Split Transactions & MSN Money Plus

I use Microsoft Money Plus, which was package with MSN.com.  I'm just
getting started.  My question is how are split transactions handled?  I use
a money card to pay for groceries and often get cash at the same time.  For
budget purposesI would like to keep these two items in separate categories.
Any suggestions?

money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Debt Reduction Planner
For some reason whenever I try to set up the debt reduction planner it always attempts to pay off the entire debt in the very first month. I set the payment amount I want and set the one time payment to $0, but it doesn't seem to matter. How can I resolve this? This has been a long time problem with Money and I would really appreciate some help resolving this. Thanks, James. ...

Sum values in a "chronlogical date list" from "transactions table"
Hi everyone, What I'm asking for here would be so easy in Excel but my skill in Access just doesn't cut it yet. I have 2 tables, first table (Table1) only contain one field (a list of dates, starting from "2005-01-01" and ending "2007-10-31"). The second table (Table2) has 3 fields: * Date1 * Date2 * Amount (values ranging from 0 to 1200 USD) Now, I want to run a conditional sum for each date in Table1. For example, for first value in Table1: "2005-01-01" I want to run a query that adds up the values of all transactions in Table 2 that have "...

Moving from US to Canada, maybe from Quicken to Money
I'm a long-time Quicken user who is getting tired of their product and their problems. As I've recently moved from the US to Canada I've been told I need to get a Canadian copy of Money or Quicken in order to access my Canadian banks and download online. A number of questions arise: 1. Do I need Money 2005 to access Canadian banks (TD CanadaTrust)? 2. Are there any file-format issues between Money and the banks as there are with the new Quicken file formats? 3. Will Canadian Money 2005 import from US Quicken 2004? 4. Does Money integrate with any Canadian tax prep packages the ...

Split tasks a splitting headache
Inherited another Project IMS. I am noticing right off that the previous scheduler has been starting tasks without their FS preds completing. Yeah, it does show up as a spit bar in the gantt chart. But, does anyone know a way to filter out just task that started before predecessor completion? I'm dealing with several thousand lines. Thanks. -- trailerpup ------------------------------------------------------------------------ trailerpup's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/116596.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290853.htm ...

How to randomly split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset?
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? Thank you very much. How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline zencaroline <zencaroline@gmail.com> writes: > How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Create a new variable whose value is randomly distributed. Sort the data on this variable. Take the first 1000 cases ...

Problem logging into Money Plus with LiveID #2
Like a previous poster posted "I have tried several times to open Money Plus using my email address and LiveID password but I keep getting rejected with a message stating that one or the other is incorrect. I have been able to log-on to Hotmail using this same log-in information and even successfully reset my LiveID to a new password but still cannot open Money. MSN Money Network Status does not indicate any reference to this problem."\ i have the same problem today - yesterday things were fine. does anyone know what the problem is and what i might expect soon ? ...

converting money 2002 files to money 2005
I recently bought a new pc w/vista. Attempted trial w/money essentials which does not recognize previous money files. downloaded money 2005 free trial version. all i needed was to balance my statements. tried to look at reports. had to download updates. once downloaded, error message received "not enough memory is available" . well, I bought money 2005 disk off ebay. it will not recognize my backup file. finally got it to recognize one of my backups and again, i get the same "not enought memory . . ." This is very irritating and discouraging. I don't know what&#...

Why is charge transaction kept on aborted transaction?
We have problems when selling a gift card and tendering with a credit card. RMS has you swipe the credit card first and gets approval, then the gift card. If there is a problem with the gift card or you have to leave the tender screen for any reason, you have to reswipe the credit card agoin to complete the transaction. The customers card has now been charged twice. Our VAR's(Positive Technology) answer was to abort the transaction, but this still leaves the charge on the customers card. The simplest solution would be to have you swipe the credit card last. I just don't know how...

Split data into new sheets
I have a (very) long list, sorted by account code. I would like to write a macro that splits the list into separate sheets in the workbook, with a separate sheet for each account code. Ideally, I would also like to rename each sheet to show which account code the sheet contains. I have no idea, though, where to start. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Hi bernard How many different accounts are in the list (more or less than 250)??? below some code that I use to split files by account numbers where the user has to select a cell within the column that contains the account number... Hope thi...

money problem
I want to use the same symbol for my portfolio in three different places but Money want let me. I have an account called Executive Stock program, Stock Bonus Program and Executive Stock Unit Program. When I sign in I would like for it to bring up the symbol from the stock exchange for that day and tell me what I have in each account. I there any way to get around this problem and use the same symbol for all three accounts. Yes and it's not a matter of "a way to get around" but more a matter of just using the program the way it was designed. See http://www.bollar.org/m...

Money 2005 No Longer Communcates with Bank or MSN
I setup Money 2005 a few weeks ago and everything worked as it should until last Saturday. Now, when I clicked on the little update button, it does its thing and then gives errors that it couldn't communicate with the bank and couldn't sync with MSN Money. These both worked flawlessly all along until now. I haven't changed anything and I bank with Bank of America - Formerly Fleet. Anyone know what gives? In microsoft.public.money, "Pat Seguin" <Pat Seguin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I setup Money 2005 a few weeks ago and everything worked as it shou...

split column
I have a column of data in the following format column A John B. Smith What I want to do is split this column into three separate column so that it will appear as below Column B Column C Column D John B. Smith. Is there a formula that can help me do this. TIA Tlee, If all the names follow the same format (you don't say), you can use Data - Text to columns, using a space as the separator. Make sure that the columns to the right are empty before you start. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ---------------------------...

