Spin Off

Hey,

I've entered the spinoff data for Medco Health solutions
from Merck and Money 2000 running under Windows 2000 ME
responds with "This operation cannot be performed" after
the last piece of data is entered.  A microsoft human
suggested the data I'm entering must be bad.

Thanks for looking at this,

Anxious in Asheville
0
chernobog (1)
12/3/2003 2:40:44 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I always hate having to send people down this path, but I fear you are a
good candidate to read: http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. Good luck.

<chernobog@charter.net> wrote in message
> I've entered the spinoff data for Medco Health solutions
> from Merck and Money 2000 running under Windows 2000 ME
> responds with "This operation cannot be performed" after
> the last piece of data is entered.  A microsoft human
> suggested the data I'm entering must be bad.

A spin on the old TRANSPOSE question
A "search" turns up dozens of repetitions of the same question: "How d I convert a column of data into a row of data?" Easy: Copy, Past Special, Transpose. But how about for a column of repeating data? E.g.: A B C D A B C D A B C D and so on, to be converted to: A B C D A B C D A B C D, continuing. I recorded a quick macro to copy and paste special (transpose), but i kept recopying the original copied data. Manually copying and pastin is going to take way too long. Is there a formulaic method of doin this? Thanks!: ----------------------------------------------- ...

DVD drive spinning up
How can I prevent the DVD drive pinning up each time when NOT in use?? In configuration I have already disabled all auto run options! Or is the only remedy taking out the disk each time? -- regards, |\ /| | \/ |@rk \../ \/os On 5/28/2010 10:17 AM, Linea Recta wrote: > How can I prevent the DVD drive pinning up each time when NOT in use?? > In configuration I have already disabled all auto run options! > Or is the only remedy taking out the disk each time? Well it spins up even without a disc in the drive actually. It is just quieter and it realizes pret...

Spin Off
Hey, I've entered the spinoff data for Medco Health solutions from Merck and Money 2000 running under Windows 2000 ME responds with "This operation cannot be performed" after the last piece of data is entered. A microsoft human suggested the data I'm entering must be bad. Thanks for looking at this, Anxious in Asheville I always hate having to send people down this path, but I fear you are a good candidate to read: http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. Good luck. <chernobog@charter.net> wrote in message news:04f501c3b946$d9cb3b50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'...

reset the value of a spin button
Q: How can I reset the value of a spin button with out setting off the CHANGE event? I am using Office Pro 2003 and have tried the following with out success: Application.EnableEvents = False spnButton1.Value = VarX Application.EnableEvents = True Option Explicit Private fNoChange As Boolean 'other code Private Sub spnButton1_Change() If Not fNoChange Then 'change code End If End Sub 'more code fNoChange = True spnButton1.Value = VarX fNoChange = False -- HTH Bob "cubbybear3" <n4213l@gmail.com> wrote ...

Spin button
I am using multiple spin buttons in my file. For eg: Spin button 1 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Spin button 2 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 If option 1 has been selected for spin button 1 then spin button 2 can be 2, 3, 4, 5 If spin button 1 = 2 then spin button 2 cannot = 2 and so forth. Is this possible?? Thanks. "aqualibra" <aqualibra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C625A363-284B-4485-8CAD-97A420FA6ADA@microsoft.com... >I am using multiple spin buttons in my file. > > For eg: Spin button 1 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 > Spin but...

Numeric spin control,
Hi, I want to make each tick of the spin control increment the value in the buddy edit control by a fraction: For example, 1 tick --> 0.1 2 tick --> 0.2 3 tick --> 0.3 4 tick --> 0.4 etc I don't think there is an automatic way to do this, as it seems to increment only by integer values. Would the solution be to disable "Set buddy integer", check for a spin arrow press, convert spin integer value to the numeric value I want, then update edit control? What messages do I capture when one of the arrows of a spin control is pressed? This is a real problem, cau...

Spin-off recording
using small business 2004 and trying to record a spin-off. I get an error message that the operation can't be completed. "Help" tells me to run the file repair tool which I have done. -both the Quick repair tool and the Standard to no avail. "help" also tells me that there is a download available for the latest version of the "Standard file tool". I can't seem to find this download on microsoft's site after an eshaustive search. Any ideas?? Charley ...

hiding spin in CDateTimeCtrl
Hi, I have a CDateTimeCtrl and I want to use it just for showing the time (this is a simple thing to do). The problem is that I want to hide the small spin control (small up and down arrows). Actually, I want that the control will look like an edit box (but with the ability to format the time string etc.). Does someone know how to do it? Regards, Ram. ...

