Simply record expenses in Money 2004 - no budget needed

I would like to record my expenses daily, and have Money 2004 calculate
the total I spent for the month.

My expenses are different every month, and occur a different number of
instances each month, so making a budget won't work for me. I won't
know what my expenses are, until after I've paid them.

I would simply like to record each expense as it happens, and then have
Money add up all expenses for each category, as a running total for
each category.

I've tried doing this by creating a Budget within Money, but I'm forced
to choose recurring time periods for when the expense will occur ( I
won't know until after the expense occurs), and I'm forced to choose an
amount, but I won't know what the amount is until after the expense
occurs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, helponmoney@hotmail.com wrote:

>I would like to record my expenses daily, and have Money 2004 calculate
>the total I spent for the month.
>
>My expenses are different every month, and occur a different number of
>instances each month, so making a budget won't work for me. I won't
>know what my expenses are, until after I've paid them.
>
>I would simply like to record each expense as it happens, and then have
>Money add up all expenses for each category, as a running total for
>each category.
>
>I've tried doing this by creating a Budget within Money, but I'm forced
>to choose recurring time periods for when the expense will occur ( I
>won't know until after the expense occurs), and I'm forced to choose an
>amount, but I won't know what the amount is until after the expense
>occurs.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.

Money is good at that. Enter a category for each transaction. Just
ignore the budget.

Instead look at Reports.  Find a report similar to what you want.
Click Customize.

Explore the tabs to see what you can customize.

When done, you can save that customized report as a Favorite if you
like. Then changes you make to the regular report in the future will
not apply to the one you saved as a favorite.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)

File Reservation error on shared Excel 97 spreadsheet, need help preventing it. 10 users accessing it, but can't always make changes.
File Reservation error on shared Excel 97 spreadsheet, need help preventing it. I have a shared Excel 97 spreadsheet located on a Windows 2000 Server. There are about 10 computers that share access to it. The spreadsheet was setup just a few weeks ago. What should happen is the first computer that opens the file has Read/Write access. When additional users access it, they get a message saying it's in use by (User Name) for Read Only access or Notify them when it's available for editing. On occasion, the user with Read / Write access will close the file down, but the other users w...

Tab Control Records
I have placed a Tab Control on my form. The Form is linked to a master table that assignes an ID. I have 6 tabs and each tab has a subform (The subforms link to the Score Table and the score table links back to the Master Table) with option buttons for the user to choose. The problem I am having is that when the user clicks on the next tab it creats a new record in the Score Table. I would like to have one record per Master table ID. any help would be greatful. Vincent ...

Money Money Money #3
Hey everyone! I'm not promising you a rags to riches lifestyle overnight, but this really will earn you some pocket money for doing nothing other than surf on your computer. And in time, you may even be able to afford some of those more luxurious things in life. http://www.surfjunky.com/?r=Generator69 ...

Email Policy - Corporate Practices
Exchange 5.5/NT4.0 - our setup, soon being migrated by a professional company to Windows 2003 Domain/Exchange 2003. Right now, we have about 58 users on exchange 5.5 Smallest user maintains their mailbox healthy, around 60megs on any given day, and they've been here for 2 years. Other users, who have been here for let's say 8 months, have a 1.7gig mailbox. From time to time, we have to get users to "shave" their data down, by removing stuff they truely don't need, remove items from deleted items, and maintain sent items in a timely fashion....basically saying t...

Hints on how Money got to be what it is today
See http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=36099539665548298&q=microsoft+ipod and http://www.ipodobserver.com/story/25957 for background. The sad thing is that it is also reflective of the development of the product (in our case, MS Money). We call it Design By Committee. A camel, for instance, is a horse designed by committee. "XB77" <XB77@My-Deja.com> wrote in message news:121j59vn8aq0p6e@corp.supernews.com... > The sad thing is that it is also reflective of the development of the > product (in our case, MS Money). > > ...

i need to format a column as microseconds ? how do i do this
i need to format a column as microseconds ? how do i do this eg : hh:mm:ss.___ Format>Cells>Custom In the Type box, enter hh:mm:ss.000 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "SMT" <SMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF0BAF0B-FEC9-46CD-9784-3FDBEBA6729F@microsoft.com... >i need to format a column as microseconds ? how do i do this > eg : hh:mm:ss.___ ...

duplicated records
Hi, our customer has problem with duplivating records in database. There we can ee in his database over 600 duplicated records. All of them are from one user, which uses Outlook client Have You some ideas, how can be possible? Thank You Tomas Microsoft CRM will not stop you entering duplicate records. The user must be educated to look for account records for example before creating new ones. In addition there may be some 3rd party addons to help with duplicate checking. If your up for some coding there is a sample application on msdn.microsoft.com. Here is the link http://msdn.microso...

