have been in various stages of testing before we roll it out to all of our users. Our main goal is to utilize the HRM module and allow employees to access their pay stubs and print them off if needs be. My administration has tasked me with 3 major features that they would like to see before we roll it out. I will list them and what I have done to try and implement them: Feature 1: require a password - I have changed authentication in IIS, requiring all users to enter a username and password before accessing their data. It works, but does n...

standards in visio
hi is there any standard for designing network in visio? thanks visio doesn't design networks it assists people in documenting them. no, there are no standards. al "kyan" <gheysar_k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eHRQFIZPFHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > is there any standard for designing network in visio? > thanks > ...

Money 2005 or 2006
In Money 2005 or 2006 can one do technical analysis (simple/exponential moving average) on downloaded stock/fund quotes? Thanks Sam No. "Sth" <usan001@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:mpKdndisDMwYZ6DeRVn-rg@adelphia.com... > In Money 2005 or 2006 can one do technical analysis (simple/exponential > moving average) on downloaded stock/fund quotes? Well, you can see 50-day or 200-day (simple) moving averages, as well as some other technical indicators. If you are familiar with the deluxe chart control on MSN Money, MS Money has the same features. -Russ Paul-...

Why Micorosoft Money only have Standard in Canada? What is the different between Candian Standard Edition and the U.S.?
Hi, everyone; I live in Canada....... I wanting to get the Microsoft Money Deluxe or maybe Premium Edition... Because I do a little Stock Trading myself.. and wanted to use to Stock Trade Tracker... However, in Canada they only have the "Standard Canadian Edition".. Can't find any Deluxe or Premium up here.... The only way is I have to buy it through Ebay from someone down in the United States... What is the different between the Candian Standard Edition and the U.S. one anyway? ...

Send To feature not working
This feature was working then one day the option disapeared from the File menu. I added it back into the file menu, but the option is greyed out and cannot be used. It did work at one time. Thanks in advance for your help. Please post in one group Scott See answer in Functions -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Scott Drain" <scott.drain@fairmountminerals.com> wrote in message news:a22001c35c56$d3f2e680$a001280a@phx.gbl... > This feature was working then one day the option > disapeared from the File menu. I added it back in...

Standard reply
Is there a way of sending a standard reply to an email in outlook. With some email clients there is a reply with... option that allows you to reply to an email with a standard response. For example choosing to reply and adding the following text to the top of the email: Thank you for applying for the position but it is has already been filled. Outlook has stationary that allows you to setup templates for new messages but I can't find a way of doing this for a reply. You can use Wizard Rules for that. Post more info like version of Outlook and whether or not you're on an Exc...

Help! Send To\Mail Recipient feature doesnt work. #2
I have WinXP w/Outlook 2003. When I right click a file and choose Send To\Mail Recipient, the feature does not work. I have got it to work one time by going to Control Panels\Add Remove Programs\Set Program Access and Defaults. There I select Microsoft Windows, (instead of Custom), restart the computer and I can then send to mail recipient, but only one time. After that I get the Error message, Microsoft Office Outlook, The operation failed. This feature works when I select Outlook Express as my default Email client in Internet options. Please can someone help! Thanks in advance. Gregg "...

Upgrading CRM to SQL Server 2005 & .NET Framework 2.0
Hi there, I'm introducing myself on Dynamics CRM world, and I need to know if I can use SQL Server 2005 as db server for CRM 3.0, and also if I can use VS 2005 & ..NET Fr 2.0 to extend the CRM. It would be great if any of you could write any link or info on this topic. If it's any book, web site or product sheet of any kind with this information, please let me know. Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Pedro López-Belmonte Eraso MCAD, MCT plberaso@telefonica.net.(quitaestoparaenviar) Hi Pedro, Yes, SQL 2005 can be used as database for CRM 3. ..net 2 can be used to develop...

Excel 2005
Has anyone heard of the new features in Excel 2005 Thank -------- Message sent from www.excelforums.com tes -------- Message sent from www.excelforums.com Please don't SPAM live newsgroups with test postings. (Yes it is SPAM in the original sense of the word). The newsgroup you posted to is news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.misc and has nothing whatsoever to do with excelforums, which merely slurps up newsgroup postings along with serving you advertising. The worst part is that they get stored as web pages instead of remaining simply newsgroup postings. If you hav...

Standard C++ Library
is it true that Standard C++ Library is pretty much include functions similar to the following java packages??? java.io java.lang java.util http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ct1as7hw(VS.80).aspx It seem to me the Standard C++ Library have headers to mainipulate string / characters, doing I/O, and data structure like Stack, Queue, HashMap, Vector, time, bitwise operation, exception, iterator on a collection ... etc which pretty similar to above "very core" java package So there are 3 types of library / header in C++? CRT (C runtime library) Standard C++ Library Platform S...

Migrating off of SBS 2000 to Windows 2008 standard /Exchange 2010
We have outgrown the SBS environment and are moving to an environment with Windows 2008 std server running exchange 2010. What is the best/easiest way to get 2000SBS out of the way? As I understand it, I would bring in the 2008 server and configure as a member DC then seize the FSMO roles and then shut down the SBS 2000 server. Is that about it (excluding what I will have to do to migrate my exchange data - which I am assuming I will have to do BEFORE I seize the FSMO roles... What other gotcha'ya's might I expect?? Thanks, Brad ...