Spin Control?
I have a spin control buddies with an edit box. I set the range of the spin control from 1 to 10. I tested it and it spins from 1 to 10. What event handler should I use to get the position of the spin control when it has changed? And what code would I use in the event handler, something to do with the spin control or edit box control? -- Just Al "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDD0806B-99DB-483A-8456-0F109A0BE97A@microsoft.com... >I have a spin control buddies with an edit box. I set the range of the spin > control from 1 to 10. I tested...

What's Up with this Spin Control?
Greeting: I have this spin control that is buddied with an edit box. I am handling the WM_NOTIFY / UDN_DELTAPOS message. I have set the spin controls range to 0 through 99. I have not made any changes to its acceleration properties. I start with the value of 15 in my edit control. I click the "UP" arrow of the spinner. The values found in the "up/down" structure make perfect sense: pNMUpDown->iPos = 15 pNMUpDown->iDelta = 1 The new value is 16. I set the spinner's position to that value and that's that. The displayed value in the edit box is 16. So far s...

Multiple Spin-off
Hi, I have a question for how to create a transaction for a multiple spin-off. First, my set up, I'm using Microsoft Money 2007 deluxe and running Windows XP home edition. Tyco recently spun off two companies, Tyco Electronics [29.23%] and Covidien [31.75%], when I try to use the spin-off utility in Money it doesn't give me the option for multiple spin-offs. The first thing I tried was to perform one spin-off to a bogus name that combined the two companies [60.98%]. I was then going to spin the two companies off from the bogus company. However, that seamed to consume all the c...

Spin control
Hi, I want to have a control on a dialog which allow the user to increment/decrement a time, e.g 07:11:23. I'm not sure how to do this. Should I use an edit control with a spinner button? If so how do i get 24 hour time in the edit control? Thanks Macca This is usually tricky. There are a couple approaches. One is to create a custom-derived CWnd control which allows the user to select the field to be incremented, and the spin control advances the highlighted field. The last time I needed to do this, I cheated. I used three borderless edit controls and two static controls. I careful...

Spinning Hourglass
I'm running Outlook 2002 SP-2. Occasionally a spinning hour glass shows up in the right hand lower corner (Status area.) Quiting the program is the only thing that appears to stop it. Does anyone know what I should do? Thanx, Joe Do you have Instant Messaging installed under Tools->Options->Other? If yes, turn it off. If it is already turned off, then see if running detect and repair will help. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Joe <xntrick34@hotmail.com> asked | I'm run...

Spin Offs
Is there are reasonable way (or work around) to getting recording: 1) a spin off (i.e. Merck spins off Medco) 2) an exchange of some shares (but not all) I want to be able to track purchase/base cost of these investments. Thanks much, Sherman If you do a spinoff, then Money retains the original basis. Not sure what your second question entails. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Sherman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:018201c3c985$ca572d10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there are reasonable way (or work around) to getting > recording: > > 1) a sp...

Undo Spin-off
Hi, I used an incorrect allocation ratio in a spin-off I performed a while back. I have an old backup that I can retireve, but I've done a lot of work on the file since then. Is it possible to delete all the adjustments [add shares/remove shares] to the two effected stocks to undo the spin-off? Or is there other information saved in the file that would affect other calculations? Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote: > > >I used an incorrect allocation ratio in a spin-off I performed a while back. >I have an old backup that I can retireve, but I've don...

Stock Spin Off
Hi, I use the 'record a spin-off' feature in money 2004 deluxe to enter my stock spin-off transactions. My question is how to use it when one company spins off two stocks. I tried to do them on the same day and the program ignored the second transaction. I tried again, using the next day for the second transaction, and it worked. Is there any way to enter them both on the same day? Thanks I've seen this as well, Jim -- only way I know is to use separate days. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA75B133-84B9...

