SMRTINET.INI error

I get this error about every third time I do the internet
updates in Money 2004.   "Money encountered an error
processing the dowloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI')."  Yes the
error log mispelled the word downloaded!

Anybody have any idea?
0
guzzetti (9)
2/15/2004 5:59:50 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Stephen wrote:

>I get this error about every third time I do the internet
>updates in Money 2004.   "Money encountered an error
>processing the dowloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI')."  Yes the
>error log mispelled the word downloaded!
>
>Anybody have any idea?

Close Money

In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with
Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles.

Reboot your computer.

Open Money and try your Internet Updates again. This method works
for some. How about you?

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
2/15/2004 6:05:13 PM
Worked for me.

> In microsoft.public.money, Stephen wrote:
>
> >I get this error about every third time I do the internet
> >updates in Money 2004.   "Money encountered an error
> >processing the dowloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI')."  Yes the
> >error log mispelled the word downloaded!
> >
> >Anybody have any idea?
>
> Close Money
>
> In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with
> Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles.
>
> Reboot your computer.
>
> Open Money and try your Internet Updates again. This method works
> for some. How about you?

Nope. Did not work for me. The error came back after a couple of downloads.
--
Alex Khain
Portland, OR, USA

0
akh (10)
2/20/2004 2:28:37 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Alex Khain wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> >I get this error about every third time I do the internet
>> >updates in Money 2004.   "Money encountered an error
>> >processing the dowloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI')."  Yes the
>> >error log mispelled the word downloaded!
>> >
>> >Anybody have any idea?
>>
>> Close Money
>>
>> In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with
>> Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles.
>>
>> Reboot your computer.
>>
>> Open Money and try your Internet Updates again. This method works
>> for some. How about you?
>>

>Nope. Did not work for me. The error came back after a couple of downloads.

The good news is that the error indication does not really cause an
additional symptom. I find that by immediately doing Money Updates
immediately again the error indication usually clears.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
2/20/2004 2:51:55 AM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message > >>
> >> In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with
> >> Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles.
> >>
> >> Reboot your computer.
> >>
> >> Open Money and try your Internet Updates again. This method works
> >> for some. How about you?
> >>

> >Nope. Did not work for me. The error came back after a couple of
downloads.

> The good news is that the error indication does not really cause an
> additional symptom. I find that by immediately doing Money Updates
> immediately again the error indication usually clears.

I did not notice any ill effects either, but I wonder.  Since the error
happens only on each 3rd download, could it be that the actual update is not
attempted every time the download is run, but maybe only once a day or on
each 3rd attempt? The rest of the time the download succeeds, but the update
is not processed, hence no error.

Anyway, the quotes seem to work, the providers seem to download. So I'm
inclined not to worry about it.
--
Alex Khain
Portland, OR, USA
(remove the digit from the reply address)

0
akh (10)
2/20/2004 4:59:40 AM
Hi Alex,

It only happens once/day... that's why one one thinks the problem is solved
only to see it pop up again.

Take care,
John

"Alex Khain" <akh@cyber-strategy5.org> wrote in message

> > >Nope. Did not work for me. The error came back after a couple of
> downloads.
> >
> > The good news is that the error indication does not really cause an
> > additional symptom. I find that by immediately doing Money Updates
> > immediately again the error indication usually clears.
> >
> I did not notice any ill effects either, but I wonder.  Since the error
> happens only on each 3rd download, could it be that the actual update is
not
> attempted every time the download is run, but maybe only once a day or on
> each 3rd attempt? The rest of the time the download succeeds, but the
update
> is not processed, hence no error.
>
> Anyway, the quotes seem to work, the providers seem to download. So I'm
> inclined not to worry about it.
> --
> Alex Khain
> Portland, OR, USA
> (remove the digit from the reply address)

0
John1270 (149)

SMRTINET.INI
What is SMRTINET.INI? When I downloaded tonight I was told that this file was corrupt in the Money updates download section. I assume it will just eventually get it right, but what is it that MS-Money wants to upgrade? Art McClinton AMcClinton@coxdoahnet In microsoft.public.money, Art McClinton wrote: >What is SMRTINET.INI? When I downloaded tonight I was told that this >file was corrupt in the Money updates download section. I assume it will >just eventually get it right, but what is it that MS-Money wants to upgrade? It did not say corrupt, if you have the same error we a...

Task reported error (0x8DE00006) 'The operation failed'
I am getting this error message after I tried to send a "reply to all" message to a large group in Outlook. I want to now cancel this message but the Outlook Send/Receive Progress pop up won't allow me to cancel or make any changes to it. The message does not show up in drafts or in the Outbox. Suggestions, please? Version of Outlook and type of mail account? "KKGA" <KKGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96FDACA7-7786-4502-A0B2-BB2F80F8F895@microsoft.com... > I am getting this error message after I tried to send a "reply...