Upgrading Money 07 to Money 07
I'm currently using a downloaded trial copy of MS Money Deluxe, it expires in March. I just picked up a copy of Money Deluxe at Staples, along with Tax Cut, so I can take advantage of the rebate on the purchase (I was going to get Tax Cut anyway). The question is, do I need to uninstall my current install of Money 07 and install from the retail box? Or do I just install from the retail box right over my current setup and all will be fine? Or is there something else I should do? I've upgraded MS Money before, but it was always a real version upgrade (02 to 07-Trial, forex), not a t...

Duplicate record and child records
I know most people want to eliminate duplicate records, however i need to create them! I have a Access 2003 database which has a Form we'll call orders. There are 10 subforms linked to orders through Order_ID. There are of course 11 tables behind these forms. I'd like to be able to create a duplicate of a record and all the associated records in the linked subforms/tables. I've read it possible with an append query, but I'm wondering if there is a way to filter a recordset and then append the recordset back to the original table. 11 recordsets, 11 filters and 11 appends as ...

Record Selectors & Navigation Buttons: Set BackColor?
Anybody know how to coerce the colors of a form's RecordSelectors section and NavigationButtons? I'm guessing there's an API call somewhere, but don't have a clue beyond that. -- PeteCresswell "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote in message news:mlqgr318v13atugcricjmnhbd7fhq4i1qa@4ax.com... > Anybody know how to coerce the colors of a form's RecordSelectors > section and NavigationButtons? > > I'm guessing there's an API call somewhere, but don't have a clue > beyond that. You can replace the standard navigation buttons with...

Simply Formula
Is there a simple formula approach to trimming numbers? Our full Grant Number in one system appears as Example: 1 F32 AI540542003A1 and in the other system it appears 54054 Also, can you explain the formula below? =IF(H30<>"CA",TRIM(F30)&" "&TRIM(G30)&" "&TRIM(H30)&RIGHT (LEFT(TRIM(B30),14),5)&TRIM(D30)&TRIM(K30),TRIM(F30) &" "&TRIM(G30)&" "&TRIM(H30)&RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(B30),14),6) &TRIM(D30)&TRIM(K30)) Thanks Again for all your Help!!! Hi, For trimming numbers there are a number...

Money 2007
I have had this issue for the last several versions of Money that the program automatically (without confirmation) adds every Payee that it encounters in the downloaded transactions to my list of Payees EVEN THOUGH the option to confirm Payees is checked. Currently I am using Money 2007 Delx. All these years I have been deleting the unwanted Payees manually every time that I download any activity into my accounts. Is there a way to make this go away somehow ? Thanks Matt I believe this is standard behavior for downloaded payees. Others of the downloaded transactions persuasion can confi...

Quicken 04 to Money 05 conversion woes...
Ok, last year I thought I would finally be rid of Quicken and couldn't do the conversion then. Now I've got the Money 2005 trial, and I'm trying to convert my Quicken 2004 data... First I tried the normal conversion, with the usual "unable to convert your quicken file, try validating" message. Validating did nothing to help. Then I tried deleting a bunch of older accounts, investment accounts, and anything else that seemed iffy. Validated again, tried to convert, no luck. In fact, the file size didn't really even change much on the quicken file. So I decided i...

Sound Play and Record
Win XP I have an onboard sound card toggled through the BIOS and also an On-Board sound card. With the onboard sound "enabled" Play works and Record works intermittently using MS Sound Recorder. With the onboard sound "disabled" I get the message: "Another application is play audio" when attempting to record or play. This seems completely backward. Running "Troubleshoot Sound" currently the microphone is recognized. Searching the internet yield a number of post indicating that XP Sound Record seems to be intermittent ...