Framework Library & Word with the spinning disk
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I went on vacation last week and took my Power Mac G5 (Tower model) with me. When I reconnected the computer My 2004 Word was acting funny. I'd get a spinning disk when trying to open a document. I uninstalled and then reinstalled all of the Office 2004. Now I get the message that the Frame Work Library has an error. And I still get the spinning disk until Word is not responding and I need to Option-Apple-Delete and Force Close Word. Ive tried all day to get this going. I'm stumped I've tried all the reinsta...

spin off in Money 2006
When I try entering a spin off in Money 2006 deluxe I get a this operation cannot be preformed. I get this even on the sample data file. I even did a fresh install of XP home on a new hard drive and reinstalled money. Jonathan Jonathan, Your mistake in asking this question is you either meant to say "sign off" instead of "spin off" or you meant to say "spin off" and we have no idea what you meant. In over 10 years of using Money I have never had to reinstall my operating system. Why in the world would a software program like Microso...

Spin Button
How can I install a Macro, to increment numbers with a spin button? ...

Updown Control (spin)
I used UpDown Control in dialog with EditBox, but I dont understand one thing: by clicking on upper arrow, number in the edit box decrement and on the lower arrow number increment. How can I change that direction? Petr Pavlis wrote: > I used UpDown Control in dialog with EditBox, but I dont understand one > thing: by clicking on upper arrow, number in the edit box decrement and on > the lower arrow number increment. How can I change that direction? > > This means that you did not set the range of the control. Initialize it by calling SetRange. -- Scott McPhillips...

Spin Box Date and Sumproduct
Is it possible to use a date (created via an INDEX calculation) within a SUMPRODUCT calculation? I use a SUMPRODUCT calculation to generate headcount figures off monthly master sheets as per the following: =(SUMPRODUCT(--(Apr09!$O$1:$O$6000="XN01"),(Apr09!$CI$1:$CI$6000))). However, I would like to now change the date source of the data based on a month name generated by a Spin Box so that when the month changes fropm Apr09 to May09, the SUMPRODUCT calculation refers to the sheet of May instead. So how do you join the '$O$1:$O$6000' part to the cell containi...

Spin control problem
I set a text edit control as the buddy to a spin control. Another list box enables and disables them depending on user's selection. When the controls are enabled, the spin control keep on grayed untill I place my cursor on it. The spin control works fine but gives the user wrong impression that it is disabled Can anyone give me any suggestion about this Thanks. Hi Robert, I do this sort of thing all the time (enable and disable controls). One thing I noticed, I don't know if it will make a difference or not, is that I always enable the edit control before the spin control. If that...

spinning wheel with expansion of abbreviations
Word 2004 frequently displays an endless spinning ball when I attempt = to=20 use Spell Catcher to expand an abbreviation during interactive spell=20 checking. The spinning ball does not occur all the time but occurs frequently. No = error=20 log is registered by Word in the ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter. I do = not=20 recall this problem occurring with Word v.X and I am only able to exit = by=20 force quitting Word.=20 I am using OS X 10.3.5 How do I correct this problem? On 8/21/04 2:57 PM, in article a85a01c487c9$df0576b0$a401280a@phx.gbl, "A Corn" <anonymous@discussions....

spin control madness
I have a spin control, and in my OnInitDialog function i execute this code: c_Spin.SetRange(2, 100); c_Spin.SetPos(10); int i = c_Spin.GetPos(); for some reason, variable i equals 65546, which is wrong, it should be 10, right? What am i doing wrong??? joe "joey" <MSforum1@---I-DONT-LIKE-SPAM---Kybert.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23rLbZPn7DHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have a spin control, and in my OnInitDialog function i execute this code: > > c_Spin.SetRange(2, 100); > c_Spin.SetPos(10); > int i = c_Spin.GetPos(); > > for some reason, v...

Spinning beach ball of death in word 2004 and OS X 10.4.2
Hi, It happens quite often, that Word 2004 (SP2) on OS X Tiger locks up for several minutes and sometimes longer. I can't say why and when it happens because almost everything can provoke it. Just changing to another font or sending a document to print can result in a spinning beach ball of death. It's really annoying. I have deleted com.microsoft.Word.plist inside ~Library\Preferences but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem, so what can I do? -- Regards Madsen Hi Thomas, There is a known bug in MacOS that deals with fonts that can cause this to happen. Apple and Mi...