Calendar Sudden Error
Hello Access Community, We have A2003 and have been using the calendar control forever without any problem. All of a sudden whenever the calendar is opened, we get the following error: Method 'Value' of object '_CustomControl' failed. If I click on the debug button, the code errors at the following line: mctl.value = Atx_Calendar.Value mctl is defined as an access control No one has touched this! We have several databases and it seem to be a problem in every one of the databases. I even tried creating a new database and the same thing happened. I checked the referenc...

"cannot run this process while invoices are posting" error
I'm running year end close for inventory, ie remove discontinuted items and update standard costs. We tested the process in our test company and had absolutely no problems. Our test is an exact replica of our actual database. When we tried the run the process in our actual company, we got the error "cannot run this process while invoices are posting." We aren't posting anything and all users, except the actual driver, are logged out. Any ideas where to start? just to make sure that everything is clear, run the following delete statements in SQL Query Analyzer DYNAMIC...

Shtdown error
On one of the machines at my work, the minute I start MS outlook the error message "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. ... Check box with working "Restart Microsoft Office Outlook" appears. It's not letting me get into Outlook. The application closes after the error messages. How do I get rid of this message. Thanks in Advance BVR ...

Trial and ERROR!
Ordered Money Deluze 2005 online for download... Downloaded and installed, but it claims to be the trial version. The register option in the help menu has no effect on anything - doesn't respond in any way. Also never got the confirmation email that's supposed to be included for the rebate. Tried to submit an incident on the MS support site and only get: Submission Error We could not submit your support request Please click Back and try to submit your request again. Help? Thanks. rlrcstr ...

Getting Error while Upgrading from VC7.1 to VC8..
Hi I am Upgrading from VC7.1 to VC8 using Visual studio .net 2005 IDE. I am successfully able to Upgrade the project but when I am rebuilding the solution, I am getting some wired error.It says that "Template Cannot be Declared to have C Linkage" This is urgent and I have no Clue. Please provide an appropriate solution. Thanks in advance. -Abhay Try this http://www.nabble.com/error-C2894:-templates-cannot-be-declared-to-have- 'C'-linkage-t3341636.html (Watch wrap) > -----Original Message----- > From: abhayparashar01@gmail.com [mailto:abhayparashar01@gmail.com]...

Error Handling
It is easy to handle errors in Excel. I use ISERROR() function and i can fix all kind of errors. I already got that Access also supply such function, ISERROR(). But, I can not eliminate errors in "statement1" below IIF ( ISERROR(statement1), statement2, statement1) How can i achive to run "statemet2" in this expression? Error handler code --- you cannot always trap errors with IsError, it depends on what you are doing. Add an error handler to your code put this at the top of your program, right after the procedure declaration (skip a line first for better readabili...

Server Error
Hello. Recently we upgraded to MSCRM 3.0 but have been getting server errors when trying to close out new activities. I have read the suggestion of deleting the 'cfsdirectioncode' attribute from the entities (i.e. appointment, phone call, email, etc.) and have found the 'cfsdirectioncode' attribute listed under appointment and deleted it, which then allowed us to close appts. (thanks for the suggestion!) Our problem is that it is the only one I found and I still can't close out the rest of the entities like phone call, email, etc. Are there any characteristics I ...

Error 4070 and Error 4130
We are running Exchange 5.5. I have started receiving error 4070 indicating that an error has occurred while opening a temporary message file. Verify that the message spool directories are configured correctly and are readable by the Internet Mail Service. Please advise. This error is then followed by 4130 indicating that there was an error code 0x00000002 while attempting to move the file to the archive directory. What do I do? Hi Jodi, Have you looked at this as a possible solution yet? 231737 XIMS: Internet Mail Service Fails to Start and Logs 4070 and 4131 Errors http://s...

DPM encountered a retryable VSS error
Hi, I have constant problem with back up of Hyper-V virtual machines using DPM 2007 and just wonder if you could help me. Configuration: Host – DELL PE 2950 with Windows Server 2008 SP2. Guests – 5 Virtual machines with Windows Server 2008 SP 2 sitting on local SAS drivers. Two problematic servers are on separated volume than rest. No space issue. My problem is that backup usually works for 1-2 months and then stops on two from five machines with following error: DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID 30112 Details: Unknown error (0x800423f3) (0x800423F3)) When I execu...

Javascript Error #2
hi there, MS CRM 3.0 on SBS. When using the quick create Contact form I am getting JS errors. Don't think any mods have been created on the form but now I cannot find where the Contact quick create form lives in customizations. Can you point me to where the form lives so I can see if any custom code has been added that is causing this or has anyone seen this out of the box? Thanks, Hi Mike, Scripting cannot be done on the Quick Create form. The Quick Create form is probably dynamically created at runtime and it displays the attributes that are marked as business required in t...

linker error 0x0150002
Hi all, I use visual studio8.0 for my project, exe file is used for installshield setup ver 9.0. if i run the setup on PC which doesnot have visual studio 8.0 my application doesnot start and says the following error "The Application falied to initialize properly(0xc015002).Click to terminate the applcation. " if anyone knows solution for the above issue ..help requested thanks in advance Neel Neel schrieb: > if i run the setup on PC which doesnot have visual studio 8.0 my > application doesnot start and says the following error > "The Application falied to ini...