Form does not display all records in a table
2007 Up to date Recently inherited an Access database with 8 separate tables. A series of forms were developed to aid users to Add/Modify/Delete records. There is a table called "Utility Vendors" There is a form called "Utility Vendors" After activating the form, I have access to all the records in the table "Utility Vendors" except for one record. The fields in this record contain accurate data and the record is toggled "active". FYI, I did enter the data in the "missing" record directly into the table (not via the form) I do not bel...

Recording Cash Expenses
Using My Money trial version. I am an accountant. I am aware this software was written for non-accountants. I cannot figure out how to set up an account for Cash On Hand or Petty Cash. It seems that if the account is not linked to an institution its not very viable. I can add transactions, but I cannot get them to move from pending to hard post. Am I missing something here or is this software missing something here? How does one track spending that does not flow through an instituion? In microsoft.public.money, Gamediva2112 wrote: >Using My Money trial version. I am an acc...

Delete duplicate record
Hi, I have a table with 10,000 rows and 10 columns. Column 1 has text values, I want to delete the record if they have a duplicate, that is delete all the records. So if Column 1 has a two, three, four,... rows with the same value I would delete ALL the two, three, four... rows. I have a query that finds the duplicate, but how do you delete this? Thanks for your help on this Dear Jeff, You could create an exact same table structure without any records. In that new table make the column 1 the primary key. Then append the table. "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a t...

2004 trial scam??
I've read reports of a 2004 trial scam which I think I have fallen fowl of. I don't mind buying the full version, but I cannot purchase it from anywhere! :-( I think it's because I am resident in the UK. Does anyone know what I need to do to be able to read this file again? A password program I use tells me that it has detected version 11, which to me is 2003. So right now I'm really confused because now I cannot guarantee that I have 2003 or 2004 (I thought I downloaded 2004 deluxe, but it might have been 2003 deluxe!!). This was 30 days ago, although it was mea...

Money 99 #8
Hi, My friend purchased a new computer several weeks ago. He has been using Money 99, and wants to keep this program with his XP computer. I installed his Money 99, after uninstalling Money 2004, but keep getting an error on startup of Money 99. The error: (error 1309, error reading from file C:\Bundle\Money\iue\msaacol.wav. The window that appears, tells me of the error, and ask wether or not to report to Microsoft. If I say no, the program leaves the screen and I am returned to my desktop. If I say yes, and I am connected on the internet, the computer freezes, and ...

Simply Barcoding
We have a client who had been using product IDs as a 12 character (all numerics) number and Selecting UPCA in the bar code selection. After they have entered 1000s of products they have tried to print barcoded labels. However the Symbol 2208 when it scans these labels, is not successfully able to determine the 12th digit. Which is understandable as the UPCA code should have a calculated check sum 12th digit. The question is now what bar code type should be used so that the existing product ID are faithfully reproduced on the labels and by the scanner, even if the 12th digit is non UPCA c...

NetBank / Money Setup
I've seen in some older posts that there have been problems connecting to NetBank via MS Money... I'm having the same problem, and so far, NetBank support has been no help. Has anyone out there found a solution to this problem yet? Thanks. ...

Suppression of a recording
Hi, My problem is the suppression of a recording to àpartir of a list indeed when I want to remove a customer for example an error message is posted: "Impossibe to remove contact the system administrator". I stopped the service "Microsoft CRM Woorkflow Service" but always the problem exists. A message is posted: "A recording with these values exists already there is impossible to create a recording in double. Select one or more single values and start again". although I am removing and not to insert. Thanck You. Thanck You ...

Need stacked chart help #2
can nobody help me please ???? -- wjviveen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wjviveen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278258 Hi, Have you had a look at these examples? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy wjviveen wrote: > can nobody help me please ???? > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Sequential numbering of records
Having read the various postings on the subject i am more confused than ever. what I want to do is to create a field that will contain sequential numbers starting with an initial number of say 20000 and incrementing by 1 such that record 1 is 20000, record 2 is 20001, record 3 is 20003 etc as each record is entered using an input form. Something similar perhaps to the series fill in Excel or a customisable autonumber field. my question is what is the simplest way of doing this for what would seem to be a fairly common problem in the Form_Current Sub Me.CustomNumberField.DefaultValue =...

need document properties statistics revision information
using excel 2000 pro in document properties; statistics tab; bottom half of info i do see "last saved by" info but cannot find help on how to get the "revision number" and "total editing time" information.. can anyone help me with this.. I would like to set it up so that it is automatically entered for every document i create and not have to recreate for every file.. thanks ...