Can't find my Front End Folder after database split
I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users. Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end folder. It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back end? Please help. Thaanks. It will be called that, unless you typed something else in the save as dialog. I thought it ended up in the same folder as the backend after splitting. Easiest way is to go back to the original and split it again, this time take note of where you save it before you press the button. Jeanette Cunningham "Joe" <Joe@discussi...

Money 2004 #98
Hi, I lost my hard drive that had the USA Money 2002 program but have the Money backup files on a flash drive. I do not recall using a password with Money 2002. I installed a new licensed copy of Money 2004 on a different hard drive. Will this work and what are the steps to get the backup files to open in Money 2004. I am able to get the Money 2004 program to open but cannot get it to read anything from the files. Many thanks. Smith In microsoft.public.money, Smith wrote: > > >I lost my hard drive that had the USA Money 2002 program but have the Money >backup files on a ...

Disassociate Windows Live from Money 2007
I want to use Money 2007 without signing in Windows Live. Desktop works fine without signing in Windows Live. The subject never comes up. Laptop wants me to sign in before I can access Money. OS Windows Vista Home Premium Thank you for your help. In microsoft.public.money, Btfsplk wrote: >I want to use Money 2007 without signing in Windows Live. Desktop works fine >without signing in Windows Live. The subject never comes up. Laptop wants me >to sign in before I can access Money. OS Windows Vista Home Premium >Thank you for your help. See the section in http://support.micro...

Unwanted replicated split screen
I know I could re-install excell but before I do, is there anyone here who can help me disable a setting that I have no idea how it came about. I can only describe it as 2 identical execl grids on the same worksheet. Accompanying image will show you. Help. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel_display_duplication.GIF | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3855 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- BoyLeroy -----------------------------------...

Reconciling downloaded transactions
I'm having trouble understanding Money's way of reconciling downloaded transactions. For each downloaded transaction, it appears to look for anything close to the same amount in the register. It happily matches transactions with different amounts, different dates (even a month or more different) different payees, etc. This amounts to ALOT of changes to transactions -- a time-consuming process. Is there any way to get Money to look for more EXACT matches? (Key point: I do NOT manually enter most transactions.) Secondly, is there any way to get Money to reconcile using a downloa...

Lost transaction log
I am using Exchange server 5.5 and i am having a serious problem. Accidentally, an Information store transaction log file has been deleted and the service stop. When i try to restart it i get a "fffffdfd" error. Using the eseutil to recover the database i get "Performing soft recovery... Operation terminated with error -515 Jet_errInvalidLogSequence, Timestamp in next log does not match expected)" Since there is no current backup, how can i restore the database and what is the chance of data loss? Please answer !!!! Thank you First off all, copy what you currentl...

Upgrade from Money 99 to 2005
I was recently forced to upgrade from 99 to 2005. When the new program tries to migrate the data it is unsuccessfull. The program seems to work but no data displays. Help!!!!!!!!!!! In microsoft.public.money, Riz wrote: >I was recently forced to upgrade from 99 to 2005. When the new program tries >to migrate the data it is unsuccessfull. The program seems to work but no >data displays. Help!!!!!!!!!!! No data displays? Like empty register entries? I have never heard of that. However there are some simple thing that sometimes help various things: In Internet Explorer del...

MS Money: Can it go SLOWER??
Is there anything at all that will speed up Money. Mine now takes 15 minutes to load. Is there anything that can be done. On a NEW machine, fast internet, lots of memory. -- Thanks and Gig''em Mark Fairchild Mark, File > Repair Money File > Remove all Bills data. This repair definitely speeds Money up. You WILL have to rebuild your Bills data though. You can create a bills report and then go through your checking account or whatever accounts you use for bill payment and make those bills from your bills report re-occurring bills. Granted, a bit of a hassle but I think ...

Display Data On Split Form
Not sure how to ask this but here goes. In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value that will show regardless of the row I select in the datasheet. This is the number of vacation days one will have through-out the year and of course it changes as vacations days get used up. Any help will be appreciated, James "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:6A4DFFD9-3302-4A10-B51A-153373D266FD@microsoft.com... > Not sure how to ask this but here goes. > In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value > that will show regardl...

Negetive amount in Cash Transactions
Because of investment transfers, dividends, and earnings allocated my cash transaction side of my 401K is a negetive balance. Is this correct? If not what am I doing wrong? TIA cindy The cash account should reflect the amount of money that is "in float" at any given point in time. For instance, my contributions from my paycheck last Friday are in never-never-land for a week before getting invested in the 401k this Friday. That's what's in the cash account balance right as I type this. Sounds like not accounting from some of the cash flow somewhere. It's hard to be...

Receipt not in Item Transaction Inquiry
I have a client that uses project accounting. They have received against a purchase order. The receipt shows up in the Purchase Receipts Inquiry, but does not show up in the Item Transaction Inquiry. What could be causing this? ...

Money 2005 and Pocket Money 2005
I have a strange problem, I looked on the FAQs, reinstalled both programs and it still comes back. Both money '05 and pocket money 05 seem to work fine (though i think money '05 is a lot harder to use than money '02). The problem is with the investments portion of pocket money 05. For some reason it doesn't transfer over how many shares i own and then for some reasons says I own -trillionsOfDollars (where trillionsOfDollars is some obscenely huge numbeR). Has anyone heard of this or can help me. Shaun ...

Reverse Split
Money International Version 2003 trying to do a 0.25 for 1 split. Money wants integers in the split field, so I tried to do a 1 for 4 "split". Money gave a completely unrelated answer. I then did a 50 for 200 "split" (I have 200 shares being reduced to 50) - again it gave a number completely unrelated. I tried various permutations and each time, the division or multiplication numbers were total nonsense. Any help? In microsoft.public.money, ZootRot wrote: >Money International Version 2003 > >trying to do a 0.25 for 1 split. Money wants integers in ...