Error processing SMRTINET.INI
Can anyone explain this for me? Money 2004 Sorry :) It is summat to do with an on-line update. A while back we were all getting it. ISTR that it was to do with M2004 picking up an update intended for M2003. It is not a serious problem and often doing another update immediately you see this makes it go away. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/...

cacls: Error 1304: Error writing to file
Hello, I'd like to execute the following on a Windows Xp Pro computer in a domain and want to make it won't "break" any other files on system: cacls "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users" /T /E /C /G administrators:F Issue: Photoshop was already installed on a computer but it may have received an updated, etc and whenever it executes the automatic photoshop installaiton/update it reports: Error 1304. Error writing to file: C:\Program Foles\Common FIles\Adobe\PDFL\5.0\FOnts\ZY____.PFB. Verify that you have access to that directory. I wene to the Adobe s...

ERROR #946
Hi guys Any idea as to why i would be getting this error intermitendly, only one register in the database, and the dongle is installed and goes into POS first but this error persists. Thanks in advance Stephen Zwarts IMMIX Solutions ...

Sending and Receiving Error #2
About 70% of the time when Outlook 2000 is initially opened an error message (0x80042108) comes up saying can't connect to POP server. If you close a few times and reopen then you connect. Very Irritating. By the way I do not have Norton installed. And it happens both at my office and home computers which both used the same Outlook disk for install. ...

average function and error/missing values
Average has what seems to be an odd (inconsistant) behavior to me. I want to be able to have a value of "" within the average function arguments, and for it to still return a result. For instance, if i have a cell with value 1 in it, and a cell with the following formula in it: "=IF(TRUE,"","")", and i then use Average function, with range that includes those two cells, result of Average is "1" [which is correct, and is what i want]. But, if i have the following use of Average function: =Average(1,IF(TRUE,"","")), Av...

Vlookup error
I am having problems with setting up a vlookup table using two different worksheets in the same workbook. I have tried it many different ways and either end up with N/A or REF error. One sheet is named master and the other is data. I am trying to update a field related to number of items. Data sheet is: A B C D 12 Name City 5 I want the value in column D to update into the field in the master sheet. The master sheet is: A B C 12 Name (Want the 5 in data sheet) I have been using =vlookup(a1,data!a$1:a$200,4,0) Can anyone please help? Thanks, Carolyn Caroly...

fatal error U1023: syntax error in expression while using NMAKE
hi all i am having the following line of code in my mak file. !IF "$(CFG)" == "" CFG=DesktopCommon - Win32 Release !MESSAGE No configuration specified. Defaulting to DesktopCommon - Win32 Release. !ENDIF but while making it using NMAKE it giving me fatal error U1023: syntax error in expression message. Any help is appreciated. Thanks The only thing I can think of at first glance is that you don't have quotes around the "DesktopCommon - Win32 Release" so it probably things you're trying to do an expression. Did you make the file by hand? You ...

Matrix Error
In RMS 2.0 my matrix feature doesn't work. After setting up the matrix and going to click ok, I receive a null error 94, I believe, and RMS crashes forcing me to restart. Currently, I cant use the feature therefore I am having to input individual codes for each similar item. Does anyone have any suggestinos as to what might cause this? Thanks in advance. ...

FRx Install error messages
I have tried to install FRx on workstations and I have received 2 error messages:“image writer failed”, and “Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\FRx Software\FRx 6.7\FRx32.exe abnormal program termination”. I have not been able to find anything in the GP kb and our VAR has not been much help. Any ideas to point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks Ask your VAR to look up Article 892290. It suggests there is a problem with the original FRx 6.7 CD and to try installing from the international CD. Your VAR will have access to attain the files for you. David "D...

SMRTINET.INI error
I get this error about every third time I do the internet updates in Money 2004. "Money encountered an error processing the dowloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI')." Yes the error log mispelled the word downloaded! Anybody have any idea? In microsoft.public.money, Stephen wrote: >I get this error about every third time I do the internet >updates in Money 2004. "Money encountered an error >processing the dowloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI')." Yes the >error log mispelled the word downloaded! > >Anybody have any idea? Close Money In Inter...

Help with #REF! error on worksheet
Hello, I have created a worksheet template that is saved and used monthly to summarize data exported from another db. The cell references in the template that correlate to the imported data never change nor do the names of the imported worksheets. The problem I have is when I copy my template to the new workbook with the next months data and recalc, I still get ref errors. I have to manually click into each cell / formula to eliminate the err and get the data. Is there a way to have this information updated automatically when I copy my template into the new workbook? Thanks, Greg Y...

synchronization error with outlook
When I sync with my ipaq, I get the following message: "synchronization cannot be completed because microsoft outlook cannot open the contact foler. Close outlook and then start outlook again. Once outlook is running, disconnect your mobile device and reconnect." ...